main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blind Date - Wes/Shalla - Four Scene Fic - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    ooohh...who is this strange sexy man that knows Wes?

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    DOY, YAY! Lots of Copy-paste. hehe. I'm actually finishing the fic tonight, and I'll give you guys the rest of it sometime over the weekend or early next week. LOL to Dodo. That has to suck. Now I just have to come up with a new project. :p I'm glad you've been enjoying the fic. You're one of the people I wrote it for.

Jacen, actually, he plays a rather minor role in the story.

~Inyri

3. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    He he he, Some "Get-Even-With-Wes-Scheme" :D
    So, now, how do we make it so Tria and Mystery Man fall in love in, *looks at watch*, 15 minutes, run off, and leave Wes and Shalla alone to comfort each other in their grief. I can't wait for more.
    ~Rosy

4. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rosy, ROTFLMAO! Don't you wish. I just finished typing up the fic. It is completed. I'll put the end up sometime this weekend. WOOHOO!

~Inyri

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    For me? Yay, I feel special! :D

And my sister didn't take the name Dodo well. Especially not when he screamed it out during her kindergarten Christmas concert. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    ROTFLMAO! Your poor sister. I'm going to PM you a little info. ;)

~Inyri

7. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Inyri, you didnt get me in trouble with my mum. I'm always going to bed late. So she yelling at me, is the norm.

nina

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Nina, good to know. My mom used to yell at me for staying up, too. Of course, this was in the dark ages, and we didn't have a compie, so I'd stay up and read novels. :p

~Inyri

9. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Hi, Inyri. :)

It seems I missed the second post. [face_blush]

Read both posties and I loved them both. I particularly enjoyed the reference to Wes's rear. :D Could you have Shalla and Wes end up together, please? I've always wanted them to get together ever since Shalla said "Nice rear." to Wes.

So who's the tall, muscular guy that just showed up?

I can't wait for part 4. :D

10. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I've yet to find anyone on the boards, or in RL, besides Aaron Allston and Yubs, that can portray Wes as well as you can

I'm being completely serious here

Every single quote made by Wedge, everything said about him, was dead on (cept the hot part, but I'm a guy, so its all good 8-})

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    jagsredlady, lol. Yeah, pretty much every person I've talked to on the subject of Wes Janson's personal life thinks he should settle down with Shalla. The fic is completed. I'll post the rest over the weekend. :) Thanks so much for reading. I'm glad you've enjoyed it thus far.

Corran, aw, thanks. That's good to know. Wes is a lot of fun to write, and he's a character that gets a mind of his own and often escapes. As for the hot part, if you sit down and read a description, he's good looking, but when you actually get to know his personality, it's hard not to love him.

~Inyri

EDIT - J/J get engaged?! If that's the case, I may have just gotten slightly less p***ed at the NJO.

12. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    ?She really does have a lot of stuff to get even with me for, too.? Wes realized he could be the center of attention and jumped at the opportunity. ?Years of jokes. They never end. Even now, we aren?t even in the same squadron, and I still torment her. If this was a prank of hers, I?d have deserved it. But Shalla?s too nice of a friend to do that, aren?t you, Shal?

Wes the braggart... :p

lordmaul13

13. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow! Great post! This is so funny...I can't wait to see what happens next!

J/J engaged? *runs to spoiler thread in lit forum*

~Rogue

14. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey! No fair- Shalla got to see this hunk before we do!

15. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    *sigh* My Wessy... so adorable.
    THIS IS MY HUNDREDTH POST, WOO HOO!!!!

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    lordmaul, yup, that's our Wessie. :p

Rogue, there's a place where you can find the story in it's entirity. ;) Thanks!

Other Rogue, he actually plays a very small role in the story. It's not too much of a bummer. Besides, we still got to see Wes.

JAK, congrats! You may hold onto Wessie in this story until the next post. (DOY gets him in Deception).

~Inyri

17. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Whooboy...me likes! great stuff, Inryi...more soon please?

-JSD

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks JSD. More very soon.

I thought I had a lot more readers than this...hmmm...

Okay, because I want replies, here's the last part:

Part Four of Four

?Thank you for dinner.? Tria smiled up at him. ?I had a lot of fun tonight.?

