main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blood and Gore in todays star wars games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ichor_Razor, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Many of todays star wars video games have some blood and/or gore. KOTOR 2: the sith lords will include some blood. and star wars: Republic commando will include both blood and gore(who knows, Republic Commando may get rated M)Yeah, I know the original movies had some blood in it. But still, these must be the first Star Wars games to actually have blood in them.

Speaking of republic commando, will human blood be in the game or just alien blood?(and will you be able to rip alien heads off and blow out their eyes and cut op-en their guts?) We've seen limbs chopped up before yet
    we get no blood so this shouldn't be to drastic.

2. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Blood Gore...meh.

Either way, Republic Commando looks sweet.

3. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    It's just that this and KOTOR2 will be the first star wars games to have blood in it.

4. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    I think they are the first ones to have that
    i dont think commando will be rated M though

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Republic Commando doesn't even look like SW anyway. Have you seen the commercial for it? Terrible.

6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It looks like Star Wars to me...

You don't always have to do the same, it gets boring after a while.

7. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Ever seen the Blood Mod for Jedi Academy?

Pretty damn sweet. I hope they have kick-ass finishing moves in KOTOR 2 to where you can tear their heart out and eat it! Or knock them in a pool of acid! Or into a bunch of spikes on the roof and strip naked and shower in their blood as evil lightning streams from your fingertips! Or torture Sith morons with power tools as you get off...wait, wrong game.

The dark side is great fun for the kiddies!

8. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    LOL! Stop it alpha red! you're killin me!.

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "and will you be able to rip alien heads off and blow out their eyes and cut op-en their guts?"

The fact that you're asking for these features disturbs me quite a bit.

10. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    to tell you the truth im more disturbed by the "tearing ur opponents heart out and eating it" thing

But, what ever floats your boat...

11. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    But still, these must be the first Star Wars games to actually have blood in them.

Speaking of republic commando, will human blood be in the game or just alien blood?

Really, this question might have well have exclusively been asked in the Republic Commando thread. But... meh.

Blood and Gore are hardly controversial issues these days, until we see a Star Wars equivilent of Postal 2 (the likes of manhunt and punisher hardly reach the levels of brutality that managed), which won't really ever happen, the Star Wars Universe is generally too sterile to ever have anything worse than chopped off limbs/heads and a haze of blood as far as gore goes.

12. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I can just see it now, Star Wars answer to Postal 2 Boba Fett: Revenge ****ing Rocks. In it your the worlds baddest Mandalorian and you get to rip peoples heads off and spit into there stomachs. You get to steal Lightsabers and preform a certain "operation" on Jedi with them.... and...anything else i say will have taken this to far so i'll stop here

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    A little blood and Gore in SW is fine, but I don't want to see Silent Hill: Star Wars.

14. Darth-VA

Darth-VA Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    blood didnt seem such a huge factor in kotor II to me... maybe, im playing the kiddie safe version. doubt it though... but RC does look pretty sweet. the wookies in the commercials look evil! evil wookies! now they are the ones to worry about ripping heads of and spitting in stomachs! theyre like caprets on 'roids man! theyre all "RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" dude... ive had nightmares about bad ass wookies like this...

15. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002

Pretty damn sweet. I hope they have kick-ass finishing moves in KOTOR 2 to where you can tear their heart out and eat it! Or knock them in a pool of acid! Or into a bunch of spikes on the roof and strip naked and shower in their blood as evil lightning streams from your fingertips! Or torture Sith morons with power tools as you get off...wait, wrong game.

This is America dude, everything in that sentence is fine except for the part about stripping naked. Everything else is completely suitable for minors as long as they have someone over 18 buy it for them.

16. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    agreed, although naked people never hurt anyone.

17. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    Unless they where naked people...with a gun!

(Warning, to find the humor in the above comment you may have to have visited the Lit forum on various occasions)

18. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Where was the blood in KotOR II? I can't remember seeing any blood.

EDIT: Actually, that's not true. I do remember seeing a blood stain at the crime scene in Iziz. Is that what qualifies as "blood and gore" in Star Wars? If that's as bad as it gets, I think my innocent young mind will somehow be able to handle the trauma.

19. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Actually, that's not true. I do remember seeing a blood stain at the crime scene in Iziz. Is that what qualifies as "blood and gore" in Star Wars? If that's as bad as it gets, I think my innocent young mind will somehow be able to handle the trauma.

The ESRB is so stupid. A blood stain is considered Blood and Gore? Come on.

ESRB Game Tester: "The Horror, THE HORROR!"
    My response: You are even scared of a blood stain! Jeez.

20. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    i think i saw blood maybe once when i was hit with a vibroblade in KOTOR2. people may not of seen that often because of how rarly you get your @$$ kicked in the game *is still trying to recover from the disapointment*

21. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    what about on korriban when you find the Jedi master there, no details as to not give ti away but that was farly grusome for a star wars game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.