main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Blood Moon: Rise of the Lycans (A werewolf RPG)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kevin O'Brian
    Narthex, South of Bronze Doors, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Early Afternoon Christmas Day

Nodding at the mentioned logic behind Joph's silver use and non-usage he had give the man credit, he wasn't just coming at this fully blind. No matter how little real experience he had. Although, in this life, that was something that was cured here on the isle all too quickly, one way or another.

Looking at the newly profered weapon he had to admit his face was contorting more into a concerned gaze at this one. With the axe, will he had used one for cutting wood and hatchets growing up, not to mention here to survive so it held some familiarity. Although the weight was off from those and had a much better heft. A sword though? He raised his hand but stopped shy of the hilt.

Raising his palm up he waved away the offer as he listened to Joph continue talking. "Well, I think ye best keep on yerself than. Maybe if you prove able we can get ye set up making some of them battle axes for the rest of us. Get your own group training set up by the seperate building?" With another dismissive wave he took a step back from the man, "A course now I be putting the cart before horse, and it sounds like we ain't got much time before the kiddo's are done prepping. Best get my gear back in place." he finished with a wink before seeing where Gustavo had left his stuff.

He waited a tic, just encase Joph wanted to say something else, or had any questions before he went to get ready.

TAG: Tim Battershell, greyjedi125, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Josephus 'Joph' Carter
    Christmas Day 2065, Just gone Noon - Narthex, South of Bronze Doors, St Patrick's Cathedral.

With a wave and a "Well, I think ye best keep on yerself than. Maybe if you prove able we can get ye set up making some of them battle axes for the rest of us. Get your own group training set up by the seperate building?", Kevin declines my offer for him to evaluate my Longsword. Well, there needs to be a good deal of training before they can be used effectively and perhaps he'll change his mind when (if) he sees me wielding it in action. He then says "A course now I be putting the cart before horse, and it sounds like we ain't got much time before the kiddo's are done prepping. Best get my gear back in place."

That's a very valid point, so I bow and reply, "Sounds like I might be rather busy in the future, then! Might have additional, or modified, ideas once I've seen the Beasts operate in a pack; but one thing's for sure, we need to teach them to fear! Show them why Humans have been top predators on this dirtball for millennia!"

I leave him to depart and see to kitting himself back up while I decide where to hang my quiver. Most older films (and some American re-enactors) to the contrary, this is never slung, and drawn from, over the shoulder. Not for English (and Western European) Archers. They, when they use a quiver at all, carry it attached to the belt. I end up opting for hanging mine from the side and back of my belt so it is well clear of both Battleaxe and Misericorde, where I will be drawing arrows from half behind my back. Last of all, I string my bow - using my usual 'step-over' technique.

Now I am fully ready and I wait for the others to rejoin me.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo.

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Gustavo ‘Guts’ Guerrero
    The Narthex, St. Patrick’s Cathedral

“Thanks for the refresher course.”

Guts gave Delta, as the newcomer was now called, a respectful nod for her time and instruction. By her look and mannerism, Guts surmised that Delta had been a loner for a very long time, so he understood why she didn’t act all warm and friendly. To him, what was more important was the fact that she’d finally sought the survivors at the cathedral and she seemed willing to share some of her knowledge. That was a good start.

“Hey, Angela. You’re a quick study. I think you’re ready.” Guts said, now turning to the fourth member of their party. “There’s your gear.” he said, motioning to her bundle. “Make sure everything fits, I’ll be right back.”

With that, the young watcher went to fetch his traveling effects which were nearby. Notably his silvered spear, for close combat. Like most survivors on ‘patrol duty’, he preferred the advantage the XM43 and an automatic side arm provided when it came to dealing with lycans. With that in mind, he checked for extra ammo.

His six silvered blades were secure in his bandolier, ready for action. Energy food bars, check. Canteen with drinking water, check. Silvered Army Knife, check. He already had his grey ushanka and snow boots on, along with a long ( and well insulated) winter coat and gloves. ‘Madame X’ was prepped and ready. All they needed now was probably a sled to bring back any provisions.

Walking back, he indicated to Kevin, Joph, and Angela that he was ready.

“Ready to roll out.” Guts announced plainly. “Should we get a sled for this?”

His words came out somewhere between a question and a statement.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @Tim Battershell, @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    OOC: Here's some of the update. I'll have the guys update shortly. Although you guys are going North and South of St Pat's, whichever way you want to go in those directions is up to you. Adventure awaits where ever you all decide to head to.

Since we've seem to have lost Saintheart, I'll be taking the reins of his character for now.

Zeeza N'dori, Katia, Benjamin Eshkol, Karen

25 December, 2065 – Just After Noon
    The Nave near the Narthax, St Patrick's Cathedral

“We do have sleds,” Karen offered while Katia went through the motions on gun handling for Angela. She watched the newcomer while she waited with Zeeza and was a little impressed with the speed and efficency of the woman. She was certain that Delta would be an excellent asset to the resistance and defense of the cathedral. “But you're right, we'll need something stronger to pull anything capable of holding the lykes out. I think the boys will find it though. I told them about a construction site to the south of here. Still...”​

Karen shrugged lightly and then began checking over her own gear. “We might find some other things useful besides a door stop.” When Katia returned after instructing Angela and Gustavo on weapon handling, the woman in the NYPD vest was just finishing strapping a silvered knife to her thigh. She held herself a little straighter when the Russian returned.​

Someone brought over one of the sleds that had straps nailed into it and a tarp, both of which are meant to hold whatever is on it, on to it.​

Taking the sleds reins, Karen added with a confident grin, “So... shall we head off and cover as much ground as possible?”​

“Lets,” Ben nodded and slung his rifle over his shoulder, leading the way to the door. “I also want to stop by a library. I promised Michaela some books for the children next time I went out.”​

TAG: @Ktala Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    IC: Katia - 'Delta'
    St Patrick's Cathedral

Katia watched for a while longer as Guts and Angela set to repeating the motions of loading, taking proper firing stance, and unloading their rifles. Her head was still in pain but it was subsiding quickly, as it usually did. Perhaps interacting with them was a mistake, these memories and the pain they bring might get worse...

