main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Blatent drive for post #2000

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Did you say raise count?

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I like counts. Count Chocala for one, The Count from Seasme Street for another.

Counts fighting with a red lightsaber is something I love though.

3. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Count Basie is pretty cool too.
    ..and the Count of Monte Cristo makes a good hot sandwich.
    .. and Count Orlock was scary.

So do you think Count Dooku will get his own cereal?

Sugar coated Dookus!

4. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    just to boost this thread and to spread the good word, the EP2:AotC poster has been released:

BLAM

5. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    "One peanut butter sandwich. Two peanut butter sandwich...."

I wouldn't miss my sis' graduation anyway. I actually have it all planned out. See the movie at the first showing of the day, hop in the car and drive to her graduation. My sis would probably make my life very hard if I didn't make it.

6. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, KZ, how about Frosted Mini-Dookus? Light on one side, Dark on the other. Makes a Sith-tastic part of your complete breakfast.

7. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Great, now you guys are getting me hungry. Time to fire up the grill and throw some polish(not people) on the barbie.

Grillin' Mark

8. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    <thinking how I could Sith up the greatest cereal ever made......Quisp>

9. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    OK, this is for some of the more old-school people on the boards. I need a hand with something...

I've recently started seeing someone who's... well, she's pretty wonderful. To prove my point, I shall now blow the minds of anyone who knows me by freely admitting that this woman is not only capable of rendering me speechless, but she is also much smarter than me. Only JJ on a really big roll has made me work nearly as intensely at formulating my thoughts like this girl does on a daily basis (and Jeff's not nearly as cute, especially in long gloves.) Now if she only didn't live 1100 miles away...

But I digress. I mentioned long ago to her about a small series of essays I wrote for the installation of Magic of Myth here in Chicago. I tried to downplay their importance (apparently telling a woman that your writings weren't very good because they were written "more with the heart than with the mind" is exactly the wrong thing to say if you don't want her to read them.) Anyway, I've reluctantly agreed to send her copies, but today I discovered that I never kept drafts of any of them. I checked the trusty CF website, but the links there are broken. She's got me built up to thinking that maybe they did have some value (funny how women can do that,) so now even I'm kinda interested in looking at them again. Did any of you old-schoolers happen to keep copies, or maybe someone can get those links working again on cf.org?

I'm usually not so self-depricating (read: not an @sshole,) but it's funny what a pair of eyes and a voice like honey can do to even the hardest-hearted flightless waterfowl.

-Le Penguin
    "You can't be kind and gentle to people all the time... it doesn't work."

10. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Young Penguin in love.

So - has this gal's seeing eye dog bit you yet?

[face_laugh]

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Try http://www.chicagoforce.org/events/myth1.html

The long way was more news, check out our archives, October 13, 2000: Journal of the Myths, part 1.

I hope you find it through either path, the journal was very cool.

12. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Got 'em. Thanks. I guess some of them are salvagable...

And no, JJ... your wife has been very well-behaved.

-Le Penguin
    "Please let me suffer in silence."

13. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    OH MAN!!!! You got some guts to say that.

I pity you the next time I give you a ride to a CF event and she comes with.

14. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Just make sure you leave the windows open a crack.

Ahh, I'm just fuc&in with ya. you're wife's a doll, and I'm sure women everywhere are greatful to her for throwing herself on the social grenade that is you.

Now go get me some cheese fries, and don't skimp on the bacon.

-Le Penguin
    "Bacon-up that sausage, boy."

15. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Small or large order?

16. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, and by the way, here's this week's stars:

Aries: (March 21?April 19)
    Though everything seems to be going fine between you and your love interest, you will be stricken with cancer to create dramatic tension in the third act.

Taurus: (April. 20?May 20)
    You will continue your pattern of taking two steps forward and thirty or forty back toward the nearest tavern.

Gemini: (May 21?June 21)
    Your friend Nathan will continue to display talents and skills that make you seem boring by comparison.

Cancer: (June 22?July 22)
    Your upcoming appearance on a popular wildlife show will provide a cautionary example to whale-watchers for years to come.

Leo: (July 23?Aug. 22)
    When driving through the desert, you should never stop and eat mysterious piles of birdseed, even if "FREE BIRDSEED" signs are stuck in them.

Virgo: (Aug. 23?Sept. 22)
    You will soon learn the hard way that "motherly love" means different things to different mothers.

Libra: (Sept. 23?Oct. 23)
    You will be unable to get the Led Zeppelin song "Stairway To Heaven" out of your head after discovering an actual stairway to heaven in a vacant lot.

