main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blackened Faith (J/J, L/M, H/L, Fel Empire, Force experiments, drama) New weekly updates 2018/2019!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mayo_durron_666, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Cool

2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Jedi_Lover: Indeed..:p

EmeraldJediFire: Cheers! More coming...

SiouxFan: Explosions can do quick work too.. ;) Lol, I dunno why but I've always enjoyed Durron..

ccp: Glad ya think so!:D

3. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Tags: Jedi_Lover Jade_eyes LexiLupin
    A mother/daughter moment...
    Hope you enjoy..:)
    Comments welcome.

~

[Inner Rim. On Board the Millennium Falcon.]

“..To-gether…” Jaina muttered unconsciously.

She had a little bit more colour to her cheeks. But the Imperial Empress was still fragile. Slowly her chest rose up and down, laboured with raspy breaths. Her skin was dry, bruised and scratched. Long curls of tatty brunette hair lied tangled around her head on the soft pillow. And dark circles shadowed her closed eyes.

Restlessly she mumbled and shifted in her sleep.

Unable to watch her daughter in such a state, Leia gentle touched her shoulder and uttered,
    “Sweetheart, it’s just a dream, wake up.”

Jaina’s weary eyes fluttered.

She squinted up at her mother and gave a thin smile.

“H-How do I look?”

“You’ve had better days.” Leia’s voice deepened, “But I think you still have that old Solo spark.”

Croakily Jaina replied,
    “I’m down. But not out.”

“Here.” Leia offered an energy bar and glass of juice, “You’re being pumped with nutrients and liquid but sometimes it feels better given the old fashioned way. Give it a try.”

With the help of Leia, Jaina sat upright. Every muscle protested at the motion. She took a few sips of juice and nibbled some biscuit. It felt horrid to be completely sober of drugs but so good to eat and drink for the first time in days. Or had it been weeks?

Blurry recollections of being kidnapped, imprisoned and experimented on flashed through her mind. It was patchy.

There was one vivid memory that stuck with her though. She remembered giving birth to the twins. Two boys.

Overwhelming emotions washed over her, paralyzing and disorientating. The disturbing memory almost made her choke up completely.

There had been strangers in the room and too many medical droids.

Vulnerable, controlled by drugs and in pain Jaina had been unable to escape.

Perspiration had trickled down her flushed cheeks. With white knuckles she’d clenched her fists tightly into balls. Panting breaths had grown with each contraction. Swallowing back shrieks of agony she’d forced herself to push. All the while unfamiliar beings had watched, talking amongst themselves, scheming and plotting.

Then, in the quiet, surrounded by strangers and droids, the shrilling cry of her firstborn erupted.

Her son had arrived.

Jaina could never forget that noise. It was burned into her memory and rattled inside her head even now. The tiniest baby, so helpless, had made the loudest wail for attention. Instinctively she’d yearned to cradle him, rock him gently and soothe his distress.

But she hadn’t been allowed to take him.

Swiftly her beautiful boy had been taken to another room. Before she could protest or rage the other babe had decided to quickly follow.

Her second son had been unusually quiet.

With big wide eyes he’d glimpsed around the room, in awe, so curious. Those gorgeous eyes. They had gazed at her, staring intently, almost knowingly. So shiny and striking. That one look melted Jaina’s heart like nothing else ever would. She wanted to hold him to her heart, whisper sweet loving words and observe the fascinated look that would flicker over his attractive eyes.

Again he’d been stolen from her.

Now, she recalled it, her heart shattered with wanting and missing.

She wished it had been different. So different.

“Jaina … Jaina?”

Drawing back, she looked up and swallowed back her grief.
    “Sorry. My head – it’s … full of haziness…”

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Leia asked tentatively,
    “What do you remember?”

“Being taken.” Jaina stared down into her glass, “Being held, drugged, tested on and …” Tears glistened in her dark gaze as she continued, “I remember giving birth to the twins, cuffed to the table, intoxicated and surrounded by strangers. Unable to run. Or hide.” Her voice broke as she added wretchedly, “And forbidden to hold my own baby boys …”

As the anguish gripped Jaina, Leia shifted and tugged her daughter into a fierce hug.

Heartbroken and physically drained, Jaina cried. She wanted to tear up the walls and scream till she ran out of air. But she didn’t have the energy. Instead she wrapped her shaky arms around her mother and returned the embrace.

Softly Leia stroked her daughter’s messy tresses and spoke,
    “I’ve experienced the same abduction, I’m so sorry you went through it too, hun. You’re safe with us now. Together we’ll find the boys. Can you sense the twins? In any way?”

