main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blood of a Slave (A/P, TPM, AU) Final chapter posted- 6/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vivid_Scripts, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Karebeer and Jedi_Bant let change our tactic!

I like the King! :D

He is ehh sort of against slavery and wants to help the poor, because he lived once close to them.
    He is a wounderful king, husband, father and master and... to good to be true!!! OOOps :D

2. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    *points at Jeday* MINORITY REPORT, HERE!!! :D
    Y'all know what Anakin and Padme need to do?
    Make up and make out! :D

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well it sounds like Artanis' father did not share his view on things.

Okay, it does seem like he has honorable intentions on many issues, but I still just don't know about him...

Great post!

4. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    this chapter's a LOT longer than most of the chapters were... hope you enjoy!

thx for reading, all

Chapter XIX

?You had a long day??

Artanis nodded solemnly. ?A very long day.?

?What happened, why were you in council for so long?? Kiara took a seat next to him on the bed. It was a few minutes after eleven when he finally walked in.

?Do you remember when we used to live in that apartment? When I said that if I were king, I would never be like my father? That I would change the city from the top down??

?We were idealistic then.?

?Having nothing tends to make people idealistic. Now? now we have everything, except the ideal. I wasn?t trying to change things anymore; I was sitting in those council meetings and accepting them as they are.? Artanis took a deep breath. ?I took control today, and put the nobles in their place. I don?t know why I waited so long to finally do it, either, but things are going to start changing.?

?I?m supporting you, no matter what happens.? Kiara placed her arm around him. He smiled, her reassurance meant a lot to him, because he knew he was on shaky ground.

?I spent the entire day arguing and negotiating with the nobles, and I?m sure you don?t want to hear about it? how was your day??

?I visited the various shelters and charities we set up around the city. I visited our old apartment in Jullanar.? She shook her head. ?The shelter?s done a lot, but it?s like trying to collar a Krayt Dragon with rope. Every time I walk through the streets of the ghettoes, there are more addicts, more homeless, more dying. You?re right- we can?t change things from the bottom of the ladder.?

?I?m ending it.? Artanis said sternly. ?I?ve set a motion that will cut all the supply. All caravans will be thoroughly inspected, and those smuggling narcotics will be severely punished.?

?That didn?t go over too well, did it??

?The nobles are outraged. But they are irrelevant. The people are what matter.?

?Indeed.? Kiara nodded. ?Padmè came with me today, because Alexi was at school. It having her along, she tells some great stories.?

?Stories about what??

?About her childhood on her home planet, Naboo. I liked hearing about an exotic world. Lakes and rivers??

?They have that much water?? Artanis eyes widened.

?Hard to believe.? His wife nodded. ?And I?ve been thinking about the name of the baby.?

?Already? We still have another eight months until it arrives!?

?Well, it?s never too early to start thinking about it. Beru and Reihla were left over from the list I had when we tried to figure out Alexi?s name. Padmè recommended the name ?Sola?.?

?Sola? I like that? it sounds? foreign.?

?It is. Padmè said it was her sister?s name.?

?Her sister?s-? Artanis stopped himself mid-sentence. A silent shock came over him as he realized that all the names Kiara had mentioned were girl?s names. ?You checked??

?Yes.? Kiara smiled vibrantly, revealing why she had been thinking of names all day. ?We?re having another girl??

Artanis drew forward and embraced her at hearing this delightful news. In all honesty, he was a bit disappointed, and a part of him was hoping for a boy, but having another girl was fine with him. He felt something else, a sort of tension in his wife?s embrace. ?Wait? what?s wrong??

?It?s Padmè. She?s been telling me stories of her family, and I know that time she spends here is time she spends away from them.? Kiara sighed. ?It must be hard for her to cope, and it?s been bothering me all day.?

?Do you think you could let go of her??

?What do you mean?? Kiara blinked. ?You?ve emancipated the slaves??

?Not yet, but I will soon. Before the Boonta Eve Classic, that?s for sure?? Artanis said. ?I wasn?t sure when I was going to tell you, but I?ve been thinking about it for a long time.?

?It?s been a long time coming, and I?ve been thinking about it, too.? Kiara admitted. She bit her lip as she took some time to consider the consequences of a feat as monumental as this. The entire city could be pushed into an upheaval if

5. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    *chuckles* Poor Anakin. And the queen is gonna have a girl and she's gonna call her Sola? Yay!

Great post!

~Mariana*~

6. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    ?It?s alright.? Anakin casually admitted. His hand rotated around hers. Rather than a passionate grab, he countered her advance with a nonchalant handshake. ?I?ll be fine.?

I?m such an idiot. He kicked himself.

Awww...Poor Anakin. Hopefully, this won't be his last chance though. ;)

?They have that much water?? Artanis eyes widened.

