Blatent drive for post #......er....what number are we on?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by JediJeff13, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait - wasn't Action that totally piece of crapola with Jay Mohr??? Now there are a lot of things you and I don't agree on, Bob, but I think you have really hit bottom on that one. Action stunk more than Rerun jumping into a manure filled pool after running a marathon in 120 degree weather while wearing a leather body suit wiped down with a summer sausage.
  2. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie.

-Le Penguin
    "If I crapped in a fountain pen, I could write someting better than that."
  3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I really liked Action. I thought it was a very clever satire on Hollywood and the film industry. That's one I would hope would eventually be released on DVD. There were a few episodes that FX aired that Fox didn't show. I missed those and would really love to see them.

Phil
  4. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Action had great writing and just the right kind of over-the-top acting. I can sorta see how someone coming across it while flipping channels might've found it a little abrasive, but then again, Jeff's just an idiot.

You hear that, you sticks-livin' freak!? I called you an IDIOT. I'd call you worse, but your wife and children have already beaten me to it.

BURN!

-Le Penguin
    "I'm priceless!"
  5. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Oh, and by the way:

Phil, I've got all 13 eps. Unfortunately, they're crammed onto a single EP tape, so trying to transfer them off it would result in mush.

Also, I read an interview with Jay Mohr in which he states that it'll never be seen on DVD since the show was produced by FOX, Paramount, and Joel Silver's company. Thus, trying to divvy up the rights/royalties between them would turn into a word that rhymes with "busterduck."

Your (or anyone else's) best be would be to find the eps on eBay.

And don't try searching Kazaa with the keyword "Action." You'll pull up a whole lotta video that has little or nothing to do with Jay Mohr. Trust me.

-Le Penguin
    "Since I took over as president, our profits have been higher than Alyssa Milano."
  6. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a planetary kind of idiot.

"Suck it, Trebeck. Suck it long, and suck it hard."
  7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got back from New York City. Saw 4 musicals. Here's my review (for anyone who cares):

Hairspray with Harvey Feirstein. A decathalon....in that it's good in most events, but not great in any one. Singing was decent, acting was so-so (the lead was kind of dry). Comedy was funny, but certainly as softball as one can make John Waters. Fierstein was a great replacement for Devine. Two & 1/2 Stars.

The Boy From Oz with Hugh Jackman. Horrible, terrible, trite! Seeing Wolverine onstage was cool. He's a decent singer....and can dance. But WHY did he pick this horrible musical to make his Broadway debut?!?! Everyone else in it SUCKED. The songs are BAD BAD BAD (i.e. "The Moon And New York City" from Arthur and "I Go To Rio" by Pablo Cruise). It's also VERY difficult to buy Hugh Jackman as a gay man. The play is based on a true story about the late singer, dancer, song-writer Peter Alan...who's life was so unremarkable that it was boring even when they made stuff up. Half Star.

"Wonderful Town" starring Donna Murphy, whois being hailed as the modern queen of Broadway musicals (and is going to be playing Rosalie Octavius in Spiderman II [for all you geeks out there] ). Co-Starring Jennifer Westfeldt (aka Jessica Stein in Kissing Jessica Stein). This is a revival of "My Sister Eileen". Music by Bernstein...so of course you can't go wrong with that. AWESOME!! Dancing, music, comedy, acting all terriffic! Four Stars!

WICKED! starring Kristen Chenoweth, Idina Menzel & (Broadway legend) Joel Grey. Unbelievable! The production was incredible (Great Special Effects!). Singing, flawless! I'm in love with both leads! The story is very good and mature (which is kind of rare in the plastic-production times of modern Broadway). Wicked will probably be the next book I read. FOUR STARS!!!
  8. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought you were supposed to see Mark Hamill also?
  9. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Oooo, you saw Wicked. I am jealous. Definatly worth the read.[/color]
  10. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Polly Bergen hurt her ankle, and no one wante to see her understudy, so the Luke Skywalker play was cancelled. We saw Wonderful Town instead.

11. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't get this friggin' link to post. So..just cut n' paste. Anyway, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll puke your guts out.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BM41/104-9578203-6300741?v=glance&s=toys&n=508024&me=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG&vi=pictures&img=14
  12. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
  13. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd rather see Barbie as Oola and Ken as Yoda.
  14. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]How about a nice Barbie the Hutt?[/color]
  15. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Wondering what to get that special someone in your life for Christmas?
    Well think again if it was going to be a new shiny iPod!

I wonder how many of you knew that the iPod's battery will only last for 18 months?

Apple are selling the battery as a 'send-in replacement' for $200+ USD.

That's right about the cost of a new one.

So a couple of fellows decided to let all of the internet know the truth.
    click Here to see!
  16. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    This has to be commented on.

Samuari slaying

It's not that this guy got naked, killed his wife with a samuari sword, all the while yelling, "I am God!". I mean, who hasn't done that? It's that when the man lunged at police, one officer fired 14 rounds. The other officer, while not shooting a single bullet, managed to get hit by his partner in the chest and knee. The suspect was hit by some of the other 12 bullets, yet is in stable condition as they all hit him in the legs.