Without actual experience this was as good as one could get, Katia assumed live fire was out of the question due to the scarcity of ammunition, "You should be fine," she said finally, "if you feel like you should continue, do so." With that she unloaded her own magazine, checked the chamber and safety lever, then walked back to Zeeza, Karen, and Ben. "... I told them about a construction site to the south of here. Still...”

"We might find some other things useful besides a door stop," Karen said, straightening up as Katia returned, holding her rifle's pistol grip and listening as the others spoke. Someone brought over one of the sleds that had straps nailed into it and a tarp, both of which are meant to hold whatever is on it, on to it. Taking the sleds reins, Karen added with a confident grin, “So... shall we head off and cover as much ground as possible?”

“Lets,” Ben nodded and slung his rifle over his shoulder, leading the way to the door. “I also want to stop by a library. I promised Michaela some books for the children next time I went out.”
    Katia assumed Karen was competent in weapons handling, she didn't seem to need or be interested in the small session with Angela and Guts. I'll see soon enough, she thought as they headed for the door. Trying to recall her mental map of the city and some key locations, "There are some museums that might have metal sculptures inside, we can salvage from them," she suggested to the group. The doors opened and the sun shined against the snow on the ground, Katia lifted her balaclava over her head and face, obscuring any outstanding features aside from her eyes. At the top of the steps she produced a magazine from her LBV and loaded it, pulling the bolt back to chamber a round and checking to ensure it properly loaded by pulling the bolt back slightly to see the casing.

Come what may, she was always ready.

TAGS: Ktala, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Saintheart (Just in case. :p ), greyjedi125

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Gustavo Guerrero, Kevin O'Brian, Josephus Carter, Angela

The Nave near the Narthax, St Patrick's Cathedral

Angela nodded her thanks to Katia and headed over in to the direction Gustavo indicated her gear was stowed. She slipped on a military-grade kevlar vest over her torso that had seen better days. Although there were no rips in the fabric, it's dark coloring was stained with darker splotches that were once blood stains but now dried and burned into the fibers after years of cleaning and use. Blood was always difficult to get out of anything.​

Like Karen she strapped a silvered knife to her thigh and pulled on a thick parka and snowboots before slinging her XM43 over her shoulder. She came over to where the men of her party were conversing and listening to the tail end of the conversation. “A sled would be a good idea,” she offered and gestured to the ones that were being brought over to them. Karen had taken her groups and Angela decided to do the same. “I'm ready and I will do my best not to get us killed. Do you think we'll encounter any of the lycans?”​

Kevin and Gustavo knew that the chances of them encountering any beasts at this hour were improbable, but that didn't mean they wouldn't encounter them as humans. The lycans were still just as dangerous as humans as they were as beasts. The problem was identifying them. They looked and behaved just like people did, even wore clothing and some were armed with weapons. But once they turned violent, it was quite apparent they weren't human.​

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto greyjedi125 Tim Battershell

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Christmas Day 2065, Just gone Noon - Narthex, South of Bronze Doors, St Patrick's Cathedral.

The weapons training group breaks up, with Angela then dressing herself in cold-weather gear and Gus opting to bring along a variety of weaponry, including a spear. If I ever get hold of a furnace and anvil, I promise myself that I'll make him up a short pollaxe - four weapons in one, inclusive of the spiked finial on the butt end of the haft. That variety of weapon was wielded to great effect by John, Duke of Bedford, (among others) at the battle of Verneuil in 1424 when the English Archers had (for once) failed against heavily armoured Italian Mercenary Cavalry. Despite being outnumbered two to one, the English Knights and Men at Arms still secured a hard-fought, close-combat, victory.

Gus' semi-suggestion about taking a sled along I to leave to Kevin, without comment. In truth, if we find something heavy or bulky that we want to bring back with us, then a sled will be a boon; but empty they're just a confounded nuisance someone will have to tow about.

When Angela joins us she opines "A sled would be a good idea.... I'm ready and I will do my best not to get us killed. Do you think we'll encounter any of the lycans?"

"Nice to meet you, Angela!" I say, "From what I've gathered, there are three groups on this island; Beasts, Humans in thrall to them and Survivors. Which means that virtually all seeming-humans we spot will be potentially hostile. We could, to a Survivor, even look like a scavenging party of human-guised Beasts ourselves! Talk about difficulty in identifying legitimate targets!

Mind you, the numbers of Humans in thrall to the Beasts are probably diminishing due to being 'turned' or eaten and any Survivor with sense and courage enough to have built a raft and taken their chances on one of the rivers has probably done so by now; so in my opinion it's odds on that any bipeds we see will actually be humaniform Beasts. Kevin and Gus have much more experience with the local situation than I do, though."

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Zeeza N'dori - Just after noon
    St Patrick's Cathedral

Zeeza watched as everyone moved in a flurry of movements and action, as they geared up, preparing to go out, and get whatever the church needed. Zeeza kinda smiled at that. It was an extended family, in sorts, with everyone working together to insure that everyone stayed safe.

