main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Blinded by Love (the Natgel thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by natgel, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natgel

natgel Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2005
    Hello everyone. I haven't drawn a lot of Star Wars art, but I'm planning on finishing several other works and posting them next as well as this piece.

This one is of the Anakin/Padme AotC promo shot, which orginally I didn't intend to finish and haven't quite yet, but perhaps I will once the mood strikes me (I have a very short attention span, most of my drawing are incomplete *whistles*)

I drew it a little different from the original(Anakin is scarred and evilish, while she's, uh, not wearing clothes?) hope it doesn't look wrong to anyone.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/natgel/Blinded_by_Love_by_natgel.jpg]

Click on the picture for a larger view. My DeviantArt account is here, if anyone is interested.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Natgel, and welcome to the boards! This is a wonderful sketch--both likenesses are good, and the proportions and shading are lovely! Correct me if I'm wrong, but you paired the "picnic Padme" from AOTC with Anakin from ROTS, yes? Interesting choice (although "picnic Padme" has always been a favorite of mine, too! ;) ), and it sort of intensifies the swing between innocence and darkness in your drawing...which is always a hook for me! I'm a sucker for pieces that evoke emotion like that! We'll be looking forward to future additons to your thread--and again, welcome!

FF

3. natgel

natgel Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2005
    Thank you FalconFan!
    I think everyone can see what they want into this drawing, I'm a true believer in reader/viewer interpetation. Personally I see as a reflection of their characters in RotS -trusting and slightly naive Padme to an exceedingly darker and darker Anakin.

Thanks again for your lovely comments, I'm sure my time here will be fun :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, natgel!

I have to agree with FF that you have a very nice sketch here! The expressions are perfect and there's no doubt figuring out who they're supposed to be! The only thing I think you could take a little further is the hair. It gets a little light and lost in the background on Anakin. I think adding a little more definition would really make this pop! But overall, excellent job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.