Pulling away slightly, Jaina’s expression went from grief, to blank, to confusion, to joyous, in a matter of seconds.

“What is it? Do you have a read on them?”

“I do.” Stunned, Jaina mumbled in bewilderment, “They’re well.”

“That’s good, but why the look?”

Half smiling, half frowning, Jaina answered,
    “They’re giving me an impression … like they’re under someone’s protection. It’s all very faint. I think it’s … They’re giving me the impression of Jacen. I can’t explain how that’s possible. It just feels it. But every time I try to reach out to Jacen separately I meet a wall of nothingness. Yet the twins are with him, I don’t know how, but of that I’m certain. It feels so strange … I can’t sense my own twin.”

“I’m sure you will when you’re stronger.” Leia reassured with a heavy heart.

Unbeknown to Jaina, Leia too had suffered a similar effect after her capture.

It had been weeks and still she could not reach out to Luke in the Force. All attempts met resistance and eventually blankness. It was unnerving to lose such a bond. And each failed struggle to regain it only made her feel useless and, in some ways, terribly alone.

She could still use and sense through the Force. But it was limited.

Leia shook away those worries.

Right then, all that counted was getting Jaina back to health. They would have to investigate what had happened to them and their Force talents later.

With the first real glimmer of focus in her eyes, Jaina said,
    “I have to contact Jag.”

“We’ve sent a message to the Empire, Bastion in-particular, and are waiting for a response.”

“If Jacen’s sent word that he has the twins Jag would be travelling already.” Jaina rubbed her forehead, putting two and two together was becoming easier as the tiredness ebbed off, “I could reach him on a private comm channel, our own personal one. I have the necessary codes.”

“I’ll give them to your father immediately.” Leia agreed, “He can arrange meeting -”

“- I want to talk to Jag myself.”

“I know.” She soothed, “But you’re in no state to drag yourself to the cockpit right now. Let me just help you get washed and dressed, it’ll make you feel bit better I promise. When you’re refreshed we’ll try to get you eating something more substantial. Then I’ll assist you to the cockpit and you can call him.”

Sighing in defeat, Jaina replied,
    “This is your diplomatic way of getting me to eat, isn’t it? Or a way of saying I truly look awful.”

“I’m merely being logically dear.” Leia’s smile faltered with concern, “That and I worry. Even now.”

“I know.” Jaina squeezed her mother’s hand. Her lips curved into a small grin as she added, “Just this once, for you, I’ll do as you say. But remember any other time, as Empress I out-rank you.”

“Well then, Your Highness,” Her mother chuckled, “until you're back to full health you’ll have to do as I say. Won’t you?”

~

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful! So heartwrench and poignant. =D= Yikes, the bond between siblings being squelched [face_worried] :eek: One hopes it's reversible.

6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    absolutely loved it! this story is so intriguing

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice. I'm glad she knows the babies are with her brother.

8. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice! Interesting twist with not being able to sense one's brother. As an aside, I'm pretty sure being 'Mom' outranks a being a lowly Empress!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Aww. From depressing to hopeful to sweet. :) Hoping for a lovely family reunion soon, and very intrigued by whatever has happened to the bond between Jacen/Jaina and Luke/Leia... :(

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I too am puzzled as to whether this is a side benefit or the main goal, i.e., if you dampen or nullify Force bonds, the ones who have it are less strong and less confident, and so are easier to take by surprise and conquer. [face_thinking]

11. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^Well, I'm worried now. Thanks Jade, I hadn't really thought of THAT angle--funny, I'M the one who usually obsesses about these things; I just assumed it to be a temporary spatial problem. Is it even possible to target someone's Force link? And if so, how?

12. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Awww! I love the Leia/Jaina scenes. Very touching. Hopefully she's reunited with her sons soon!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    ccp: Thanks!

Jade_eyes: Cheers, glad ya liking it!:) Umm.. I can't give too much away yet but more will be reveal soon...

EmeraldJediFire: Good to hear ya enjoying! Thanks for clicking more coming..[face_devil]

Jedi_Lover: I wanted Jaina to wake up sooner but she's been through alot.. at least she knows her children are safe..

SiouxFan: Glad ya like twist 'cause there's plenty more hehe..[face_mischief] Haha I kno! I agree 'Mum' is higher than any title.

