main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Toy Collectors: WANT LIST

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sithman, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    and when you guys arrive...look for the red two door Jeep with the plates "Schph 1".....check out the sticker on the liftgate....lower passenger side...

;)

2. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Thom-

Sorry I didn't reply sooner . . . very busy with holiday stuff. Anyway, YES, I would gladly take Elan WITH ears off your hands. I am trying to get all the major variations. See you all this afternoon.

3. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Bump and updated my list.

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I updated my list as well.

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    me too....and it is getting smaller....
    :D

also...question for you "variation" dudes....as I recall at our last meeting...it was stated that the Elan with ears is the more rare...I just saw one up for sale on e-bay that said it was "the rare one with no ears"....

so ...

which is it?

not that it REALLY matters....Elan is cool...with or without ears...

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  7. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Yeah Kevin I checked those photos out already. Very cool. He is the only figure from the vintage line that I'm missing. However, just last week I made a deal with someone from Rebelscum to acquire him. I can't wait.

Phyllis-

The reports I read claimed that the correction to Elan was made before the halfway point of the production run, thus making the "with ears" version more rare. However, neither version is as hard to find as say a Ephant Mon or even a red ARC at this point.

The words "rare" and "hard to find" have been rendered completely meaningless on eBay. You will find the most common of pegwarmers described in these terms.

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    and...this will kill you....I had one of those r-2's with pop up lightsaber that I gave away to the guy who used to run the store I bought all my figures at....

:(

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    edited my list....I FINALLY have all of the Action Fleet .....got the last two this week...

:D

now...to concentrate on getting some of the newer 3 3/4.....haven't gotten any shipments in quite a while...

10. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Okay, right now I'm looking for 2 silver clone troopers,and a Target exclusive A-wing. ( the green one)

I'm also looking for a copy of the poster "Star Wars Rocks" by Hugh Flemming.

EDIT: I got Anakins Starfighter today at KB Toys in Bloomington for 30% off, so I scratched that off my list.

11. Mapman

Mapman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    TRU will be giving the Silver Clone Troopers away with $19.99 or more on Star Wars purchases. This will start on April 4th. Check Hasbro's site for the announcement!

-Erik

12. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks for the info!

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ditto...thanks for the info....I have fallen behind on my collecting lately....

haven't been keeping up with the latest and the greatest...

14. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I'm updating my list as well. I have decided to leave on-line ordering behind, so I'm going to have a lot more stuff on my list these days. There's a new Target opening just a few blocks from where I teach and I'm hoping to find most of my toys there.

Mapman (Erik) - welcome to the boards! You should really try and come out for one of our collector club meetings some time. I also post on rebelscum under the moniker Mr. Ackbar. Again welcome.

Dan

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Moniker"? Only an english prof. :p

16. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Another update. This time it's a big one.

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Holy crap... You basically just put all of 2004 on your list! LOL. :p

Hope you find it all, though!

18. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Aaaahh!
    Dan, if only you had updated this yesterday morning. Checked Want Lists before shopping yesterday, went out, saw, Jabba and Jabba's denziens. Didn't get them because I didn't see them on anyone's list. I was almost tempted to get them just in case, but I didn't want to waste money, now I read your new list. Aaaahhh!

Walmart on Meacham in Elk Grove, I might be going back today, will take a look and pm you if I score anything.

19. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Just updated my list with a non-SW toy. The one the only...wait, do you think I'm going to spill the beans here? Go check out my post!

20. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Dan, you have mail.

21. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Thanks Carrie! //Takes Ultra Figures off of Want List//

I made a boo-boo. The ewok with glider isn't out yet.

I know it is a huge list, but I am going on a massive toy run tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to greatly reduce my list by tomorrow afternoon.

I'll try and find that Optimus Carrie, as well as all the other stuff that people are looking for.

22. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I put the schedule for 2004 up a couple days ago on the STICKY-THREAD. Please review it for the Black Sun(day) Collector's Club schedule and make sure I got everything correct. If there's any conflicts or mistakes let me know.

Thanks,

D'

23. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I made a large run this morning and managed to get a bunch of stuff off my want list. Carrie, you have mail :)

24. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I don't remember if I ever posted a "want list", but I know Dan, at least, was looking for a Wampa on my behalf. Well, I found one, so no need to look further. If you did pick one up for me, let me know and I'll return mine. :)

Oh, and I picked up an Optimus Prime for Carrie....

25. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.