main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Black, White, Grey and Red - Ben Skywalker [DDC 2013] - Updated Aug 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love this. Avoiding birthdays and all the trouble it gives.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe!! Ben was asking for it.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ben sounds like my sons.:rolleyes: A few days ago I got my hair cut and I asked my boys how they liked it. The oldest said, "Nice! It makes you look ten years younger." I was all happy until the other one said, "Yeah, now you only look fifty." :mad:

Nice update.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri! [:D] Sweet post. Ben is a darling and a hoot. ;) But Luke is too. JL, my word! You should've said: I'm not so old I can't spank you still [face_laugh] Or no, take away your i'pod for a week. Ooh, better! [face_rofl]

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I turned twenty-five yesterday so I am a quarter of a century old as my oldest brother would say.

A nice nod that Luke and Leia share the same birthday. I don't think the EU ever did that. When you think of it YOU share a birthday with dozens of others all over the world that were born the same year and day. So why in a galaxy of hundreds of trillions would you switch their birth dates? Bail had enough money that he could cover up where Leia was born.

Ben is lucky Luke didn't shove him off the mountain. If they were hiking in the area around where I live there's a mountain that has a lake half way up it. I know a family has CARRIED canoes up to that lake. And the father climbs it seasonally to reflect on the last few months and watch the sun rise. In the winter after he is finished he toboggans down the mountain. Yes, there are trees in the way.

For those wondering where I live a toboggan is a type of sled.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    He is such a litte...lol Ah, he wouldn't be Ben if he didn't give Luke a hard time about his age.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lady_Misty where you live sounds lovely, cooler too in the summer. ;)

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Yeah, can I come by you lol I live in Texas; the heat in the summer is nearly unbearable.

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL! Love the easy banter they have here. Nothing like a smart-alec teenage son and his father having a milestone birthday! :)

I really loved that Luke shoved the cupcake in Ben's face! [face_laugh]

Great update!

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

I don't know about that. Saturday the temperatures were around eighty-seven to ninety degrees and as muggy as anything. And that Thursday it was so bad I thought I was either going to vomit or pass out.

I live in one of the New England States if anyone is curious.

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks everyone for reading. I'm not sure how motivated my muse is to finish this diary. It's half way through the year and I'm already struggling for ideas, so if you want me to continue, send me positive thoughts!

Thanks for reading everyone.
    Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar earlybird-obi-wan immertreu Hazel lukemaraben Katana_Sundancer

PM List: Mavjade

Data-pad: On.
    Entry 14

Life has been pretty boring since my dad and I got back from our vacation, not that that is a bad thing. I’m just enjoying my “job shadowing”. Every week I shadow an older Jedi Knight or a Jedi Master. The first week I job shadowed Master Cilghal and I can pretty much confirm that healing and med-training just won’t be my thing. You have to be so serious ALL the time (though someone needs to tell that to Tekli).

Then I followed Corran Horn to all of his classes. I helped him teach starfighter classes and combat classes. It was fun, but I don’t think teaching is my thing either.

Last week I followed Kyp Durron around. I quite enjoyed it. We just went on a random mission like I do every once and awhile with my dad, but Kyp does missions all the time. He has seen so much of the galaxy and really helps people on the individual level. That’s what I want to do.

Unfortunately, everyone thinks I’m going to be the next Luke Skywalker. I’m job shadowing him this week. I know what my dad does. He does get out to help people, but not so much anymore, not unless the galaxy is at stake. I feel like he mostly does paperwork. Thankfully, no one expects me to be the grand master anytime soon. For now, I just get to be Ben.

Ok… I get to be Ben Skywalker, which still makes me important.

Entry Saved
    Data-pad: Off.

Katana_Sundancer and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this entry. He can tell so much more about his family, all the Jedi knights and padawans. Would love to read more about his mission with Kyp;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Id like to hear about the mission as well. I love these entries

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ben+Kyp = exciting LOL [face_batting]

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree you should write Ben and Kyp adventures. :) That would be cool.

Nice update!

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's great that Ben gets to shadow so many. It's a good way for him to find out what he wants to do in the future.

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That seemed to be part of Ben's problem in LotF but it was done rather poorly in my opinion.

Job Shadowing is a good way to see if you would enjoy something in the long run.

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Ben does have a lot to bear on his shoulders, but I think he's up to it. I like the job shadowing. He'll find his place.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    LOVE IT!

Shadowing others was a great idea. Loved the comment about Tekli! I always loved her little bits in the books!

Also loved that Ben knows he can just be Ben. :)

*Sending your muse positive thoughts and ideas*

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks guys. I don't write Kyp, but I like the idea of him shadowing someone. Tekli maybe? Alas, this is the last update I have written and my muse has run off on me. Hopefully I get it back. If not, this seems like a good place to end.

Happy Canada day :p

Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar earlybird-obi-wan immertreu Hazel lukemaraben Katana_Sundancer

June 29

Data-pad: On.
    Entry 15

Today was my 15th birthday. It was fun… much better than my 14th birthday, which was a completely traumatizing even that I REALLY don’t want to get into (long story short: I decided to be Jacen’s lackey and get something that he ‘needed’ and a man died and I had to look after his orphan daughter, then there was that whole creepy red living ship thing that called its self Ship). Because my 14th sucked so much, my dad decided to do something fun for me, so he took me, Tiel, Ragnus, Nataniel, Jiskper and Rioa (friends of mine), to the pod-racing track. We got to watch a race – it’s somewhat legal in this sector – then when the crowds cleared out, we got to get in them and race. Since we are all Jedi Knights and Apprentices, we got going pretty fast. I won a couple times.

After I had to go out for dinner with my dad, Uncle Han, Aunt Leia, Jaina and Allana. It was alright. I got to order anything I wanted, so I ordered a lot.

I wish my mother could’ve been there today. She said we all would be together for my 15th after I kinda ran away during my 14th. I guess she was wrong.

I’m so krofin tired now though. I think I shall go to bed now.

Entry Saved
    Data-pad: Off.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That sound like a FUN birthday!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super. =D= Sounds like even though Ben has some sadness and nostalgia, it doesn't drown out the happy moments. The sadness is a fact not a burden. @};- [face_thinking]

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm glad Luke took him out to have fun, the way a teenager should. But it's so sad to have the shadow of his missing mother on his day. :(

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    His grandfather would have been pleased to see Ben race Pods and win a few races.

It does sound like he had a better birthday then last year even though his mother wasn't there.

But Ben should be glad that he didn't have a birthday like one of my sisters two years ago. Our sister had died and the funeral was on another's birthday.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It sounds like a great party.