main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Sounds Cool! :cool:

Never got last years R2,and 3PO though

2. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I never got the holiday R2-3PO either.

I always wondered if they are real figures or are just glued in place?

Anyway, great to be back, still bummed that I missed the meeting. That last post was from the airport in LA, Sithman. We had a 2.5 hour lay-over there before the final leg of our journey back to Chicago. I was bored to death and right there in the waiting area was a terminal with internet access that you could use. $3 for 12 minutes, but I was too bored to stop myself.

One more thing, did you guys see the news about Jedi Master Points?!? I guess I was wrong after all, they finally did something.

So who out there is busy cutting up their cardbacks and adding up points? I know I am.

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    thanks for the "heads up" on the Holiday Editions Carrie...

I will have to do that....
    I managed to get the C3PO-R2 Holiday Edition on E-bay....I want to get the jump on it this time..
    as far as real figures..or glued down...I think they are glued down....will have to check mine...they are still in their package..but I should be able to figure out if they are glued or not...

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I keep on meaning to ask who's into Lego. The Walmart in Elk Grove on Meacham has some of the new mini-vechicles sets. The Falcon, the MTT and the Republic Gunship (Run Sithy!) are still there. Sorry no ATT, I picked up the last one.

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Went to Wal-Mart nothing new :(

6. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Hey, when are we meeting again?

I'm trying to plan my life a little further in advance than usual so that I won't miss another meeting.

Since we are always the week before the book club, I assume that it's going to to be Sunday, Aug. 17th.

We aren't on the calendar, so I thought I'd check to make sure.

Oh, and someone should put us on that calendar!

The Black Sun Toy Hunters are not to be tifled with!

EDIT: Sorry that's TRIFLED with!! Maybe this is why the Chicago Public School system is so bad. Us crappy English teachers can't spell (or use proper grammar for that matter).

7. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    you are still welcome at my house....I started re-creating the Trench Run from A New Hope on my ceiling in the Star Wars Room.....I won a big Millenium Falcon on E-bay (just missing the ramp...but it was cheap)...added a few Action Fleet X-Wings....looks really good up there (er...Sithman...does that quilify for playing with my toys?) gotta find some loose Tie Fighters on e-bay...and it will look even better....
    then on to the next corner of the room...Royal Starship and Naboo Starfighters for that corner....

Also....got a head's up that Entertainment Earth has shipped my case of Wave 12 in the 3 3/4 line....still wondering what is up with Wave 11 though...I need a few figures from that wave...

Well....let me know if you would like to come to Mokena on August 17...we do have a Metra stop in town...if that is any help...it is the Rock Island Line (Chicago LaSalle St. station to Joliet)....

8. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I know that I have been a little quiet about this. But I have been thinking out it. Let's talk at the BBQ, 'K?

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I am not 100% sure that i will be at the BBQ....so give me a heads up if i am not there....

:D

10. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Before I go to bed (I don't know why I've been staying up so late the last few days), I thought I'd brag about a little shipment I got from newforcecomics.com today . . .

. . . wave 2 of the Clone Wars multipacks:

1 Jedi 3 pack
    2 Clonetrooper 3 packs (both were the blue standing clone version)
    1 Droid Army 3 pack
    2 Destroyer Droid Launchers

Daddy like.

See most of you at the BBQ.

11. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I saw a ton of new figs at Walmart today. I thought I had ordered most of them online . . .

. . . I was wrong. I had ordered ALL OF THEM online.

So I unnecessarily picked up a Han Hoth (blue coat) and a Mynock Chewie. These are coming for me from Kebco. I'm going to bring these bad boys to the BBQ if anyone wants to pick them up for $5 a piece. Otherwise I'll see if there are any takers on rebelscum.

Oh, I'm also bringing a silver Fett for Burton.

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    still uncertain whether or not I will be at the BBQ...if I do make it ...it will be like 7:30 or 8:00 pm....so feel free to discuss the possiblity of August meeting in my Star Wars room...I also have an extensive garden and little water feature...you can pretend it is Naboo or Endor....lol...

