main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Blatent Drive for Post #32,057

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Le_Penguin, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Hmmm....two men in kilts and only one of Bosh's hands is visible! :p

So why were you guys in such "dapper duds"?

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That is scary.

3. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    can I just get a "hells yea" for the cancellation of Star Trek Enterprise???

HELLS YEA!

4. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    there was a Star Trek TV show on that wasnt syndicated?

5. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The local Los Angeles Star Trek club put a full page ad in the LA Times today to get donations to make the next season. They've raised 37K (they need like 40 Million). I'm guessing they just want the money for lobbying purposes....or for heroin. Either way, that's some fandom in action. 37K to save a crappily made Trek show?

Actually I think they are trying to reminisce about the good old days when ST:eek:S 3rd Season was saved by a massive letter-writing campaign. Good luck losers!!

Too bad they don't have quality geek-fair like we do! Right fella's? You with me? Star Wars...better than Enterprise! Right!

Bosh

If there's grass in left field...play ball!

6. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    it'd be hysterical if they took the $37K and tried to continue Enterprise on their own...I bet they could get George Takei for a fraction of that. and he'd bring his own makeup.

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I got an Ipod mini. 8-}

Yes, I know most of you probably already have one, but I'm still excited about it. It will make standing and the copier for 3 hours this afternoon much more tolerable, and I can walk for hours on end with the right music.

And don't believe the hype, you CAN use a USB1 with the Ipods. I'm sure it would have been hella faster with a USB2, but it still worked.

On an amusing note, the DAY AFTER I dropped $249 plus tax on my little silver bundle of joy, the price went down to $199. So today I get to trek back to the Apple store for a price adjustment.

~H~

8. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    iPods rule. That is all there is to it. Oh and USB 2 devices are compatible with USB 1 so that is why the iPod works on USB1.

9. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Apple Store in mid-June....glass staircase, mini-skirts.

Bosh
    "nuff said"

10. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Oh and USB 2 devices are compatible with USB 1 so that is why the iPod works on USB1.

That's what I thought, and I know I've plugged USB 2 itmes into my computer and have never had a problem. But I made the mistake of asking the morons as Comp USA, who said in no uncertain terms that it would NOT work unless I installed a new card - which they would be happy to sell me. They also didn't have pink in stock, despite the fact that I checked earlier in the day and the 1-800 number said they had 10.

So I went home, did some research and took my business directly to Apple. Still didn't get pink, but I figured I'm going to make a little case for it anyway so it didn't matter.

And yes, I noticed the glass stairs. :p

~H~

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
  12. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    LOL That was awesome!

13. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
  14. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    good scthuff thommy.

so there's apparently this fan campaign to keep star trek enterprise going, and they've actually managed to rope some buddies of burt rutan into contributing $3 million toward funding a new season of the show.

does anyone see this actually happening? and if so, how will it work? will all the contributors get some portion of the no-doubt endless ancillary profits paramount will realize through dvd sales and syndication of the series?

i mean, really.

in other news, i went to my first con out here a few weeks ago. my rum punch was a HUGE hit. i bet you miss me NOW. now that you're THIRSTY.

15. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    You have Rum Punch...we have the Chocolate Lovers Society and Atomic Breath Punch, and Gojira Punch, and Stigmata Amidala Punch...and what's more Chicago is where Dex and Rex are...so THIS IS where the PARTY is, my tanning friend!

16. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Okay, apparently there is a LEGO Star Wars video game coming out... I don't have the link for it handy, so I don't know if it's a joke or not. Does anyone know anything more about this?

17. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
  18. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    dex, i thought your beverage specialty was "jesus juice."

19. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Now that you mention it MY wine is a "Blessing" at any party! But when I try walking on water the parties over!

20. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  21. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Han's n' Bob's good friend JediErica sent this for any Star Wars fans who are in need of extra $$ for C3:

Here is the new massive list of market research numbers and urls to sign up.
    Lots of new locations around and in Chicago added to the list.
    Market Research Numbers

Adler Weiner Research 847-763-1284 www.awres.com
    Chicago Focus 312-335-0700
    Fieldworks 847-581-1247 http://www.fieldwork.com/
    Focus Point 888-255-3628 http://www.focuspointeonline.com/database4.htm
    Focus Scope 708-386-5086 www.focuscope.com
    Mid-America Research 847-392-0800 http://www.midamr.com/
    Murray Hill is 312 604 4000 ext. 202 http://www.murrayhillcenter.com/
    New Dimensions 847-364-5529 _____________
    Peryam Kroll 773-774-3155 http://www.pk-research.com/
    Precision Research 847-390-8666 http://www.preres.com/signup/
    Questions and Marketing Research 708-479-3200 www.QandM.com
    Savitz Field and Focus 312-377-1200 www.savitzpanel.com
    Time and Talent 773-202-3500 www.tntmarketresearch.com

These are the numbers for the companies that call for paid market research studies-focus groups. Just call or go to their website to get entered into their data base and you will start getting called periodically for focus groups. Some of these agencies call more then others and have more then one location then the phone number listed.

Bosh

22. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    This weekend, my dad bought 10 chicks.

As in baby chickens. Half of them will look like this. The other 5 are a different breed that comes in a variety of colors, looks like we have two white, and three brown/buffs.

They are laying hens, so my parents will have eggs coming out of their ears.

My dad said it was payback for all the times my mom has randomly brought home cats or dogs. Since I was home this weekend, I was vastly amusing by the whole thing. My parents had talked about getting chickens in the past, but this wasn't exactly a planned event.

However, we are animal lovers, and 2 day old chicks are really cute, so mom got over her annoyance and we are busy planning the coop & henhouse and learning that chickens are actually kind of funny to watch.

The black and white ones have been designated the stormtroopers, because they will all look the same, and as a group they are much more assertive and adventurous. The two white ones will probably be Leia and Mon Mothma, and one of the buff ones really likes to try to fly, so that will be Luke, and we?re keep an eye out to see if a ?Vader? emerges. Yes, they are all girls, but whatever.

My family is vastly, vastly amusing. Pictures when I get them!

~H~

23. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya know.....

That bit of info about your parents really finalized a lot of the questions I had about you.

:D

24. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    When I'm feeling down
    And feeling sad
    You come around
    And make me glad
    I got you
    Oh, my little chicken

I love your feet
    I love your breasts
    I love the way you eat gravel
    To help you digest
    Oh, my little chicken

People say you're using me
    In your heart you're a killer
    But I know the worst
    I should fear is
    A slight case of salmonella
    So lie right back
    Don't you cry
    If an egg can fit in there
    Why can't I.....mmmmmmm
    Oh my little

Bawk, Bawk, Bawk, Bawk
    Bawk, Bawk, Bawk, Bawk
    Bawk, Bawk, Bawk, Bawking Bawk,
    Bawk, Bawk, Bawking Bawk

You're my love
    My little chicken likes
    To wear garter belts

"My Little Chicken" -Adam Sandler

25. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    OK, so he bought 10 chickens. Don't you need, <cough>, a rooster for the laying of eggs part? Granted, I was a chemistry major, not biology, but that's how I understood these things generally work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.