main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    For those of that didnt get one Best Buy is selling their "Exclusive Lithograph" for one cent at certain stores that still have em, check it out

2. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    i have the plo koon and aayla holographic figures. hubby got them at target when he picked up the movie. also found blue clone troopers. vader's 501st. only found 2 troopers and one each of aayla and plo koon. we also have the lithograph from best buy, a neighbor gave it to us. i alos was lucky enough to snag a movie display case from k mart in tinley. i foundn some other figures at walmart in orland. ones i have never seen before. unfortunately, i have no further info. good luck to all. i will be moving soon and will try to stay in the collecting loop.

3. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    A buddy of mine called me from Disney World just after he exited the Star Tours ride . . . he found all of the final 5 except the 501st trooper.

4. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    Where the heck are ya moving too? Montana? Is that why you cant stay in the collecting loop?

5. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    we are going to merrillville. so i will let you guys know if anything pops up in my area. but some of yo may be too far to take advantage, that's what i meant

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Sideshow's 12inch Jedi Luke figure is about to go on preorder. Anyone here how much this puppy is going to cost?

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Not expecting anything....but I stopped in at some stores on the way home from work yesterday....picked up Shadow Trooper at the Target in Crestwood....didn't need them but found a holographic Emperor at the TRU in Orland ....nothing else there...

Then I found one holographic Aayla...sitting in a wrong place at the Target in Orland...they had no Shadow Troopers left...BUT did have a whole crapload of the Lava Reflection Obi-Wan and Anakin....and my last stop was at Wal-Mart in Orland...and I was able to find a R4-P17.....

Someone at work also gave me one of those Best Buy lithographs....
    all in all....not too bad....
    I am having a difficult time lately keeping up with the "Exclusives"....I don't go to Rebelscum (don't have the time)...so I hear about a lot of this stuff from you guys....thanks..btw...

8. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    how many shadow troopers were there at crestwood target? that's very close to me, maybe i chould go. if they had any left. i know jedifalcon is still looking for vader's 501st trooper and the holo plo and aayla. i'm still looking for you falcon.

9. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    If anyone is like me and they keep their figs in package, I have 2 spinner dispays that I need to get rid of. PM me if you're interested by Tuesday or I'm tossing them.

Mark

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    texxun....they had two left...

Mark...I ended up putting my figs in tubs to keep them clean....so pass on the spinner thingies....

11. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Hey whats up everyone, Thanx Texxun for being on the lookout, i got your back too!Yesterday i went to Best Buy in Orland Park, i ran into a Lucasfilm Rep, he was putting up all the Battlefront II promotions. He gave me a bad ass BFII store display cardboard poster, and a BFII window sticker.Hey Texxun i know your a vader fan, my friend at Walmart gave me some EpIII dvd Vader promos, they are yours next time i see you.

12. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    thanks falcon. we will have to hook up before next weekend. i may go shopping tomorrow. let me know where you are going to be.

13. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    all right guys, here's the skinny on the new burger king toys and watches. the toys are out and can be purchased seperately for .99 at some select stores (crestwood). as for the watches, they are coming out in waves. right now is wave one which is episode 1 darth maul/obi wan and episode 4 luke/stormtrooper. my guess is that the next wave will be ep2 and ep5 followed by ep3 and ep6. but that is ONLY A GUESS. i was lucky enough to get my little hands on the ep1 and ep4 watches, spinning anakin and.... get ready.... the hard to find "talking darth vader". as found on rebelscum the darth vader from the last toy release and this one are very hard to find, being called "chaser toys", because people are chasing after them. if anyone is interested, i know the secret on how to get your own "talking darth vader".

14. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I still have an extra Vader/Anakin from the previous run...if anyone needs one yet...

and...I got two steps closer to finishing my "gotta have em all" 3 3/4 figures collection....they had one holographic Plo-Koon and one #65 Tactical Ops Clone trooper at the new Target on Harlem/80th ave...I felt pretty lucky to get one of each of those....

so...I am missing only the #68 Wookiee Heavy Gunner....after that...I am only going to collect the very special 3 3/4....

15. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    schph, i thought i saw the wookie heavey gunner at walmart in orland a week ago, but i may have been mistaken. i am ging over there today, i will check for you. if i find it i will let you know asap. has anyone heard any feedback on the target collector coin they gave with the dvd? i was just wondering if people were still looking for those or if no one rally cares. i thought it was pretty cool.

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    They might have had the Wookiee...but I did make a stop in there on Thursday ...and diddly...but...just one to go ain't bad....

No....I didn't collect the coin....

17. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Found the SPUDTROOPER at TRU in Schaumburg today for $7.99!! Woohoo!! [face_dancing] Unfortunately it was the last one they had. I dug through all of them but everything else was Darth Tater.

18. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....Spud Trooper....

19. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    i want the spud trooper, i just keep forgeting to add him to my want list. if anyone finds it let me know. please

20. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    sweet! gotta keep my eyes open for the spud trooper. finally saw the Darth Tater on the shelves here in CA...at a Ralph's (grocery store) of all places.

I am in need of one Star Cases (or whoever) action figure case to hold my silver TRU darth vader, which is sitting exposed in my closet and making me nervous. Please PM if you can help me out.

21. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    phooey....I don't have anymore of those kind of Star Cases left...I only had a few to begin with...and could actually use a few extra myself...

.the new Star Cases that you can pick up at Target are for the new rounded bubble of the ROTS line....

22. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    ok guys, i have just moved to merrillville and aparently they don't shop for swe toys here beause the stores here are full of what you need. phyllis: i found your heavy gunner wookie at meijer on hwy 30. jedifalcon: i found your holo figures and vaders' 501st there too. i found unleashed at kmart on hwy 30. meijer's toys are only $4.99. but with the move i could not afford to pick them up for you guys, sorry. let me know if you can come to the area, we just got our star wars room all set up and i would love to show it off. falcon and schph you are more than welcome to come check it out.

23. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    y'all need to head out texxun's way for an event and have dinner/games at celebration station. i remember that place as the bee's knees, even well into my late teens. they always had a great selection of games along with the skeeball, kiddie rides, etc. and the creepiest dual-level robotic entertainment evar.

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    crap...I was just in Highland, IN on Tuesday night (in Imperial Officer costume) for the release of "Dark Lord"....I was tired though...and didn't feel like toy shopping.....

25. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    Well for anyone who is lookin for em, I found the kidnapping of the twins from their rightful father today, way out in Belvidere, IL at the Wal mart, they had a bunch on the shelves, but I had limited funds and didnt have my lists with me.

Pretty decent set though, dig the new packaging, although Bail looks a little, I dont know, strange

Funny though, luke is bald and Leia has a full head of hair

4.77 at walmart per

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.