main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blackened Faith (J/J, L/M, H/L, Fel Empire, Force experiments, drama) New weekly updates 2018/2019!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mayo_durron_666, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Danni needs a hug, so Kyp had better get well soon. (I cannot believe I said that) Yay to Jacen/Hera mushiness. Sleeping in a hospital chair is really no fun at all...or so I've been told, I was actually the one in the hospital bed. As an aside, don't get in a car wreck...they are NOT any fun.

Okay, so Ben uses the dark side to resurrect his dead wife (?) and all he gets is a stern talking to? Shouldn't Ben be on probation or something? Community service? Something besides...'don't do it again'? And am I the only one worried about the Chief-of-State having a new secret police?

Nice update.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

3. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    I have re-read this story many times and have enjoyed it. I was just wondering if you were going to update again soon?

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, I was wondering that too. We're still at an edge of seat spot.
    [face_batting]
    mayo_durron_666 - I LOL also wanted to share my brand-spanking uber!delicious new user name with you [face_laugh] [:D] !!

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think I missed the last post. Nicely done!....now update. :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry its been so long ..:(
    DRL has had me very busy lately... :rolleyes:[face_hypnotized]

Thanks to all who clicked and commented on last post.. :)
    I do have more. And I hope to continue.

7. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Tags: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @LexiLupin
    Again sorry I've been MIA [face_plain]
    Hope you like next chapter.. and finally get some answers..

~

[Unknown Regions. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Boardroom 675.]

“What have you discovered Miss Quee?” Emperor Fel enquired sombrely.

She started to answer but had to pause for breath. This was an important moment. One she didn’t want to experience. Because the truth and realisation of it all was too much to consider, especially since it had been made personal.

Swallowing back her own emotions, Danni replied quietly,
    “After gathering all the data and examining every case so far, I’ve discovered two experiments have been conducted, with the desire for opposite results.”

Murmurs rumbled the meeting room. Jacen Solo rubbed his tired eyes and sat up expectantly. Fel’s face grew, if possible, even graver. All the men and women shared concerned glances. Except for the young Valin Horn. He remained rigid in his chair, waiting and dreading to hear what he already suspected.

With a nod from Fel, Danni continued,
    “In one experiment they have tampered with the cells we call midi-chlorians, enhancing them and allowing them to reproduce within a subject’s body to an incredible level. To a dangerous level. It’s an attempt to create strong Force-sensitive beings.”

In Jacen’s dark eyes it dawned on him,
    “Hera …”

Danni gave him a knowing look,
    “I’m afraid the end results have not been beneficial to the subjects in this program. All thus far have suffered severe stress, insomnia, panic attacks, outbursts of rage, brain seizures and even heart failure. The subjects, who had a normal cellular relationship with midi-chlorians before, simply cannot adapt to the changes within them and their body shuts down.”

To the side Solo glimpsed down at his hands. In complete shock.

“And what about the other experiment program?” Opposite Jacen, Valin broke the quiet, “The one affecting Master Durron.”

Those very words make her inside shake. But Danni held herself together. With a few taps on a pad a projection of a cell appeared in the middle of the table, it squirmed and bobbed, giving away its vicious personality.

“This is from the second program. It’s a combination of cells, part midi-chlorians, part Yuuzhan Vong and part ysalamir.” Collective gasps and whispers ran along the long table. Danni waited for silence before she added sadly, “It’s a micro-parasite which infects and takes the place of midi-chlorians within cells. From the reports its design is aimed at strong Force-sensitive beings, created to take away Force ability completely. Any attempt to connect with the Force puts the subject’s body through serious trauma.”

“Can any of these experiments be reversed? Or cured?” Doctor Elian queried gently, understanding better than most how exhausted and emotional Danni was.

“As of yet, all tried calculations have proven … ineffective.”

