main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Black Wing

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Meerkat, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    ?Congratulations to each and every one of you. Know that the test you have just come out of is one of the hardest in Military Aviation History. You were all selected to join Black Wing because of your unique piloting skills, as well as a number of other factors. You?ll be briefed when you arrive at the carrier. Good luck out there.?
    -Excerpt from Secretary of the Navy?s address to Black Wing pilots

Hello, everyone, I?m Darth_Meerkat, and I?ll be your GM for the foreseeable future. This is the first RPG I?ve made, so if I make any mistakes, please let me know. I will also be taking bits and pieces from GM styles I?ve seen around here, so if something looks like so-and-so?s style, it most likely is. Enjoy!

The Story: Tension in the world is rising. The Eternal Age of Peace lasted 25 years. The world is on the brink of war. To try and prevent a nuclear bloodbath, NATO quietly initiated the Black Wing project. This carrier air wing is made up of the finest pilots NATO countries had to offer. After a brutal six-month training camp, the remaining men and women were transferred to the USS Card, the most technologically advanced aircraft carrier to date.

Rules:
    1: GMs are law.
    2: TOS and moderator rulings override all GM rulings.
    3: Keep profanity at a responsible level. A full list may be found here, starting immediately following the FAQ. http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/21299670/p1/?4
    4: No godmodding.
    5: No killing off another player?s character without explicit permission.
    6: GMs reserve the right to bend time to fit the plotline.
    7: Trolling, spamming, and flaming are not allowed.
    8: ONLY one pilot character, you may have up to one support character without GM permission.
    9: PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS TO GM OR CO-GM FOR APPROVAL.

Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Nationality:
    Service Branch:
    Position:
    Serial Number:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Bio:
    *Pilots only*
    Plane:
    Position on plane: (Will be determined upon approval. Put in your preference, it will be taken into consideration.
    Callsign:

I need a Co-GM; if you are interested, please include it in your CS.

And lastly, the basic timeframes in the game.

Mission: The meat of the game?this part is to racing as Black Wing is to Podracer: Life In The Fast Lane.

Briefing: Where all intelligence gathered and specific mission roles are given out.

Carrier Downtime: What your character does when there are no Black Wing missions going on. Your life at sea.

Shore Leave: When the Card is in port?the time you can get real food, meet up with friends, etc.

GM Character Sheet:
    Name: Dan Johnson
    Nationality: American
    Service Branch: Navy
    Position: Commander, Air Group (CAG)
    Serial Number: 8095623/CP
    Personality: Dan takes his job very seriously, and will take any chance to go flying. When he is on-duty, he can come on as gruff and intimidating, but if caught off-duty, he is usually very friendly to people.
    Appearance:
    Height: 6?11:
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Green
    Clothing: Black flightsuit
    Tattoos/scars: None
    Bio: Dan was born in Miramar California, and grew up around planes. His father was a TOPGUN instructor, and Dan frequently went to the school, spending a lot of his time with instructor ?Phoenix,? and from him, learned a lot about several of the aircraft kept at the base, and when he graduated from the Naval Academy Aviation Division, he was sent to TOPGUN to further his already considerable piloting skills.
    Plane: F-14 Tomcat
    Position on plane: Pilot
    Callsign: Cag

2. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    One add-on. The ranking system:

Group Captain/Wing Commander (06 [Navy Captain, Marine Colonel])
    Squadron Leader (Lieutenant Commander)
    Flight Leader (First Lieutenant)
    Flight Lieutenant (Lieutenant)
    Flying Officer (Sub-Lieutenant)
    Pilot Officer (Ensign)

3. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    Name: Tae-kyung Son
    Nationality: Korean (South)
    Service Branch: Republic of Korea Air Force
    Position: Wingman
    Serial Number: 06111/Se
    Personality: As he lacks both wisdom and a sense responsibility, First Lieutenant Son has never taken on a command of his own. Promotions always pass him by because of his arrogance and his tendency to follow his wit instead of his orders. Still, he is a loyal pilot.
    Height: 5'10
    Eyes: Brown
    Clothing: Grey flightsuit
    Bio: Tae-kyung served under the Northern Combat Command for four years before being assigned to NATO. He's considered something a hotshot, but his abilities as a pilot make most of his superiors tolerate his cavalier attitude. It is the general concensus amoung his peers that once he's been shot down, he'll shapen up and lose his green recruit behaviour.
    Plane: F-15K Slam Eagle
    Position on plane: Nose Gunner (Pilot)
    Callsign: Greyhen

OOC: Greyhen is looking for an RIO (rear seat crewmember for radar control, weapon systems control, et cetera) so that position is open for anyone interested.

4. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    ~PR

I guess I'll be joining up as Darth_Meercat's Co-GM. I won't be playing a PC, but instead I'll be controlling another NPC Flight of Elite Pilots. Have Fun peeps.

[Co-GM Character Sheets]
    Squadron Plane:[image=http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/f22/images/F-22_DVD-1114-1_375x300.jpg]
    Squadron Name: Angel Helm Squadron

Name: Zakery Slate
    Service Branch: Independant
    Position: Flight Leader
    Serial Number: Unknown
    Personality: Zak is the leader, and he is a very good one. He would give his life for his squadron...and he wouldn't think twice about it.
    Appearance-
    Height: 5'8"
    Hair: Black Spikes
    Clothing: Orange Flightsuit
    Bio: Confidential
    Plane: F-22(modified)
    Callsign: Phoenix

Name: Egon Von Gareth
    Nationality: Celtic(German)
    Personality: Egon is a mute
    Appearance-
    Height: 6'1"
    Callsign: Druid

[hr]
    Name: Kap Ican
    Nationality: Russian
    Personality: Kap is the epitomy of righteousness.
    Appearance-
    Height: 6'0"
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Callsign: Archon

[hr]
    Name: Karen Hope
    Nationality: Japanese
    Position: 3 O'clock
    Personality: Karen is a strong-hearted individual, with a good sense of duty.
    Appearance-
    Height: 5'6"
    Eyes: Grey
    Callsign: Queen

[hr]
    *These were their ranks when they left their positions of command from their home Squadrons.

I'll post a collective Bio for them sometime today.

5. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Just a confirmation, PR is the Co-GM, and that squadron is authorized.

6. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: If it's just your F-14 and my F-15K against those f-22s, we're gonna get hosed.

7. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Yes, but he's a good guy. A renegade...but a good guy. And you forget, Black Wing pilots are the best NATO has to offer. That has to count for something.

8. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: Yeah, of course. But there's always a debate in ability versus tech.

9. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    Both ability and Tech have to work together to give you a good fighter pilot.

But anyway, do you have any more players Darth_Meercat? I could get you one more, but that would be it on my side.

10. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: Sure, but good ability in a poor machine versus poor ability in a good machine? I'd say it will always be the better machine. If your fighter can acquire a lock further or faster than your enemy's, then its game over cuz. But thats not pertinent to the roleplay as it is my opinion. Finishing, I don't know anyone on the forums so I am afraid I cannot help get more people.

11. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    OOC: Nope, there's no one else signing up. I'll wait until the weekend, and then we'll start up with a few "training" missions, see if more people join. But expect a start soon.

12. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    OOC: Balls to the "no one else" sweet to the starting soon.

13. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    GM Post: Okay, even though this is starting, NEW PLAYERS ARE STILL ACCEPTED.

CAG watched the skies above the carrier. The new Black Wing pilots were coming in today, and CAG wasn't looking foreward to having to get a bunch of people sorted on the carrier. He would rather be out on the 2:30 ATARS mission, but he had orders from NATO FlightOps. He was to stay with the pilots coming in. A young Ensign ran up to him just as he spotted a jet coming in. The Ensign, Roberts, saluted smartly, and handed him a small piece of paper. Dan glanced down at the note, and was torn between anger and joy. On one hand, he could now make the ATARS mission. On the other, it was because there was only one pilot. He watched the plane make a decent trap, then went over to talk to the pilot.

Note: All GM posts are considered TAG: All unless otherwise noted.

14. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    GM APPOVED

Charater Sheet

Name: Mike Sa'loun
    Service Branch: Air Force
    Position: Wing man
    Serial Number: 1243666
    Personality: Mike is usually easy going, though he can get up tight. When he flies, he becomes a total different person. His attitude becomes focused on the job on hand and tends to tune others out.
    Appearance: Mike is 6 feet tall, and well built. Wears his hair short and tight to his head. When he flying he wears a specially made flight suit. Instead of the normal grey, it is red and black, with a black and a red sunburst on the top.

Bio: When he was 10, his dad took him to his first air show and from then on, he wanted to become a pilot. When he was able to join the air force, he did. He took it to heart and practiced every day or when he can. Now seventeen years later, he was not the best, but to him, second best, is just as good.

Plane: http://tech.military.com/equipment/view/89688/f-a-18a-c-hornet.html

Position on plane: Only pilot
    Callsign: Dark Raven

15. Pheonix_Rising

Jul 17, 2005
    Angel Helm Flight-In flight over Pacific Ocean
    Zak Slate, Egon Von Gareth, Kap Ican, and Karen Hope.

Zak looked over his left shoulder, "Queen, you all right back there?"

