main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blood is Thicker Than... (Post-Ep.III - human girl raised by Noghri; Vader; Jedi) Update 1/16!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Tenel_Ka_, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Kidnap... hmm nice twist...

This was my favorite line though...
    "To have a conversation, the other person usually needs to contribute.?

2. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Awww...[face_love] That first kiss, that is so terribly innocent and romantic!

There was a brief coldness as he felt her mind draw back in surprise, but like the ocean, the waves settled down again, receding. He felt her curiosity and sensed her abruptly turning, starting for his cabin.

I like the visual there. Looking forward to the next chapter. I think these two characters have a lot to learn from each other!

3. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Ocelotl_Nesto: Ahaha! Usually, it's guys that have the problems in these in-depth conversations, not the girls, methinks. Gender-reversal is fun. :D

ROTSFan: [face_love] I'm glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to write it forever, ever since I saw "The Jungle Book" with Jason Scott Lee again. I love the relationship between people from two different civilizations. You might try to conform to one because you love the person, but there are ever so many problems in the mean time. :D

Thanks very much for the comments, sorry it has taken so long to get back to them! I don't know why it's so hard to find time to write these days, but I'm writing another two or so stories and it's hard to get back to this one! More soon, I hope!

4. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    I forgot to add: Post tomorrow! I just have to edit it! :)

5. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Hmmm, this is only four and a half pages in word, and I think my posts are usually longer than that, so I apologize for the length. Hopefully I'll be able to get some writing done on the Christmas break. (No Thanksgiving weekend here, nope...)

Relkivik thought that landing on Nar Shaddaa would be the least of his worries, but he was sadly wrong.

He was sure nothing was out of the ordinary in the morning when he supervised the Jedi. In fact, they seemed perfectly serene. In hindsight, this should have given him a hint, but he was more focused planning the rest of their voyage, and plotting how to enter into the prison on Kessel without much notice.

The morning passed with as much peace as was possible on a ship carrying prisoners and their captors, and he was at the helm at about noon when the chime alerting him to an ensuing hyperspace exit sounded.

Relkivik heard Sakhisah and Vor?corkh in the hallway behind him, talking about something in low tones, and he was concentrating hard on the re-entry sequences, which he had only limited experience with. He was sure that all the Jedi were safely contained in their rooms, the mithris dulling their reflexes and mobility for the present.

?Do you think we?ll find anything on this moon to help us?? Sakhisah questioned, ?It sounds like a regular slime-hole of low-life smugglers to me.?

Vor?corkh laughed. ?Undoubtedly. But we need some information on how to get through the Maw. I hear that it is treacherous.?

Sakhisah sounded more thoughtful. ?I wonder how Senika is getting on now that the journey is just about completed. I understand she wants to save her family, but how important is a man who never had any part in her life, anyway? We?re her family.?

Relkivik could practically hear the understanding shrug of Vor?corkh, they had known each other so long. Certain mannerisms were as predictable as the waxing and waning of moons.

?Humans have a phrase,? Vor?corkh offered peaceably, ? ?Blood is thicker than water?. ?

There was a pause as Sahkisah thought about this, and Relkivik pictured the way her eyes stared over your shoulder when she answered something she was unsure about.

?Humans are strange,? she mused, ?To think that everything is bound by blood. A person is the way she is. Senika?s father is probably nothing like her.?

Vor?corkh chuckled again. ?True, my friend. If everyone became like his parents, then Relkivik would be a power-hungry fiend by now.?

Relkivik snickered as well and grinned as the two Noghri companions entered the cockpit. ?Preparing for real-space immersion.?

Vor?corkh and Sahkisah settled into the seats behind him and continued to banter about Relkivik?s character, or the flaws in it. Normally Relkivik would have joined in to give them some ammunition, but he was concentrating very hard on not killing everyone.

There was another chime from the control panel and Relkivik hurriedly pressed some buttons before taking hold of the control stick. The mottled pattern of hyperspace blurred around them and separated into unique starlines, which abruptly each became a star.

Giving a small sigh of relief, Relkivik checked the nearby space for Nar Shaddaa and found it exactly as predicted on his chart. Their ship drifted slowly toward the moons, and as they grew closer, a series of advertisements for docking space, cheap rooms, and cheap spice came up.

?I wonder how long it will take us to find some information on the Maw,? Vor?corkh asked, ?With the moon?s dependence on Hutt trade, it can?t be that hard to find.?