“Let us not say it’s completely hopeless yet.” Emperor Fel cut in carefully, “Science takes time.” To Danni he gave a reassuring look of determination, “If you’re willing then so am I … I give my full support to you and any you select to help. You may have free range of all equipment, data and medical experts the Empire has in its domain. If there is even a possibility of a remedy, then the Empire will see it done.”

Softly Danni inclined her blonde head and uttered,
    “Thank you, Your Grace.”

“Do we know who arranged or invested in these experiments?” Jacen leaned forward; hands tightly clasped together, his expression dark, “Those involved must meet justice.”

“I can answer that.” Valin slid a datapad across the table to Solo, “We’ve finally been able to decrypt messages and data sent from the facilities. Money has been transferred from some interesting public figures in the Republic. The newly formed EDA has some of those listed already in custody: Casto Porfeus, Admiral T’Onosy, Persus Rality, Kilippe Nus and Makbett O’Oinman, to name a few. Yuuzhan Vong councillor Viqilis Huzara and Quarren senator Emetta Masso are nowhere to be found however.”

Before Solo could speak, Jagged clocked his anger and interrupted,
    “I know we all wish to dispense justice but now is not the time for rash decisions or promises.”

Begrudgingly Jacen nodded his agreement.

Jagged continued,
    “We will exit the Unknown Regions and make contact with the Republic. We will share our findings and offer assistance. EDA has already proven its worth and I will be happy to extend our arrangement of military support. But I will make it perfectly clear to the Republic’s Chief of State that we expect grave punishments to be delivered to those guilty of such grotesque experiments. These experiments are a threat of power, control and an abomination to the natural order of the universe. All research and data must be carefully handled. There are many who would like to use such knowledge for chaos and destruction. We must ensure that between us and the Republic the detailed workings are not made public. Clear?”

“Perfectly, Your Grace …”

Gemma likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating Mayo! =D= I am glad they have some pieces in place. One of those experiments by itself is ominous. Both of them ... :eek: Stoked this, and you, are back with us. @};- :)

Gemma and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  9. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Holy crap, who would do that to a person? (Hera, I mean. I think we've ALL wanted to kill Durron at one time or another. ;)) I hope Danni can find a cure...although it IS a bit out of her expertise...she is an astrophysicist, after all!

The Emperor is correct: justice will take time, and jury trials are fickle things.

10. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Nice update

11. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    Yeah! I come back to find an update! So we have some answers, but not anywhere near all of them... Can't wait for more!

12. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh hi! I haven't been around in a while, so yay for finding an update upon my return!
    Intriguing indeed. Can't wait to see what's next!

13. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Tags: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @LexiLupin Nyota's Heart
    Ok, so soz its been a long while.. :(
    DRL caught me bad.. Had a job from hell that sucked away all creativity but I quit that, went travelling, came back, now have part-time job so hope to kick back with more stories & fanfiction obv! ;)
    Hope ya all been good here on the boards.. I do have an update finally.
    If people are still interested I'll pick up from where I left off.. If not its cool I understand its been ages.
    As always thanks for clicking/reading folks!

Next .. reunion?

[Inner Rim. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Hangar Bay 33.]

The engine powered down slowly. Quiet filled the bay. With a hiss the hatch door descended.

Han stepped down first. His face was a mask, giving away nothing, till he saw who greeted him. His features softened slightly and his lips quirked into a small smile. Before him, Jagged and Jacen stood rigid with anticipation in their eyes. They all shared an understanding relieved look before Jacen strolled over to hug his father hard.

Behind them, coming slowly, Jaina and Leia exited the ship. Jagged noted how close mother walked besides daughter and the tiny shake in Jaina’s legs with each step she took.

Bruised, pale and tired, Jaina still glowed beautifully in Jag’s eyes. Just the sight of her had his heart stuttering with tenderness. His lungs released a burning breath he didn’t realise he was even holding. Finally he could breathe again. At once the cold tension was gone, leaving overwhelming warmth of relief.

