Beyond Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Interesting start to the story. I love the imagery you use.

Hmm, save him and Tahiri is the second on the character list in the subject. Anakin isn't particularly likely, but he is a possibility.

Please add me to the PM list.
  2. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Yobi:

Hello there :D
    It is impressive how you manage to keep on time with your stories ? =D= it is just awesome ? at some point you have to tell me your secret ;)

Title: Blood Trail

This something to do with the blood Jaina was not able to wipe away from her face? :p

Keywords: Intergalactic Rorschach Test

That is a very interesting Keyword .. once again .. :p
    But I think the walrus you do not beat ;)

It will probably be a trilogy.

A trilogy?!
    Is anything with you a short story? Or did you scratch that from your vocabulary? :p

Dramatis Personae

Allana (Amelia); Heir to the Throne of the Hapes Consortium (female human)

Nice to see her in this :D
    Still with her grandparents .. erm .. caretakers?

Boba Fett; Mandalorian bounty hunter, Mandalore (male human)

That is surprise

C-3PO; protocol droid

Ohh Han will be so happy about that :D

Jagged Fel; Grand Moff of the Imperial Remnant (male human)

[face_love]

Jaina Solo; former Jedi Knight (female human)

:D

R2-D2; astromech droid

When there is a C3PO there must be also a R2-D2

Tahiri Veila; former Jedi Knight (female human)

Now I notice that not only her but also Jaina is a former Jedi [face_thinking]

The list is unusual short for you :p

Prologue: Blood Trail

There was an intruder.

Good start. There is already something dangerous around 8-}

No matter how much she cut herself off from the Force, she couldn't stop the prickles of impending danger from needling her spine or the icy ball of fear that formed between her shoulder blades. There was someone out there, and she couldn't think of any innocent reason for that.

Good descriptions of the feeling of dread, of this foreboding
    Interesting that she can?t get rid of the feeling, no matter what [face_thinking] She never mastered the ability Jacen had with his hiding and making small in the Force *thoughtful*

Jaina Solo rolled out of bed and crouched, palming shapes in the darkness until she felt the leg of the trousers she'd tossed on the floor a few hours earlier next to a sleeveless undershirt made stiff by sweat and dried swamp water.

And she really slips into that again ? ? uhh ?
    The girl must be desperate [face_thinking] And ? *thinks*

She quickly dressed, pulling the shirt over her head and buttoned the waist of her pants, only to reach for the utility belt draped across the small table in her hut? there was a moment there where she expected to feel the weight of her lightsaber dangling from the synthleather loop, but it wasn't there, of course.

Why not? [face_thinking] Well does ?former? Jedi imply to give back the selfmade weapon?

Making sure her blaster was, Jaina cinched her belt around her waist and fastened its buckle before creeping towards the door. Her hut was small, not much larger than the one that existed there decades earlier, and it took the lithe woman only a few strides to reach the door after ducking the low-arching passages.

Okay ? Yoda?s hut? She has found the same place? Then there is the cave of fate not far [face_thinking] Maybe she causes the foreboding feeling ? Jacen somehow? [face_thinking] *thinks*

She palmed the toggle control for the door and crawled through the narrow passage into the fog-blanketed mud outside the home she'd built here two years ago. The stench of Dagobah's sweltering bogs mingled in the cold night air, and Jaina could tell from the musty aroma and faint hint of electricity in the shadows that it was going to rain. She unclipped a glowrod from her belt to help light her way and snapped the device on, casting a beam of golden light through the roving mists.

=D= Beautiful ? though I think Jaina might think differently :p

There was no sign of him.

I think that this is about Jacen ? o_O

Starting forward, she tried to think of who it would be. If it was anyone with good intentions? Uncle Luke or her parents? they wou
  3. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yes another YK fic :D please put me on the PM list :D
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Ant: First!

You are on a roll these days! =D=

Holy moly! Another YodaKenobi ?fic!! *does a happy, somewhat crazy little dance* I?m so on board with this!!!

Aww. Thanks for your enthusiasm :)

Awesome! Even better! I?m glad to hear it.

I'm not 100% sure yet. Maybe it will only be two fics... or one :p

Fabulous title.

Thank you! I think it will work on a number of levels when we get deeper into the story.

And a fabulous beginning!! The descriptions of (looks below for name) Jaina?s reaction to the realisation of the intruder are spot on, just fantastic!!

Thanks. Glad it got you right in the moment.

More great descriptions here! I especially love the part about Jaina?s sweat-logged shirt -- the girl?s been busy training, obviously.

Hehe. Dagobah looks humid as hell. I imagine one would just sweat there all the time 8-} But we know Jaina would want to stay in shape ;)

And an interesting fact that leapt out at me ? ?there was a moment where she expected to feel the weight of her lightsaber?? so, she obviously isn?t carrying it with her I wonder why?
    (And if this is should be obvious, sorry.. I?m not exactly up on my Legacy books? I?m still waiting for Sacrifice to hit the bookstores here in Oz. )

Nah, it wouldn't be obvious from the conclusion of LotF. It's something I've made up in this story.

