main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Toy Collectors: WANT LIST

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sithman, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Alright, I've actually been meaning to do this for a long time (since a little while after the first Black Sun meeting), but I've been too lazy to actually post it. :p So, here it is!

I really don't know how to get into this, so I'll just jump right in. Since the first Black Sun meeting, we've seen people buying each other figures. New figures, rare figures, everything. When someone really wanted something, it was made known, and maybe a few people looked for it on their toy runs to pick up for the person who wanted it. Yet, so many toy runs for me seem to be not only so pointless when they don't have the figures I want, but falling short of their full potential.
    I mean, I've seen some 2003 figures in stores. Way back in early, early spring, I saw Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Acklay, and recently I've seen a Clone Wars Droideka Launcher, some AATs and Starfighters, and the new Luke and Vader plastic lightsabers. I, personally did not buy any of these because they weren't figures/toys that I wanted, but I'm sure there were people here in CF that would have loved to have one or two of these toys at normal price if I had bought them for 'em. But I'm not going to just buy every new figure I see, assuming that someone will buy it, and I'm sure you won't either. For example, I've wanted a few red battle droids for a while, and just before the last Black Sun meeting, Burton had seen one at a store, but didn't pick it up because he didn't want it, and of course had no way of knowing that I wanted it. :(
    Wouldn't it help if we already knew exactly what other people wanted before going on toy runs? So, I thought up the idea of a thread just for that: Everyone posts what figures/toys they want (and how many of each) in this thread. That way, if you want to help out fellow collectors, you can bring along the list in case you find new toys out somewhere!
    And, of course, you'd make use of this board's unlimited edit time feature so as to keep your list updated and current. It's honestly not really nice to leave figures on your list that you already have; you're costing someone else money. :( So! Keep your list updated and be prompt about it! :D It'll make everyone happier!

And please, please, please, do not create another post when you update your list- just edit your original post. If each person just has one list that's updated consistently instead of 20 posts updating their list, it's much easier to keep track of! :)

One more thing: Listing them in order of "how badly you want them" would be nice. :)

So, you guys with me? :D I really think this might be a great idea for us Black Sun dudes... You know, helping each other out even more! :) And, without further adeiu, here is my list!...

Nothing. I'm taking a several month break from Collecting. :)
    [hr]

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`d like some Clones if you guys could spare some

Obi-Wan CC Havent been able to find it,even at K-Bees Buck 99 sale

3. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Fantastic idea Sithman!!!

I want to echo Kevin's point on keeping your list updated and staying with only one post. I doubt that if you have 20 posts anyone is going to bother buying toys for you since it will be impossible to keep track of.

NEW WANT LIST 4/29/04
    Regular Figures:
    Endor Wave:
    General Crix Madine
    General Lando Calrissian
    General Han Solo (AT-ST Driver Disguise) x 2

Hall of Fame:
    C-3PO (Death Star Rescue)
    Stormtrooper (Death Star Chase) x 2

Ultra:
    Ewok with Glider

Collector Cups:
    Luke (Snowspeeder Flight Gear)

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ooooops....didn't see this....

Most of the stuff I am looking for is a little older...but I guess it doesn't hurt to try....someone may have them...and be looking to streamline their collection...

Loose Action Fleet (for the space battle scenes I am recreating by hanging from the ceiling)
    Naboo Starfighter (episode one)
    and.....
    Loose, large, Sebulba's Pod

5. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Sithman!

I've got 2 red Battle Droids for you and a Snowtrooper!

I'm sending you a PM as well.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I got it, man! Thanks a ton (for everything in the PM and e-mail! I got that too!) I'll respond to it all in an e-mail tomorrow after I get home from work! (Could you PM me your normal e-mail address so I could e-mail you back?) I'll definintely have a bit to say and ask and so forth, so thanks a ton, Dan! :D

Awesome about the figures too! :D Now to edit down my want list. [face_devil]

(Oh, and don't worry about the Darth Maul, I'm sure he'll pop up again somewhere! :D )

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Like I told ya Sithy, when I was at Target today I found a Coleman Trebor and a Hangar Duel Maul for ya.

Also picked up a Luke Final Duel and a Snowtrooper,
    in addition to a few finds yesterday. (That oughtta use up the good fortune there for a few months. :p)

The main item I'm looking for:

[b]A concept stormtrooper[/b].

8. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I saw some new stuff that I hadn't seen yet at the Big K-Mart in Racine, when I was up there last week. (picked up a Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett for m'self) Next time I'm up that way, I'll check and see if anything from people's lists is there....

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Geez, in just like 3 days, Dan list and mine have been whittled down to nothing.

Yay. :D

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Dan, Scott: Thanks a ton for getting me those toys! I love 'em! :D

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Bump: I updated my list with two ARC Clonetrooper and two plain white clonetroopers that would come with each of the ARC troopers. :) I'll mention my want for them at this Black Sun meeting, but I wanted to keep my list updated too. :)

12. JimmyPSHayes

JimmyPSHayes Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2003
    This is a great idea. Will we be going over this at the meeting tomorrow?

13. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Hey Jimmy! I imagine so...

I'm almost "done" with my SW room. The main figures I'm looking for are a blue clonetrooper and a green clonetrooper (loose and free would be fine with me).

With any luck I'll take a few pics today.

edit: see my post on the next page.

14. JimmyPSHayes

JimmyPSHayes Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2003
    I did find the Green Clone Trooper 2 pack last week at Meijers in Bolingbrook. They only had one though.

15. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Bump again since we are at the bottom of the page.

Plus I updated my want list.

16. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I haven't posted to this yet, I guess I should huh?

a RED Arc Trooper
    Clone Trooper 3 packs except for yellow and green
    Super Articulated Clone Trooper
    Luke, Leia and Anakin Target cups.

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    An ARC and a clone wars yoda if you can find them :)

18. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I care....

19. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Bump! Plus I'm editing my want list. My good buddy from the rebelscum boards found the yellow clone 3 pack!!!

Yeah!!!

Now I just need the red one and I'm all done with those crazy, hard to find, 3 packs.

20. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I told Sithy last night, but I found a pair of ARC troopers for him!

21. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I think Sithy only wants one ARC, so Drac, you can have the other one. (I got a total of three, one for me, one for you, one for Sithy.) Are you coming to Kane County?

22. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I want an ARC trooper They are so cool. That would be a neat costume. They remind me a lot of Boba Fett espically with the rocket pack.

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, Peaches, I just picked up an ARC trooper myself last night, so, PM General Kenobi and ask him if you can have the one that he bought for me... It's fine with me! :D

Though, if anyone finds and ARC Trooper Value Pack from Wal*Mart with the white clonie attached to it... LEMME KNOW! :D

I edited/updated my want list, BTW. :)

24. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Working on a new list.

25. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    To go along with my post on finding the bonus packs, I am updating my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.