The instant their eyes met Jag ran to her. Leia stepped away respectfully as the couple joined. With great care he swept her up into his arms and just simply held her tight. Tearfully Jaina wrapped her arms around his shoulders and clutched him close.

Both felt like they would wake up at any moment, apart and alone, again. Neither could actually believe the reality of being in each other’s arms.

Into her dark curls of hair Jag uttered softly,
    “Never do that to me again.”

Half-sobbing with joy, Jaina choked out a laugh,
    “I’ll try.”

Setting her back on her feet, Jag gazed down into her watery hazel eyes and wiped away a tear running over her right cheek. Everything he ever wanted stood in his embrace, back where she belonged and he couldn’t help but smile.

Looking up at her husband, seeing the warm glow of contentment settle back into his emerald eyes and the glad smile break his usually cool expression, Jaina smiled with him. Allowing the feeling of coming home wrap around her heart completely, she leaned back into his comfort and kissed his lips.

With all that he was Jag deepened their kiss, trying to tell her without words how much he had feared for her and missed her. His kiss was passionate, possessive and loving. Tenderly his mouth moved over hers with such heat and emotion Jaina gasped with delight. Her lips trembled under his as they returned the kiss devotedly.

It ended with sweet lingering caresses lip to lip.

When they caught their breath, they shared a long affectionate gaze and chuckled softly still overwhelmed with joy.

As they turned back to the others, Jacen joined them to give his twin a big hug. Brother and sister squeezed each other fiercely and whispered happy greetings. To the side Leia leaned into Han who wrapped a sure arm around her slim shoulders as they watched on.

Grins broke out over all of their faces. No more worry or dread tainted their expressions. This was a reunion to enjoy fully.

From the top of the hatch walkway, a small voice screamed ecstatically,
    “Daddy!”

Stunned, Jacen twisted around towards the petite boy. If it were possible his smile grew wider. And his dark eyes shone brighter.

Ethan raced down the ramp into his father’s waiting arms. A squeal of delight escaped him as Jacen picked him up and swung him around. Overwhelmed, Jacen cradled the boy to his chest and rained kisses on his cheeks and on top his blonde curls.

“How you doing little man?”

Puffing out his torso, Ethan answered,
    “I’m not little anymore, dad. I’m loads taller.”

“Of course you are, silly me.” Jacen laughed merrily, “I should put you down then if you’re such a big boy, eh?”

With a cry of protest and a pouty bottom lip, Ethan wrapped his arms around Jacen’s neck, saying,
    “I’m not too big for cuddles!”

“Good,” Jacen replied softly, “’cause I’ve missed you buddy.”

Over the boy’s head Jacen saw Jered exit the ship. His features were neutral as he approached, though Jacen noted the dark bags under his blue eyes and wrinkles of fret upon his forehead. This man wasn’t sleeping easy lately. Jacen understood. He knew what worry could do to a man. Obviously Tahiri wasn’t here.

“Jacen.” Jered acknowledged politely, “Good to see you.” He held out his hand and waited.

With or without Tahiri around this would normally be a tense moment. The two men hadn’t always gotten on. It hadn’t been easy for either to accept the other in the past.

But when everything was put into perspective there were worse things in the galaxy. And seeing the true anxiety in the other man’s eyes made Jacen realise Jered wasn’t as unbreakable as he wanted to appear.

Holding his son in one arm, Jacen shook his hand and greeted,
    “Good to have you here.”

There was a long pause where neither man knew what to say.

Eventually Ethan broke the silence for them, stating simply,
    “Mummy is coming soon.”

Swallowing back his own apprehension, Jered nodded,
    “Yeah she is. Hopefully very soon.”

Sadly the smile on Jered’s lips didn’t truly reach his eyes and then Jacen realised the seriousness of the situation. Tahiri was in trouble.

Clearly Ethan was oblivious, which Jacen was grateful for. He didn’t want his son upset till they knew all the details.

