main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blinx is out

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by tenorjedi, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I have not played it. I probably will rent it but man did I read a scathing review from gamespy

Definetly a dog person I think. He was about as kind to that feline as I've been to old link as of late. I'm curious if anyone here has played it.

What's odd is the range of ratings
    GameSpot 6.3
    IGN 8.8
    OXM Uk 9.3
    GamesDomain 4.5/5
    gamepro 3.5/5
    gamerankings.com 78%

I guess you either love it or want to hit the cat with your car and eat it for dinner.

Mmmmmm hobo stew.....

2. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Harsh! [face_laugh]

Conviced me not to get it.

3. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Well I played it and it's not bad. Not in my favorites list, and I don't plan on buying it but it's worth a rental.

A few things that hurt the game.

1. Camera- Time and time again this is the biggest complaint of 3rd person 3D games. The problem with this game in particular is that while it gives you free range with the left analog it takes control at certain, often inopportune, times. About the only time I'd die was because I was confused by a bad camera angle and couldn't see what was going on.

2. Gameplay- Occassionally the game does things that leaves you dumbfounded. A few times I'd be shooting a bolder or trash can and it'd look to be in the clear to me but it'd stop, supposedly catching on something else. Really bad when shooting bombs and they land right next to you. Also another stupid thing is when you pick up a combo the dumbarse cat takes a second to celebrate. I don't know about you but I don't do an end zone dance every time I get a first down and the ball's still in play. One time I nearly had a boss beat but I needed a retry so I got the coins for it, got the retry and the stupid cat did a jig and the boss came over and killed me. Not a good idea.

Those are what really hurt the game. It's got some pros too. You can upgrade your weapons, get more time power slots, get different stuff by getting gold in your missions. This adds a degree of fun. The time powers are neat but they're woefully underused. You'll find that while you could use them all the time, you don't need too, and when you can only have 4 at a time to start, you learn to play the game conserving them. I would have gladly traded more access to time powers for more enemies and more difficulty. Without the time powers all you've got is a cat and vaccum that sucks and blows at the same time (no seriously it really does).

I give it a 3 out of 5. Worth the rental, not worth $50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.