Relkivik frowned as he selected a docking bay. It made him uneasy when things seemed too simple. He received clearance and pulled the ship through a hole in a crumbling duracrete wall. On the other side, it was not as bad as it looked from the exterior, with dull metal ceilings, floors, and walls, with support struts reinforcing the walls along either side. It was secluded and Relkivik didn?t want anyone bothering them.

?Get your weapons,? Relkivik instructed his two

6. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! Happy to see this back!

7. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    This was a line I have seen nowhere else.... It seems realistic, kind of a galactic bilboard outside of big cities.

Giving a small sigh of relief, Relkivik checked the nearby space for Nar Shaddaa and found it exactly as predicted on his chart. Their ship drifted slowly toward the moons, and as they grew closer, a series of advertisements for docking space, cheap rooms, and cheap spice came up.

8. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Good to see this updated! (Don't worry about it being later than normal, this is the first chance I've had to get back in a week. I still need to put the new post up on my own story as well.)

Anyway....I'm betting she gave him the lightsaber, and was going to let him go, too. I'm also anticipating some humor when the other Nogri try to get info. [face_laugh] I wonder if they'l bother with "please"?

Raptor517

9. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Awwww, I come home from an uber long day spent in class and in the cold lab (4 degree celsius room we use to do experiments in) for five hours, then lo, I check back here to see not one, not two, but *three* of you have commented.[face_blush] [face_dancing] I feel so loved. :D

G__Anakin: Right there at the beginning as usual! :) I am glad to be writing this again.. I never realized how much more time I had in the summer! Thanks so much! *beams*

Ocelotl_Nesto: Aha! Thank you! I think Nar Shaddaa is the kind of flamboyant trashy sort of place that would have a lot of advertising, illegal or otherwise. ;)

Raptor517: Oh, stupid post-secondary education getting in the way of writing. :p Senika and Keshaiah are definitely going about things the hard way, but don't worry, Vader has plans for them. [face_devil] Eheheheh...

Oh man, it feels good to be home and wasting time on the internet. :p :cool:

10. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    It's good to catch up with this. I've been busy with an OU course recently, and like you, most of my writing recently has just been ranting in my live journal...I was planning on doing Nano this month, but the course has just taken up most of my time.

Looking forward to the next installment.

11. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Great fight scene. I wonder how much of that Senika and the Jedi staged and how much was unexpected. Can't wait to see when Vader comes back into the story and his reaction. =D=

12. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Space_Wolf: An OU course? Forgive my ignorance! What is this course? School takes up wretched amounts of time this year, but I hope at least that it will pay off! What were you planning on doing for Nano? Original fic or fan fic?

ROTSFan: Ooooh, Vader should be making an appearance soon!

Well, I've been writing and writing, some for this story and some for my other one over on the "Beyond the Saga" boards, and then working part-time for Christmas, so I haven't gotten around to posting it! There should be a post by Saturday though! Thanks for being patient! :D

13. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Bonjour mes amis! Hmm, I am taking French right now and find it difficult not to write everything in it. My notes for other classes like Genetics have things in the margins like, "Tres important!"

Anyhoo, without further babbling, I present the next installment of my story. It is rather nice, because it hit the hundred page mark! Yay!

The fall was slower than Senika would have expected, even with the air resistance whipping them around frantically and the wind screaming in her ears. But she thought it could just be because she deserved to think about her life and her choices a little bit before she died.

She thought that maybe the reason nothing ever went according to plan was because she always made the wrong decisions at the last minute. Then she wondered why she seemed to do this continually. She had set out so intent on making the right decisions.

One thing was for sure: The Noghri would not be happy with her. Which was funny, because in her own way, she had only been trying to live up to what they taught her was right. And sending the Jedi to be tortured and executed had not seemed right, especially when they were so much like the Noghri themselves.

At least, she had thought that until a minute ago. Keshaiah had not behaved the most honourably then.

She turned her attention back to falling and to the person that was falling with her. His eyes were closed, but he seemed very intent about something and his arms enfolded her tightly. She realized that they weren?t falling as fast as they should have been and after seeing the things she had up in the docking bay, she guessed that it must be his Jedi powers keeping them from a swift and messy death.

