main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Blatnet Drive for No Good Reason

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Le_Penguin, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Another post because research is just to hard.

Was it a AAT or a MTT that almost ran down JarJar in the begining of Phantom Menance. My money is on a AAT, but I've been wrong before.

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Not knowing the difference, I'll say an MTT. I remember reading that somewhere, I think.

OK, looking up what "ATT" and "MTT" stand for, it was definately an MTT. The big, brown thing that hauled the battledroids around.

3. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Thank you, I knew the difference between initials, but couldn't remember which nearly ran down Jar Jar

4. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Ewoks rule, even Darth Maul agrees.

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Seeing Darth Maul cuddling up with an Ewok doll is more traumatic than "Manos, the Hands of Fate"...

6. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    On a completely new tangent... Rex? You might want to change your signature line. It's cutting us off. ;)

7. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    WEB COMICS!

Gotta love 'em... anyone have any favorites out there? (and Carrie, what's the link for PvP?)

Bonus points for Star Wars references in a webcomic!

8. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    OK, it's not like I haven't complained about the local radio ads enough, but dag-nabbit, they're horrible!

The latest offender is a local credit union. Here's how the ad starts:

"Which came first, the nest-egg or the IRA? The IRA, of course."

OK, so what they are saying, is that before the Individual Retirement Account was created by financial institutions, no one ever saved any money? And even that, the whole term of "nest egg" coming from birds in the great outdoors thousands of years before humans even traded shiny rocks as currency?

AAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

9. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Hey Thom, the link is http://www.pvponline.com

Is my favorite, I read it every day. Scott Kurtz's strip is about the staff of Player Vs Player gaming magazine. The staff includes Cole, who refuses to play most modern games, and sticks to Pac-Mac, Bret, the smarmy art director who dates, Jade, the resident femme who loves Everquest but can frag with the best of them, Francis which now that I think of it, reminds me of Sithman :), and Skull the intern, who happens to be a 400 pound, neuter troll. With special apperences by Marcy, aka DevilFish on Diablo and the evil Max Powers, who, well is evil.
    Of course I get the bounus points for this, because there are a ton of pop references in this strip, including Star Wars. Theforce.net has referenced these spots in the humor section. The site is updated daily and carries an archive that goes back a couple of years, so plenty to read.
    And for you comic fans, PvP #1 from Image comics just came out with a Frank Cho cover. Great Witchblade joke on the back cover. There is also six issues out there from Dork Storm Press. #2 covers spoofs the Fantastic Four #1 cover and is great, following our intrepid hereos through a rpg superhero game. #3 is done in complete manga style. #4 is a Christmas special. #5 has a great Matrix parody. #6 is another chapter in the ongoing Jade and Bret love saga.
    Phew! Is that enough? What are you waiting for? Go check it out!

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Also, I want to mention PvP Striptease, a reprint of various web comics. Very Good!

And for those who don't want to read the entire archive, (tho I recommend it.) I've found some of the strips. Alas, I couldn't find my favorite one, so if anyone finds the Stormtrooper and Ewoks one, let me know the date.

Starts on Jan 17th The PvP crew making a fanfilm
    April 12th One day only, takes a shot at the PM
    May 23 One Day, just insert Galaxies instead of Galatic Battles and it's even funnier
    Starts on Aug 13 AOTC, make sure to check out the 18th
    Oct 27th One Day, Halloween costumes
    Jan 2 & 3, Misc
    Starts on Feb 4th Franics gets in line for Ep III
    Starts on Feb 18 PvP staff plays the SW RPG, 501st will certainly appreciate some of these.
    March 26 One day, Running gag, SW style
    Starts on April 26 Time to go Ep II toy hunting

Enjoy

11. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    For the next Costume Club project I think we should make Ewok Pelt coats...if we can get the stink out first that is.

Bosh

12. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    My favorite web comic would have to be Sluggy Freelance. It dances between drama and humor, frequently venturing into parody, with a cast of characters that includes Torg (freelance web-designer, good-hearted but not too quick on the uptake sometimes), Riff (freelance bum & inventor), Zoe (cute, and the most normal character in the strip), Gwynn (Zoe's friend & formerly-possessed witch), Bun-bun (switchblade-wielding Rabbit of Evil), Kiki (Curious. Ferret!), Aylee (cute other-dimensional alien), and many more! Great fun from the very first strip (in which we learn one of the many practical uses of the Internet ;) )

13. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Sin Fest

It is too varied to even describe. You will become addicted.

14. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  15. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    HazMatt's link for Sin Fest reminded me of an invaluable source for anyone in search of a new web comic... namely, Keenspot. There are more webcomics there than any sane person could possibly follow....

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry you Sagittarians....I was a little late telling you this:

Aries: (March 21?April 19)
    You'll prove an unwritten law of travel when your postcards arrive a week after your coffin is flown back.

Taurus: (April. 20?May 20)
    It's not the hammer of life that's going to beat you down this week, but the hammer of Gene Dubrowski, a local roofer.

Gemini: (May 21?June 21)
    You will nearly drown when your classically educated mother submerges you in the Ohio River to give you invincibility.

Cancer: (June 22?July 22)
    Rocket skates, giant magnets, and anvils are all well and good, but as the new president of Acme, you're expected to come up with the next Swiffer.

Leo: (July 23?Aug. 22)
    They said they'd be right back after those important messages, but the messages weren't all that important and it's been almost 14 years.

Virgo: (Aug. 23?Sept. 22)
    You will gain a much greater understanding of what makes women tick when you take one apart and study her in minute detail.

Libra: (Sept. 23?Oct. 23)
    Your constant whining about your shoeless condition will continue unabated even after you see a man who has no feet.

Scorpio: (Oct. 24?Nov. 21)
    Your life takes a sudden aggressive and violent turn when you start asking yourself how General Patton would handle workplace conflicts.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22?Dec. 21)
    About this upcoming Thursday: Let that be a lesson to you about whom you loan power tools, money, and gasoline.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22?Jan. 19)
    Those you love most will soon gather together with you and ask a judge to put you away for as long as the law allows.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20?Feb. 18)
    The older you get, the more you're convinced that we were all put in this retirement home for a reason.

Pisces: (Feb. 19?March 20)
    Learn to appreciate the little joys that life provides, as three days won't give you much time for the big joys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.