"Roger, I'm doing fine." She responded

The four lone pilots of the Angel Helm Squadron had been in flight from Baja California, and now they were headed for the phillipines. With only one stop, it was a long time to be stuck up in the cockpit of their F-22's. But they were nearing the end, so it was comletely fine.

"Ok Helms, the landing strip is really narrow, we have to hit it right or not at all. Remember carrier training and you should do fine." Zak could see the air control tower off in the distance, on the edge of the harbor that housed their Aircraft Carrier, Frenzy. "Archon, you go first, then Queen. Followed by Druid, then I go last. Remember we don't have a lot of free time here, we have an hour before we leave to hit our next target."

All the lights on his HUD clicked yes as he reduced his speed and watched as Archon went in for his landing.

All of the F-22's safely landed, Zak had brought them home safely for the seventh time in the last two weeks...

16. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Tae-kyung Son
    USS Card

The pilot whose callsign was Greyhen slid off the cockpit fuselage of his F-15K and hit the flight deck of the USS Card just as the deck crew begin swarming about his aircraft. It was his first time aboard the Card and his first actual landing on a carrier. He had done numerous simulations back in South Korea before being commissoned into NATO's elite airforce squardron Black Wing. As of yet he had no idea what his capacity was to be.

Tae-Kyung unstrapped his helmet and zipped down his flightsuit to his stomach. The air was chilly but a refreshment after the stale air of the cockpit. With his free hand he ran his splayed fingers through his hair, giving it a wild lift. As he turned around and gave his Slam Eagle a short praising, he noticed a man approached who bore the good humour and stern duality of a CAG.

Tag: GM

17. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: CAG
    USS Card Flight Deck
    "Good Morning...uhh...Ty Key..uhh...Lieutenant. Welcome aboard the USS Card. What we have onboard the Card is basically a standard carrier setup, with an experimental trap and runway system...the reason you were able to land in your plane. Most of our campaigns will involve mostly intelligence gathering and later hit-and-runs. As a Black Wing pilot, you have been granted full-flight status. Meaning, you are allowed flying time for maintaining skill at all times, minus mission, breifing time, and when the Card is engaged in mass fleet/airforce manuvers. There is an ATARs mission in a few hours. If you'd like, you can head out with me on the mission. It won't be challenging, but in my years of flying, knowing what the other man will do is very important. Dorms are starboard, just off the main hanger. Mess is foreward of the dorms, and the briefing and locker rooms in pilot country both have elevators to the deck. Any questions?"

TAG: Zombie

GM OOC: Alright, carrier layout is tower center starboard (right), pilot country is the area directly below the main tower. Mess (cafeteria) is just ahead of the dorms, there is a small common room ahead of the mess, and locker and breifing rooms are sternward of the dorms.

18. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Tae-kyung Son
    USS Card

Tae-Kyung made a mental note of the various locales he would be frequenting on the duration of his stay. He was somewhat tired but feeling the pull of his F-15k always did away with such fatigue so he would go along with the upcoming mission. He spoke up almost immediately after the CAG had finished. "I will fly wing on the ATARs." His English was damn good considering though his accent was apparent somewhat. "Call me Tae or maybe TK. Sky ways I am always Greyhen."

He gave a look around the flight deck, noticing the different figthers but not recognising anyone sharing the CAG's suit or insignia. "Is this all of us?"

Tag: GM/CAG

19. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Card Flight Deck
    "Alright, then TK. No, we have one more coming. But we have a bit of time to kill before we head out. Pilot country has just about everything anyone could need, so that's where most of the flight crew and all of the pilots spend most of their time. Feel free to explore the ship, just avoid areas marked in any floor lines other than green, please. Mech office is stern side of the tower, so if you need something done with your plane, they can do pretty much anything when it comes to aircraft."

TAG: Zombie

20. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    IC:Mike "Dark Raven"

The F-18 was on after burner and flying high. He loved to fly and everything that went with it. He got his notice to report to an aircraft carrier,Card. When he got it, he was at the target practice zone. There was no reason given for him to come here, but he went just the same.

Music was blaring in his helmet, and he was rocking to it, when he saw the aircraft carrier. He punched the off button and radioed the control tower.

"This is Dark Raven, requesting landing permission. I have been requisted to be here, and to meet CAG, and a little low on fuel. Please hurry in the ok, on landing." His voice was a little stressed, as he looked at the gauges.

