main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bleeding Love- Luke/Mara songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Title: Bleeding Love
    Author(s): Aurra
    Timeframe: post-VOTF
    Characters: Mara, Luke, a little Leia
    Genre: romance
    Summary: Mara and Luke's wedding, Mara POV
    Notes: Based on the song of the same name by Leona Lewis

Bleeding Love

Mara Jade ran a hand over the soft curls of her fiery hair, specially arranged for this most important of days. She watched her reflection in the mirror as she did so, and realized with a start that her slender fingers trembled with fear. Her hand curled into a defiant fist, and she smacked it down hard on her thigh. This did nothing to quell the pounding of her heart, bound tightly under the white fabric of her wedding gown. She sucked in a calming breath, reaching out to the Force for peace. It gave her none, ony more anxiety as she sensed the gathering of beings just down the hall, in the room where Luke Skywalker waited to claim her as his bride.

Luke. Her naïve, adorable little farmboy. If ever there was a more unlikely pair, Mara had no idea who. They were from completely different worlds, traveled in opposing circles. He was the hero of the Rebellion, Mr. I-Can-Save-The-Galaxy-With-A-Wave-Of-My-Hand. And she...she was the former assassin of the most vile man to ever call himself human. And yet he had found it somewhere within that heart of gold to love her.

A tear formed in the corner of her right eye, and she brushed it away gently.

Closed off from love
    I didn't need the pain
    Once or twice was enough
    And it was all in vain
    Time starts to pass
    Before you know it you're frozen

But something happened
    For the very first time with you
    My heart melts into the ground
    Found something true
    And everyone's looking round
    Thinking I'm going crazy

But I don't care what they say
    I'm in love with you
    They try to pull me away
    But they don't know the truth
    My heart's crippled by the vein
    That I keep on closing
    You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding
    Keep, keep bleeding love
    I keep bleeding
    I keep, keep bleeding love
    Keep bleeding
    Keep, keep bleeding love
    You cut me open

A knock sounded on her door. Mara turned to face it, struggling to compose herself. "Yes?" she called, and was glad that her voice betrayed none of her nervousness.

"Everything's ready, Mara, whenever you are," Luke's sister's voice came softly from the other side.

"Okay," Mara answered, and shuffled under the voluminous skirt to the door. She opened it, peering outside at Leia Organa Solo.

Leia smiled brilliantly. "You look just beautiful, Mara."

"Thank you," she fought down a blush. It wasn't often that she was put on display like this, but she knew as soon as she took the first step down that aisle, hundreds of people would be staring at nothing but her.

The former Chief of State lay a dove-like hand on her bare shoulder. "Don't worry. It'll be fine." This time all Mara could manage was a nod. "I'm going to go take a seat," the other woman continued.

"I'm coming," Mara sighed and stepped outside her dressing room, closing the door gently behind her. Leia walked with her in silence to the entrance, then with a final parting smile, stepped inside and went to take her place at the front with Han Solo.

Mara stood there alone, a single white rose clutched in her hands, waiting for the music to start. She could hear the small murmurs of the crowd inside, and feel their curiosity bouncing off the stone walls. Her own doubts were echoed in them. She was a loner, and Luke was a Jedi Master with more responsibilities than any one man should have. They were by all standards an ill fit. No one saw their marriage as something that was going to last.

Trying hard not to hear
    But they talk so loud
    Their piercing sounds fill my ears
    Try to fill me with doubt
    Yet I know that the goal
    Is to keep me from falling

But nothing's greater
    Than the rush that comes with your embrace
    And in this world of loneliness
    I see your face
    Yet everyone around me
    Thinks that I'm going crazy, maybe, maybe

The music began,

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    I wondered how long it would be until someone songfic'd this...

