main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Blastech DL-44 alternative idea

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by mr_Goodbomb, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Ok, so, if you haven't noticed, German and Chinese Mauser and Mauser clones are expensive, and gun collectors wanna kill us for bolting scopes and gluing model engine and waterhose parts to these things. And the replicas are fairly pricey, too, and generally have errors and no moving parts. Many are even made out of plastic.

I found some places that sell full-metal airsoft broomhandle mausers. All working parts. Generally around 100 bucks. Bolt a scope on it, glue a reville engine peice on the side, and put a firehouse nozzle on the tip and you're ready to go, and if you want, it'll shoot BBs, too! If nothing else, it'll fire blank rounds of cO2 ("ozone") and having moving parts.

What do you think?

2. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    That actually is a normal thing. A lot of people go for airsofts from accurate dealers because it's cheaper.

It's definately an option that prop makers use a lot.:)

Why not go for the Blas-tech (www.blast-tech.com) replica? It's $65 and full metal. You can grab the scope and other stuff too.

3. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Hmm.....

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Yeah, your idea is not new in the least.

And CO2 is not ozone. There is no carbon in ozone. The molecular formula is 03.
    :rolleyes:

5. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I thought the blast-tech replica was resin... ?

6. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    I never said it was ozone, I was comparing something real to something in universe - blasters bolts are said to produce a slight smoke from the use of tibanna gas that smells like ozone.

Just because you believe you know more than someone else on a subject is no reason to be a (expl. deleted by mod). No one would be here if they didn't have SOMETHING to learn from the others.

I never claimed my idea to be new, though I've never seen it done. When I searched for a FUNCTIONAL converted broomhandle airsoft, I found jack squat. However, I've have seen plenty of converted replicas, though. Hence why I brought the idea here.

S_S edit: please refrain from flaming.

7. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    that's not a nice thing to say to someone [face_shame_on_you]

especially Lori. She was just being informative

8. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    I don't believe telling someone they're completely unoriginal and then continuing to attempt to correct them as rudely as possible is informative at all.

9. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Pot calling the kettle black. ;)

Unfortunately, converting an air soft and maintaining it's functionality is likely to be illegal in some jurisdictions. Not all countries are as lenient with their gun laws as the US.

10. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I think the point Lori (as well as others who correct people) is trying to get across is to do your research on something. She was not intending to be mean at all. You'll be lucky if the mods dont edit what you said, because THAT was rude.

11. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    It's just an airsoft gun, completely legal, modded with a usually non-functional scope and a couple model engine parts glued onto it. If anything, the things being tacked onto it make it LESS functional. Considering you can buy airsoft ANYTHING in the US at the age of 18 right at the counter, I doubt it's a problem. Oh, and, wait a second... Didn't people say it's already been done, and done often? Which one is it, then? Illegal, or trite? Pick one.

As for Loreen, I stand by my case. She was rude, and I reciprocated that back to her. I did a search here and on google for a DL-44 airsoft mod and found jack. Consider research done. For that matter, this place IS research, and posting here is for informative purposes. That's pretty easily understood. Her post, however, was nothing short of rude and useless. The topic isn't about the legality of a prop, or the social restraints on a prop, or the scientific properties of anything. I notice a trend around here to nitpick and correct tiny little errors where ever people see fit, and it's just... silly.

12. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    You also might want to re-read the rules, considering you keep using words not allowed on these forums in the context you are using them. They are family friendly...

And if you dont want everyone's opinion, possibly, dont you think you should not post on here? Because everyone is allowed to give their thoughts on something if it is posted... Whether you like them or not. Look at the Surpreme Vader thread, there are people on there who have total opposite opinions, but you dont see them bashing someone because they knew something more about it than they...

13. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I was NOT refering to US rules and regulations on these types of guns. OTHER countries on this planet have completely and utterly different rules on firearms and that was what I was refering to. Just because it is legal in the United States doesn't make it automatically legal anywhere else.

Please read more carefully. This is, after all, an international message board.

14. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm sorry for telling it how it is. I also think I like the post with "(expl. deleted)" better. Makes me sound even harsher than I was. ;)

Again, I don't think telling someone "your idea isn't new at all, and here's why you're wrong about something trivial" is helpful or informative, especially when the first part of the comment was completely unfounded. I've seen nothing to demonstrate that it's been done.

This thread isn't about the legality of props in different regions of the world. Not to be rude, but please don't add that to this already somewhat unpleasant discussion. Same goes for shooting balls of (falsified and fictional) static electricity at people in public. It's just another factor we don't need, and is completely unrelated. If you can't make or use it, don't try... but many of us can. Just use common sense.

C-3PO: "We're not interested in the hyperdrive on the Millenium Falcon. Just open the door, you stupid lug!"

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    This thread doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with regard to the topic, so unless anyone can contribute to getting it back on topic without getting snarky, it will be locked.

16. mr_Goodbomb

Apr 20, 2006
    I'd like to see some of these props made from airsoft products.

17. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    There was a guy on eBay selling plastic molded parts for airsoft Mausers. Not sure if he's still around.

Blast-tech's Mauser is not resin. I own a built one. I believe it is a Denix replica as a base.

The muzzle flash suppressor on the front of the Solo gun is not a fire extinguisher nozzle. It was recently revealed to be just that: a muzzle flash supressor from a WWII machine gun. At least on the ANH gun anyway.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen pics of anyone who built up a airsoft Mauser. Most folks I know on the interweb have either custom built Mausers or Mauser replicas, MR replicas, or pre-built Mauser replicas like Blast-tech. Sorry, don't know where to steer you for pics.

Cheapest thing I know of for a Han blaster is to get a Kenner from eBay and paint it!

18. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    I've now had more than several complaints about this thread so I am going to lock it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.