main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    It was cold, but we knew that would happen.
    A mishap with my alarm caused me to be late, but thanks to cell phones, was able to hook up with Lt. Dak and JediGeek.
    I was happy to score some 4 for $10 figures for my cousin's 11th birthday. Dooku, Jango, Hanger Duel Anakin, and Kit Fisto.
    I also got Unleashed Palpy and Yoda for $13!
    And one of those "Safety"* Orange Han Blaster for $5, with working sound. Score!

Lots of walking, lots of talking, the consensus among us are that dolls are creepy, and I got to see the NEW Luke Green saber, which I really, really want, but not for $200. Oh, and we did mange to talk a little baseball to, especially after we ran into Nalan and Bobafreak.

* The use of the " " in no way reflects a dig on Lt Dak in regards to the bookclub discussion, but this does "Farm Boy Hat!"

2. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    A great time was had by all.

GO SOX!!!

(Take that Carrie!) :)

3. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    :rolleyes:

I forgot to ask, did you get the Anakin Starfighter after all?

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    dam....the new green Luke is $200.00?
    but...I do have that "Master Replicas super secret society" discount...wonder where I put that thing...it has been worthless so far...

I really missed going...
    :_|

and...
    yes...
    dolls (they are not dolls...they are action figures)...are creepy!

5. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Actually Phyllis, we also saw another vendor that had the Luke FX saber for $150. Then we found out that he had lowered it to $125.00. Besides, the $200 vendor was high on EVERYTHING. He was just out for the $$$$.

6. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I did indeed grab the TRU exlusive Anakin Starfighter. I got it and 2 red Royal Guards for $52. If I had paid retail, it would have been $46 with tax, so I didn't mind being $6 over.

7. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    i checked out rebel scum earlier. i absolutely have to have the new 9 piece pez box sets. i was never a collector of anything until i saw the star wars pez. now i want them all.

8. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    the new holo palpatine has been released to toys r us. i picked mine up yesterday in orland. jedifalcon got his on 87th and the ryan. go get yours today.

9. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Got mine yesterday at the TRU in Schaumburg.

10. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    WHAT???!!!???

I was there when just after it opened and they claimed they didn't have it. GRRR . . .

Do you know if he had to spend $30 to get it free, or if they allowed him to buy it for $9.99?

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    phooey....

I forgot about that one....
    I heard that you HAD to spend the $30.00....
    anyone know?
    Cheryl...TRU run tonight....lol...

yesterday was expensive enough...
    I got 2 of the 3 dvd release sets...(has anyone seen #3 Clonetrooper set?)
    some of the new figure wave from 57-63
    and...
    drum roll....
    the biggie..

The Master Replica Luke Skywalker ROTJ green FX lightsaber!

dam....I wonder if they have any left? I still would like to complete all 3 3/4 up to the end of the ROTS line...

12. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Yep, I'm green with envy.

13. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    If you dont want to spend the 30 bucks to get the figure just go here

Ya gotta pay shiping, but I went to TRU and couldnt find 30 buck worth of stuff that i didnt already have

And Schph, i found the 3rd set of dvd exclusives(clones) at the Kankakee Wal Mart off of rt 50 and I57

14. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Lt Dak! Hold onto those clone pilots. In case you haven't seen, for 2006 Toy R Us will have a Clone Wars exclusive gun ship.

15. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    At the Walmart on 103RD and Harlem, there were tons of the 3-pack dvd figures,even the clone trooper ones,the best buy lithograph looks like a kool exclusive good luck everyone!!

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Scored the DVD Clonetroopers last night at 1:00 am in Fort Wayne....I bought two...they had a whole crapload of them
    and...
    I now have two complete sets as I cancelled my Wal Mart on-line of sets 1 & 2 ...but apparently I was too late...because they arrived today anyway...

:rolleyes:

Will have to check out that link on the holo palpy...

17. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Thanks Carrie. I did see that. I'm going to hold on to my clone pilots. I'm sure glad I bought 8 of them when they were originally released.

18. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I just read on rebelscum, on of the items coming out for 2006 is a Galactic Heroes two pack of (drum roll please)

Wedge Antillies and a Tie Pilot!

Glee!

Of course, I will quickly convert my tie pilot into another Wedge by adding a small stuffed bear with a rubber band. And if you don't understand the reference, you are probably better off! :)

19. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    For those FX collectors, don't expect to see the Luke Green Saber on Master Replicas site anytime soon. I just read from Borders own newsletter that it is a Borders exclusive. Which explains why it hasn't appeared on the site yet.

20. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Has anyone seen the Target Exclusive Shadow Troopers yet?

21. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    They are just starting to hit now. I haven't seen them yet myself.

If you find them fellow Black Sunners, grab 2 for me!

22. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Targets "official" release date for the shadow troops is allegedly the 20th of November, According to the managers at a few of the targets I frequent, course they can get the OK to put em out any time now

23. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I picked up my 2 shadow troopers from the Target on 87th and Cottage Grove in the city. I also found the gray variation for the evolutions troop set.

Time to update my Black Sun Want List.

I'm still desperately trying to find the last five figures.

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    you mean these 5:
    #64 - R4-P17 (ooops...thought it was an R2)
    #65 - Tactical Ops Clone Trooper
    #66 - Holographic Plo Koon
    #67 - Holographic Aayla Secura
    #68 - Wookiee Heavy Gunner

Ditto here.....if the Black Suns don't report seeing them soon....
    it is on to e-bay.

I know that there were three figures from earlier in the wave that most people found extremely difficult to find: Tarkin, Meena Tills and Ask Aak (or whatever)...I know that JediGeek never did find them...and she usually finds just about everything out by her....I purchased this trio on e-bay and never did see it in any store either...even at that Toy Con Toy Show that I went to in September...I didn't see any of these 3 there either....usually the vendors have them...

25. Vicfett

Vicfett Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Tarkin, Meena Tills and Ask Aak (or whatever)

I saw these three at the walmart on touhy near the villiage crossing theater, I think it was friday that I saw them there. I was low on funds so I was not able to purchase them there. If you leave near there try looking there. I think I saw two of each on the shelves. I was there in the afternoon, so they might still be there or maybe new ones have been added.

26. JediFalcon25

Nov 24, 2004
    Whats people, you guys will owe me one. The Target on 87th and Cottage Grove has the Exclusive Shadow Trooper, but they are'nt on the shelf.Get the UPC# from Rebelscum,then ask someone at Target and they'll get em for you from the back. You can also try that at another Target,but beware of greedy selfish dealers that ruin it for us fans. The Target on Cottage Grove also has the variant Anakins with the Dooku light sabers,good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.