'Delta' was pulling her weight already. When Zeeza had mentioned about getting some tools or a sled, Katia spoke up quickly. "Well... three places came to mind, ..We can search television and radio museum, modern art museum, and a little bit further is Lincoln performing art center... " Most places might have a good steel girder to brace the door with but the surest bet is probably, "I think we should try the art museum first, but if modern art is all projection and hologram.... then I don't know. "However, a few blocks further from the Lincoln center is older art museum... " What was it called... "Folk art museum, might have metal sculptures in it. Though, these places might be cleaned out of anything immediately useful."

Ahh. Zeeza nodded. She didnt think about the modern art stuff. There could be plenty of things available there. Then 'Guts' called over Kaita to help show some stuff to the new girl who was going out with his group. "Let me know what you think when I come back," Katia said to Zeeza, before walking over to help out the other group. Zeeza smiled, and then turned around to Ben and Karen. Sounds like a good idea to me." she stated with a a grin.

We might find some other things useful besides a door stop," Karen said, straightening up as Katia returned, holding her rifle's pistol grip and listening as the others spoke. Someone brought over one of the sleds that had straps nailed into it and a tarp, both of which are meant to hold whatever is on it, on to it. Taking the sleds reins, Karen added with a confident grin, “So... shall we head off and cover as much ground as possible?” Ben agreed, and slung his rifle over his shoulder. He stopped, and added. “I also want to stop by a library. I promised Michaela some books for the children next time I went out.” Zeeza didnt say she had already been to one of the libraries nearby, and had grabbed some kids books. She liked going into the libraries, and maybe she could find another useful book this go around, as well. She wished she could find a good book on building a generator, using local stuff. Wind powered maybe. Would be nice to be able to watch a DVD from time to time. She sighed softly.

As they ventured back out into the snow and cold, Katia covered her face once more. Zee had her crossbows at the ready, as she sniffed the cold air. They would have to keep track of time. But at least, they had a reasonable amount of time to work with. Zeeza moved up near Katia. "Do you want to take point?" she asked the woman. She jerked a thumb towards the sled. "Or do you prefer the rear guard." Zee asked her. Zeeza pulled her coat closer around her, as the wind whipped out at them, the fresh snow covering up the signs from the earlier skirmish.

TAGS: Heavy Isotope ,Saintheart, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Narthex, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Christmas Day NY

Seeing the lad was done with the girl and the man in the steel suit of era long left behind, he set himself to getting ready for their outing. The word for a sled was already carried out so he shrugged that off as he donned his winter coat once more. The thing would need a serious clean eventually from all the wear and living the thing went through. He had no doubt a lycan could identify it as his at ten paces.

Still he patted one pocket to make sure the electric pottery cut off wire was still inside looped with the two wooden cover handles ready to grab, a push of a button from the rechargeable battteries and like a hot knife through butter it would clean cut through heavy clay or flesh alike. He tended to use the camping crank recharger to keep it ready on his own time on a slow day.

His silvered knife was in his boot, rifle re-slung over a shoulder, and a couple ammo clips were all he took. After all, if he needed more than a couple clips he was dead anyway and best not to waste ammo. Inside a pocket he also kept an extendible magnet pen, a small spool of string, and a swiss army knife, no use in a fight, but it was a good thing to have handy besides his non-silvered pocket knife. Not everything was survival or scavenger gear, some was merely comfort items like the small fish fry bottle opener his father had given him years ago that he kept in his pants pocket where he used to keep his keys.

Joph was rather brusque with his reply to the girl, now that gave him pause. Setting his winter hat on snugly, a department store reclamation with fur lining, he shook his head slightly. "If we be having any luck, no dearie. But the man is right, any humans you see beyond us assume the worst, but act on the best. If they do not move against us we will avoid them and them us. As for rafts, leave the notion. Military will sink ye as sure as the cold waters end ye. Now, if we be set, we best be off to that construction site."

With a nod he waited to make sure Gustavo was ready to go as well before they would all head out.

TAG: greyjedi125, Tim Battershell, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

10. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    IC: Katia
    St Patrick's Cathedral to W 53rd Street

"Do you want to take point?" Zeeza asked Katia, "or do you prefer rear guard?"

"I'll take point," Katia said as the group walked onward, Karen and Ben taking their respective positions after Zeeza decided hers. "It would probably be best to have the other two watching our right and left flank," Katia thought out loud as they walked to the right and up Fifth Avenue after exiting the Cathedral. The lycan corpses chilled in the snow, no longer fresh kills, their blood frozen on the ground. Katia held her weapon, ready to bring it up at a moments notice; the stock low in her shoulder and barrel facing down slightly, she kept her left on the fore-grip and her right on the pistol grip with her finger resting on the trigger guard.

The walk to the Television and Radio Museum wasn't long, they crossed West 52nd Street without issue, checking their flanks as they moved along. The city seemed like a ghost town despite the events of this morning, Katia thought as they made a left onto West 53rd Street. Ben and Karen took up defensive positions behind cars as Katia and Zeeza approached the museum. "We have Karen and Benjamin stay just inside the entrance, we shouldn't be waiting outside here for long. They could be watching," Katia said, looking back to the other two, "unless you have better idea?"

TAGS: Ktala, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

OOC: Sorry it's a bit of a micro-post, please note Ktala and I discussed moving each other's characters beforehand and no creative liberties will be taken beyond stating that we've gone from point A to point B. Any thoughts or individual character actions will be made by the writer in the response post leading up to arrival at point B. This goes for Ktala moving Katia as well so no worries there. [face_peace]

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Narthex, St. Patrick’s Cathedral

Fully equipped and geared, the young watcher gave his group a ‘thumbs up’, indicating his readiness. Then he glanced at the sled.