But the strain of constant worry was evident on Jered. He seemed on the edge, close to losing it or succumbing to the heartbreak. He may not be Jacen’s favourite person, but regardless this man loved Tahiri ardently, that had always been apparent. To be apart from her knowing she might be in danger was gut-wrenching for him.

Identifying with the horrid feelings well, Jacen found himself offering,
    “Want to grab some caf? You look like you could use some.”

To Jered’s own surprise he found himself replying,
    “Caf would be great.”

Gemma likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, oh, oh! I have missed this. Your J/J is so yummy! Ethan is adorable. I love how Jared and Jacen are kinda tentative but are on the same wavelength when it comes to Tahiri. :)

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Okay -- I discovered this tonight - read in one sitting. It's grand and awesome and so much more - I love it all. Please tag me in. And don't let Kyp suffer too long --- I want to see him and Danni have some mushy moments --- and yours are really really good!!! @};-

16. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Nyota's Heart: Thanks! Its good to be back.;) I've missed this story.. Jared and Jacen have a history but for their son Ethan and Tahiri luckily they are willing to get past it.

Gemma: Wow thanks for reading it all in one go!:) Don't worry some Kyp and Danni time is coming soon..

Okay next up some more catching up and alone time for Kyp/Danni.. Thanks to all who clicking.
    Tags: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @LexiLupin @Nyota's Heart Gemma

[Inner Rim. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Medical Centre. Durron’s Private Room.]

He sat upright in his new comfy bed.

A nurse had made sure he was comfortable before walking out.

He had assured her with jokes about worse previous scrapes. He had tried to make her laugh to kill the tension. It had worked. She’d shaken her head at him and jested back playfully.

But when she left the humour went with her.

As the door shut his façade of cocky charm dropped. The smile vanished. Like a switch the casual cheekiness in his green eyes burnt out.

Alone in the silent room Kyp simply sat. His mind was still trying to absorb what the doctors had told him. And the reality of his situation just began to hit.

He couldn’t use the Force. Something he had taken for granted. A talent he held wielded every day. It was gone.

But more than that it took away a part of himself that he prided as one of his greatest achievements. Especially when he recalled his earlier life bad decisions and actions. It stole a piece of his identity.

He could no longer be a Jedi.

Kyp had to swallow hard at that realisation. Agitated, he clenched his sheets and rearranged them to distract himself. After which he sat there for the longest time staring down at his clean white bedding.

He didn’t know what to feel.

He was a mess of emotions. Anger simmered closest ready to burst. Shock overwhelmed him; it’s what kept him quiet and thoughtful. And deep disappointment overshadowed everything. It felt like he’d lost a limb. There was a childish impulse to curse all and everything due to this unjust moment.

Enraged he grabbed a glass of water from his nightstand and threw it. As the shattered pieces spread over the floor he covered his face with his shaky hands and took several deep breaths.

There had to be a mistake! It couldn’t be true. It wasn’t fair. How could this be happening?

Still trembling with rage and disbelief he fell back into his cushions, rubbing his forehead and pulling up the covers for small comfort. It did little.

With ragged breaths, clenched fists, a stiffened jaw and blurry eyes full of frustrating tears, Kyp glimpsed up and froze.

Danni stood in the doorway.

Her eyes tender. She didn’t speak. At first her expression was very guarded. But as she stepped into the room, slowly foot by foot closer towards Kyp, the mask fell away revealing empathy and great worry.

Kyp gathered himself together fast. An easy smile tugged at his mouth and the tension in his body washed out. He held out his hand to her and spoke warmly,
    “Hey sweetheart. Come to doctor me?”

At his side, alone at last, she uttered carefully,
    “Don’t do that.”

His hand wavered in the air.

“Do what?”

Taking his hand in hers she explained simply,
    “Don’t hide from me.”

For three seconds Kyp held onto his smile. But her intimate gaze, knowing and understanding, finally broke him.

The grin gradually slid off his face. Desperate to stop from shouting out a bitter reply or from crying like a child his jaw tensed shut. His lips pressed together tight. And a sad storm came over his glassy eyes.