?Yeah,? Wes grinned, ?Me too. Maybe we should go out again. Without Shalla.?

She smiled up at him, then gently kissed him. ?I think that sounds like a good idea. Do you want to come in? Have a drink?? She opened the door to her townhouse.

He should want to. Normally, he?d have jumped at the invitation. Coming inside and having a drink usually resulted in spending the night. Tria was beautiful. He?d have to be crazy not to want to sleep with her.

So why didn?t he?

Tria sighed when he didn?t respond, leaning against the doorframe. ?You like her.?

?Huh??

?Shalla.? She studied his face, amused. ?You like Shalla.?

Wes frowned. ?Of course I like Shalla. She?s one of my best friends.?

Tria shook her head. ?No. Not like that.? She pushed herself away from the doorframe. ?I think you?re in love with her.?

?Pfft. Yeah, sure.? Wes shook his head. Why did everyone think he liked Shalla that way?

?Then why are you so hesitant to come inside?? She stuck him with a look, ?And don?t say it has something to do with your morals, because Shalla warned me from the get go that you?d try to get me into bed.?

Wes frowned. ?What??

?I?m not an idiot. You flirted with her the entire time we were at dinner. I bet you?re thinking about her right now.? She laughed. ?And I have a hunch that she feels the same way about you.?

?She said something to you??

?No. But it?s rather obvious.? Tria shook her head. ?You like her, she likes you, so why don?t you two get together already??

?I??

?No.? Tria held up a hand. ?Don?t tell me. You know where she lives. Tell her.? She winked at him, then turned and walked into her house, ending the discussion.

Wes watched the door swing shut and shook his head. What had just happened? He?d walked Tria home, she?d made a move on him, and then she noticed he didn?t respond to her because he liked Shalla?

No, Shalla?she was his friend, sure. And they?d been through a lot together, and he could tell her practically anything. Wes frowned, walking along the sidewalk. No, there really wasn?t anything he couldn?t tell her. And sure, she teased him a lot, but he teased her, too. Because when you tease her, she pays attention to you. The little voice in his head spoke up.

If he was honest with himself, truly honest, he never made a move on her for one very simple reason. If he did, and if something happened between them, they could never go back to how they were right now. Their relationship would be changed forever, and he didn?t know if he wanted to risk that. Romantic relationships either ended in marriage or total hatred and the chance that the latter could happen, especially with her, scared him more than anything. He would rather keep her as a friend than risk loosing her forever.

So why was he here? Wes pushed open the door to the building that housed the Wraith pilots. What was he doing? Hadn?t he just told himself that it wasn?t worth loosing her? He jabbed at the controls to the elevator, tapping a foot impatiently as the door slid closed. Damn, this thing was slow. He should have taken the stairs. It would have taken half the time.

A small bell chimed and the doors began to open. Somehow, they took even longer to move on this floor. Wes slapped the ?Door Open? button, which didn?t speed up the process, but helped him feel like he was at least doing something.

Finally. The doors had opened enough for him to squeeze through. Three doors down on the right. Three doors. Never had twenty feet seemed so long. He stopped in front of her room and rapped on the door.

?Hang on.?

Hang on? He?d waited for years; he was sick of wasting precious seconds.

The door slid open a moment later. ?Wes?? Shalla looked sur

19. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    That was great!

Face was good and that finish was so Shalla ;)

Rogue

20. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    HEY!!!!! *yanks Wes away from Shalla* MINE!!!! :mad:
    Hee hee... I loved this story! Bad Face, bad Face! Spying on people... hee hee hee...
    That last part was definitely Shalla...

21. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I love Tria. She is my favoritist person right now. She deserves to get whoever hot blind date for Shalla was. It wasn't Face, was it? Oh, happiness. Thanks for making my day Inyri.
    ~Rosy

22. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Great finish, Yri! That was just like an ice cream cone, sweet and fun and gone before you know it ;)

Astro

23. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Best ending line I've ever seen.

The Burninator

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    FACE!! [face_laugh] Always there at just the right moments.

So we don't get to see Wes make fun of Shalla and her date? :(

25. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!! How sweet!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.