Entertainment Earth finally has shipped Wave 11 and 12 cases...I may get 12 delivered today according to the UPS tracking record..but 11 won't make it till later in the week...I will have some figures from those cases extra too....

looks like I will be getting a third Silver Boba too....I scored a ticket to the Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast with Wicket(Warwick Davis) ...and you are supposed to get a Silver Boba for attending that....

And exciting news...
    well...
    for me anyway...finally got one of the Action Fleet I have been trying to get...the Alpha Naboo Starfighter...I now have all of the Alpha ships...original and Episode One..but am still missing a few of the single ships.....

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    OooooOOOoooo, I'll probably take you up on the blue Hoth Han, Dan. :D

(Don't happen to have an all-white clonetrooper 3-pack, do ya? ;) :p Yes yes, I know I'm obsessive about clones, lol :p )

14. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Kevin, I was happy to sell you the Han Hoth. Bring some picks of him to the next Black Sun Toy Hunters meeting!

By the way, we decided on the next meeting being Aug. 17th (Sunday), 4:30pm at Graham Crackers, right? We're going to hang out at Phyllis' on some future date, yes?

Just wanted to check so that I can plan things. See most of you at Wizard World!

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Black Suns...

Case of Wave 12 arrived today from Entertainment Earth...
    Case of Wave 11 should be here by tomorrow...

I have a lot of these figures already....I don't know what I was thinking....so...if anyone is looking for
    3 3/4 figures...I MAY have what you are looking for....send me a P.M. and see if I have what you need....

otherwise...they go to E-Bay...
    ;)

16. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Hey Gochi, you may want to check the Toy Want thread that Sithman started. It would probably save you the trouble of receiving and replying to a bunch of PMs.

17. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Quick input, I never saw the Xmas 3PO and R2 set here in illinois last year but my brother in law picked me up one in Colorado. They are not glued down but the accessories are molded as part of them and non removeable (antlers and beard). Also in the case is a repro of the original Xmas card and envelope.

Yes I open all my toys. Do not worry, if you keep them in their package you can still save face and call them "collectables", I prefer opened toys myself!

Since Chicago is in a perpetual drought of 3 3/4 figs could you email me the list of extras you are looking to get rid of, probably a good chance I need them. Oh and smashed, crumpled, munched, or otherwise destroyed packageing does not matter to me.

18. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bruno Fett...you have a PM....

Ortugg....you have one too

;)

19. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Alrighty then, who's exicted about the next Black Sun Meeting on Sunday at Graham Crackers? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I am for one. But be warned, those that attended WizardWorld will be required to share at least one story. More than one would be awesome, but one will be required, under pain of...of...I'll think of something. And maybe they'll be some cool stuff from WizardWorld too. If you all are good :D And if you took pictures, get those suckers developed. (Which is a reminder to myself, since I haven't dropped mine off yet.)

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You bet I'm looking forward to 'em. :D These are my favorite CF events (well, besides the non-Star Wars events... BBQ, paintball, video hunt, etc etc)!!! I can't wait!

And don't forget to bring your New Acquisitions for show and tell! :D Everyone loves to see new stuff. :D

(There is ONE new acquisition that I'm positively DYING to see. *cough* General Kenobi *cough*)

I WANNA SEE IT!!!!

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hmmm...

I did go to Target today. You want me to bring the new kitchen scrub brush I bought? :p

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

I'm sure I'll have one of my "new acquisitions" along for Show & Tell. [face_mischief]

:D

LOL, I just saw The Simpsons episode where Homer has a flashback to where he spoils the people waiting in line for ESB (among other things). [face_laugh]

22. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Sithy and I decided that someone should open a new toy at every meeting.

I brought last time. ( remember the magic disappearing C3PO head?)

Who's gonna bring something to open?

Sithy?

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I've got a few for Sithy to open.

Actually, I've got some of my own I could bring and open. :p

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah, Burt, I forgot about the opening figs things [face_blush] ! Well, Dan and Scott are bringin' me some figs that I had on my Want List, so I'll of course open some of those! :D

25. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I will definitely bring toys to open!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.