In a heartbeat the anxiety lines came back around his eyes and forehead. He could barely control his feelings in front of her. Part of him hated the weakness. Another was grateful it was only in her company it happened.

He gripped her hand and simply looked at their twined fingers.

When he looked up at Danni, he lost the fight and confessed brokenly,
    “I’m afraid …”

Wordlessly Danni perched on his bed and clutched his hand over her heart. With her free hand she caressed his stubbly cheek in adoration. Her fingertips lingered, needing the contact and trying to soothe his distress. She memorized every nuance, all the twitches, trembles and strains of his handsome facial features struggling to hold the flood of feelings beneath.

Defeated, Kyp dropped his gaze to his lap and allowed the tears to fall. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d cried. But he was certain he wouldn’t forget this moment.

Lifting his chin with gentle fingers so they were eye to eye, Danni replied tenderly,
    “I have you. You have nothing to fear. We’ll go through this together.”

Wiping at his wet face angrily, Kyp shook his head,
    “You deserve better Danni. I can’t offer you anything right now. We don’t even know if I’ll get worse. In this moment I have nothing to give. I don’t know the future anymore.”

“Silly man,” A genuine smile crossed her lips as she leaned in to whisper ardently, “you are my future. With or without the Force.”

Before he could deny her, she lowered her mouth to his. Unhurriedly her lips caressed his, soft, thorough and bewitching in their sweetness. With each play of her delicious lips the flames grew a heat that soon consumed them both.

Enthralled, Kyp deepened the kiss. His tongue tasted hers, enjoying the lush flavour. He savoured her, taking the paradise she offered greedily. Slanting his mouth demandingly over hers, needing more, he stole her heart as he captured each delighted gasp from her lungs with his passion.

Unable to bare the short space between them any longer, Danni practically scooted onto his lap. Kyp encouraged her, capturing her by the waist and tugging her flush against him. He enjoyed her slim curves pressed into him. His hands roamed over her back and hips, committing every touch to memory.

Wrapped up in each other they eventually parted for air.

Danni ran her hands through his hair and cradled his face in her hands, needing to reassure herself he was okay and truly here with her. Kyp gazed down at her with such raw and sincere adoration it made her melt inside.

She could only imagine what he was going through. A man like Kyp with such pride despised the idea of being so vulnerable. And loathed to show it. Yet with her he had given that piece of himself. She had seen him at his weakest and was trusted with it. Danni wished she could make him happy again as if nothing had ever happened. She wondered how long it would take to remove the shadows in his eyes.

Holding her in his strong arms, Kyp spoke quietly,
    “You look at me with such worry I fear you’ll break my heart.”

“I just so sorry,” Danni kissed his cheek as she tried to hide her tears, “I wish we could swap places.”

“Don’t say that.” He whispered into her ear lightly, “If our places were reversed I fear you would be squashed by my weight, most likely unable to breath and turning blue. Not as romantic, don’t you agree?”

Danni chuckled through her sadness and leaned into him,
    “Must you always jest?”

Distractedly stroking her blonde curls, Kyp smiled faintly,
    “If it gets you to smile sweetheart then yes. Always.”

Snaking an arm around his neck she pulled him down to her for a long breathless kiss. Lost in him, relieved to be finally in his arms, she held nothing back. Her passionate lips were fiery, playful and wicked in their caresses. Each lush touch became fiercer than the previous making him pant with wanting.

Between kisses, Kyp mused teasingly,
    “I hope you don’t treat all your patients this way …”

Unrelenting in her exploration of his mouth, she whispered against his lips with a content moan,
    “Of course not. None of them kiss like you …”

With that said he took over, stealing her murmur of encouragement into his mouth. His arms, bands of pure power, squeezed her to him completely. Moulded together, he relished her rosy scent drawing it into his lungs slowly, memorizing this second of bliss. Pouring all his affection into his actions, Kyp kissed her thoroughly, lips hot and tongue exploring, branding her as his forever.