LOL! I loved that reaction. Just shows how easy it is to take things for granted.

Okay, with each post, you make it a little harder to dislike the king and queen, but - at the risk of sounding like a broken record (wow, just gave away my age there) - I still just don't know about them. :p

7. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    ?You?ve emancipated the slaves??

Why do I have a feeling this'll be the good thing that backfires horribly?

?I can?t understand why you care so much. No one else ever has.?

Oh, the angst. Poor Ani.

8. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Angst? That? Nahhhh [face_devil]

Yea it inspires a 'Poor Anakin' but it could be whole lot angstier [face_devil]

Good chapter :D

9. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Angst? That? Nahhhh

Yea it inspires a 'Poor Anakin' but it could be whole lot angstier

Of that I have no doubt. Bring it on!

10. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Emancipating the slaves... That could get interesting. Will Padme choose to stay with Alexi? Will Anakin choose to stay with Padme?

Don't worry Gina. I'm not that old and I had records as a kid. I don't remember 8-tracks though.

11. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Kiara blinked. You've emancipated the slaves?
    [face_laugh]
    Seems very good news to her! :D
    I like the king more and more. ;) :D

12. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Eh?! Eeeeeeeeeeeee...
    PADME AMIDALA NABERRIE, YOU GET YER BUTT BACK TO NABOO AND YOU PLAY SOCCER WITH THAT NUTE GUNRAY'S UGLY HEAD, YOU HEAR ME?!
    Heh... :D
    Yup, Ani. Things got akward REAL fast. Bozo. *smacks Anakin*

13. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    NEW CHAPTER!!!

you'll like this one, methinks...

Chapter XX

* Five Days Later *

Anakin stared at himself in the mirror. Where the bandages had covered his wounds a few days ago, there were only remnants of a jagged scar. It only took him two days to recover in time to get back to work, and it was a renewed sense of vigor and youthful enthusiasm that allowed him to repair the rest of the pod in record time. Now there were issues and dilemmas more complex than broken podracers to deal with.

Artanis had done a good job of supporting and promoting Anakin to the nobles. The king primarily used his weight to pressure the nobles into supporting Anakin as Baki?s rider in the Boonta Eve Classic. Now Anakin had to attend a ball to meet the nobles, and judging from the way Artanis talked about the nobles, it wasn?t going to be a very enjoyable experience. Anakin glared at the suit he had to wear. Granted it was going to be a cool summer night, but those layers of formal robes were bound to get uncomfortable over long periods of time.

He looked back at his own reflection in the mirror. Still topless, Anakin couldn?t help but notice the way his muscles were really beginning to develop. In Watto?s shop, he had done little more than small parts repair and stock organizing. Repairing a podracer, on the other hand, required much more heavy lifting and was quite a bit more taxing on the body. All in all, he had become much stronger, he felt that way, and he certainly looked it.

?Anakin?? The slave boy turned around as the door to his room slid open. Artanis walked in and scowled as he saw that Anakin was still undressed. ?Why aren?t you still dressed yet? What are you waiting for? The ball starts in thirty minutes.?

?No, I just?? Anakin fidgeted with the small cloth in his hand. ?Exactly what is this??

Artanis chuckled. ?Well, you?d want to put on the rest of the suit first, the robes and everything before you worry about that.? Anakin did as was told, and Artanis took the cloth from him, laughing as he tied and knotted it in several places.

?What?s so funny??

?Nothing? well, you have to appreciate the irony of it.? Artanis smirked. ?You just finished repairing a podracer in record time, but you can?t figure out how to knot your own tie??

?Well, I didn?t even know what it was!? Anakin pleaded as he slipped on his coat.

?You?re wearing that backwards.?

Anakin?s eyes narrowed as his lips twisted with frustration. He quickly slipped the garment off and placed it back on correctly. Artanis grinned again as he finished his work with the tie.

?Don?t worry about anything, Anakin. You have the easy role; all you need to do is shake everyone?s hand at least once and smile.? Artanis sighed. ?The nobles will pretend like they don?t hate me, and the merchants will try hard to leech any kind of favor out of me. I?m going to have to spend the entire night discussing politics with them??

?Sounds like I got the better part of the deal.?

?Anakin, you?re still wearing that coat backwards.?

?Dressing for success? wasn?t such a disaster after all. Anakin found that he was constantly studying himself every time he came to a mirror because he did look that good in a suit. The ball however was not nearly as amazing.

Artanis introduced Anakin individually to all of those in attendance- the lords, nobles, and high merchants that were essentially the movers and shakers of Baki. After that, there wasn?t much else to do. Dinner was served, and it was good, but the conversation wasn?t exactly stimulating, not to Anakin at least. While the nobles and merchants digressed into their own humor, Anakin found himself drifting away from the moment. He passively paced around the ball reception.

?Anakin??