So you're a cop called to the scene of a crazy guy waving a sword. Somehow you manage to empty your pistol before your partner fires a shot AND, while only shooting the bad guy in the legs, you nail your partner square in the chest.

Hey, he was wearing a Kevlar vest. Shoot him a coupla more times, just for fun!
  17. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dig this one.

Maybe it's me, but the most amazing line in the story is "It was the same thing in Atlanta," Haslett said. "He'll learn....." and then what he says after that. I would have understood if he said a number half of what he said.

Just goes to show that if you are a sports star, you are held under a different level of expectation than the rest of us.
  18. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I know there are people out there who didn't like the latest "Spider-man" movie. As I am not one of them, I offer this:

Doctor Octopus

And I think I am going to loop Kirsten Dunst saying "Kiss me". If I play it enough times, I am sure that I'll start to believe she is talking directly to me...
  19. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody find that line ironic??? Kirsten asking Toby to kiss her? He never opens his fricking mouth!!!!

I'm sorry, but Toby sucks. He was a bad, bad choice for Spidey. Also factor in that the script on the first movie was crap. Please.....bring back the webhead's sarcasm. That's what made him fun.
  20. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    God, I hate football. Baseball has plenty of immature jerks unsuccessfully trying to act like men. Football is full of immature jerks who are happy just the way they are.

To quote George Will (how's that for turning the tables!) "Fottball embodies two of the worst aspects of American life. It's violence punctuated by committee meetings." I think we can add "pointless grandstanding" to that sentence also, George.

The worst part is, people are talking about fining these guys for this crap. How is that effective? 25,000 dollars means nothing to people with $8 million-plus salaries. Besides, it's not illegal to be an @ss in the U.S., it's just stupid; they shouldn't need to be fined at all.

Remember a few years ago when Sosa got back from Japan and started doing that dumb little bow to the fans after every home run? No one fined him, they just said "Sammy... c'mon." Soon enough, he got the message that it was unsportsmanlike and he just stopped. (Sammy still does that little hop thingy, but that's a debate for another thread.)

In conclusion: Jeff sucks.

-Le Penguin
    "I love baseball because Hank Aaron is the first name alphabetically, because of Steve Bartman and Pedro vs. Zimmer, and because of all the other many bizarre circumstances and moments that make it clear that, while God doesn't play dice games with the universe, he does play Rotisserie Ball. I love it, not just because of the numbers, but because they're the only numbers people recognize, because .406, 56, 755 are more familiar than our cash machine numbers. I love it because where the game is played is almost as important as the game itself. I love it because they let you keep the ball when it goes into the stands. I love it because of the home run trot. I love it because of box scores.

I love our national pastime because a Japanese player was the American League MVP two years ago and a Dominican player won it last year while a French-Canadian just won the Cy Young and an African-American just won the NL MVP for the third year in a row. I love baseball because, as the national pastime, it is held to a higher standard than the other sports. I love it because even with all the anguish over steroids, one of the best players in the world is 5-foot-9 and weighs 170 pounds.

I love it because you almost never see players taken off the field in a stretcher. I love it because even though there are the same number of boors and SOBs as anywhere else, more people laugh and joke about themselves than in other sports. I love it because it's fun.

I love it because when players talk about baseball, they refer to it as a game instead of a war."

[edited for spelling]
  21. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I totally agree with every word out of the bird's mouth. Even the part about how I suck.

Professional sports in this country has really gone to the incredibly inane. Who ever saw Sweetness showboat after busting a 25 yard scamper down the sidelines, none the less a 4 yard run that the players nowadays have to act like morons about. DiMaggio, Stan the Man or Moose never stood at home plate like a snobby statue as one of their blasts left the yard. Wilt the Stilt or Pistol Pete never jumped around with ants in the shorts after a little 10 foot bunny shot.

It's sad. Sports are supposed to be fun. Sports are supposed to be entertaining. Sports are not supposed to be a way to make someone else feel like dogsh*t. I've got a great Dennis Miller rant about sports at home. I'll type it up later.

And Bob.....you suck more.
  22. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Once in a while, JediJeff does not suck.
  23. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey......I'm like a broken clock. Every so often, I'm okay. But not for very long.

:D
  24. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeff, hope you liked the Mosta-e-coli I left for you.
  25. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The Los Straitjackets Christmas Pageant was last night at Abbey Pub, and it was phenomenal. How can you beat surf-guitar holiday music, band members in mexican wrestling masks, and a 50s-style trio of dancing girls, all for $15?

They're playing again tonight (the last show of the tour!) in Berwyn. Find info on the show and the band here:
    http://www.straitjackets.com/

And don't forget the ladies:
    http://www.pontanisisters.com/

Even if you can't make the show, check out the music. Good stuff.

-Le Penguin
    "The cat is near the chair."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.