Besotted, Danni sighed into him. With or without the Force, the man knew how to kiss.

Gemma and bellum stellarum like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Girlfriend, you are gooood, hot melty, decadent chocolate good! LOL SQUEEEEE! Love Kyp's deep emotions and Danni's genuine empathy. With their words and actions, they prove their love and make me all squishy happy inside. :D

18. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    OMG this is sooooo good. It's so nice when you finally connect with someone like this and the kissing is hot and makes you melt inside.

My favorite line was:

19. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Nyota's Heart: Hey! So happy you enjoyed the Kyp/Danni interaction.. :D
    Gemma: Glad ya liked! Kyp always knows how to kiss in my opinion.. ;)

20. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Ok after so much horrid separation and bad situations.. I think another reunion is required...
    Tags: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @LexiLupin @Nyota's Heart @Gemma
    Hope you enjoy. Thanks to all who click.

~

[Inner Rim. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Fel’s Private Chambers.]

One medical check. Several tests. A warm meal. And a long shower later, Jaina lied on the sofa.

Exhausted, she rested on her side with her dark damp hair sprawled around her head. Donning a simple grey night robe, legs tucked underneath a blanket, with one arm clutching a pillow and the other dangling off the couch unconsciously, she was the epitome of adorable. At least in Jag’s eyes.

On the sofa across from her Jag sat contently. He just watched her. Never once did his eyes stray, fearful that if they did she would vanish like a cruel vision he once had.

Total adoration glimmered in his rich green eyes. For her. Always and only for her.

He couldn’t believe she was back. Relief overwhelmed him with each softly spoken word she voiced. His heart constricted at all her sweet touches and kisses. And whenever her gaze caught his Jag swore the ground shifted underneath his feet. Each little nuance had him falling deeper and further for her than ever before. He didn’t want to miss a second of it.

Unbeknown to his fixed attention, Jaina snoozed on comfortably.

Jag rested his chin in his palm as he watched his wife’s chest rise and fall ever so slowly. Her sweet lips were parted slightly, her heart-shaped face relaxed and her entire body limp. She looked so peaceful. And it was a rare sight.

Thoughtfully Jag planned to make sure she saw more moments of ease. She’d seen and experienced too many horrific events. Jaina deserved to be happier more often and relieved of the galaxy’s issues. She had worked too hard and long. It was time for a change. Especially now they had a family to enjoy.

Just as he thought of the twins, the buzzer chimed at the door and he got up to let in the nurse. With two hover-buggies following behind she entered. The floating prams were parked by Jag’s chair in the living room. Quietly he thanked the nurse as she left.

Back in his chair, Jag observed his twin boys in their little floating cradles. Both slept deeply, with arms and mouths wide open. They lied perfectly still with calm steady breaths moving their little chests.

Glimpsing up at Jaina, he chuckled softly to himself,
    “Like mother like son.”

Carefully he picked up one of the babies and sat back with him held lying upon his chest. Jag cuddled the infant so gently as if he were the most precious possession he owned. The emperor relaxed, simply took pleasure in holding his sleeping son.

An hour of tranquillity settled over the apartment. Jag absorbed it all, committing the perfect moment to memory, simply enjoying the quiet. Until his own eyes-lids grew heavy.

Eventually Jaina stirred.

Sleepily she stretched and yawned. When she finally opened her eyes she immediately stilled. Her breath caught in her throat. The sight before her was the most precious she’d ever seen so far. It made her heart ache with such intense love she could feel each beat against her ribs.

Opposite Jag napped on the other couch. His head hung slightly forward. Snoring lightly he cradled one of their son’s in his big hands. In a cute white onesie, the petite baby boy rested his head on his father’s sternum, his arms curled up to his chest whilst his little legs laid spread out across Jag’s stomach.

Jaina sat up wearing the biggest smile. She had to cover her mouth to hold back an awe-filled chuckle. The sight was too adorable for words.

