Chic, IL Blatent drive for post #......er....what number are we on?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    As another Cancer, I too winced when I saw that, but then I remember, Valentines' Day means Bowling!
  2. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I just realized, and felt I should point out, that what I posted was actually last week's horoscope. So there's a new one out there someplace... I typed that in from an actual paper copy that I snagged from the bookstore last night.

Yeah, Valentine's Day does mean bowling this year, but since I started out the year in a budding relationship and am now single... that's not entirely equal compensation. *sigh*
  3. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya mean this horoscope:

Aries: (March 21?April 19)
    Everything has to start somewhere. In spite of what you claim happened, the enraged bull elephant couldn't have just "come out of nowhere."

Taurus: (April. 20?May 20)
    It's beginning to look like you'll never understand that ruffled skirts don't look good with colored stockings, especially on men with legs like yours.

Gemini: (May 21?June 21)
    In a neat but unfortunate melding of rhetorical and actual elements, you'll get stuck in a rut and wake up in a ditch this week.

Cancer: (June 22?July 22)
    You're easy to talk to once people get to know you, but holding your personal audiences on a throne of bloody skulls tends to put them off at first.

Leo: (July 23?Aug. 22)
    While it's true that anger sex is some of the best sex you've ever had, it's still not a great way to resolve conflicts in the boardroom.

Virgo: (Aug. 23?Sept. 22)
    Economic trends are highly unpredictable, so don't be alarmed when your head's suddenly worth $10 million.

Libra: (Sept. 23?Oct. 23)
    Relax: You're not the first person to pray for help with your diet, only to have a jealous God send visions of delicious, creamy fudge.

Scorpio: (Oct. 24?Nov. 21)
    The next time you decide to run amok at a dog show, the Holy Sisters of St. Augustine respectfully ask that you leave them out of it.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22?Dec. 21)
    Remember that everyone has embarrassing moments, although it's true what you say: Theirs don't last for nine years.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22?Jan. 19)
    It's admirable that you're not getting all paranoid, especially considering the fact that everyone is plotting to take away everything you have.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20?Feb. 18)
    You'll fail to win your case against television, even though there is no disputing that it transported you to faraway places while you were trying to get laundry done.

Pisces: (Feb. 19?March 20)
    You know, maybe the fits are worth the hours of blissful unconsciousness afterwards.

And yes, we have plans for you, Bosh.
  4. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Jeff... I knew we could depend on you.

Then again, if you're so dependable, why did I have to post last week's horoscopes a week late???

Jeff, you suck! ;)
  5. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The OT finally on DVD, Angel's being cancelled, and the freakin' Yankees have A-Rod...

... has the world gone topsy-turvy!?

-Le Penguin
    "gimme that biscotti!"
  6. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a test. This is only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have been given better instructions.
  7. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ah, President's Day...

http://www.southknoxbubba.net/skblog/archive_2004_02.php#2635

-Le Penguin
    "Now I got no patience
    So sick of complacence"
  8. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    The next time you decide to run amok at a dog show, the Holy Sisters of St. Augustine respectfully ask that you leave them out of it.

[face_laugh]

Ironic, considering I watched Best in Show this weekend (go rent it, it's funny).

~H~
  9. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I object to the stereotyping of Cancers in that last horoscope! Let the record show that every skull was thoroughly cleaned of blood before being added to my throne!

(edit)
    Why? Because bloodstains on my robes of power simply will not do!
  10. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "Guess who's back, back again
    Maddux's back, tell a friend
    Guess who's back, guess who's back,
    guess who's back, guess who's back,
    guess who's back, guess who's back,
    guess who's back..."

-Le Penguin
    "Poot slap! poot slap!
    Dog!
    Poot slap dog!"
  11. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speachless with joy.
  12. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm speechless too...........

And Maddux will be too when the Cubs choke again.
  13. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I can tell you are overjoyed with your new manager Ozzie G., and feel sorry for us that we got a Hall of Fame pitcher. I mean I know I would what the situation to be reversed.

:p
  14. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Who cares.

Let's talk about more important things.
  15. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    What, like how many Twinkies will Big Hurt sock down before each at-bat this year?

Which local media personality will be assaulted outside Comisk-- excuse me, U.S. Cellular Field after a night game?

What heretofore unknown player will have a futile, Esteban-esque breakout season to serve as the lone bright spot on an otherwise crappy team?