“I guess we can all take turns dragging it on our way, since we kinda need it.”

Guts commented to Joph Angela and Kevin.

“I’ll take the first leg of the trip, I guess….”

With a shrug, Guts went about the business of trying the sliding encumbrance to himself to his midsection. He needed his hands free to fire his weapons, and at the first sig of trouble, he would untie the sled, since it would greatly impure his mobility.

“Ready to roll…” He announced once he was done.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Kevin responds to Angela's question and my response with; "If we be having any luck, no dearie. But the man is right, any humans you see beyond us assume the worst, but act on the best. If they do not move against us we will avoid them and them us. As for rafts, leave the notion. Military will sink ye as sure as the cold waters end ye. Now, if we be set, we best be off to that construction site."

Then Gus gives us a thumbs-up to indicate he is ready for our outing and says of the sled, "I guess we can all take turns dragging it on our way, since we kinda need it.... I’ll take the first leg of the trip, I guess". I notice that the tow ropes are set up to fasten around the waist, but not for me, I think. When it gets to be my turn, I'll hold them in my left hand and looped over my left shoulder. That should be both a way to quickly ditch the thing in an emergency and preserve unrestricted access to my weapons.

Mainly to Kevin, I say, "Somehow, someone - perhaps multiple someones - got information about this group of survivors off the island, Kevin, else I wouldn't have been sent over here! Saw an old film once about soldiers attacking enemy shipping by paddling up a river in canoes; and no, I didn't believe it either until I looked it up! Turned out it was entirely factual, and, over three nights, they paddled a distance of sixty miles without being spotted by a grand total of thirty enemy patrol boats! Not too easy to spot something on the water at night, it seems, and those canoes and soldiers would have been much higher out of the water than the common or garden Bathtubs some English eccentrics race down rivers as part of Summer Bank Holiday festivities!

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Zeeza N'dori - 25 December, 2065 – Just past Noon
    W. 53rd Street. New York

"Do you want to take point?" Zeeza asked Katia, "or do you prefer rear guard?" "I'll take point," Katia answered swiftly as the group began to move. That was fine with Zeeza, as she began to drift towards the back. She was not well versed with this group, like she was when John and her went out, so she would keep an sharper eye out for things."It would probably be best to have the other two watching our right and left flank," Katia stated aloud.

Zeeza thought about it. Ben was mostly known as the local 'farmer.' He took care of growing most of the food stuff, and more importantly, the Wolfsbane stuff that the wolvies hated so much, they had on hand. So with a nod, Zeeza faded to the back, letting the farmer Ben and Karen take the center spot, while Zeeza began to keep a careful track of the rear. "Just dont forget the library.." Zeeza added with a grin.

The weather was cold and crisp, and Zeeza watched the warm air from their breathing wicker out into the cold noon air. The walk to the Television and Radio Museum wasn't long, they crossed West 52nd Street without any problems. Zee hated going to the north. Buildings more pressed together, and closer made it difficult to keep an eye out for anything that might move to mess with them. And the zoos were up in this direction as well, so they had to be careful of animals as well as wolvies. Soon, they got close to the first place that they had decided to search, the tv and arts museum.

Katia got close, and then she gestured for everyone to come close, and gather around. Zeeza came up close, along side Karen and Ben. "We have Karen and Benjamin stay just inside the entrance, we shouldn't be waiting outside here for long. They could be watching," Katia said, looking back to the other two, "unless you have better idea?"

Zeeza looked out towards the building, and the area around it. "We should pull the sleigh in too. Keep anyone from taking it while we search." Zee said softly, keeping an open eye towards their six. "Hopefully, nobody is thinking of visiting the museum today." She added with a grin. She nodded towards 'Delta'. "We can do a quick scout. If we find something, we come back to get everyone, if we cant move it. At least try and clear a part of the building first." She added with a nod. She then looked back over at Delta.

"So, like she said, unless anyone has anything else to add, its a go."

Zee gave a thumbs up signal, with a slight grin.

TAGS: Heavy Isotope, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Saintheart (if ya still with us!)

14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Robert Gruber
    Gruber Mansion

He went through his options. Kill him first and she attacked, kill her first and she attacked. Who was faster? Hard to tell, because whoever attacked he had about a second before he had readjusted his gun to shoot a second projectile. Well, a second could be enough for a wolf. Maybe he missed a vital organ the second time and the beast had time to kill him before dying of it's wounds. Well, he would jump aside and wait for the second attack to come and make an effective shot. Risk of dying in the attack was worth it. Death was a constant companion now. Death other kingdom . . .

The cub It was the solution. If he killed it first, the parents would be schocked. Maybe they would attack him immediately. Or would they turn to their wounded child to help it? If so he could easily kill them with two aimed shots. So he wanted to kill the child? Without his parents it would be dead anyway. And yes, had the wolves ever spared children?

The poem, it had stopped in his head. He had never consciously formed the words of it's doomed lines and yet for the first time it stopped. He realized that, as his gun lowered, pointing at the youngest of the three wolves in front of him. He looked at the parents. And then he realized they had probably more fear for their child than he had to die. If the world became a better place if people feared less . . . and he believed it had been him to tell it his daughter once to justify his line of business . . . dying would make a better world than killing a child. A wolfcub. And yet a child.

Gruber lowered the gun slowly and smirked. A family, he could not destroy a family on Christmas. Simply because this was his home and he had lost his family here. What would make it him if he took another families life?