Though she hadn’t held her own children yet she didn’t want to ruin this special scene. It made every hurt and upset of being separated worth the wait. The hollowing sensation of despair was washed over by soul stealing love for her husband and newborn sons. They were her world, her heart living and breathing outside her own body, which made all the fights and tears fade away into nothingness.

In one of the cots beside Jag the other twin babe awakened. Agitated he flung his arms up and down impatiently. He cried a small wail for attention.

A heartbeat later Jaina was there picking him up for the first time with shaky hands.

Holding her breath in anticipation Jaina cradled him to her chest. The moment he was tucked in her arms against her heart, she let out a nervous sigh. She couldn’t believe it was real. He was so tiny. His fingers and toes were so miniature, along with his cute button nose and little pink lips.

In contrast his eyes, a perfect swirl of chocolate brown and emerald green, were big and beautiful. Full of spirit.

Mother and son shared their first stare.

Instinctively Jaina knew, from first glance, that she was going to be wrapped around this boy’s little finger for years to come. Just one look into his gorgeous eyes and she would crumple. He was going to be a charmer. Jaina couldn’t wait to see how he’d grow.

She wondered who he would be more alike. Jag? Her?

Gently rocking him, Jaina uttered the first words to her son lovingly,
    “Hey handsome … I’m your mummy. Nice to finally meet you.”

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *gasp* Oh speaking of Most Precious this was. I adore! these first-glimpse moments and Jaina's reaction was all d'awwwooon. LOL Loved Jag's loving reflecting on his gorgeous soulmate.

SQUEE and huggles!

22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I loved the description of Jag watching Jaina --that was very sweet along with Jaina talking to her son. It was an awwww! moment.

23. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Hey, what a great fic! I especially liked the last couple posts. Danni and Kyp are super cute...and they're perfect for each other.

Some thoughts:
    -Love seeing the Horns in this fic. Interesting how Valin is on a different side from his parents and sister...but not. The Jedi and the Imperials seem to have the same goals, even if they're separate entities.
    -Ethan is great. I'm not a Jacen/Tahiri shipper but their kid is adorable. I also really like the stepdad, and his stern yet supportive relationship with Ethan--he's a nice addition.
    -Jacen lives! Now, where's Tenel Ka? All kidding aside, it's great to see him in action.
    -Ben. So many emotions.
    -More J/J please.

24. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Ok sorry its not an update every week.. Struggling atm with drl.
    Anyways I think another reunion is required...
    Tags: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @LexiLupin @Nyota's Heart @Gemma
    Hope you enjoy. Thanks to all who click.

~

[Inner Rim. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Hangar Bay 33.]

With a recognisable clunk the Jade Shadow set down onto the concrete.

As it’s hatch opened several individuals stood waiting in anticipation.

Han glanced over. From his view point on top of the Millennium Falcon he saw Jered pale. He handed Ethan over to Jacen then went quickly up Jade Shadow’s hatchway.

Something was wrong. Jacen comforted his worried son and strolled away from the ship so he could calm him down. As he did the young Solo pulled out a comm link and made a quick call.

Descending his ladder, Han caught Jacen’s eye and waved him over.

“What is it?”

Shifting Ethan in his arms, Jacen spoke seriously,
    “She’s in a bad condition.”

By “she” Han gathered that he was speaking of Tahiri.

“She’s a tough kid.” Han reassured, “I’m sure she’ll make it.”

Behind them a medical teamed entered, rushing towards the Jade Shadow with a hover-bed and droid.

Glimpsing at the commotion, Jacen cleared his throat roughly,
    “I think its best I take him out of here.” He held the restless Ethan tighter, “I don’t want him to see anything that’ll upset him further.”

Han nodded,
    “That’s probably a good idea.”

Reluctantly Jacen left with his son his arms crying and fighting to get free.

From the Jade Shadow the hover-bed emerged. Upon it a rather fragile looking Tahiri rested, white, weak and beaten. Along with Tahiri and the med team, Jered exited the hangar. His gaze never tore away from his wife’s pale face.