[face_love] Loved it....especially this part:

Mara squeezed his hand, and turned to face the altar. She promptly forgot everyone else in the room, their penetrating eyes and judgmental looks. Luke was the reason for her every breath, the beat of her heart. They could no sooner separate them from their love of each other than divide a star. As long as he was always there hold her hand, just like this, she could conquer every trial and tribulation. They would all see, one day. Their hateful words could cut, but she would only bleed love

Fan-freaking-tastic!=D= So Luke and Mara!

Nice fic!

CJM

3. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    beautiful! perfect characterization and all. That was just amazing!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Very nicely done! :D I like that you told this from Mara's POV. Just perfect.

Bravo! =D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gorgeous!!! SQUGGLES!!! Absolutely perfect, every syllable!!! [face_love] :* [face_love] SQUGGLES! again!!!

Please PM the Luke_Mara_Index with a link to this yummy so it can be included. [face_batting] @};-

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Luke. Her naïve, adorable little farmboy. If ever there was a more unlikely pair, Mara had no idea who. They were from completely different worlds, traveled in opposing circles. He was the hero of the Rebellion, Mr. I-Can-Save-The-Galaxy-With-A-Wave-Of-My-Hand. And she...she was the former assassin of the most vile man to ever call himself human. And yet he had found it somewhere within that heart of gold to love her.
    [face_love][:D][face_love]

And then Luke Skywalker had practically been dropped into her lap. For a while he had been someone to focus her anger and frustration on, but for some reason the Jedi was a very hard person to hate. He had been the one person to understand the fortress constructed around her heart, and so had easily torn it down. When she had been the most unloveable, he had loved her. In such a situation, what else was she to do but give him all of her?

Agreeing to marry Luke had not been a hard decision at all. He had broken her, and then put the pieces back together again. She was whole only in his arms. The protection of his embrace kept the demons of her past at bay. He told her she was a good person, and she believed him.
    Lovely. Just lovely!! [face_love] The whole thing was so beautiful! @};- I loved it! SQUGGLES!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oh how beautiful!!!! ASR, that was positively breathtaking!!!! I'm grinning like an idiot here in my insanely hot house!

So perfect!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

8. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    *sigh*

I'm

Speechless

*sigh*

*sigh*

I love it...it's just so, well, there aren't words to describe how wonderful that was, you made my day.

Thank you..

MJR[face_love]

9. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    canadianjedimama

I wondered how long it would be until someone songfic'd this...

[face_laugh] Well it?s just such an awesome song?

Loved it....especially this part:

Thank you! I love that last paragraph, too.

Fan-freaking-tastic! So Luke and Mara!

Out of all the stuff I?ve written, this is my first exclusively L/M fic?so thank you!

Nice fic!

Gracias

Jedimaster_JainaSolo

beautiful! perfect characterization and all. That was just amazing!

Thank you so much!

Jade_Pilot

Very nicely done!

Thanks!

I like that you told this from Mara's POV. Just perfect.

I thought these particular insecurities about the wedding would be more like something Mara would worry about.

Bravo!

Thank you

Jade_eyes

Gorgeous!!! SQUGGLES!!! Absolutely perfect, every syllable!!! SQUGGLES! again!!!

Thank you!! This song just demanded to be put in a fic, LOL.

Please PM the Luke_Mara_Index with a link to this yummy so it can be included.

Already done.

dancing_star

Lovely. Just lovely!! The whole thing was so beautiful! I loved it! SQUGGLES!!

Thank you! It was nice to write some L/M much for once.

Irish_Jedi_Jade

Oh how beautiful!!!! ASR, that was positively breathtaking!!!! I'm grinning like an idiot here in my insanely hot house!

So perfect!!

Thank you so much! Since this is my first L/M exclusive fic, I?m really happy it?s getting such a good response.

mara_jade_rox

*sigh*

I'm

Speechless

*sigh*

*sigh*

I love it...it's just so, well, there aren't words to describe how wonderful that was, you made my day.

Thank you..

No, thank you! I?m so happy you enjoyed it that much!

