main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blaster bolt deflection. The most basic defence for PT Jedi. Interesting subject.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AnakinSucks, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_of_Valor

Jedi_of_Valor Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2007
    I assume blasters are charged particle beams, since there is a magazine on the gun. If they were that power if I understand the tech behind them right, it would be slow enough to see (like in the movies) and even a non-force user could deflect them, it just wouldn't be easy.

BTW, we (human beings) are currently developing charged particle beam weapons, I like the idea. Flat trajectory and the energy in joules would be WAYYYY higher than a magnum rifle round!

2. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I am more interested in the Jedi's ability to absorb energy, myself...like, how is Obi-Wan able to escape the rocket detonations on the Kamino landing pad during his fight with Jango? An explosion like we see in AOTC should have blown limbs off...yet, he escapes it without a scratch...his skin hair isn't even singed from the heat...If they can do that, what is a blaster bolt? Piece of cake.

3. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    Don't forget that in ESB, Vader, using the power of the force was actually able to capture the blaster bolts fired by Han Solo. It isn't simply having the light saber in the right location. The Jedi uses the force to bring the blaster bolt into the light saber. This is what makes it harder to be shot down because the force disrupts things such as targeting computers. The stronger you are with the force, the more skilled you are at doing this.

The light saber also attracts and absorbs energy as seen by its ability to capture the force lighting when properly wielded. This would be a secondary factor on how just getting the light saber close to the blaster fire would cause it to be deflected.

All the Jedi needs to do is have the light saber in the proper defensive position, then the light saber gives him a "shield" which extends several inches (or feet) wider than the actual blade of the light saber.

Lets face it, if Wonder woman can deflect bullets with her bracelets, a jedi can certainly deflect laser blasts with a light saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.