"Marry Christmas." He said instead and turned to leave. "I will come back a some point in the future and if it is not christmas, it will be your end . . . if I find you here."

With a sigh he started to walk out. Would they turn and ram their claws into his back? If so, that was it. He was home. There were many worse plays to die than home . . .

Back to the church. That was the only place left in the world he had to go to.

Tag: Comrd

15. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    IC: Katia
    Museum of Television and Radio (a.k.a. Paley Center for Media)
    West 52nd Street

Katia nodded to Zeeza when she smiled and flashed her thumbs up, gesturing for the others to go inside, Katia remarked on the archway over the main door of the museum. It's shape reminiscent of secret societies in America, people used to think they'd control the media and manipulate the people, doubt they had any thought that werewolves were real... the thought amused her.

Katia let out a quiet sigh, following the others inside after one last sweep with her rifle raised, all clear as she could see. The front desk was empty, broken glass was on the floor near an old television, it's case cracked and partially broken. There was an exhibit information poster beyond the ticket booths, Katia looked it over; some exhibit for a band, broadcasting and television historical displays, screening room... ? Katia narrowed her eyes at reading that, maybe there could be something useful there. "Look," she said to Zeeza, pointing at the poster, "We should go there first."

It gave a location, the small map on a pamphlet next to the poster should come in handy too, picking it up she flipped it open. Down a few hallways and up some stairs, she thought, turning it over in her hand to see the second story; then down the hall on the right. Katia committed the direction to memory and got ready to make their move looking to Zeeza, "Whenever you are ready," her voice confident.

TAGS: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Ktala, Saintheart

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Zeeza N'dori
    Museum of Television and Radio - West 52nd Street

Katia nodded to Zeeza, the go ahead for the plan they had just come up with. So far, Ben and Karen were being rather quiet for the moment, slowly moving along. They left the sled just inside the doorway, and then inched forward.

Zee kept her crossbow out, but had the weapon pointed down towards the ground, as she quickly scanned the area around them. The passed an empty front desk area. Past that, it was mostly junk, stuff laying quiet and broken. This used to be a lively place, with monitors blaring, and all types of exhibits. Now it was a rather pitiful shell of itself. She wondered who had rifled the area, tearing it apart. Bored wolvies? Zee shook her head, as she mused over the thought. Katia softly called out ot her. "Look," she said to Zeeza, pointing at the poster, "We should go there first." Zee looked at the poster. Second story. She wasnt too happy, but they needed stuff. And so far, things were quiet. At least the others could warn them. Zeeza nodded her head. "Sounds good to me." she replied. She saw Katia pick up a pamphlet, so Zeeza walked over, to see where the exhibit was located as well. Tucking the into into her pocket, after a quick scan, she nodded her readiness.

Katia looked over at Zeeza, "Whenever you are ready," she told her, her voice confident. "Gotcha." Zeeza lifted her crossbow up, and began to move silently in the direction the pamphlet has indicated. She looked back at Ben and Karen. "You guys keep yer eyes and ears open. Grab one of the pamphlets, so you know where to find us, if anything goes wrong. You guys be careful." With that, she gave a nod to Katia, and with the safety off her weapon, began to walk once more, heading towards the hallway that would take them towards the stairwell, that would lead them upstairs. If Zeeza found anything intersting, that could work on batteries or crank power, she would grab it. Anything that could be used for other stuff might be here. Hopefully, not trashed by any other idiots. She walked slowly, to make sure she didnt crunch the broken glass that covered parts of the floor. Once she got to an point she could see well ahead, she waited for Katia to catch up with her.

TAGS: Heavy Isotope, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Saintheart

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    The Narthex, St. Patrick's Cathedral

Nodding at Gustavo he gave a small grin. All was getting ready and soon they would be off. Straight away it might seem, or at least it did until the new one began speaking. Apparently he couldn't let go of the notion, and a part of him wanted to debate the issue but he sighed heavily, he knew he should hold his tongue but a bit needed voiced.

"Well, ye got a point, but then they didn't have those fancy scopes or a spot on shore watching the water. If another wishes they may try, but I would rather live and kill Lycans here where I know I got a safe place to sleep at night than rush upon the rest of the world unsure." Nodding a bit rougher than he needed he turned to the doors as he gripped his rifle well in hand. "Let's go. We be wastin' the lack of moon light."

TAG: greyjedi125, Tim Battershell, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    St. Patrick’s Cathedral

Everyone gave the ready signal, so there was no point in delaying. Without another word, Guts turned and moved towards the doors. He made sure that the sleigh which dragged behind him didn’t snag on anything.

Thankfully there were watchers already posted by the closed doors. They saw the young watcher approaching, so they opened up for him.

“Thanks guys.” Guts said speaking to them, his tone amicable. “Wish us luck, cuz we’re going to need it. I’d hate to return empty handed. See ya’ll soon.”

For some reason, Guts felt the impulse to cross himself as he went through the threshold and so, he did.

Once out, the cold wind hit him, but he only felt it mostly around his face. It was only a small gust, for the harsher conditions had abated, at least for the moment.

The young man only walked about five meters when he turned to look over his shoulder. He chuckled to himself as he wondered if he was moving too fast for the ‘tin man’ and the rest of the party.

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    OOC: Finally an update! Again, apologies for taking so long in getting this to you guys.

