main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Blasters, Battlestar Galactica and Stuff

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I guess this post is mostly for Smudge, but I know there are others in the group who like Battlestar Galactica. I just found the most awesome stand-alone Freespace 2 mod today called "Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line". It's a BSG space sim built on the Open-source Freespace 2 engine, right now they've released a free Demo, and here's the kicker, it's cross-platform, so Smudge can play on his iMac and PC users can play it on their PCs, together. So if anyone wants to download it and play a few rounds, email me :D

Also, my Jango blaster came today, so I'd like to plan a time to get together and have our "Prop day"

2. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I've found this game already. Isnt it just the demo?

3. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Yeah, but it's pretty polished for a demo, they have 3 single player missions and a slew of multiplayer games, including Dogfights, Team vs Team, and my fav Co-op. Have you tried the demo Chris? It's actually really fun and really well put together, I can't wait to see what else they do with it.

4. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    As I think I said at the last meeting, I havnt tried the game yet because I was waiting for them to put newtonian physics in.

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    It says on the FAQ in their forum that it's not possible to add real newtonian physics because of how Freespace 2 was built, but they've been able to "fake it" really well, you can basically enter "glide" mode which allows you to spin your ship in any direction without applying forward thrust in a new direction, it allows you to basically pull off all of the moves you see in the show. Also, they have keys for thrusting up down left and right, so you can essentially "strafe" in space. Really fun stuff.

6. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I have never been one for online games, and given my schedule I would probably not be able to play it at the same time as most of you.
    However, I'll be available for a bit on Saturday for some preliminary blaster discussions and perhaps a few rounds of Munchkin? You created a monster when you introduced me to this, I went out and bought Star Munchkin the next day. So how about meeting at my place around 6 PM, do some prop work and finish up with Munchkin? I'll post a separate thread with the proposal as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.