main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Blade Runner (Original, Black Lotus, 2049, 2099)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Merlin_Ambrosius69, May 12, 2013.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    At least the source code for Shaq Fu hasn't been destroyed. I was about to kill myself.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I love the opening shot of all the CSP arrays, and no sunlight.

[​IMG]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm not watching that. Not. Watching.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    If only that were the opening shot. The trailer is prefaced with short clips from the trailer.
    To put a new spin on the word "self-referential".

Rylo Ken likes this.
  6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Very nice trailer

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah why do trailers have a clip of shots from the trailer at the start?

It's idiotic.

Jedi Merkurian and Gamiel like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I hate that so, so much.

I think they do it so that when people scroll past it on Facebook and such they'll see potentially interest-grabbing visuals to make them stick around- as opposed to a green band they might keep scrolling past.

But it makes no sense to do that to the versions posted on YouTube. It's so stupid and/or lazy and just plain annoying.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The versions on youtube get shared to facebook.

[​IMG]

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, if there's a trailer three I want to see a "previously..." trailer which sums up the highlights of this current trailer, followed by snippets of trailer three to which I hope to see trailer three itself.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, but those don't auto play like FB videos do- you gotta click on them. So, the 80's TV recap tease at the start is useless for capturing views that it wasn't going to get otherwise.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

On Smart TVs, it's exactly timed so that the control bar for the YouTube app disappears exactly when those scenes end. It's possibly that. Otherwise, yes, very annoying.

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    It's as simple/cynical as that you're force fed the ad in the five seconds before you are given the ability to skip the rest of it on youtube.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Definitely makes me more curious to see. Interesting how that world seems to evolved, or is that devolved?

15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I think it'll deliberately be kept vague. After all, you didn't see that much about that world in the original. That world wasn't even "that world" in the original - it was the future.

Isn't that an interesting aspect of it? The original creators imagined a 2017 with fully-formed androids in it. And that has now retroactively been made an alternate reality, just because they wanted to make a sequel.
    Meanwhile, how close are we to that original vision? We have ugly sex droids in Japan and some weird metal skeletons for the US army. Nothing like what's seen in Blade Runner, not even the toys J.F. Sebastian made.

It doesn't seem that strange to imagine it being possible in 35 years... but 35 years pass by really quickly. We don't have flying cars. Duran Duran is still together. And Star Wars films are still being made. Will androids be a reality 35 years from now? Maybe that's the ultimate message here, unintended. Fat chance.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I really hope this film is good..

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    the real question is, SuperWatto, when do Atari make their fully fleged comeback

Gamiel and jp-30 like this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you mean the state if the world, well, it was barely being held together in the first film and signs were constantly encouraging people to move offworld. I think we're seeing glimpses of that continued- more abandoned complexes, worse environmental conditions, smaller population, etc.

Clearly, after the Ataribox reveals to us what it is ;).

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    They'll be installed in the seatbacks on all Pan Am aeroplanes.

Ender Sai likes this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Good points on the constant decay and off world migration.

And also good points from SuperWatto... I am glad we're not at this point (even the flying cars.)

It's Leto's potential
    replicant?!?
    creator that got my attention. Seems like a weird tweak after Tyrell and all...but are they still more human than human?

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Which is lifted directly from the original source material, which is set in the aftermath of a nuclear war and hints at mass extinctions/wrecked ecosystems etc.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm excited for this, but that Oscar hopeful, Geostorm is also coming out then too.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, only Rob Zombie is. ;)

The first film used pollution and resource depletion as the basis for the climate change and degraded technology, I believe.

Master_Lok likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

^:)^[face_laugh] Ol' Rob might agree with you there. I haven't read the source material in many replicant life cycles (or watched the theatrical cut in many years too), so I'll just say my obvious :confused: over the original sources (novel & film) is showing. I understand why people love them, but off the depressing deep end for me. The movie asks some very powerful questions and plays with a lot of conventions, but outside of Johanna and Darryl Hannah's replicants, cannot say I am a fan beyond some of the visuals.

And yet, there is that compelling little tease about this second gen creator that makes me curious; darn my movie/comics paradox . Still, if this is better than Prometheus...I'll happily acknowledge that fact.

I will let the deep chatter about the original and novel fly way over my head and let real fans discuss.

25. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005