Han strolled over to find Luke, Mara, Ben and Siena at the bottom of their ship’s walkway.

His brother-in-law appeared to have lost years of sleep, his eyes were dark, tired and his face weary. Besides him Mara’s cool façade was broken with lines of concern for everyone around her. The young Skywalker appeared to have fallen through a trash compactor backwards both physically and emotionally. And then there was the pretty Siena, that once all joyful light had vanished from her eyes, leaving her jaded.

Giving them each an understanding look, Han eventually broke the ice,
    “You all look how I feel. Though it must be said none of you wear it as good as I do.”

Cracking a smile Luke stepped across the distance and hugged him.
    “Good to see you Han.”

Rolling her eyes Mara teased,
    “Thanks for the kind words Solo. You always know what not to say.”

Shrugging carelessly, Solo jested back,
    “What can I say, it’s a gift.”

For a moment Han stood in front of his nephew, who for once was very serious and quiet at such a meeting. Solo’s instincts sensed darkness in the boy’s usually carefree demeanour. He was not a boy. By the weariness in his gaze it would seem he hadn’t been one for a while.

Ben’s calm expression slowly dropped away as his emotions got the better of him. He hadn’t seen certain members of family in so long. In exile he’d dreamed of them often. It was overwhelming to finally be in their company. Especially his iconic uncle.

Breaking free, full of relief, Ben embraced Han fiercely. With unshed tears the young Skywalker murmured into Han’s shoulder,
    “It’s so good to see you!”

Han returned the hug and ruffled the Skywalker’s red hair with affection.

When the two parted, Han made the executive decision for them all,
    “Come on, I’ll show you round and get you some quarters. You all need to be cleaned up and fed. Something tells me you could all use a time-out right now.”

[Inner Rim. On board Star Destroyer the Dark Goddess. Fel’s Private Chambers.]

Racon Gerreon’s life-size holo image flickered,
    “. . . I ensure you I have no wish for conflict. All Republic military forces have been recalled and all missions suspended.”

In his sharp black suit, completely serene, Jag stood in the living room opposite the holo picture of the Head of State.

Racon continued,
    “I suggest a peace summit. Come to Coruscant. Bring all the personnel you require and I will ensure safe passage for all. Let us finally settle these demons between us.”

For a second Jag considered his response. Finally he answered sombrely,
    “There will be many against such a meeting. You cannot guarantee anything, Head of State.”

The Mon Calamari shifted uncomfortably and replied,
    “I understand your concerns. I have them too. Many threats have been made. Most of them aimed at myself. But threats should not stop us from doing our duties. I have many changes to implement and there will be opposition, but I will not stop simply because a few refuse to see reason. Understand me Fel I am doing this for all, not just for the Republic.”

“I understand.” Fel’s expression turned hopeful as he added, “I admire your determination, Racon. And your integrity. I have always regarded you highly, with or without the title: Head of State.”

“So you’ll come? To a peace summit?”

“For the greater good of all, yes, I will.” Jag spoke sincerely, “Let’s settle this. The sooner the dust falls, the sooner we can build a new future.”

“A brighter, more open, future I hope.” Racon inclined his head respectfully, “I’ll make the arrangements and keep you informed of every detail. I look forward to our meeting.”

The holo wavered before vanishing completely.

Jag turned to his wife,
    “Well?”

Having witness the full conversation, Jaina sat thoughtfully on the far sofa.
    “I believe he genuinely wants to make peace.”

“So do I.” Jag glanced back at the spot where the holo had stood as he uttered his thoughts aloud, “I just hope no one kills him before we even get to sit and talk.”

Highly probable, Jaina silently thought to herself. Peace seemed so close and at the same time so far away. For everyone’s sake it had better be close.

25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Nice reunion. I liked the exchange between Han and Mara and then Han and Ben.

mayo_durron_666 likes this.