main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blast from the Past -- Twisted Metal PS3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Vassago, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Debut Trailer
    Team Death Match Gameplay
    Nuke Mode Gameplay

Basically, one word sums this up: Awesome.

My friend and I were just talking about this game and how they need to make a new one; updated, darker, sadistic, more fun, etc. And wow-oh-wow have they done it.

I love the idea of factions and how it doesn't appear to be "vehicle combat" as we once knew it. I am very impressed and will be watching this one very closely.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting that they're bringing this back. I remember back when the PSX came out, that this was pretty much the only game people ever talked about besides Crash and FF7 (or at least the only one you ever heard about from the ether, since, from my experience, most people seemed to have an N64 instead). Always found it odd that it hadn't continued like the others- though I suspected maybe the genre had worn itself out (SW: Demoltion?).

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I agree. Twisted Metal: Black on PS2 was the last one I played and Twisted Metal3 on the PSX was the last one I played of the originals. They started to get kind of...out there. More so than normal!

I'm glad they've brought it back, and they look to kind of redefine it so as not to just redo the same old car vs car over and over again. People hanging out the windows with guns, etc, looks pretty cool.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Used to love playing the Twisted Metal games with friends on the PlayStation back in those days. Got a lot of nostalgia watching those trailers, definitely looking forward to the new one.

But hasn't Jaffe repeatedly gone on record saying he wasn't working on a new Twisted Metal? Bah.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    dangit. this makes two games i wanna get a PS3 for. still not enough, mind, but really wanna play this.

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Bump - sorry I thought I unlocked this, the board software is tricksy.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.