?Padmé?? Anakin analyzed her. She was absolutely stunning, wearing a deep orange dress that was obviously colored to match the endless dunes. He hadn?t seen her for four days. ?Wow, what are you doing here? I thought I was the only slave that had to be subjected to this torture.?

14. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Well, finally! Now I hope they will stop squabbling.

15. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    See what I mean? Make-out! It's the best solution to everything!!!
    :D

16. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Well it's about time. :p

Loved the part about the night-blooming flower.

17. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Whens Obi gunna come back to get them? :(

Or even better (at least IMO) Maul gunna come and get Anakin to 'train' [face_devil]

Great chapter :D

18. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
  19. DARTH_MARIANA

DARTH_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoo-hoo! All right! Love is in the air! [face_love]

Great post!

~*Mariana*~

20. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    D'oh! What's this doing at the bottom of page 3? Here's a quick up before my lunch break is over.

21. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
  22. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Chapter XXI

Padmé kissed him back, refusing to acknowledge the nervousness that welled up in her chest. Her arms reached around him as she continued to kiss him. That moment seemed to last forever as the garden was illuminated by the pale glow of the nocturnal bloom.

Anakin let out a light breath. His arms twitched nervously as if they had just realized the bold move he had made. ?Is that what you meant to say?? He asked.

She giggled before letting out a sigh of contentment and resting her head against his shoulder. They stood together silent for a long time, allowing the moment to capture them as the flowers bathed with their pale glow.

?Why did it take so long for this to finally happen?? She asked him, just a hint of reluctance in her voice. ?I? I always liked you, Anakin??

He acknowledged her statements with a kiss? a deep passionate kiss that sent the entire world careening, spiraling out of control. Her world slowly stabilized again as she backed away, looking deep into his cool blue eyes. He gave her hand a light squeeze and she embraced him again.

?They?re so beautiful?? She whispered as she motioned to the flowers again.

?They can?t compare to you?? Anakin whispered back. She blushed modestly. ?I?ve thought about you a lot, Padmé?? Anakin admitted. ?You?re always on my mind, I find myself thinking about you when I don?t want to? taking long walks around the palace, hoping to somehow run into you?I care for you, Padmé, and I want this- us.?

Padmé gushed with emotion as she felt her breath melt away. ?I want this too- but this is going to be difficult for us.?

?I know. My entire life, I?ve been a slave. I?ve felt like nothing, and I?ve had nothing- there?s nothing I can give you, except what?s here.? He placed her hand over his heart.

Padmé gasped. She was at a complete loss of words? he had just pledged his life, his love to her and now tears were threatening to pour out of her eyes. Why? She clasped his hand. ?Let?s go inside, Anakin. I have something for you.?

?The Boonta Eve classic is in three weeks, and I am leaving for Mos Espa tomorrow. You know that.?

?Yes, my lord.? Mathias bowed to the king.

?Am I correct to believe that you can keep the city in order?? Artanis asked.

?Yes, master. I will keep the nobles in line for the month or so you are away.? Mathias replied.

?I?ve put them in their place, and I doubt that they will try to make any moves in my absence. Nonetheless, I want you to be cautious- contact me immediately if you sense any kind of trouble.?

?What about your plans to free the slaves??

?I will put that into play when I return. I?ve already installed a number of new laws and reforms; the city is volatile and needs some time to cool off before I abolish slavery. You must make sure that things run smoothly in my absence.?

?I will, master.?

?Good.? Artanis nodded. ?It is late. I will retire, tomorrow promises to be a busy day.?

?This is your room??

Padmé couldn?t help but grin as she saw his eyes goggle. ?Yes, it is.?

?Queen Kiara must really love you??

?I guess she does, doesn?t she?? Padmé laughed. ?She?s a very generous and kind master. I guess I?m happy to be in her service. I?d much rather be here than at Watto?s shop or Jabba?s palace.?

?Of course you would.? Anakin commented absent-mindedly as he looked around. Padmé?s suite was nearly twice the size of his. Furthermore, it was complete with a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, and enough fancy furniture to overstock the slave quarters.

?Queen Kiara really sort of holds me in high esteem because I take care of Alexi.?

?You really like her, don?t you??

?Alexi? Well she?s really like a little sister to me.?

?I was talking about Kiara.?

?Oh- well, I do. She?s a good leader and a wonderful person.? Padmé paused as she rummaged through her desk. ?The other day, I accompanied her to this shelter she supports in the middle of the ghetto.?

?A homeless shelter??

?Yeah. It was? wonderful.?

?I?m sure

23. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Beautiful post.

24. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    thx Karebear!

up!

25. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Okay, the birthday gift was sooo sweet! It was so touching, the way she remembered his birthday just from a glance at the calendar. That's the sort of thing you do when you really care about someone.

Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.