LexiLupin: Thanks it was hard trying to pull off sad&happy but it needed a mix.. More will be revealed about the experiments, Force bond issues and more...

lost_lauries_grapes: Glad to hear ya liked the mother/daughter scene..Yes hopefully very soon they'll be a reunion!

Gemma likes this.
  14. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Tags: Jedi_Lover Jade_eyes LexiLupin
    Okay.. This is where it goes bit darker.. [face_nail_biting]
    Hope you enjoy!
    Comments welcome..

~

[Inner Rim. On board Bothan Cruiser Ollopa. Prison Cell 253]

“Ben? … Ben please …” She whispered, “… See me.”

Reluctantly his eyelids opened.

Shadows faded in and out. Everything was a blur. The room spun and the floor stretched out of focus.

Queasy and bewildered, Ben glanced around. The prison room was cold, its walls and floor a dull grey metal. Other captives hung on the walls like offerings or decorations. All of them were unconscious, heads bowed, their arms straining against the restraints cutting into their wrists.

Unyielding cuffs grazed his sore skin when Ben attempted to move. Struggling to concentrate, he frowned at his own arms. As his vision cleared a little he realised he was locked up, like the rest, to the wall. Groggily he wrestled for freedom, his movements sluggish and feeble. His arms tensed and all muscles ached as he fought against his shackles. He gritted his teeth and wriggled uselessly. In frustration he growled and swore under his breath.

“Ben see me!” A familiar voice uttered in his ear harshly.

Startled, Ben froze.

He knew that voice. And for the first time he wished he couldn’t hear it. Not like this.

To hear it would mean he’d woken up to a reality he didn’t want.

Shaking, Ben closed his eyes. Praying silently. It couldn’t be. He didn’t believe it. If he saw her he would shatter. And yet on some gut level he already knew. He had to be dreaming. There was nothing as cruel as this.

“Ben ..?” Her soft voice floated lovingly, full of longing.

With his heart in his throat, he slowly opened eyes.

And in an instant his heart broke into pieces.

“N-No …” His bottom lip trembled and his eyes shone with unshed tears, “Please … No!”

Before him was Siena. Unlike him, she was bound by no chains.

She was not herself. There was no substance to her. Pale, transparent with a faint blue hue, her beautiful image stood in front of him. So faded. A ghost of the real woman. Her striking face gazed at him with a conflicting mixture of despair and understanding acceptance. She knew. Siena was gone, lost forever.

She was dead.

“No!” Furiously Ben screamed, over and over, pulling at the restraints with clenched fists. His face darkened and his eyes flashed with rage as he railed, distraught beyond words.

Unable to control himself he yelled hoarsely in denial. When there was no more air in his lungs he sagged back and sobbed brokenly. With a raw throat, soaked cheeks and red rimmed eyes he stared at her, his entire world, taken from him.

Heartbroken, his gaze glistened, darkened over with guilt and bone-deep sorrow.

“Ben I tried …” Siena stepped forward, “I’m sorry I wasn’t strong enough.”

A single tear trickled down his cheek as he shook his head and uttered,
    “It’s me … I failed you.”

“No. You did everything you could.” She spoke firmly, adding in earnest, “And I love you for it.”

Inches apart, his solid frame near her translucent figure, they held one another’s melancholy gaze. Both were stricken by the prospect of being separated. Each wished to hold on and embrace the other tightly, never to let go.

How had it come to this?

She lifted a hazy hand and tried to reach out. Wanting her touch, desperate for it, Ben leaned closer, tugging on the locks. Her fingers went through his skin with no effect. There was no warmth or tender brush.

Upset, Siena dropped her arm and shook her head at the injustice of it.

In dismay she looked up at him and cried,
    “I don’t want to leave you. I still don’t. You’re all I kept thinking of when the darkness closed in. You and the future I wanted with you. I wished for so much. Now, I don’t know how … I’m like this and none of it can happen.”

“Come closer.” When she did, they stood barely a hair’s width apart, nose to nose, Ben looked down at her with unwavering devotion and complete faith, “From the moment I saw you, Siena, I knew you were my future. And stars be damned, I will have you.”

“How?”

“Your body is on board this vessel, isn’t it?”

“Ben … Even if it were, it’s not possible …”

“Anything is possible!” Ben whispered harshly, his expression turning determined, “I will not lose you. Not today!”

Weepily Siena answered,
    “I think you already have.”

“Siena?” He saw concern flicker over her face. Was she worried for him? Did she know something? As she stepped back, her stare grew panicked and clouded with anxiety, “Siena? What’s wrong?”

