main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blood of Heroes on hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth Geist, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    As of yesterday, I was about 15-20 pages into my Episode II: The Blood of Heroes screenplay, which deals largely with a terrorist trying to bring down what will soon become the Empire. In a nutshell, the Jedi send a small group to capture him, with the Senate pressing for war all the while. I thought things were progressing well.

Then, it happened.

Not only does the subject matter seem too close to home to belong in a galaxy far, far away, but thus far, I've portrayed the terrorist leader in a somewhat sympathetic light; he shows compassion for his men, he shows remorse for the damage he does, and he believes that only through bringing down Palpatine's corrupt regime can anyone know any kind of peace.

Although I didn't base the character off of any real life figure, I worry that people may misinterpret what I'm trying to say, and besides that, it feels like the wrong time to tell this story.

I'll keep working on it, but I don't plan to post anything more for a few weeks at least. Thanks to all my readers for your interest and support, and MTFBWYA.

~DG

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I actually had a scene worked into one of my stories where a terrorist crashes his starship into an apartment complex on Coruscant and kills thousands of ppl just to get to one person, but I am removing it, as it no longer seemed appropriate.

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    What story was this? I'm gonna have to put that Podrace story on hiatus as well, since it's too similar to Black Sunday, which also involves terrorists.

4. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    It's the story where Lawg offs Kathar.

5. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Was he the terrorist? I thought the story was gonna take place at only one location, but apparently, the plot has thickened. :)

6. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    No Kathar was not the terrorist.

7. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Could you spoil me? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.