How many times will my uncle say "yeah, but the Sox still took four out of six from the Cubs in the regular season!" while we sit around and watch Prior, Wood, and Maddux in October?

Which team will get Maggs at the trade deadline, and how little will they have to give up for him?

The answer to these questions, and more, is of course: "let's talk about more important things."

-Le Penguin
    "It might be, it could be... it is!"
  16. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I never argue with anyone whose alter-ego goes by the last name of "Murder"....
  17. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya know what would be cool in Episode III (which means it can't happen). If they paid homage to The Godfather....

A cool mix of scenes where it switches back and forth between Palpatine coronating Anakin as "Lord" and the Clone Troopers slaughtering the Jedi.

EPISODE III SPOILER (From www.starwars.com) BELOW.

Hazmatt pointed out the "General Grievous" character to me today...the lame one who, in Episode III is going to be an "Unstoppable Cyborg Jedi Terminator" (where ever do you get your ideas George!?!?)
    Anyway, I wonder if, since we've all been lead to believe that it's Vader who went out and slaughtered all these Jedi, that it's in fact General Grievous. Anakin destroys Grevous...but after he gets jacked up by Obi-Wan (we're assuming). He uses the cyborg parts from Grevous to rebuild himself. So, Vader/Grevous would have slaughtered all those Jedi.....from a certain point of view.

18. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    And which Chgo baseball team brought home a World Series trophy last year???

Correct - NONE. So until the Flubs actually do something besides finish 4th in the World Series, shut up.
  19. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought the sparrow's note from heaven,
    Singing at dawn on the alder bough;
    I brought him home in his nest at even;?
    He sings the song, but it pleases not now;
    For I did not bring home the river and sky;
    He sang to my ear; they sang to my eye.

The delicate shells lay on the shore;
    The bubbles of the latest wave
    Fresh pearls to their enamel gave;
    And the bellowing of the savage sea
    Greeted their safe escape to me;
    I wiped away the weeds and foam,
    And fetched my sea-born treasures home;
    But the poor, unsightly, noisome things
    Had left their beauty on the shore
    With the sun, and the sand, and the wild uproar.

Whoa......where did those girly feelings come from?
  20. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It'a been a physically and emotionally stressful and painful week, and it's only Tuesday. In times like this, there's only one place a brother can turn:

http://www.zombo.com/

-Le Penguin
    "The unobtainable is unknown..."
  21. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
  23. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    But what number cat are you in the crazy cat lady's house, you Capricorns?

Aries: (March 21?April 19)
    God will offer a heartfelt apology to the human race for His insensitivity after creating you, an obvious human-racial caricature.

Taurus: (April. 20?May 20)
    Everybody starts his or her life as a tiny blastula. Thanks to a pair of mad scientists and their temporal-reversal ray, you'll be the first person to end life as one, too.

Gemini: (May 21?June 21)
    You're starting to suspect that the story of how Mommy and Daddy met actually involved fewer rainbows and unicorns and more booze and Camaros.

Cancer: (June 22?July 22)
    Everyone worries about what Fate has in store for them, but don't fret. You won't feel a thing.

Leo: (July 23?Aug. 22)
    Tom Jones is a born showman and a true professional. He's not going to stop his whole show, even if he does see you in the audience.

Virgo: (Aug. 23?Sept. 22)
    Your spouse is finally getting tired of your ****. Find some other way to spice things up in the bedroom.

Libra: (Sept. 23?Oct. 23)
    After a lifetime of trying to be quixotic, you've only achieved a vague sort of windmill-otic quality.

This week marks a personal transformation when you're doused in kerosene, set ablaze, and somehow transformed into a beacon of hope and love.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22?Dec. 21)
    With railroads continuing their decades-long slide into obsolescence, one would think you'd be responsible for fewer locomotive crashes.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22?Jan. 19)
    You have no concept of time, accountability, or common courtesy, which is only forgivable because you're a pretty house cat.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20?Feb. 18)
    Well, let that be a lesson to you about going around throwing out bathwater without checking its contents first.

Pisces: (Feb. 19?March 20)
    Replacing you with a machine would have been overkill. Your functions are being handled by a hideous piece of public art.
  24. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    le pen....

Angel got cancelled?

crap....it has been really good this year...last year was pretty lousy....well...in my opinion....

25. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.