main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bleeding Hearts call Anakin a mass murderer

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by 0Bl-WAN, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0Bl-WAN

0Bl-WAN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    The people that call Anakin a mass murderer are the same sort that worry about the abundance of recreation time for the terrorists at Guantanamo Bay.

If a pack of wolves dragged your mother away and tortured her to death what would you do? Would you ask the wolves which ones were responsible? Would you lift their legs to make sure you only punished males? The Tuskens 'walk like men, but they are animals.' That wasn't rhetoric.

Anakin is not a murderer. The problem isn't that he killed the Tuskens. It's that he lost control of his emotion to the degree that led him to it. The fear is that Anakin could possibly get that mad again (and perhaps he could hurt someone who doesn't deserve it.) If Lucas really intended that Anakin be considered a murderer, he would not have made Anakin continue to be the heroic Jedi that he is the rest of the movie.

Only the worst bleeding heart, communist liberals would defend the Tusken Raiders from taking responsibility for their evil actions. All the Tuskens ever do is kill people, or try to. Other than Shmi, they had just killed 26 people from the Mos Eisley homesteads. ...and severed Cliegg Lars' leg. Of course they also killed a pod racer in TPM (the one who's family was thoroughly introduced.) ...and they tried to kill Anakin in TPM and Luke in ANH. All other manner of alien gets along on Tattoine, but the Tuskens kill them without cause (or merely for fun.)

I'm closing this before it gets out of hand.

2. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    I agree. Not just about the tuskens, but the bleeding heart liberals and the guantanemo bay thing. And commie liberals they are, yes...Mrrmmmhhmmm

3. Hector

Hector Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Sure, Anakin wept because he did the right thing.

...yeeeaaaaaahhhhhh....

4. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    He should have just killed the men and let nature take care of the women and children :)

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Anakin shouldn´t have killed the tuskens, they were no threat for the moment.
    And in TPM, it was Teemto that died, not Ratts ;)

Other than that, your right.

6. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Legally it wasn't a mass murder. Not even a "simple murder", since the judge should consider his emotional state... (trust me with this: I'm just preparing to my final law exam ;) )

Tuskens of course are not animals, neither terrorists, communists, nacis or I don't know... (to tell the truth they are a bit like the old Indian tribes) On Tatooine it is not a crime to kill some Tuskens - I'm sure no one will hold him responsible - only himself.

7. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    You're absolutely right! Anakin's no murderer, those women and children surely deserved to be slaughtered by a guardian of peace. And the Empire is far better than that leftie rubble alliance, led by that ultra-commie himself, Luke Skywalker. Talk about pathetic heart-bleeder, cying for that murderous Vader...

no wait...

8. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    "Tuskens of course are not animals, neither terrorists, communists, nacis or I don't know... (to tell the truth they are a bit like the old Indian tribes)"

I don't remember hearing of any Indian tribes that just killed, pillaged, and attacked their whole lives. That's all Tuskens do :)

9. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Congratulations, OBI-WAN. You missed the point of the central event in AOTC: The beginning of Anakin's descent into the dark side.

10. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    The Indians were just fighting for their homes like the Tusken do.

11. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    At least there were Indians who traded and were peaceful. Tuskens are just always violent.

12. Hector

Mar 24, 2001
    0BI-WAN is clearly well-versed in the intracacies of Tusken culture, after having seen their 45-seconds of screen time.

13. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Charlie, you are a Tusken expert! :)

(Read the novelizations please both TPM and AOTC, and you will find interesting things about Tuskens)

14. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    Isn't this the movie forum and not the novel forum? Not once in the movies are Tuskens portrayed as peaceful :p

And I have read the AotC novel. Nothing in it described the Tuskens as being peaceful.

15. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Wanna start a cannon debate? :p

16. Hector

Mar 24, 2001
    Again, 45-seconds of screen time. I guess Palpatine must be a saint, since we never see him do anything bad.

17. Charlie_Martel

Sep 8, 2001
    What do cannons have to do with Star Wars? In Star Wars they have lasers :D

18. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    :D

Anyway you can find some information there: Anakin during TPM had very good connection with Tuskens and in AOTC it is written that they honored Shmi some strange way. Different culture, sure, and not a bunch of saints at all.

19. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Right on Obi-Wan. I totally agree with you. It was Anakin's complete lack of emotional control in that situation that was wrong. Not the fact that he killed tuskens. *Adds Obi-Wan to WUL*

20. 0Bl-WAN

0Bl-WAN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Binary_Sunset, I wrote about 3 paragraphs that you obviously didn't read. I made full mention that it was a bad thing that Anakin did. But it wasn't bad because the Tuskens died. It was bad because Anakin lost control of his anger. A Jedi that doesn't have control over his anger is a danger to everyone he is near. Anakin has demonstrated that he can lose control. That is the tragedy. Not the deaths of the terrible monsters.

...and for those of you that say Tuskens are not animals...what makes you say that? They walk on two legs, like a velociraptor, or a baboon, or a man. But they are incapable of participating in a mutually beneficial relationship with any other life form.

21. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    could it be that maybe the tuskens are some mean mofo's, but that a protector of peace should not lose control of his feelings and slaughter all the mean mofo's that did him wrong?
    to defend all those that believe in the essential goodness of mankind, i have to point out that communism is a system of economics, and therefore has nothing to do with feelings or any such, nor does it have a place in this discussion, other than for OB1 wan to attack everyone that disagrees with him.
    if it was me in anakin's situation i would have done whatever was necessary to get the corpse back to the homestead, and left the rest to be savage or whatever.
    but that's just me. and i believe strongly that capitalism is the only system that works to an extent.

22. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Heads up one and all - If you have read the novelezation, you see that it is a two part action, in TPM novelazation, Anakin aids a fallen Tusken and is spared when his associates come - therefore when his mother is taken a tortured to death to see how much those settlers can stand, it ignites the rage that Jedi training is supposed to overcome
    action two - Anakin uses his skills not just as defense, but as revenge - he continues his attack past causing the remainder of the tribe to flee - he wipes them out to the last one. Defending himself to get away with Shmi's body is one thing - he knew he went way beyond that mandate
    Reb

23. Hector

Mar 24, 2001
    0BI-WAN,

Wrong. We see him lose control throughout the movie. If that was the only point, the Tusken scene is moot.

24. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    Hey Archie Bunker is a member of the JC. 8-}

25. AGGIE_WAN_KENOBI

AGGIE_WAN_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2001
    Communist liberals . . . oh my word.

Let my heart bleed for a moment.

Q: Were the Tuskens wrong for killing Shmi and the search party?
    A: Yes

Q: Were the Nazis wrong for killing the Jews?
    A: Yes

Q: Would it be justified to kill German children for the sins of their fathers?
    A: No

Q: Is it justified for Anakin to kill women and children Tuskens?
    A: No

Killing the innocent is murder. Plus I thought that scene was right on the money (except for those freaking wipes and editing blunders)

My heart has stopped bleeding, as you would say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.