Scorpio: (Oct. 24?Nov. 21)
    Pain and humiliation will be your lot when a scheduling snafu pits you against the Detroit Red Wings two nights in a row.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22?Dec. 21)
    The paramedics will find it much easier to load you into the ambulance if they remember to bring a few buckets.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22?Jan. 19)
    Try not to hold those you love to impossible standards, such as being able to love you back.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20?Feb. 18)
    You will find it hard to emulate Alexander the Great as long as you are forced to work with Sandra the Dippy.

Pisces: (Feb. 19?March 20)
    Soon, you'll be savoring the sly satisfaction of getting away with something, but don't be too smug: That would be too much alliteration.

I wish I was a Scorpio this week. BRING THEM WING PUKES ON!!! :)

And Penguin - you're a Taurus, right? Sure sounds like you (and Jay, and Zilla, and BoB, and Dreamer, and Bosh, and Raven, and......)

17. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, if I followed the horoscope (which I do not, even at the expense of Onionesque fun) I'd be at the mercy of the Wings.

And despite the vastly improved Hawks team, the only thing standing in the way of Detroit and the Stanley Cup this year is going to be the Avalanche. Should be one Hell of a Conference Final.

-Le Penguin
    "I'll buy Dan a drink and get his dog one, too!"

18. ProfessorMurder

ProfessorMurder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    Sigh... where has the time gone?

Oh, yes... prison. I forgot.

-Professor Murder
    "Forget the fame, and the glamour
    Give me D's wit a rubber hammer"

19. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    F.Y.I.

The new X-Men trailer is out at :

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x-men_2/

20. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Picking up right where they left off. Nice.

While you're at Apple's site, check out the trailer for "Spirited Away". Disney does Anime!

21. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    The ymanaged to do it right with Mononoke... let's hope they continue the tradition of not trying to Disneyfy their foreign imports...

-Le Penguin
    "I"m going to show you how to kill a god."

22. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    An oldie but a goodie:

You always thought an amoeba was a simple, single-celled organism, but the description seems to fit you perfectly.

You will be exasperated and embarrassed by your appearance on Fox's Let's Give A Million Bucks To The Guy With The Cleanest Underwear.

Your lawyer's closing arguments will hinge on the premise that you're too damned ugly to have even considered killing all those people.

Your real-estate investments won't seem so wise when the Dow crashes though the roof of the apartment complex you recently bought.

You will set a new record as the person most often struck by stray gunshots, flaming debris, and rampaging flightless birds escaping the circus.

It may be time to reassess the risk/reward ratio of your nickel-counterfeiting operation.

The war for your stomach escalates when the vitamin fortifications of your complete breakfast are destroyed by a single well-placed Bomb Pop.

While no one will ever take your place in her heart, two tennis instructors, a bassist, and several of your friends have taken your place in her other areas.

It does nothing to ease your pain when Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas is fined $7.25 for assaulting you at a fried-chicken restaurant.

Your characterization of your recent firing as a "Pyrrhic victory" illustrates your tendency to misinterpret classical references.

You're a guy who loves children. Which is good, as you're about to find out just how many you have.

The stars wouldn't take the risks you do, but, hey, it's your life for the next six months or so.

Thank God I'm not a Leo.

23. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I just never realized I was a Scorpio before.

24. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Somedays, you feel like ever dang sign. But screw ya all, anyway:

Your life is becoming boring, particularly to the people watching through the little peepholes.

You'll deliver triplets in an elevator this week, even though they aren't due for three months and the elevator isn't stuck.

You were brought up to love and fear God, but it's women who you truly love and fear.

Your life has been a wonderful and varied symphony, but the bassoon, lower brass, and tympani are getting more minor-key solos this week.

You've always been ready for when push comes to shove, but you'll be unprepared when push comes to uppercut, broken bottle, and meat saw.

You're going to get one more chance to make it right. However, please note that in this case "it" refers not to your life but to beef Wellington.

You'll fail to deal with a personal tragedy this week, wasting all of your time trying to determine whether you deserved it.

Your dream of becoming an accountant is ruined forever when economic circumstances force you to found and direct a modern dance troupe.

Though you consider yourself a master of anal sex, you're just a strange combination of hyper-organization and raw sensuality.

Your future is wide open, an endless ocean of possibilities, as long as you do nothing that takes more than three days.

The stars have decided that your life needs no changes, at least from their perspective.

Drugs and alcohol are not the answer to your problems. Then again, hard work and self-reliance are, so drugs and alcohol will have to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.