MidWest Blah! I hate snow!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Another couple inches is being dumped on us here in Lincoln. I hate it! Blah!
  2. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Indy's bracing itself for 4-8 inches arriving a little later today, the first significant snow of this season. Anticipating the first round of snow that never came a few weeks ago, I tried to visualize warmth and create a few pics in the Fan Art Forum here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1387335&replies=7 The Nat portion of the pic was created by someone called LED, just so I don't get credit for that. You'll know what I mean, as it's the warmest part of the pic.

As I sit here in my office with a busted furnance, shivering, I realize psychology has failed me again.
  3. Combustible Insect Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The snow doesn't bother me a bit.
  4. jedigal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Heavy snow in St. Louis right now. Total accumulation by afternoon rush hour expected to be 6-10 inches, and looking at the maps, it looks I'm right in the center of it. Only Springfield MO is going to get more. I'm at work today, a legal secretary, and in an office which totals about 50 people only about a dozen of us even bothered to come in at all. Brownie points for me!
  5. Shi-Zahn_Quinn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    We've been getting our fair share in Northern Michgian. Not as much as downstate, but a good ammount.

I'm getting tired of the blowing and drifting snow. I've had to dig myself "into" my driveway every night this week so far.
  6. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    It's starting to get messy here...snow's packed on the roads underneath the new coat and everyone's sliding around.

Wish I would have gotten gas for the snow blower yesterday. D'oh! :(
  7. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I just found out that someone in my dorm died because of the snow. :(
  8. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    My condolences, Talon 1.
    In northern Indiana we also have gotten quite a bit. Everything was closed yesterday, even the colleges. This was the third time in the history of my college that they closed it due to snow. But three of my four finals were cancelled and I don't have to remake them. Praise the maker (see chicago's C-3PO board for discussion on this topic)
  9. jedigal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry to hear that, TSLead.

My condolences. And at this time of year, too. Terrible.

I never did hear exactly how much snow we got yesterday, but for StL, it was ALOT!! It's extremely beautiful, we don't get to see it often. I'm kind of enjoying it, which is unusual for me, normally I'm a bit of a grinch about anything that makes driving conditions worse.
  10. Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling

star 1
    2 snow days in a row, with exams coming up starting monday! In St. Louis, at least around my house, we got about 10 inches. It would be wonderful, except for the fact that I hate snow, and cold weather. Oh, well, no school.
  11. JediGemini Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Illinois is no different at all! But I must admit that I much more dislike the freezing rain (which we got yesterday) than the snow. I had to chip away at my car for about 15 minutes just so I could go home from work. Will it ever end?
  12. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Freezing rain is definitely the worst. Last Wednesday had killer weather here.
  13. High_Avalon Jedi Youngling

In Grand Rapids we have about a foot in the suburbs, we have gotten a season total of over 40 inches already though.
  14. Lagniappe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SNOW

Lovely to look at,
    inside, safe from the cold.
    And if you must drive in it,
    you may end up towed (as in, out of a ditch).
  15. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Got about 31 inches here in Milwaukee last time I checked the news, and we're gonna get even more before Christmas :p" Stupid winter!
  16. Fenix Jedi Master

star 3
    There's nothing wrong with it. It's quite fun.
  17. Lagniappe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ha! Unless you have to try and commute in it... and end up in a ditch, or sliding into the curb or hitting someone, etc. Or you are 75 years old and have no one to shovel your drive. Or you are homeless and have no where to sleep..

It IS fun yes, but it also causes great difficulty for some people.
  18. Jedi_B1ade Jedi Youngling

Why doesn't it ever snow on Hoth. There's now, but it never SNOWS. We just got 4" here in Devils Lake, ND
  19. jedigal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, they aren't actually ON Hoth that long as far as what we see in ESB! But actually, in the scene where Han is setting up the tent, isn't it snowing?

Here in St. Louis having all this snow is very surreal. Sure, sometimes we GET a little snowfall in December. But it ALWAYS melts right away. We've had snow actually ON the ground for weeks! It's wild. And we keep getting more. It's really very pretty. I don't really like the snow, especially how dirty things get with it, but since we have it so seldom, this has kind of been a refreshing change. But I'll be happier when summer with its muggy humidity is back. There's nothing like August in St. Louis! Gotta love it.
  20. FandomsLink Jedi Youngling

Hardly ever snows in Southern California.
    If it did, I'd hate it.

AlphaconCentral, Omaha, Nebraska, May 4-5-6, 2001
    Anthony Daniels and many others.
    Be there!!
  21. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Oh blah again. Here in Lincoln it has been a stinky day with rain and hail. Oh joy, I say.

Other than that, spring is coming! I feel a little happier now.
  22. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    More snow here in Lincoln!!!!!!!!! I love it and hate it. Dagnabbit. Oh well. Anything that can get me out of class I love.
  23. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    well, we've had our share of freezing rain thunderestorm, sleet, ice and snow here in Omaha.

Too bad the weather's getting better. No more snow days :( But it's still so darned cold...
  24. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
    The thing I hate the most is when it snows, warms up, melts, freezes, ice all over, snow, warms up to 40 degrees durning the day, 4 degrees at night. Snows 24 inches, 2 days later it is gone.

I normally love snow, but this year, I can't wait for spring. I wonder how a Jawa crawler would work in the snow?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.