main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blinded By Love - Padme/Vader AU, post ESB - Romance/Drama/Angst- FINALLY UPDATED 7/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, guys, I'm really really sorry about the lack of updates. I've had a lot of health problems over the past few months that have recently gotten a lot worse, so it's been a struggle to update my stories. But I'm working on the next update!

Thanks so much! [:D]

- Serena

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. :( Hoping and praying things get better soon for you. @};- In the meantime we'll be patiently waiting. Feel better! [:D]

3. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    ditto Dancing_Star!

Just giving this an up![face_devil]

4. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Blinded By Love

By Serena

A/N: Well, I finally got a moment to write this VERY OVERDUE update!! :D Thanks so much to everyone who's been waiting patiently... and a HUGE thanks to searth_99! Love you all! I hope you enjoy this next update. It's not an action-filled chapter, but we're getting there...
    I'm sorry, though, I don't know when I can get out PMs...

[b][i]Talks[/i][/b]
    [hr]

I spent the entire night talking with my daughter. There was so much to discuss, so much to catch up on. I could tell that although she was a strong person like her parents, beneath that firm outer layer lay a heartbroken young woman, desperate to regain the man she had lost... and desperate to bring back her small family together... her father excluded. She went into detail about her childhood, about my old friend Bail and his wife. She told me how she would play pranks on her three annoying and overbearing aunts... and how she always longed for a mother who would hold her in her arms. Apparently, Bail's wife had not been very good with children.

"I don't remember her ever kissing me goodnight," Leia was saying distantly. She was curled up beside me on the bed, sitting with her knees to her chest. "Maybe a small peck on the forehead... but very rarely. I don't know if she resented the fact that I was not her real child... or the fact that my father..." She trailed off. "That he seemed warmer towards me in the end than he did with her."

"On Alderaan, as you are aware, I'm sure," I replied, "Royal marriages were arranged. Bail loved his wife, and she him, in their own way, I'm sure. But they didn't have much of a choice. But they chose to make the best of their circumstances. I'm just sorry you were involved." I squeezed her hand warmly.

"I'm not complaining," she amended. "I just... I always knew she wasn't my mother."

"The bond between blood is stronger than any other tie in the universe," I told her quietly. "You might have known, deep down, that Luke was more than just a friend to you."

"Yes," she said. "I think I did. I don't know how... but somehow... I always knew." She hesitated before adding slowly, "I think... I think I might have felt something... towards..."

"Your father?" I finished gently. When she didn't reply, I sighed through my nose. "Leia, don't feel ashamed. Deep down, underneath everything that is darkness and evil... there is a man I loved. A man I still love. He was one of the best men I knew. More intense, more passionate, and more loving than any other man I'd met. He had the most caring heart of anyone else I knew. I think... in part, that was his downfall. He maybe cared too much."

Leia shifted on my bed. "Tell me about him," she said. "Tell me about our father."

I inhaled, exhaled deeply, and started from the beginning.

[hr]

Luke came to see me mid-morning and found Leia dozing on my bed. "She's been through so much," he told me heavily. "She's stronger than anyone I've ever met, Mom. I don't know how she does it."

"She's a survivor," I said. "But eventually, you have to let your emotions out, or they will get the best of you at the worst of times." I couldn't help but think that Anakin had had that particular issue. I somehow felt that the Jedi Council and its strict code was partially to blame... After all, Jedi were not mindless robots with no emotion. They were people with feelings - and Anakin's had been more intense than anyone I'd ever met. He did nothing by halves, including his feelings for other people. However, this caused problems when Anakin lost focus... When he was unable to control his emotions.

I remembered the dark look on his face as he raised his gloved hand up to grasp my throat... I blinked back tears and licked my lips, trying to focus on my son's warm presence.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I think it came out when she was with our friend, Han Solo. She and he would argue so loudly the entire base would hear it. But I knew she liked him, even to begin with. Then, not too long ago, they really fell in love. It's tearing her apart that he's been taken by Fett.

5. ida_dida

ida_dida Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2010
    Finally updated! :p I expected another story of yours to get updated today but this is ok too.[face_peace]

I pity Vader a bit.....i mean ok, he deserves it but still... They're still human. Which is more than I can say for you."...that hurted a little bit..

I just hope Vader changes he mind soon enough...

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    wooooo! update! [face_dancing]

OMGosh, I wish Vader would stop creeping up on people like that. [face_plain] It's not at all nice. :mad: Evil bad dad. Grrrrrr.

7. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    Yep, Anakin is still in there!! We saw him for a brief moment then he was gone with Padme's words. She could lure him back if she manipulated him and she could do that so easily! She'll have to want it first! Great updated!

8. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Wahoo!!! An update!!!!!

Will Vader reappear in Padme's life? WIll she be forbidden to leave with her children???

Great update!!!

9. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    yay, update! [face_dancing]

Humm ... i think that padme is maybe a little bit to hard...
    she schould give him a chance

but on the other hand she has the right to be so hard...

i´m very interested in seeing how this will continue...

hug niju :3

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Padme..."

"Until you stop following your precious lord and master," I snapped, "I refuse to acknowledge any connection between us. You are nothing more than a cold-blooded murder and the man who is trying to destroy my only children - my one connection to my husband."

His breathing was loud and hoarse in the sudden quietness of the room. I heard him squeeze his fists together. "I am not leaving without you, Padme," he said finally. "You are mine."

"I am not yours. I am leaving with my son and daughter. And that is the end of it."

"We shall see," he replied ominously. His footsteps echoed against the floor as he left the terrace.

Them are fighting words, what are you planning? o_O [face_thinking]

I can't wait for the next update, this story keeps getting better with each update. Please don't make us wait so long next time [face_praying] Please :)

11. searth_99

Oct 5, 2001
    Huge Up!

[face_love]

12. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Awesome! I was just starting to wonder what happened to this story.

Thanks for the update!:)

13. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
  14. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    how about an update????o_O

15. searth_99

Oct 5, 2001
    Serena, don't leave us hanging! Come back..pretty please!
    :_|[face_peace]

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    :eek: I can't believe I missed this update!

I loved how Leia was so eager to learn who his father had once been...[face_love]

I also enjoyed the P/V interaction; you manged to keep a wonderful balance regarding Padmé's feelings, something that not always happens in fanfics like this one

Keep up the good work Serena, hope to see you around here again soon...hope life's good!=D= [:D]

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Deserves an up [face_batting]

Hope you're feeling better

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, guys! Wow, this is really sad... I haven't been on here in so long! [face_worried]

I'm so sorry for all of my lack of updates, for this story and for others. I'm afraid DRL has been kicking my butt in a serious way with college.

I'm still working on this, so I will try to update as soon as I can.

Love you guys!

- Serena

19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    bump great work. keep it up :)

20. searth_99

Oct 5, 2001
  21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    up again in hopes of an update

22. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, everyone!! Um, wow, it's been way way way too long since I've been on the boards... :p

I'm working on a new chapter, and I'll be updating Brown Eyes, which has been already completed on FF.net.

As another note, I've published my novel Ocean of Emptiness online and am writing another... so needless to say it's been a pretty crazy summer. That and I decided to transfer colleges, and work. But I've been wanting to come back to the boards for so long now! I'll try to be more consistent.

- Serena

23. searth_99

Oct 5, 2001
    Yea!! you're back!!!

We'll be waiting for a new chapter to BBL :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.