“Your eyes … they’re red.”

“Siena please! Stay! Stop!”

The further she retreated the more Ben grew desperate. Unconsciously, he tugged and yanked at the restraints in his need to reach her. Furiously he yelled in frustration.

“Siena stop!”

On the other side of the cell, she looked upon him with real fear,
    “Ben, I know what you’re going to do. You have to calm down. You can’t do this, you’re not a god, you can’t change this.”

As his bright blue eyes began to colour blood red, Ben narrowed his vision on her, the Force rippled through his body like lightning, giving renewed energy and strength. Welcoming the pain of grief and overwhelming rage, Ben allowed the Force to build within him, its power dark and immense. His focus was solely on her, his best friend, true love and only future. She was going to be his. No one and nothing would keep him from her.

“Ben don’t!”

Abruptly, Ben let loose the intense power, a Force shockwave blasted from his body as he roared,
    “SIENA!”

Above, on the ceiling, a Force-neutralizer went off and attempted to absorb the power he emitted. It beeped and flashed. However nothing changed. The wave from Ben kept coming, fierce, growing in concentration. Halfway through its piercing alarm, overloaded, the neutralizer exploded, effectively killing it.

One by one all of the cuffs in the room unlocked. Prisoners dropped to the floor hard. A screeching echoed as metal began to contort and yield to the invisible power. Walls indented and bent outwards. Yet all the beings on the ground remained carefully untouched.

As the prison door groan and snapped open, Ben’s arms were released from the restraints and he collapsed to his knees. Shaking violently, he took a moment to catch his breath and relinquish the last of the severe Force power.

Enthused with his new strength, Ben rose to his full height and stepped before Siena’s whitish-blue spirit. Wordless she recoiled. This wasn’t the Ben she knew and loved. True it was a part of him, the selfish, maybe stubborn, part. But it was twisted with power too strong to toil with and angst capable of blackening souls.

He was losing part of himself in this moment. And she could never, in this life or the next, forget the sight. With his eyes ablaze like two burning pits, his handsome expression almost sinister with promise and his masculine body shimmering with elusive energy, he seemed almost godly.

“Ben? W-What have you done?”

Bluntly Ben answered,
    “It doesn’t matter. I’m bringing you back.”

With the Force swelling and cloaking around him, Ben strode out of the cell, his mission set. In awe Siena’s ghostly figure watched him leave. She didn’t know what had happened. But she got the distinct feeling it wasn’t good. The young Skywalker was in his element now and there was nothing she could say or do to change it. Had she just helped in creating a monster? Sweet Force she hoped not.

Either way, she couldn’t be without him. Her soul was drawn to his presence. Alive or dead she would aid him. And monster, or god, or mere mortal, she would love him all the same. She just hoped she could bring him back from the shadowy influence he’d just tasted.

~

As Siena’s spirit faded away into nothingness, a woman stirred on the floor. Her vibrant green eyes blinked open. After a second of getting her bearings, she pulled herself together and sat upright against the wall.

Frowning at the scene of captives, all haplessly lying on the hard floor, she rubbed her tired eyes trying to make sense of the situation. Where the hell was she? Who were these people?

Blaster firer, shouts for help and ship-shuddering explosions resonated down the corridors.

An instinctive sweep with the Force quickly made her grasp the seriousness of the circumstances. With unexpected urgency she staggered to her feet and rushed out of the cell. Unsteadily she jogged through the hallways, following her senses and the echoes of chaos, hoping she was strong enough to face this.

Gemma likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nicely written, but I don't like dark. :(
    That doesn't sound good.[face_worried]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    A bit darker? Mayo, this is depths of a cave dark.

Obviously Ben paid no attention to the stories about his grandfather. NO ONE lives forever, Ben.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  18. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    So you give us good Jacen and emotional and dark Ben? Twisted, lady! :p

SiouxFan and Jade_eyes like this.
  19. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    *pulls covers over head* I'm scared now lol

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It's a good thing I agree with all the reviews above, because I'm speechless. Lexi, Emerald and SiouxFan nailed it for me. [face_nail_biting] is right. *Hides in closet* :p

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Breathes loud sigh of relief. It's not that I don't like Ben, but 'good Jacen' is pretty much a dead genre. Kudos, Mayo!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Jedi_Lover: Cheers.. Fear not.. Its not all going to be dark.;)

SiouxFan: Yeahhh.. it was darker than I thought.. Skywalkers will always be tempted by darkness me thinks..

ccp::)

LexiLupin: I am a little twisted I guess.. Just like trying something different. Thanks for clicking!

