main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Blaster Builders Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Quag_Myr_Rumm, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I finally finished my first attempt at an E-11 blaster. I'll be bringing it to the meeting. Can one of you TK - Bloodfin types bring a holster? I want to get an idea of my scale. I tend to build bigger than I should. I took a lot of tips from the PVC Blaster Builders Club.

That brings me to my next thought. Is anyone interested in doing a BBC - Blaster Builders Club here in Indy? I'm not talking about a SIG. It doesn't need to be formal or rigid. I'm talking about a group of people getting together informally to build blasters. You can never have enough guns. Especially really big guns.

My next project is an MG-34/42 and the DH-19 Rebel Blaster.

Blasters are not that hard to build and they will cost you all of $15-$20 in materials. Also, you get that personal satisfaction of doing it yourself. Let me here your thoughts and tonight you can give me an idea of how to improve the design of the first version.

2. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    We have yet to meet, but it sounds like fun to me. :) See ya tonight.

P.S. You'll be the one with the blaster, right. :D

3. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I will bring my holster tonight.

4. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Cool! Since you are a blaster builder... Do you know where I might be able to pick up a Han and Luke conversion kit for the Mauser Broomhandle guns (for cheap)? The least expensive that I can find is $200.00. I already have the guns, just need the kits.

5. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    I would personally make my own conversion kit. I built an M-19 scope replica for about 2.00 in materials. You can make a single point scope even cheaper depending on the version of 44 blaster you want done. The scope mount can be cut and bent from sheet aluminum and we can probably mill the flash supressor. Material costs would be minimal and the only real investment is time.

$200 conversion kits are for people with more money then time to spare.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I think tokar_rai said something about knowing where you could get one, either that or it was Droidboy, can't remember. I'll give him a call and ask him.

7. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    It is my goal in life for everyone to have guns - really big guns. What is a rebel without a blaster. What is a stormtrooper without a blaster. What is a Jedi without a blast... He would still be dressed in burlap.

Blasters are just cool and there are so many kinds to make that I want everyone to share in the madness.

My immediate projects are for a rebel blaster and the mg-34/42 big boy blaster. Down the road the big project is going to be the snow trooper repeating blaster cannon on tripod. Fyberdyne refers to this as the B.F.G.

Its easy to get started. I essentially only used a few tools to make my first blaster: drill, jig saw, dremel, and a coping saw. Any defects that are created during construction can be repaired with bondo or latex filler and sand paper. The primary materials are wood, PVC, and styrene. Then you get some odds and ends from various scrap pieces. The key is to be creative and try different things.

Fyberdyne has suggested that we can work on blasters at IKM meetings because there is often spaces of dead time. We can also get together informally during the week in the evening for those who may not be able to do stuff on the weekend.

Let me know if you're interested.

8. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    So how is the blaster building business going? I ment to ask you about this the last time I saw you but I was a bit distracted.

9. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    It is going fine. Ron provided me with some scale measurements for the Sterling Mk IV smg. My scale was not too far off. Right now I'm working on my first DH-17 blaster. It is the one you see the Rebel Fleet troopers using in ANH. It is supposedly the same blaster that the Royal Guard carry.

I've spent most of my time the last week and a half working on Royal Guard Force Pikes. One is almost totally done and the second one is one third done.

I'm having a blast (lol) doing this stuff. I'm always willing to help anyone who wants to make their own blaster. It's not all that expensive to do and most of the parts can be found or replicated.

10. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    I just finished putting another coat of paint on the pieces of what was once a white Hasbro stoormtrooper blaster. I am going to have to run to Meijer's or somewhere to get some more as I ran out. That what I get for using a partial can. At any rate, I would like to hook up sometime and talk shop. One can never have too many blasters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.