It was really too bad that he needed to keep his concentration, because she had a strong desire to punch him, as well as Relkivik, at the present time. Things had not gone to plan and the rest of the Jedi were still captive when they were supposed to be on their way to an escape and she was supposed to be out of the Noghri?s care. But that didn?t give Keshaiah or Relkivik an excuse to act like two brawling teenagers. They were warriors and warriors didn?t quarrel like children, or, here was the real issue, treat Senika like a sack of chooka feed to be fought over.

Keshaiah brought their descent to a slow halt just before the roof of a rusting ship repair shop and he breathed a sigh of relief into her ear, tickling her cheek.

?There,? he stated, ?At least now you?re okay.?

He did not seem prepared for the look of furious indignation on her face, even as he quickly removed the mithris from around her wrists. He backed away quickly.

?I might be okay, but you are not!? Senika reproached him, ?You hurt my friend, you misled him, and you left the other Jedi there! Why would you worry about getting me out of there when you should have been thinking about your own people. Why did you not just disarm him? What is he to think now??

She stopped for a moment, mostly because she needed more oxygen to continue yelling at him. ?And you lost my dagger. Do you know how important that is!?

Keshaiah took a wary step back and held his arms out in defence. ?Okay, so I was worried about you and I should have been worried about the others. But it?s okay, Senika, we?ll get them out too. The Noghri will come after you, I?m sure, and they?re fools if they don?t know where you?re going.?

He paused thoughtfully. ?The Jedi are just waiting for an opportunity to escape. Don?t you think they?ll be able to manage it better on Kessel while the Noghri are looking for you??

Great, she thought, Another way for the Noghri to fail and be dishonoured. They will never want to see me again.

Keshaiah saw the look on her face and he looked even more thoughtful than before. ?Come on,? he said, after a long pause, ?We have a head start, we can?t waste it.?

He extended his hand to her, and Senika looked at it in consideration. She remembered the day on Coruscant when she had bought her disguise, ho

14. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

15. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Awesome again! I have the feeling the Jedi are slowly but surely unveiling the deception of the Empire and showing the Noghiri the true way-leading by example almost.

?I wonder if you wounded my friend more than I thought, Nagiala Qualilles,? Relkivik said, his voice low and dangerous, like a purr. ?She seems to be making decisions entirely without logic these days.?

?Meaning she is making them from the heart?? the Jedi captive replied, a soft smile creeping across her features.

Yes..how interesting the Jedi would approve of acting on emotion now, when they frowned upon it before...

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Tres Bien

A nice twist to the story. I look forward to seeing if Vader makes his appearance. Perhaps the Jedi will have a chance to fight rather than being sent to ol' Palpy.

Thanks for the PM...

17. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Good to see this updated, and welcome back! Nice twist, and I liked the speech. Puts things in a different light when you actually talk to the Jedi.

Looking forward to the next update!

Raptor517

18. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I was planning on working on an original fic for nano, one which I've long neglected, but the OU course just took up too much of my time. (Still does!) It's a science course I'm doing, and if all goes well with it, I should be going to the University of Derby in September to do a long awaited zoology course. Don't worry about lack of updates...I've not been able to work on any fan fics for ages.

19. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    G__Anakin: Many thanks, as always! :D

ROTSFan:

Yes..how interesting the Jedi would approve of acting on emotion now, when they frowned upon it before...

It was really difficult to show the transition that I thought Nagiala might have gone through, but I hope it ended up being convincing in the end! :D

Awesome again! I have the feeling the Jedi are slowly but surely unveiling the deception of the Empire and showing the Noghiri the true way-leading by example almost.

Oh, wow! [face_blush] You give me too much credit about knowing what I'm doing, but thanks very much anyway! :p

Ocelotl_Nesto: Merci! Plus gentil! :D :p

A nice twist to the story. I look forward to seeing if Vader makes his appearance. Perhaps the Jedi will have a chance to fight rather than being sent to ol' Palpy.

Much talking and running around have all been leading up to the next few posts, involving explosions, poisoning, and lightsaber duels. :D

Raptor 517:

Puts things in a different light when you actually talk to the Jedi.

The story does get a lot of Noghri bias, so hopefully when the Jedi get to take the stage it will balance things out a bit!

Thanks so much for reading! :D

Space_Wolf: Wow!

The zoology course sounds excellent, it always seems like an interesting subject! :D

Some year I will find time to do Nano... *sigh*

20. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    I believe it is past time this recieves an up! I was looking through my messages and saw that it has been months since there has been an update!

Hope all is well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.