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

That was amazing!!!! :D :D The lyrics worked perfectly with the picture you created. [face_love]

She kept her gaze on him as she slowly put one foot in front of other, reverting to one of her first and most basic lessons in combat: keep your eye on the target.
    I just love how Mara looked at this as any other job. [face_laugh] Whatever it takes to keep your composure. ;) :p

Great look into Mara's psyche at this point in her life. [face_love] :D

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderful job seeing the wedding thru Mara's eyes. [face_love] =D=

12. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    Jaina_and_Jag

That was amazing!!!! The lyrics worked perfectly with the picture you created.

Thanks! I loooove this song, so I just had to do a fic about it.

I just love how Mara looked at this as any other job. Whatever it takes to keep your composure.

I thought this would be a typical reaction for her. When she's stressed, revert back to her time as Emperor's Hand, and what she learned there.

Great look into Mara's psyche at this point in her life.

Thank you!!

Jedi-2B

Wonderful job seeing the wedding thru Mara's eyes.

Thank you!

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've been thinking that this song would make a great songfic, and I see I was right!

Mara squeezed his hand, and turned to face the altar. She promptly forgot everyone else in the room, their penetrating eyes and judgmental looks. Luke was the reason for her every breath, the beat of her heart. They could no sooner separate them from their love of each other than divide a star. As long as he was always there hold her hand, just like this, she could conquer every trial and tribulation. They would all see, one day. Their hateful words could cut, but she would only bleed love.

Beautiful! What's funny is that our macaw starts dancing and "singing" whenver this song comes on! [face_laugh] Apparently he likes it too! :p

14. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    I loved that great from mara's pov you did great you captured Luke and mara perfectly

15. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    VaderLVR64

I've been thinking that this song would make a great songfic, and I see I was right!

Thank you! I loved this song too much to NOT write something, :p

Beautiful! What's funny is that our macaw starts dancing and "singing" whenver this song comes on! Apparently he likes it too!

Thank you! And a macaw? [face_laugh] Well, at least he has good taste.

KaraJadeKim

I loved that

Thank you!

great from mara's pov you did great you captured Luke and mara perfectly

I thought Mara's POV made more sense than from Luke, considering the tone of the song. Thanks again!

And I want to give a great big THANK YOU to whoever nommed this for the Summer Awards!!!![:D]

16. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Awwww! Sweet; Mara's vulnerability shines through in her alone moments, and then, when faced with the obstacles ahead--she becomes the warrior that she is! Fearless...beautiful.=D= Completely Mara.

17. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Agreeing to marry Luke had not been a hard decision at all. He had broken her, and then put the pieces back together again.

The more I thought about this line, the more I loved it. It's so true - Luke indirectly caused the emperor's death, and then he falls in love with her. [face_love]

That was simply beautiful! =D=

18. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Ok, I know I already posted here---but this is too funny. I had just read this fic, and was heading out to a costuming event dressed as Mara and lo and behold this song came on the radio. Too funny!

19. aurrasingrules101

Apr 13, 2003
    celine

Awwww! Sweet; Mara's vulnerability shines through in her alone moments, and then, when faced with the obstacles ahead--she becomes the warrior that she is! Fearless...beautiful. Completely Mara.

Thank you! I'm so glad you approve! Those are the things that make Mara one of, if not the coolest EU character out there.

Ok, I know I already posted here---but this is too funny. I had just read this fic, and was heading out to a costuming event dressed as Mara and lo and behold this song came on the radio. Too funny!

[face_laugh] That's hilarious!

path-seeker

The more I thought about this line, the more I loved it. It's so true - Luke indirectly caused the emperor's death, and then he falls in love with her. That was simply beautiful!

Thank you! L/M is such a cool 'ship partly because of their rocky beginning.

20. Jaina_Jade_Fel

Jaina_Jade_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    Yah! Well that was a really good take on the L/M wedding and what was going through Mara's head. Very beautiful! [face_love]

I love Mara's POV!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.