EmeraldJediFire: *hands torch* It won't all be dark..:p

Jade_eyes: Cheers for reading! Hope the darkness is intriguing tho..[face_devil][face_batting]

Gemma likes this.
  23. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Tags: Jade_eyes LexiLupin Jedi_Lover

Here's a glimpse into the Force experiment issues...
    Hope you enjoy!
    Comments welcome..

~

[Unknown Regions. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Medical Centre. Private Chamber 373.]

In the booth linked to a large med room, Jacen entered,
    “How is he doing?”

Stood perfectly still, Valin shrugged stiffly. Arms crossed, brows drawn, he gazed out the waiting room window. He was tense. The muscles in his arms were solid with tautness and a tick pulsed at his jaw.

“They’ve managed to sedate him.” Horn spoke tightly, “He’s stable. For now.”

Through the glass Jacen watched as doctors began their tests.

Out cold, Kyp lied on a table. He was strapped down in case he had another seizure. From where Solo stood Durron seemed to be sleeping fine. But from the detailed reports and worried way Valin was behaving something serious had happened.

“Maybe you should get some rest, Horn.”

“I’m fine.” Valin answered curtly.

“What was it?” Jacen questioned tentatively, “What happened exactly?”

Shaking his head, Valin bit out,
    “A sithing trap. And I never sensed it coming - until I felt Durron in pain.”

Anxiously, the younger man ruffled his dark hair. He was angry to see his companion hurt. And guilty that he hadn’t been able to stop it or reach him sooner.

Rubbing at his tired eyes, Valin spoke uneasily,
    “Since the attack I haven’t felt Kyp’s presence in the Force. It’s like he’s not there. Not at all. It’s as if he … died.” He glimpsed over his shoulder at Solo, his expression grim, “Yet it is obvious Durron is alive. Unless he is shielding on an incredible level, how is that possible?”

Wordlessly Jacen glanced back at Durron.

He felt it too. To his senses Durron was gone, wiped from existence, as if somehow his presence had been removed from the Force. But all the monitors told them Kyp was very much alive. It didn’t make sense. And that troubled Solo deeply.

To Horn he offered a reassuring smile,
    “Let’s hope Durron is toying with us for sympathy. You know he can’t resist getting some attention. He’ll be up and laughing in no time.”

Not amused, Valin silently turned back to the window.

“Commander Solo.” The comm link on Jacen’s belt hissed, “Miss Quee has arrived.”

[Unknown Regions. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Medical Centre. Private Chamber 373.]

By his bedside, meticulously typing onto a datapad, Danni overlooked the monitors. Her blank expression never gave way to real feelings. Fleeting confusion would change her features, turning her jade eyes a shade darker and make the line of her lips thinner. She concealed her more troubling emotions.

She had heard what had happened to Kyp and other Force-sensitive beings. Her gut instinct told her something important was being experimented, unnatural and volatile.

When she had arrived she’d spoken to the senior medical personnel, analysed their reports, double-checked data and ordered different tests.

With a few of the conscious patients Danni had managed more detailed consultations. Some survivors felt unchanged. A couple experienced a badly diminished Force ability. And others, such as Hera Assandra, suffered from newly-formed, overwhelming strong, Force capabilities.

These experiments were linked, yet it was clear there was more than one goal or intention. It wasn’t simply a case of trying to wipe out Force-sensitivity. Whoever was behind this was playing with it for control, toying at will to make the sensitivity stronger in some or reduced in others.

In Durron’s case, Danni wasn’t yet sure what the outcome was.

Although she longed to be with Kyp, the scientist in her needed to examine everything from afar first.

Now so close, she couldn’t stop herself from occasionally glancing at him.

He was sleeping deeply, his body limp and handsome face relaxed. Smoothly his chest rose up and down with each breath. If it wasn’t for the fact that he lied strapped down to a table in a medical centre, Kyp would have appeared like his was happily dreaming.

What unnerved Danni the most was that Kyp’s usually bright presence was entirely void in the Force. Gone completely. The computers told her he was alive and stable. Still with her own senses she couldn’t read him at all. Where he lied she felt nothing but emptiness. It was so alien.

Privately, she had struggled with the strangeness. Every time she attempted to tap into their Force bond, only to be disheartened by the vacuum of his lost presence, she broke apart inside.

“Do you want to try waking him?” Doctor Elian asked from the other side of the bed, “His vitals appear to be back to normal.”

