Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    They are very cool....
    but....
    once again...hard choices have to be made...
    Initially, I wanted to collect them...but...have decided against them....
    ouch...this one really hurts...they are VERY cool...

2. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    any truth to the rumor that the latest wave of 12-inch
    unleashed figures has been canceled?

am unsure where I heard this, but either Clone Trooper,
    Stormtrooper or both were suppose to be part of this.

am not a big collector in this area, and was just wondering,
    Ed
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Unleashed have always been considered 7" figures...
    I had heard they were going to be downsized to 5"...but the Asajj Ventress and Palpatine VS Yoda are still 7".

Slated for release after Ventress and Palpy vs Yoda was supposed to be yet another Darth Vader, a second Chewbacca (?), Clonetrooper and Han Solo as a Stormtrooper.

I have not heard of the fate of these...I do like the Unleashed..I think the sculpts are awesome...
    but if they discontinue the line.....
    well...
    one less thing to collect...
    lol
  4. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the update Phyllis, will try to find out where I heard this from.

Ed

edit,

ok, got lucky and remembered where I was web-surfing for this,

mousedroid.com

UNLEASHED FINAL WAVE CANCELLED - WORLDWIDE

HOT NEWS ! ! ! Our Spy network has confirmed from Hasbro sources that the Final Wave of Unleashed figures, including Shock Trooper, Stormtrooper Han Solo and EP3 Wookiee Warrior, are now CANCELLED WORLDWIDE. They have not been produced and will not be released this year as Hasbro focus on the new 2" Unleashed line.
  5. nalan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ed,

in reference to the unleashed wave that got cancelled, saw this on yakface.com

Yak Reader Aleks sent this to Hasbro's customer service department:

Is it true? There is web rumor that the line has been cancelled even before the han, Chewbacca, mustafar clone trooper wave. What are you thinking? Collectors love the larger unleashed line. All you have to do is go to a star wars web site and look at polls that have been done regarding this issue. They reflect collectors being disappointed in the change and even stating that they are not interested in buying the new 2 inch line. I know that the smaller line will take up less shelf space, but what about the detail that we love in the larger line??
    I was not happy with the new line, but I had accepted it. I also hoped that someone at Hasbro was listening to the fans and monitoring the web sites and the polls. I was looking forward to one last wave of the Unleashed characters, and now even that may have been taken from us.

Thank you for listening,
    A disappointed collector

Here's the response he received:

"Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest.
    There are no plans at this time to discontinue that product line.
    We will share your interest with the appropriate personnel. Thanks again for your interest."

Very interesting, especially in light of the fact that Hasbro's Star Wars team has stated publically that the line was to be put on hiatus after this "upcoming" wave

Hope it helps, rumors are killers, and a real pain in the nether-regions
  6. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Scott,
    thanks for the update......for now,

I would think that if the next wave was on it's way,
    that Hasbro would be quick to confirm,

but for now, keeping quiet could be a way for them
    to get more publicity.....either way, It is a concern
    for collectors.

oh.....still thinking about getting.....Star Wars Chronicles.....

Ed

edit...trying to correct gramer and speling:)
  7. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    "UNLEASHED FINAL WAVE CANCELLED - WORLDWIDE

HOT NEWS ! ! ! Our Spy network has confirmed from Hasbro sources that the Final Wave of Unleashed figures, including Shock Trooper, Stormtrooper Han Solo and EP3 Wookiee Warrior, are now CANCELLED WORLDWIDE. They have not been produced and will not be released this year as Hasbro focus on the new 2" Unleashed line."

2" Unleashed?
    What...do they come with a magnifying glass!
    :eek:
  8. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    No Schph, they're extremely detailed, slightly larger than miniatures, and come in 5-packs for less than the price of 1 7-inch Unleashed. They do look very cool. But.................

