main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Blood Moon

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I heard on the news last night that there is a total eclipse of the moon happening tonight, and due to atmospheric conditions, it will likely turn reddish in colour: the storied "Blood Moon" of many an ancient prophecy. This will be around 2045hrs tonight, so have a peek out of your windows around then and see what you can see.

Now if only we had someone with a digital camera who could wander around the legislature and set up a really eerie shot for our banner... ;)

"That's no moon!" :D

Have a good one,

*Derisa*

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Damn clouds out here in Toronto blocked everything. I had been waiting for this night for months oh well. I hope you fair better out here Derisa :)

EDIT: More Information

Check the following website for more info here

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    9:51 p.m. check outside: still no moon to be seen, thanks to the persistent scudding, heavy cloudcover; Jupiter is easily visible in another quadrant of the sky, of course - but thanks to this city's ever-tempestuous weather....no lunar eclipse for us. It seems a terrible shame to be forced to wait until November for the next one.... I will keep checking for any more hopeful signs outside over the next hour or so, but by and large - this eclipse would seem to have been a bust for Victoria as well. Most unfortunate thing, actually. Though perhaps it would only be still more unbearably aggravating if the cloudcover had ended up obscuring a full solar eclipse....

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.