Robert Gruber

25 December, 2065 – Mid-Morning
    Gruber Estate

The human-form lycan seemed to relax just slightly at the gun-welding man's pronouncement. He pulled his young closer to him and nodded. “You will not find us here again, rest assured.” As Robert began to leave the manor and the lycans headed in the opposite direction, the adult stopped at the far door to the room and looked back.​

He cleared his throat to get the human's attention and when he had it he spoke quickly. Gesturing off in the direction the city was in, he said, “You should get out of the city as soon as you can. The enthralled humans, they've been taking survivors again and... I don't think even that church's bunch is safe. Before I left with my son, I overheard a man named Richard mention something about one of my kind is among them. If you're with that group, please warn them.”​

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins

[​IMG]

Gustavo Guerrero, Kevin O'Brian, Josephus Carter, Angela

West 46th Street, Manhattan

The three men and Angela made their way through the snow-covered streets of the abandoned city. Joph led the group down Fifth Avenue with Kevin on his right. Gus and Angela took up the rear with the young man pulling the sled behind him. Angela was nervous at first but soon relaxed as the trek wore on. It wasn't easy walking through the snow and it took them longer than expected to reach the street Karen had said was a construction site of a high rise.​

Glancing down the west end, Angela could easily see the building that had been under construction at the start of the war with the lycans. Now it stood high like a desiscated skeleton, plastic sheeting blowing in the wind and cranes with metal beams and other construction materials dangling over the empty street. Snow and ice caused some of the loads to teeter dangerously to one side and it was only a miracle that none of them had fallen after all these years.​

Looking down the street itself only revealed deserted snow drifts that turned out to be buried vehicles long abandoned by their owners. Most of the buildings along the street were small shops and apartments with two or three taller buildings and the construction site.​

Walking through the snow and down the street, Joph spotted a jewelry store wedged in between one of those dollar stores and a private business. Across from it were mostly restaurants in which Angela commented, “After we're done, can we stop and get some pizza from the grille on the corner?” Further down was the construction site that was being built across from a glass skyscraper that had it's windows mostly blown out from the war. It also looked like it had taken a direct hit from some kind of missile. Parts of it was charred and a chunk of it near the top was missing. The debris could be seen partially poking through the thick layer of snow.​

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto greyjedi125 Tim Battershell

[​IMG]

Katia, Zeeza N'dori, Benjamin Eshkol, Karen

Television and Radio Museum, 52nd Avenue, Manhattan

Ben and Karen stayed in the lobby of the museum near the entrance while Katia and Zeeza explored the building. Karen didn't know what they could find here that would be of use. Almost everything required a power source and that was something they lacked terribly. Still, the place did have musical insturaments, and someone was bound to know how to play something. Then there was the old crank powered vinyl players from the early 20th century and vinyl records still existed to this day, albeit mostly in collector's homes gathering dust these days.​

She shifted the weight of her rifle and stood watching the frozen no-man's land outside. She hoped they didn't come across anyone today. One fight with the lycans was enough for a single day.​

For Katia and Zeeza they would find the museum mostly ransacked and damaged either from looters or from the conflict that had been waged savagely a decade ago. Anything of historical value to the museum was gone, looted by opportunistic humans who saw a chance at having a piece of history for themselves and was probably by now lost forever in some unfortunate's home in the city. The electronics were dead, their screens as blank as the emptiness of the city. Mannequins were toppled over, instruments damaged and in one case the statue of Elvis Presley was missing his clothing.​

Turning a corner and in a side room, Katia would discover the signs of habitation. Or at least the remains of two skeletons locked in combat near a make-shift campsite. One was a human pinned underneath the gangly remains of a fully shifted lycan. It wasn't hard to figure out that the human had managed to kill the lycan with a silvered knife to the heart, but not before the beast had managed to fatally kill the human somehow.​

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Christmas Day 2065, Afternoon - En-route to construction site.

When we set off, I ended up taking Point, with Kevin to my right and Gus and Angela following behind. I find it's slow-going through the newly deposited, and somewhat deeper, snow but, on the other hand, it gives me some reassurance that no one (or should that be 'nothing') else had passed this way too recently; certainly not since the most recent snow stopped. Nevertheless, I'm keeping my bow in-hand, albeit without an arrow ready-nocked on the string - a deficiency I can remedy in a second or two, if necessary.

Speaking of my bow, I'd rather have had a traditional Yew 'Self' bow rather than the modern Compound 'Recurve' version I'm holding; but I'm not a enough of a bowyer to make one myself - or much of an archer, either, come to that. Still, it's set up to give a draw-weight of 70 pounds (a little less than half that of a pukka English war-bow), and the braided Dacron bowstring is tougher than traditional materials, also much more resistant to damp. Modern or not, it should be capable of sinking a shaft deep enough into a Beast to let the silvered Bodkin (or the poison) do the job.

As we come in sight of our objective, I catch sight of a jewellery shop shoehorned between a 'Dollar' Store (they've infiltrated our High Streets in England too, where they're called 'Pound' Stores) and some other business that I can't identify. That might be handy to check out on the way back; considering how long it's taken to get here and that we still have to search the construction site, I don't think that we'll have enough time to go another street over and still be back to St Patrick's by moonrise.

As we get closer I see various loads dangling from cranes over the street. That probably means that the workforce downed tools and left in a serious hurry. Had one of the Beasts put in an appearance around here, back then? Certainly the building opposite looks to have been in the wars; fire-blackened, windows mostly gone and some of the upper part of it apparently collapsed into the street. Someone decided to go hunting while wearing a C4 waistcoat for certainty, maybe? The damage seems far more serious than a Mills No. 36 Grenade ('segmented for easy fragmentation - so everybody gets a fair share') could probably do.

