main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I don't think one is necessarily needed for Wizard world. Alot of what we purchase there is in the higher price range so buying it for each other is a little much and then aside from the dinner you actually have to run into the person to let them know. Not to mention all the non-SW schwag we buy at that con.

2. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Ahhh good point, damn my noob at wizard world status

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Going out in a blaze of glory.....

Since this current wave of Star Wars 3 3/4 figures will be my last (As God as my witness....no more!)
    ...I just did a "Buy it Now" on the Comic Con Holographic Leia....
    and figures 51-53.....

4. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Just an FYI that I found the Ultimate Lightsaber kit at my local (Buffalo Grove) Target. I haven't opened it yet but it looks like a lot of fun and a great concept.

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    TRU in Orland had a whole crapload of them too....I, like an idiot, ordered one on-line...which of course....ain't here yet..the concept is a good one..but when I looked over the pieces...there was nothing very new....I have every electronic lightsaber that they ever made and all the pieces in the kit are pretty much the same as what I have...it is a neat concept.....but I guess I didn't need yet another plastic lightsaber...so the one I purchased on line will stay in the box.

6. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    if anyone needs a neimodian warrior, they have approximately 8,000 of them at the Target across the street from my house.

7. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    bottle capes anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pepsi-Japan-STAR-WARS-Bottle-Cap-60-Figure-death-stage_W0QQitemZ7173462747QQcategoryZ854QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    lightsaber spoons from kellogg's cereal. i need a blue, i have a extra red unopened and extra green NOT used.

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    They actually made another color in the spoons besides Red? lol...
    I purchased 4 boxes of cereal...and every single one was red...
    I gave up...I don't even like cereal...I gave that to someone else to eat..

and I am now just 4 figures away from my LAST 3 3/4 figure!
    After this run...that's it for me!

10. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Yeah, I actually have 4 dang red spoons too but do have an extra blue.....I pm'd you Texxun.

11. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    I don't know if any of you have seen these yet, but I was at the TRU in Schaumburg today at lunch and found Obi-Wan's BLUE Jedi Starfighter W/FIGURE today. Unfortunately it was the only one they had or I would've picked up at least one more for whoever. I was totally siked to find it, as I didn't even know that they were coming out with another Obi-Wan fighter.

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Seen any Plo Koon Starfighters yet?
    or
    Palpy's lightsaber?

13. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    Not yet.

14. Mustafarian_hotdog

Mustafarian_hotdog Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    found at the TRU in orland park, 10 of the 500th figuers all in mint, going for a mear $16.99, let the fun start, i found them on 8-7-05 at 4:eek:o pm hope it might help you guys "mtdsbwy"

15. LanceWS

LanceWS Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Target in Streamwood had about six Evolutions packs yesterday. I manged to pick up a couple of 500th Vaders for $14.99 a piece (I paid $20 for one last week).

I don't know if anybody else is collecting it, but I just got my Holographic Leia's from the official site store. I took a chance on the non-mint ones that went on sale a few days after the first batch. There was nothing wrong with them at all. Stupid figure though.

16. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    ok, got the evolutions anakin, jedi vs sith set, 500th vader, Capt antilles, Jett Zuckass, utupian sentry and the new sith eyes anakin all of these were found across the chicago land

By the way whens the next meeting?

17. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    I believe the next meeting is Sunday, the 21st.

18. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    anakin evolution, jedi vs. sith,#50 anakin,#48 r2d2... all found in orland park. TRU and KB. KB dropped their prices too. k mart in crestwood also has some 500th figures.

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I will be missing the Collector Club this month....I am going to a "Life Celebration" for a friend of mine that recently passed away..

20. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    I also will be missing collectors club this month, I now have a wake to go to on sunday at 3

and why do they call it a wake?????

21. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I have no idea why it is called a wake...
    The "Life Celebration" that I went to yesterday was emotionally draining....and...to a great degree...I think the idea of a celebration of someone's life rather than mourning their death is a good idea...

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Anyone seeing the "Evolutions" 3 packs yet?
    They are starting to appear on e-bay..
    So far...there are 3 different 3 packs up for auction....

23. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    ref....."a wake"

mostly from the Irish.....and from the days when .....mistakes would occur,

thus, a vigil of staying awake until interment, to sort of make sure,

was just to one of these myself........

24. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    I picked up the Anakin "Evolutions" 3 pack last week at Target and the Jedi vs Sith pack as well. Very cool.

25. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    i found anakin evolution at target in matteson and k-bee in orland. they are a little more expensive at k-bee... $24.99. they also had the sith vs. jedi pack. they had a clone 3 pack too. i was able to pick up the vader unleashed and palpatine yoda unleashed monday at orland target. but only one of each, i guess i got lucky. k-mart in tinley has the black repaint clone pilot and the mustafar sentry if anyone is interested. try matteson stores, i usually get pretty lucky over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.