Seattle, WA Blade Runner the Final Cut

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AmmersVI, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The final cut of Blade Runner is now here! It opens this Friday at the Cinerama.
    In case you didn't know this is an exceptional Harrison Ford Sci Fi film not to be confused with that other one... Star Cars or something like that...
    There has been an origional cut, directors cut and now a final cut. New scenes have been shot for this version over the summer.
    Any interest?
  2. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
  3. JodyP Jedi Youngling

One of my favorite Sci-Fi movies. i would love to go if i can. What time does it start?
  4. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There is a 5:50 ish showing that I won't be able to make and a 8:40 ish showing that I could do on Friday. Other than that there are showings throughout the weekend...but the first day at the Cinerama is always the best!
  5. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    I work this Friday but saturday and sunday evenings (8pmish) are open for me.
  6. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok. Lemme check on Sun.
  7. Nik420 Jedi Youngling

New scenes?

New SCENES?

NEW scenes?

Really?

A chance to see it on the big screen again?

I'm there!
  8. micdavis Jedi Master

star 4
    More of touched up scenes. They fix the horrible stunt double when Zhora goes through the glass and the used Harrison Fords son to re-shoot lip movement to match when Deckard is talking to the snake vendor.

No real NEW scenes.

9. micdavis Jedi Master

star 4
    Made it to this on Saturday.

Although it was a real treat to see it again on the big screen, especially the Cinerama, overall I felt the re-do didn't really add or subtract from the film in any way.

I still object to the removal of the voice over, I think it makes the film easier to understand (not everyone will watch a movie 20 times to understand the subtext) and helps it move it along.

A joy to see at the least.

Watch for the 70MM film series. Ghostbuster is up next.
  10. JumpinJax Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So be good! For goodness' sake! WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, somebody's comin! Somebody's comin [face_skull]
  11. CountBakufu Jedi Master

star 2
    i went and saw this a Cinerama and must saw it's the definitive version of the film. extended scenes, fx touch ups but most of all the editing of film tightens the pace of the film to match that of non-narration of Deckard. also, the digital composite of joanna cassidy on the Zhora stunt double made me smile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.