main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blender Tutorials

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by WhisperingDeath, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes, hello, I recently downloaded Blender in hopes of creating the CG scene of my dreams (... yes on a free program, now don't ask again). Unfortunatly I have never touched a 3d app before and have absolutely no clue where to start. I followed the links to the tutorials on blender3d.com but unfortunatly even the most basic ones threw me for a loop.

So what I am looking for is a basic familiarisation program so I can figure out how to use the interface. And any other tutorials that you know of would be nice.

I know that padawan-nick has a great site for tutorials does it have any blender ones?

Thank you for your help! :)

2. Quin-Dara-Ken

Quin-Dara-Ken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Yep, I remember in my days we didn't have any TeeVee let alone any of those three dee appes or whatchamacall its. You whipper snappers want too much out of life, you gotta be like me. like grandpa.
    LOL! sorry I just had too, but I'm kinda in your situation, except now I've learned a lot in a short period of time.
    I don't have the links with me. but go to Google.com and type in "blender tutorials" on the search engine, look for the link to B@rt's place, his is simple and comprehensible. and browse on the google search engine links, they do have some extremely easy to understand tutorials, I just don't remember the name of them.

3. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Blender doesn't exactly have the most friendly interface, but once you get used to it, you can do quite a bit.

There were a couple good tutorials on the NaN site before the company filed for bankruptcy; I bet they're mirrored somewhere. In particular, one about making a castle was very helpful. I'll PM you more specifics. :)

4. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Oooh, that looks nice and will be REALLY useful soon but only one small problem... I have no clue how to use the interface! It says, set the number of frames in your animation to 150... how? Create a shape... how?

Yes, it is that bad, what I need is an interface tutorial! :_|

But thank you for the link, I was able to find 2 other tutorial pages too :D Which will come in quite handy once I know how to do anything more complicated that start the program :(

5. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    did you go to blenderwars.com?

6. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Go to Blenderwars.com and check out the learning path.
    -Lokmer

7. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    I downloaded the things from blenderwars but haven't looked at their tutorials... that was a stupid thing to overlook huh? Thanx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.