main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blind?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MasterKazur, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    don't worry kazur, i'm pretty sure Indy wasn't having a go, just sharing his thoughts and, i guess, his puzzlements. There's no one person that's gonna GM the same as someone else, and hey... messageboards are great except for the lack of context behind our messages, so don't be too offended.(if at all)

For a realistic campaign, it's the sorta thing you'd expect to happen, if I were him next time i levelled i might just put a bit into the sense skills.

What I might suggest, is that after a period of time and experience (and definitely good roleplaying/interaction), maybe he could end up spending skill points in something that eventually could almost equate to the miraluka vision, so he can use sense surroundings with a minimal VP cost, or a longer duration, whatever you decide. I think to have his dex permanently at 3 for the rest of the campaign could be very hard going, but as Miralukan's don't have that penalty while using sense surroundings, i don't know whether, after a period of time, your players character should.

Maybe you could have him study with a Kel Dor Jedi, or look through the archives studying the Baran Do sages, learning some of their secrets, and/or meditating and studying with Miralukan Jedi.

Just a way to perhaps get him back on his feet, :)

good call, I just hope my character doesn't get maimed now :(

edit just one more thing i meant to add originally but forgot about... This could even be a path towards the dark side for him, he could explore the Sith Holocron for information regarding Sith Alchemy, to maybe take someones eyes, put them in his and 'alchemise' the optic nerve, hope it aint dinner time where you are while reading this. Or maybe just to fix his own

2. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    don't worry kazur, i'm pretty sure Indy wasn't having a go, just sharing his thoughts and, i guess, his puzzlements. There's no one person that's gonna GM the same as someone else, and hey... messageboards are great except for the lack of context behind our messages, so don't be too offended.(if at all)

I know he wasn't trying to provoke me, it's just that thats not why I made this thread. To be told I was doing something wrong.
    Some people like youself have been very helpfull though :)

For a realistic campaign, it's the sorta thing you'd expect to happen, if I were him next time i levelled i might just put a bit into the sense skills.

He actually suggested that himself :)

What I might suggest, is that after a period of time and experience (and definitely good roleplaying/interaction), maybe he could end up spending skill points in something that eventually could almost equate to the miraluka vision, so he can use sense surroundings with a minimal VP cost, or a longer duration, whatever you decide. I think to have his dex permanently at 3 for the rest of the campaign could be very hard going, but as Miralukan's don't have that penalty while using sense surroundings, i don't know whether, after a period of time, your players character should. Maybe you could have him study with a Kel Dor Jedi, or look through the archives studying the Baran Do sages, learning some of their secrets, and/or meditating and studying with Miralukan Jedi.

Yeah I thought about that too... What I came up with however was that he should look up Cilghal, the Jedi healer. She has heal another +30 so I figured that if the two of them isolates themselves somewhere in an old temple on Yavin and spend maybe a couple of month doing nothing but healing and exploring methods of healing they could work out something. They are both healers afterall...
    Maybe they could re-generate his eyes or maybe just lower some of the penalties of being blind...
    But finding Cilghal is going to be a session on it's own... Because she's lost :)
    Haven't figured out where or why yet, but you get the idea.

edit just one more thing i meant to add originally but forgot about... This could even be a path towards the dark side for him, he could explore the Sith Holocron for information regarding Sith Alchemy, to maybe take someones eyes, put them in his and 'alchemise' the optic nerve, hope it aint dinner time where you are while reading this. Or maybe just to fix his own

He said he would never turn to the dark side but when the other Jedi in the game told him about a sith ability that lets you do just that (Alchemy) I could sense he was temted, but if you knew his character you would agree that it would just seem wrong. Like Obi-Wan turning to the Dark side :)
    But if he wants to it's his choice but I don't think I'll lure him into anything...

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, there is a force power in WEG d6 system that allows the player to sacrifice something important (like a hand?) to avoid getting killed outright in situations just like that.

So, there you have it.

The character could always get cybernetic eyes with enhancements like thermal & low-light vision. There are always options...

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    yeah...in a d6 game i had this character who had this mechanical enhancement that allowed him to take stills or video footage, thermal and night vision would be cool too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.