The overhead junk is scary-looking but probably reasonably safe. If its been up there for these past ten years it's unlikely to come crashing down now, particularly as the loads are probably frozen solid to the strops, or whatever, by the recent very low temperatures.

I've been thinking about what we might be able to find on a construction site to stand in as a door-bar; so I ask the others, "Have any of you heard the term Acrow Prop? If they're not called that over here, they're a pair of strong metal tubes, nested one inside the other to be adjustable for height, used to support walls if one needs to make a new doorway or suchlike. Two of the longer ones might suit us very well, I feel."

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Zeeza N'dori - Just after Noon
    Museum of Television and Radio - West 52nd Street

As Ben and Karen stayed in the Lobby, Zeeza and Katia began to search the building. It was so sad. A lot of stuff had been wrecked. But there were a few things still around. There was some musical instruments laying around. Zeeza picked up an old flute. Maybe the kids could find a use for it. Something else caught her eye, even if it didnt have anything to do with finding something for the door. It was an old crank powered record player. Zeeza had seen these before. Out in the rural area, where electricity was not often found, those were really big. She carefully stuffed it in a bag, along with any record she could find that was still intact. Later, she could scope out a record store, or more likely a pawn shop to see if she could find more records. But anything that could play music and sounds would be a welcomed find. The kids would love it. Just like when the Father played the organ. But it was something. Zee continued her search.

Zee was dismayed at so much damage done to the building from looters. She giggled softly, when she saw a naked statue of what she guessed was Elvis Presly. Wow. Was someone THAT desperate? Not unless it was covered in silver, she didnt see a reason for that one. But no telling, anything was possible nowadays.

Zeeza did notice that the air was very stale and musty in this part of the museum. Kinda stinky. But still, overall it was pretty quiet. Zeeza noticed that Katia.. or 'Delta' was staring at something in a side room. "Find anything interesting?" Zeeza asked softly to the woman. Not getting a response, Zee walked over to take a peek herself.

"Oh."

The remains of two skeletons locked in combat lay in an area of stuff. Was it someone's camp? Might be something useful here. Zee didnt really like getting near the bodies too much, but knowing that something might be useful, made her chance it. The skeleton on the bottom, was holding a knife. As difficult as silver was to come by, that could be useful. Zeeza looked around for something she could use to knock the knife loose, and grab it. Zeeza then searched the area, to see if there was anything else in the camp area of interest. Notes, maps and anything else that caught her eye, Zeeza would look for. After her search, she looked over at Katia.

"Any other rooms on that map, look interesting?" she asked her softly.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, (Heavy Isotope)

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Christmas Afternoon, NYC 2065, - En-route to Construction Site

The snow had done it's work. It was a fresh blanket that clothed the world so much in white that it hurt the unguarded eyes, and covered the blood and unburied bodies. It was almost enough for him to forget that there was a war on days like this. Funny that. But a good afternoon whitewashed as this still brought a smile to his face, it was the simple things that made apocalypses bearable.

The trip was a hard trek, and Gustavo's original taking of the lead out of the church with the sled soon found him at the back with the girl. One's own weight was enough when the snow worked against you, but that was the simple costs of having a world with so much white blanketed over it. A cost he was happy to pay.

When they neared the place he noted as he was sure others would the jewelery store and money shop. Across from those the restaurants stood their silent vigil for a town full of the hungry, but had likely nothing within to give. The girl spoke of getting a pizza, the fact that she knew it was amusing even if not surprising. The couple times he could remember the attempts to make a pizza were hard pressed to give any truly edible results, but that was years ago now.

The Brit spoke of a possible alternative to rebar that he had been thinking of, looking at the man he simply shook his head. "Sounds fair enough, if ye spot some we'll take it. Loose metal bars and any good tools un-rusted might come in handy. 'Look for tomorrow as ye secure today'. " he calmly replied as they began moving once more. "Keep a soft step and open eye to follow kids. If we step on any shrapnel with a point best to note it than to be pierced by it." That was a danger he did not look forward to with the snow, the debri could have a point buried beneath the snow just lying on the street from the damaged building, or traps left by competition. "Wish I had a proper club at passes like this." he muttered to mostly himself and any that cared to listen. Not that it made any difference.

TAG: Tim Battershell, greyjedi125, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    West 46th Street, Manhattan-Early Afternoon

It didn’t take long in their journey for Guts to end up guarding the rear, which he didn’t mind at all, as long as everyone played their positions. Initially Angela seemed somewhat nervous, but eventually she melded into the group mind-set. As for Guts, he was all business during these trips. No idle chatter whatsoever. He was on high alert and his eyes and ears continually scanned the area for any sign of the enemy. The last thing he wished was to blindly run into an ambush, given the recently fallen snow.

There was little to no conversation among the group, and when there was, they spoke of things pertaining to their mission.

Guts looked at the abandoned stores in the area for a moment then looked away and tried not to focus on them. Such structures only prompted memories of a peaceful past that seemed more and more like a long forgotten dream than a life he’d once had. The building devastated by war was a sobering reminder of the harsh reality and the very real war which they fought for their very existence.

Angela did make a jest as she commented something about wanting to get some ‘pizza’. Guts couldn’t help but to chuckle as he took a measure of their surroundings with the binoculars he carried. He knew of the place. It was one of the last commercial establishments to carry an arcade game in the whole city. It’s owners, Mario and Luigi where big time video gamers and actually held the top ranking scores in the arcade game.

Guts shook the memories from his mind as he continued to make a visual sweep.