TAG: Darth_Meerkat

21. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Landing Sensor Officer (LSO)
    LSO Station
    "Roger, Raven. 3 miles. Wind, 5 mph, coming in from the east. Watch the first wire, it comes loose to easy. 2 miles. Call the ball."
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flight Deck
    CAG watched the incoming plane with mild interest. He saw the LSO waving his arms wildly, and looked at the moniter bolted onto the side of the tower. It showed the glide path, and the incoming jet weaving slightly...normal approach manuvers. Dan nodded in satisfaction. The pilots he was sent at least had basics down. That was more than he had hoped, considering the politicians had initated this thing. Maybe a few pilots had found their way onto the comittee.

TAG: killeroak

22. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Tae-kyung Son
    USS Card

He gave yawn and nodded as the CAG finished. "Right," Tae-Kyung spoke as he began to walk off towards the deck elevators. As he was lowered down into the carrier the pilot he noticed the flight deck stir alive again. Another fighter was coming in soon. No doubt the one the CAG spoke of. Tae-Kyung hadn't ever heard of a special squadron of any kind that comprised only three fighters. And though his pride persuaded him it was do to their ability as pilots, it was only natural to have doubts. Still, he didn't put much belief in doubts. So pride it was.

Tag: GM/CAG

23. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    IC:Mike (Aircraft Carrier Card)

"Roger, Raven. 3 miles. Wind, 5 mph, coming in from the east.
    Watch the first wire, it comes loose to easy. 2 miles. Call the ball
    ."

"Thank you for the warning, now get out of my way" Mike laughed a little as he brought the plane in a little lower. He checked the instruments and tried to relax a little, but he really did not like landing on an aircraft carrier. "Oh well, here goes nothing".
    That is when it happened, his plane tried to die on him. He came in hard and kinda sloppy. His head banged against the cockpit and then just as hard, slamed him back.

The first thing that came to him, was, "They do not like me". He sat there for a few minutes to catch his breath and get his brain back into his head. No wonder they say it is like landing on a stamp." He let the plane idle, hoping they can fuel her up on fuel and rearm him quickly here. If he was going to be doing special missions, he wanted to be armed at all times, even if it is just his cannons.

Mike lifted himself out of the plane and looked around. "Good, no fires." Then he finially got out of the plane and took a looke around his plane, making sure his buaity was still in one piece, and dug into a pocket. Throwing a key to the first man he saw, and said, "Be kind to my woman", and then headed towards the man who looked in charge.

Stepping in front of him, he saluted and spoke. "Pilot Officer Mike, reporting for duty,Sir."

TAG:Darth_Meerkat

24. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Flight Deck
    Dan returned the salute. "Welcome aboard. Looks like it was your first trap...nice job. There's an ATARs in a few hours. TK, our other pilot's probably down in pilot country. What we have onboard the Card is basically a standard carrier setup, with an experimental trap and runway system...probably why landing can be difficult. Most of our campaigns will involve mostly intelligence gathering and later hit-and-runs. As a Black Wing pilot, you have been granted full-flight status. Meaning, you are allowed flying time for maintaining skill at all times, minus mission, breifing time, and when the Card is engaged in mass fleet/airforce manuvers. Pilot country is just below the main tower. Dorms are starboard, just off the main hanger. Mess is foreward of the dorms, and the briefing and locker rooms in pilot country both have elevators to the deck. Any questions? Pilot country has just about everything anyone could need, so that's where most of the flight crew and all of the pilots spend most of their time. Feel free to explore the ship, just avoid areas marked in any floor lines other than green, please. Mech office is stern side of the tower, so if you need something done with your plane, they can do pretty much anything when it comes to aircraft. If you have any questions, Ensign Robberts is our advisor, and Ensign Kristophf is the NATO rep onboard." Dan took a deep breath. He really needed to get that schpeil put on paper.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Ensign Robert "Bob" Robberts
    Common Room
    Bob watched the pilot step off the elevator down. He stepped foreward, holding out a key. "Hello, sir. Welcome aboard. You'll be in room 023. Bunkmate Mike Sa'loun. Straight down the hall, third door on the left. Feel free to come to me or Kristopher if you have any questions.

TAG: j_k, zombie

25. oppaizombie

Oct 1, 2006
    Tae-kyung Son
    USS Card

The pilot took the key from the ensign and tossed it once into the air before grabbing and and walking off. He thanked the man and added that he would most likely see him in the mess hall later after the ATARs. Room 023 wasn't exactly spacious but it certainly allowed as much room for two men as was practical aboard a carrier; even one as advanced as the Card. Tae-kyung threw off the top of his flight suit, letting it hang down around his waist and laid across the bed he would be calling his own for the duration of his stint with NATO. HE took a quick sneak at his watch to see how much down time he had before the breifing and agreed to himself he had time for a quick nap.

Tag: Anyone who barges into room 023

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.