Be strong woman!!!
    Stick to the PLAN!!!
    Hasbro has become Parasitic, remember?!?!
    I'll be going oooh and ahhh right there with you, but we must save our money for bigger, better collectibles!
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    lol...thanks for bringing me out of it, Dex...
    rocking back and forth....
    must stick to the plan..
    must stick to the plan...
    must stick to the plan...

er...
    what was the plan again?
  10. Texxun_raider Jedi Knight

star 1
    i heard that the unleashed that "were" cancelled have now been updated to "TBD" release date. after the shocktrooper,han,and chewy are released thay will be going down to a 2" unleashed line. dex is right, hasbro is gong nuts with this whole RE-release everything already out there. stay strong phyllis. i will try to keep folks updated on whats actually in the stores in our area.
  11. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well....I would like to finish the regular "Unleashed" line...

as far as the 2"....dunno about those...
    thanks for the heads up for anything in our area...but I have a bad feeling that if they are talking cancelling the line...the last of the 7" will be hard to find...

I have the Asajj Ventress...and JediGeek found me a Palpatine vs Yoda...
    but the other three are not out there yet...around here anyway...
  12. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Okay. Just making sure. I know that Collector's Club is this Sunday the 18th. But what time? Usually it was at 3:00. But it says 2:00 on the "Upcoming Chicago Force Events" schedule (at the top of the page). Did we change the time? [face_thinking]
  13. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    The other schedules and the Calender on our page have it right JediGeek, I think the banner just has a typo.
  14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry. I goofed when I submitted events to Dajuan for the marquee. I'll send her a corrected time tonight.

Phil
  15. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Cool. Then I'll see you guys at 3:00. Oh yeah, by the way, I saw the e-mail regarding bowling afterwards. Sounds fun. Count me in if we decide to go.
  16. Texxun_raider Jedi Knight

star 1
    has anyone found the new cup sets at targets yet? i have been looking forever, even have people looking n texas and floridia. no such luck yet.
  17. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Is anyone going to be at Collector's Club who will be able to collect money for paintball?

If so, I will make a trip down there to pay.
  18. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well...I am headed there Sithman...however I am not an approved paintball "pay station"....
    but...I am sure that you can send Carrie a check if she is not there...

19. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Thanks Phyllis, but I obviously didn't show up anyways. Work went later than I thought it would and I had a bundle of homework to finish.

I hope you guys had fun, though!
  20. nalan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Favorite quote of the bowling fun that ensued after collectors club

Peaches: "She bowls like an imperial stormtrooper"
  21. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Which "she"? Autobot or JediGeek?

...and Jedi Geek...sorry....no Jedi Apprentice #18...you know I would have pm'd or called you if I found it...
    :(

And...a heads up to all....When I did stop in the Barnes and Noble on the way to Collector Club I found that the new book "The Ultimate Visual Dictionary" was already on the racks...this book was due out in October...but is already in the store....
    Though I have not had a chance to go through it completely..it is pretty awesome in that it ties all of the Canon and Expanded Universe together.....the whole story is there back to 25,000 years BBY

22. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting everyone, things came up unexpectedly. But I hope everyone that went bowling had a good time. I felt kinda bad since it was my idea to go bowling in the first place and then I couldn't make it. Oh well! I should see quite a few of you next week after book club...or during, we'll see when I get there.
  23. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    lol...we know the real truth Dex...
    [face_whistling]

24. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok....
    it would appear that Plo-Koon's Jedi Starfighter is starting to appear on E-bay...

and ..
    curiously...it is not the regular Ep III Starfighter like Obi-Wan and Anakin...but looks like the AOTC Starfighters...

Please keep an eye out for this one!
  25. Texxun_raider Jedi Knight

star 1
    the new SUPER TARGET in tinley park is scheduled to open
    October 9. i am still looking for cup sets. i saw some new ships at taret in matteson today phyllis, but i don't remember which ones they were. they also had plenty at-rt drivers and mustafar sentry if anybody is looking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.