“Ground level clear.” He said, a bit more serious sounding than he wished. The young watcher then leveled his binoculars towards the bombed out building and regarded it with suspicion. He had to admit, it provided great cover for anyone who wished not to be seen. Finally he performed a visual recon of the abandoned construction sight.

There was no sign of danger.

Of course not. They had just arrived. Now that they were here however, he’d have to watch their backs with great attentiveness.

Listening in part to the conversation that was now taking place between Joph and Kevin, he heard mention of something called Acrow Prop.

What in the world is that? He thought, and almost as if he’d heard, Joph went ahead and explained it. Guts nodded. By the man’s description, he recalled the item in question, often seeing them used as ‘support beams’ or to similar effect, but he’d never known their name.

Tin Man’s idea wasn’t bad, but Guts would feel much better with an actual steel beam barring the Church doors. If they wanted to make it back before moonrise, they’d have to pick up the pace of their search. Not only that, Lycans didn’t necessarily have to wait until that time to attack.

Guts was begging to feel uneasy again, but he fought it off. He’d been feeling this way on an off for months now, but he had no idea why such a sensation would suddenly come over him, and before he could make any sense of things, it would vanish as if it had never been.

He simply contented himself by listening to the conversation between the two older men, since he really had nothing to add. The warning to watch out for shrapnel he took to heart.

“Will do, Kevin.” He said then.

With his sweep complete, Guts put away the binoculars. There was only snow and sad history all around them.

“Visual sweep complete. No sign of any contacts. It’s only us for the moment….” Guts paused, then decided to add something he was about to leave out.

“I don’t like the looks of that bombed out building. We need to move cautiously…and Kevin, I’m getting that feeling again.”

No, it wasn’t nerves. Guts could tell the difference now. It was the same feeling he had that day at the dojo, though not as strong. He knew what it meant now.

“Let’s get this over with.” He breathed out.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Katia, Zeeza N'dori, Benjamin Eshkol, Karen

Television and Radio Museum, Manhattan

The room consisted of the usual things they thus far had found in the museum, relics of an era long past now damaged or missing thanks to the war and looters. The camp was small enough to accommodate a single person, most likely the now dead human locked in an eternal combat with the werewolf. There were the usual items one would find in a camp; cookware, a stove burner, bedroll, a shredded tent and a rucksack with its contents spilled out haphazardly as if someone had rifled through it looking for something.​

“A few might be promising,” Katia replied after tearing herself away from the deathly image before them. She resisted the urge to rub at her temples and the headache that lingered just behind her eyes, and turned her focus on the room. “This room was ransacked, not destroyed in the fight between them.”​

Kneeling down at the entrance and the dust gathered, the Russian special ops noted their boot prints among those of the lycan and the man's. She also noticed two more human sets and frowned. “The lycan was not alone. I would safely guess that his friends tore this place apart trying to find whatever the man had.”​

[​IMG]

Josephus Carter, Gustavo Guerrero, Kevin O'Brian, Angela

Construction Site, West 46th Street, Manhattan

As they approached the construction site, they would find the typical security fence around the building. However the gate that allowed the workers in and out and would normally be closed, was wide open. Inside the site's grounds and covered in snow were various types of construction trucks and machinery, supplies from wood to steel beams, plastic sheeting, and tablets of various other materials one would find for the construction of a skyrise.​

“Um... I guess we won't have any trouble finding something here after all,” Angela commented as she glanced around the place. Kevin stepped forward through the thick snow, something having caught his eye in the direction of the building itself. In the snow, he could unmistakably see the clear outlines of a foot path made by several people recently. They led from the building through another security gate. “What is it?”​

TAG: @Tim Battershell greyjedi125 Mitth_Fisto

25. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    GM Approved

Name: Michelle Lawton

Race: Human

Nationality: African American

Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Michelle is about 5'9" with an average build. She has a pocket watch that was given to her by her grandmother and glasses to be able to see. She usually is seen in woman's suits and will be rarely seen with something else. She carries in her pocket a small concealed revolver with silver bullets and in her other pocket, a small knife for self defense. She kept with her the bible that she used in her many court cases over time as her way of remembering her old job.

Where Were You: She was in the middle of a court preceding when the news had arrived of what they called a massacre. She adjurned the court for the day and began to drive home. She past by a strange group of people on her way home. When she got home she watched the news at heard the exact story of what they were calling the Ash Wednesday Massacre. She borded up the windows with furniture, grabbed some supplies and headed out to the one place she knew that she could find sanctuary and peace, St. Patrick’s Cathedral. She talked with Father MacCaffery when she arrived and she was allowed to stay.

Brief Background: Lawton was for many years a judge for the New York Court of Appeals. She had delt mainly with criminal cases and was dedicated to the job to the extent that many called her obsessed with the job. Many said she should run for the New York Supreme Court but she believed her place was there.

Lawton was born in Miami, Florida and when she was ten she moved to New York. She had been raised by her grandmother after her parents died of a car accident. She went to colledge and got a doctorate in law. She got a job as a lawyer and after five years, she became a judge. Two years after her grandmother passed away and it hardened her. She became a very stern, cold and straight forward person who followed the law even when it seemed wrong. This was why she never married and lived alone.

Though she was really a cold and mean person to most, she was always a very religious minded person of catholic faith and would go regulary to St. Patrick's Cathedral since she arrived in New York. She met Father MacCaffery a week before the massacre and when it did happen she knew she would be safe there. When the Father assumed the leadership role of the sanctuary, she followed behind him.

In the ten years since she has helped the Father create a working community and a safer one but no one is really truely safe from the plague that is the lycans.

Tim Battershell and greyjedi125 like this.