main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blood of a Slave (A/P, TPM, AU) Final chapter posted- 6/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vivid_Scripts, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    NEW CHAPTER!!!

Chapter XXIV

* The Next Day *

Padmé smiled to herself as she watched Anakin sleep peacefully. He had been resting for a long twenty hours now, and in that time, she browsed around the outside market and bought him some new clothes to replace the stained ones she had thrown out. She placed the set of clothes at his feet before sitting on the bed next to him. He stirred in his sleep, until slowly, his eyelids slid open.

?Good morning.? Padmé smiled.

He smiled back. ?You?re so beautiful??

She blushed modestly before caressing his face with her right hand. Anakin closed his eyes, finding a near absolute peace under her convalescent care. She took note of how Anakin had gradually recovered over the past twenty hours- the swelling of his facial bruises had decreased, and the discoloration was getting better, but the bump over his jaw was still dead black. She leaned over and kissed him.

?Do you feel better?? She whispered into his ear.

?A little.? He whispered back. He kept his eyes shut.

?We need to get back to the convoy.?

The slave boy came to life as his eyes slid open and his shoulders squared up. ?No, well, not yet, at least.? He scooted back a bit and sat up in bed, leaning his back against the wall. Her right hand had fallen from his face and now rested upon his shoulder. ?I promised myself that I would show you a good time, and I will. We can spend the day in the city, Padmé- I?ll show you around the places where I grew up.?

She smiled. ?Alright, we can spend the day around town- but just one condition.?

?What is it?? Anakin?s eyebrow flared.

?We eat brunch first.?

Padmé closely followed Anakin through the streets of Mos Espa. As Queen, she had been used to having security guards protect her and guard her every move- not that they were necessary, as Naboo was already a peaceful world, where most weapons were banned and there was little need for security. As a child growing up in the suburbs and later in the heart of Theed, she was used to having friendly neighbors and peaceful days.

Mos Espa was different- very different. Everyone was stern and dangerous-looking. Criminals saturated the streets and various shops, all of them bearing arms and dangerous attitudes. The potential dangers that lurked around every corner certainly caught Padmé?s attention. Deep inside, she was stewing with concern, and the natural boost of adrenaline that is naturally packaged with anxiety, but the rush wasn?t coming from fear- it was a strong excitement that grasped her. This sort of danger- the streets- was something she had never known before, every time she stepped off the sidewalk, it felt like a heart-pounding adventure into the concrete jungle.

Anakin was her guide- the native giving the lay of the land to a foreign explorer. The Mos Espa streets were full of thieves that lurked and murderers that plotted, but Anakin dodged them all like an ace driver weaves around obstacles. He navigated the streets like he had known them from the first day of his conception- the pair managed to maintain a low profile while swimming amongst the sharks.

The pair eventually came to a small restaurant near the center of the town. Anakin led Padmé inside and the two took a seat by a window. Anakin coolly relaxed his shoulders as he leaned back.

?Was that walk stressful for you, too?? Padmé asked.

Anakin scowled. ?What do you mean??

?Nothing, it?s just? that was a bit tense back there, didn?t you think??

?You mean that you felt a bit threatened by some of the people wandering in the streets.?

?Well, some of them looked really dangerous.?

?They are.? Anakin leaned forward onto the table. ?Tatooine is a place people come when they don?t want to be found. And if they don?t want to be found, then they?ll be trying their hardest not to cause any trouble, right??

Padmé nodded hesitantly. ?You grew up around all of that? Those cutthroats??

?Yes, I did. Wattoo always kept me on a tight leash because he didn?t want his ?property? damaged by hazar

2. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    developments from the latest Trade Federation Annex-World, Naboo

Crap! Crapcrapcrap! Why don't I like the sound of that?

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    we finally have news on some developments from the latest Trade Federation Annex-World, Naboo.?

Oh, no...

That was so sweet, the way they spent the morning getting to know each other.

Great post.

4. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Well, the whole thing got one flaw.... they not got the real queen.

Of course no one knows that yet, but the Jedi would be able to confirm that. So I bet as soon as Anakin is free, thier first stop won't be Naboo, but Coruscant... Boy, will be interesting when Padmè brings her case to the council because of the two lost knights, and they get wind of his powers....

5. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    This will break Padmes heart. :( She has to leave Anakin and go back to save Naboo.

6. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    finally... NEW CHAPTER!!!

Chapter XXV

?A treaty between the Federation and the Naboo was ratified by the senate a few months ago. Since then, an iron curtain has practically closed upon the world, and no news or information has been trafficked in or out, until now. I would like to warn our viewers that the following images are graphic and unsettling. Viewer discretion is advised.?

Padmé?s eyes flooded with tears as she looked on in horror.

