main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blasters and Blood

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dan-yoda, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    In the classic Star Wars movies, whenever the Stormtroopers or one of the Rebels get hit with a blaster they just fall down without any blood. However, several times in the EU (including comics, games, and novels) I've seen people bleed heavily when they get hit with a blaster. So do they bleed when they get hit with a blaster or not (can anything cause bleeding in star wars?)

2. Kaizer_

Kaizer_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Well, EU is EU...blaster shots and lightsaber cuts cautherize the wounds instantly in the movies, the only time we've really seen any blood in star wars is when Obi cuts off the arm in the cantina in ANH...

3. AVECEASAR

AVECEASAR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2004
    AND in TESB during the battle of Hoth... One of the rebel pilots bleeds just before his fighter comes down.

But... Who needs blood in SW? :)

4. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Darth Maul bleeds.
    The Wampa bleeds.

The EU needs to conform to the movies, not the other way around.

5. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Also, isn't there blood on Leia's bandage at the end of RotJ?

6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    luke got a hand wacked off and there was not one trace of blood.

It doen't bother me one way or another. You can say that certain specias react differnly to blaster bolds. That is why what's his names arm was bleeding in ANH

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Funny you should mention this 'cause I was wondering the same thing. I just read "Shatterpoint" and Mace mentions that the Geonosis arena was full of blood. Hummm, where Mace? Most of the Jedi who died in the arena got hit by blasters and we see no blood in Geonosis at all...

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think the real life answer is because they don't want to put a lot of blood in the movies.The in-universe answer might be because it depends on how the blaster bolt hits you.If it gets hot enough,it'll seal the wound like a lightsaber does.But if it just grazes you,it'll probably draw blood.

That's my guess anyway. :)

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It could be one of the following:

1) Different blasters have different powers and "heat levels" and therefore some cautorize wounds and some don't.

2) Metaphorically speaking, a lot of blood is shed, whether it physically is or not.

Or something.

10. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    They don't go to the bathroom or shave in Star Wars...and the only ones who bathe are droids!

Why should anyone bleed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.