Back to reality, Danni replied evenly,
    “Yes, let’s.”

Elian administered a shot. Meanwhile Danni tried to dampen her anxiety by frowning down at her pad, tapping on it furiously, needing a distraction.

Minutes past with no response to the drug.

Just as she was about to ask the doctor for another, Kyp’s head rolled to the side and a tired moan escaped his parted lips.

Pad forgotten in an instant, Danni spoke softly, her voice full of concern,
    “Kyp ..?”

With a flutter his emerald eyes opened.

He glimpsed around. For a moment he tensed and his pulse spiked, only to ease back when he realised he was safe in Imperial hands. Bleary-eyed he blinked up at the bright lights. When his vision cleared he found himself staring up a beautiful blonde.

Wearing a small genuine smile, he croaked,
    “Hey gorgeous ...”

Returning his smile, with a slightly shaky one of her own, Danni uttered,
    “Hey you … you gave us a scare.”

“One of my many talents.”

“We’ve got to find you a different one.”

When he tried to move he jerked at the restraints and swore. Deftly Danni untied the belts wrapped around his arms and waist, ignoring Elian’s look of disapproval, she supported Kyp as he sat upright.

“Whoa,” Kyp huffed as dizziness swamped him, “I – I don’t feel right.”

“Maybe you sh -”

He waved her worry away,
    “I’ll be fine. Just need a minute.”

On the other side, Elian asked,
    “Do you remember what happened?”

“Vaguely.” Kyp unconsciously rubbed the pinprick on his neck, “I was shot with something. Did you find out what?”

Danni interjected,
    “Not yet. We’re working on it. How do you feel?”

“Physically, weak and little shaken, but okay.” Durron held his head in his hands and mumbled warily, “My head is killing me though. And … I – I … ca-ca …” Unable to control himself, he leaned over the side and unceremoniously vomited.

To Elian, Danni ordered,
    “Get a sick bucket.”

Trembling, Kyp rolled onto his side and emptied his stomach. When he was spent and there was nothing left to expel, he sagged back onto the bed panting. He looked up at the ceiling with new anxiety and uncertainty. Something was very wrong.

Capturing Danni’s gaze with his, Kyp said hoarsely,
    “I can’t s-sense anything with the Force. Nothing at all.”

“When you try to use the Force what happens?” She questioned, “Do you not even catch a glimmer of sensitivity?”

“I – I can’t. When I tr-try all I get is p-pain.” Kyp managed to answer as ripping sensation shot threw his skull. He clutched his forehead and cried out. The throbbing tore through his mind, cutting, razor sharp, horrific in its intensity. “Arghhh!”

“Kyp,” Danni spoke as calmly as possible, “stop trying to reach out with the Force. Just relax.”

Grimacing he lurched on the bed, almost falling off the edge, Elian was there to catch him. Unable to stand the piercing pain, Kyp yelled, tossing and turning in discomfort. Horribly the torment assaulted the rest of his body. It was so great, darkness began to narrow his gaze and his muscles shuddered in shock.

“Kyp?” Danni tried to keep his attention, “Kyp!”

A vacant glaze shimmered over his eyes as he stared up at the lights. All the monitors bleeped in alarm. And Kyp’s entire body shook violently.

Both Danni and Elian held him down. After strapping down one of Durron’s arms, Danni grabbed a sedative shot and injected it straight into his neck. Gradually the convulsions lessened. As they came to an end, Kyp went limp and his head fell to the side as he lost consciousness.

Shocked, Danni stepped away from the bed.

Too affected by the scene, she mumbled something incomprehensible to Elian and excused herself.

Upset she rushed out the room and into the waiting booth connected. Alone she leaned against the wall and covered her mouth with both hands. Silently, in the privacy of the empty space, she wept.

Durron, who was ordinarily so resilient, full of banter and daring, was somehow broken. And it was the first time she’d truly seen him so unwell. It unsettled her to the core. All nerves had snapped as she’d witnessed his face contort with turmoil as the jagged hurt suddenly consumed him. She never wanted to see him in such agony again.

She took a few deep breaths and wiped at her eyes. Crying would achieve nothing. Straightening, concealing her anxiety, Danni pulled herself together quickly. She had to discover what had been done to Durron and the others. And fast. Something told her time was of the essence.

Gemma likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh man, I feel so sorry for Kyp.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intriguing new revelations and a Kyp/Danni pairing? I like that! Kyp deserves a lady. With his fine! self LOL

Gemma, mayo_durron_666 and Jedi_Lover like this.