?There is obviously evidence of a prolonged conflict and rebellion amidst the civilian population.? The commentary ran on as images continued to flash. ?We can see that the once beautiful and majestic city of Theed has been reduced to a smoldering ruin. The Nabooian countryside was not spared from the havoc, either.?

Padmé collapsed in tears. Anakin scowled as a strong brush of concern came over him. He placed his hand reassuringly on Padmé?s back. His hardened expression softened as he pulled her close, resting her head against his shoulder. He glared at the waiter. ?Turn it off.? He ordered sternly.

?No.? Padmé looked up at him, her eyes alive with pain. ?Don?t.?

Anakin looked back at the waiter and nodded silently.

?Now, we wonder, exactly why this was allowed to happen. Recently elected Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is of Nabooian Ancestry, and was once the senator representing Naboo. The Chancellor will undoubtedly push for measures in the Senate, but many political analysts believe that he will be unable to rally support.? The newscaster reported. ?Another issue requiring investigation is the status of Nabooian Queen Amidala.?

Padmé?s gaze narrowed as she looked up at the monitor.

?It is believed that Amidala signed the treaty that allowed Federation presence of Naboo, and has since vanished. Most members of her council, her administration, and her family have disappeared as well. It is difficult to determine weather Amidala fled or was the victim of foul play, yet the truth remains that she has vanished, and whatever leader the Naboo once had is gone.?

Padmé fell absolutely silent. There was not a whimper or tear that escaped her- she fell into long quiet that garnered her feelings of absolute defeat. She fell into stunted shock as she realized what this meant. Her family, the Naberries, were gone. ?Disappeared?. Her stunted shock did not fail to alarm Anakin. The slave boy called for the check, and the two quickly left the café.

?I?m sorry.? Anakin whispered as they walked down the street, hand in hand. She kissed him gingerly.

Padmé sniffled. ?There?s? there?s something I need to tell you.? He nodded and led her down to a small, secluded alcove amidst the various back alleys.

?I?m so sorry.? Anakin confessed as he embraced her. ?I wish I could have seen everything- everything you told me about.? Anakin?s voice was hollow and grieved. ?Your village? all the places you told me about in Theed??

?It?s nothing but ruins now.? Padmé remarked coldly. The images from Naboo were still fresh in her mind- the horrifying ruins, the battered bodies of revolutionaries crushed by the droid armies. ?I?m not going back.?

?You?re not?? There was something about her stern voice and harshness of her voice that disturbed him. Her voice was so desolate and absolute, filled with despair.

?I have nothing to return to. It?s gone. Everything.?

?What about your family??

?The only family I have is here?? Her solemn expression remained unshaken by his inquiries.

Anakin shook his head. ?Padmé? its alright-?

?Its not!? Her stern expression finally broke apart at the seams. She surged forward into his arms and wept against his shoulder. She had no family. She had no people. She had no kingdom. It seemed that every aspect of Queen Amidala had ceased to exist- tt was time to face it. ?They?re gone, Anakin. My home, my family? I-I have nothing now.?

?You have me.? Anakin offered tenderly. ?I wish I could change things? I wish we could go to Naboo, and see your family. I wanted to meet your father, and your mother, and thank them f

7. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Well, I didn't expect that! Poor Padme. I guess the bright side to all she's been through is that she is still alive. I was touched by the Queen's offer and I'm interested to see where it leads...

8. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm baaack... and I only missed two chapters. An interesting turn of events now that they are staying.

9. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
    You don't even want to know where I found this! I'll give it an up! New chapter soon?

10. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    i'm not sure when i'll next get to update this (finals is this week, and i'm quite busy) but thanks to all my readers for reading... i'll have a new chapter up as soon as I can manage

11. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmmm...I'm curious about what Padme's "request" of the queen will be.

12. qtrhrs78

Sep 1, 2003
    Giving this a quick up.

13. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    I really let this fall off, and I hate myself for it. I must apologize to all of you, my readers, because I left you hanging. I know that there are a few plot points I still must resolve, but this Fic is pretty much finished. The next post (i'll get it up monday or tuesday, I PROMISE) will resolve these plot points and it will be the final.

But while this fic is may be over, the Plot Arc isnt. Earlier, I spoke of a sequel based around Obi-Wan, and that's what i've been working on for the past 3+ weeks. I've been trying to keep it under wraps, but I can hold my breath no more. I'll not say when I intend to begin posting, but I've done a lot of work (and gotten a lot of help) to refine, sharpen and tune it, and I (hope) that it will be my best fic yet. Obi-Wan and Siri are the main characters... those are the only details i'll leak for now.

Thanks to all for reading... I'll get Chapter XXVI done soon.

14. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    FINAL CHAPTER...

Chapter XXVI

Six days later?

Anakin stumbled out of his Podracer. The reality of what he had just done never settled in until he heard the roar of the crowd. He stumbled around, dizzy and dazed, as he pried off the helmet and tossed it to the side. His eyes glazed as he looked upon the millions of cheering spectators. He felt the euphoria set in completely?

?You did it, kid! You did it!? Artanis roared as he charged down from the bleachers, followed by a crowd of entourage and security personnel. He swept the slave boy up into his arms and hoisted him into the air. Anakin threw up his arms; both hands balled into fists, and let out a roar of triumph.

Anakin scanned the crowd as the entire entourage continued to scream and cheer. His victory here today at the Boonta Eve Classic could easily register as the single largest upset in the history of podracing. Many of the spectators had already begun to file out of the arena. The initial shock of the moment had worn off and they realized that they had lost so many of the heavy bets they placed upon Sebulba.

Anakin found Padmé amidst the crowd, sitting on the Queen?s right. She looked stunning dressed in cerulean Royal garb with a magnificent diamond tiara sitting atop her head. She smiled at Anakin benevolently. All of the energy, excitement and euphoria of the moment faded away, replaced by a new sensation that tingled in his chest. He smiled back at her. She was a princess, a queen? a goddess even. He loved her.

Anakin looked upon the trophy case enamored by the huge golden prize he had been awarded. It was a culmination of his fourteen years of struggle. Finally, after all these years of hard work and pain, he had been awarded something to compliment his efforts. He gently let his fingers rest upon the case. As he slid his fingers down the glass, he felt a sense of achievement wash over him, a feeling of self-worth. It was a feeling he had never known before.

?Congratulations, Anakin,? Artanis said. ?You?ve exceeded everyone?s expectations, even my own. I?m impressed, and I?m proud of you.?

?Thank you, master.?

?I may have put you up to this race and the task of fixing that pod, but no matter how much help I gave you, this accomplishment is yours, and yours alone. Never forget that.?

Anakin placed both hands upon the trophy case, his eyes glazed with pride and tears. How could he ever forget this?

?You?ve done a great thing here, Anakin, and I?m here to tell you that you are free.?

?Free??

?Free to go wherever you wish. That is what you want, isn?t it??

Anakin remained silent, contemplatively gazing at his golden trophy.

?This is your fair share of the winnings, for you to spend as you best see fit.? Artanis placed a sack of trugnuts. ?Fifty thousand is your cut. The odds were fifty-to-one against you.? Artanis chuckled. ?Take care, Anakin.?

?Wait. King Artanis, wait.?

?What is it??

Anakin turned around to face him. ?If you?d be willing to have me sir, I?d rather stay with you.?

?You mean this freedom isn?t what you want??

?No, it?s just? I?m anxious to return to Baki. And I?ve enjoyed the time I?ve spent in your service.?

?You mean you?ve valued my presence??

?Yes, master. And I?d rather stay with you than leave.?

?Then you shall.? Artanis smiled. ?You are a diligent and talented young man, Anakin, and I?m honored that you chose to remain with me. You left Baki as a slave, and now you will return as a hero, as a man of honor.?

?Thank you, King Artanis.?

Artanis benevolently patted him on the shoulder. ?If there?s anything you ever need, Anakin, just ask me.? The King shook his hand before he began to walk away. ?Remember, Anakin, we leave for Baki first thing in the morning.?

Anakin smiled contently as the King left his presence.

?Have you been watching this whole time??

Padmé emerged from her hiding place behind a pair of stacked crates, grinning sheepishly.

?Padmé, you look beautiful.?

She kissed him. ?And you won the race? but for some

15. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Yay, he won! (no surprise there) And I knew (hoped) Artanis would free him. You've cut their ties to family and they are both free agents, so to speak. No Jedi. No politicians. Only whatever life they choose to build for themselves. Interesting. The galaxy holds many possibilities.

16. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea! Anakin won, and the king freed him!

?Well, I never predicted that I would fall in love with you.?

Awww...That line was so sweet.

Great job! :)

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah, that was a really nice resolution to the story. It's sad about Naboo, of course, but I'm glad Anakin and Padmé found some peace and something like family for themselves. Maybe it'll be better for them to just stay out of the big problems of the galaxy. Maybe not... I don't know. At least they have a shot at a normal life now :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, that was a very creative AU! Very interesting how Padme stays royalty even w/ the twists of events. I do feel sorry for Naboo though.

19. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    SJ and Bobill, thanks for reading! I thought that this really had gone out in a whimper, like most of my stories tend to, but you guys hung in.

If you're thinking poor Naboo now, wait until you see AU Naboo in "All Falls Down"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.