main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blenderwars.com down for server maintainance

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by lokmer, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Since there's a great bit of cross-polination between the two communities, I wanted to let you guys know that Blenderwars.com is offline for server upgrades, and should be back up in a couple of hours.
    -Lokmer
    Site owner
    Blenderwars.com

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Ohh okay... I was wondering why I couldn't get on. Thanks Lok!

-Paul

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    whew, i got that "Red Hat Server" thig message and immediatly started backing up the entire site! :p

I really *really* hope our SQL server made it through the move, you should have told me lok, i'd have double-backed it up

¤Night

4. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    I'm backing it up as we speak, as well. After further consultations with the hosting service, it seems that something killed the httpd process and they couldn't resurrect it immediately. I'm supposed to hear from them sometime tonight, and the site should be back up late tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys posted here.

But, just to re-iterate: ALL the data is still there. FTP and mail work, it's just HTTP that's hosed.
    -Lokmer

5. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    do you run blenderwars lok?

6. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Yup. I own the site and am kind of the uber-guy there, though lately dart_paul and Night4554 have been doing most of the maintainance work since I've been busy doing my movie.

The site started with a thread here at TFN Fanfilms, when Saeed Sadiq got to asking me about freeware. Soon enough Paul, Melvil, and some others joined in, and it got to big for that one thread, so we went and started Blenderwars.

-Lokmer

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Hey Lok, any word yet on when we're going to be back up? I see that we're still down; this is obviously much longer than anticipated. Any guesses?

-Paul

8. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Just got off the phone with them. They're swearing up and down that it should be up sometime this afternoon. Hopefully they're not just stringing me along. At this point, I'd be happy if they just reloaded from scratch and let me restore the backups.
    -Lokmer

9. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    We're back up!

:)

¤Night

10. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
  11. lokmer