Ah. Dagobah. Interesting. Self-imposed exile?

Precisely.

Not necessarily. It could be Zekk, come to steal her away to a caged bedroom on a faraway island, ala Days of our Lives (Sorry, couldn?t resist!)

You don't expect me to know what you're talking about, right? 8-} And, big Invincible spoiler here (don't read if you don't want to know) The book leaves the impression at least, that Zekk is dead.

Ah. So my line of thinking was correct.

Yep, dead on.

Ouch. Glad she decided on exile then. We didn?t need another Caedus.

But he was so much fun 8-}

Jag, too? *lip wobble*

Apparently, though he might have left her first, given his new occupation. I'm sure we'll get something on that later.

Uh-oh? That cave has never been good for the Skywalker family? I don?t like the sound of this?

Anakin Solo made it through all right :cool:

Wait a minute? she?s not going to go in there and see herself in Caedus? clothing, is she?

Too obvious ;)

Gah!! See!! I told you that cave was bad news!!

If Jorj Car'das is to be believed, it's all Yoda's fault.

Ok, wonderful descriptions here again. I have a feeling this has something to do with the last Legacy book (if my suspicions of who the dark character is are correct), so I?m ignorant to what this implies.
    Still, this is amazing!

Thanks, and yeah, I'm sorry if it's confusing. This story will probably ruin Invincible for you. If you're interested in staying spoiler free, you probably don't want to read it yet.

Now that?s gotta be a shock to the system! But at least I was thinking in the right direction for once? I so seldom do that.

Yeah, you were close.

Co-ool! More amazing descriptions -- this is fabulous!!

Thanks!

The real Jacen, or someone else?
    LUKE?!?

Awesome guesses... What do you know about Invincible? Particularly Luke's role? [face_thinking]

Phew! It was just a hideously scary nightmare! That was lucky.

Yep, just a dream. Go back to sleep ;
    Whoa!! Ok, so that?s one really creepy nightmare!! Jacen burning Jaina from beyond the grave? I love it!!

Well, it's not a burn exactly. It's a Nightsister Blood Trail. Jaina was spattered with Jacen's blood in Invincible and he used this technique to track her. She did feel like it was very hot when it hit her though, like it was burning. By the end of the book the stains have vanished.

Th
  5. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Yobi! This looks like its going to be very interesting. I wish I had more energy to reply with at the moment, but I'm wiped out. I-) Looking forward to more! [:D]

Are you keeping your head above water up north there?
  6. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Wes...you know the fic is awesome when you get both a Days of Our Lives and a Young and The Restless reference!

:p

Cyn
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Bellum: WOW!!!! A post-Legacy of the Force!! Fine!!!!

Glad you're excited ;)

And about Allana is!!!

Yep, we'll be seeing her.

With impatience I wait for updating. You are simple a miracle!!!

lol! Thanks O:)

*has immediately dragged off the chapter to itself and greedy reads*

Hope you like it :)

Thanks for reading and replying!

TKeira_Lea: Wow! A post-LOTF fic. I'm excited to see you venture this far into canon, especially since your knowledge of the EU is so incredible. It'll give your story wonderful depth.

Thanks, it seemed like a fun challenge.

I wrote this in one sitting, took about an hour. I really haven't changed anything, so hopefully it doesn't seem too clumsy.

I'm curious if you put Tahiri second to Jaina in the title bar because she's going to have a big role...

I'd say that's a safe bet. Ben, Jaina, and Tahiri are probably the "main" characters, for at least the first half of the story. Can't say much about why though.

Love the name of the story. I thought the blood trail idea in Inv was truly inspired.

Yeah, one of my favorite parts of the book. I'm a big fan of the mystic Force powers like that, though they're always a bit dangerous, as it's a fine line between something cool and something that treads into KJA overpowering.

And your keyword coupled with the title. I'm pondering the immense possibilities.

Nice catch. Normally my "keywords" are just gibberish as I have never really found a use for that part, but this one actually applies.

Great show right off that bat for what you'll reveal about Jaina's use of the Force later.

Thanks.

Snakes!

Why did it have to be snakes?

Seriously I loved the imagery here.

Thanks again.

She can't seem to leave the SotJ behind, can she?

Luke spelled it out in pretty bleak terms in DW for poor Jaina. It's a burden she'll always be carrying, if he's correct :(

Gah. Who's him?

Someone male? :p

Ah, but you're not going to tell us yet are you?

Yeah, wouldn't be any fun that way.

Great start. I can't wait to see where you take this

Thank you and thanks for reading :)

Ewok: She's never heard Uncle Luke's stories about Yoda?

I'm sure she has and all about the cave. You seem to have figured it out at the end. She was dreaming, fully-conscious Jaina knows about the dark side cave.

She's handed in her lightsaber?

Dismantled it, actually.

I'm vaguely reminded of Leia getting dressed after her one-on-one fight with Khabarakh in Heir to the Empire.:p

I barely remember that scene. Might be time for me to go back and read the Thrawn Trilogy again.

Two years!? Yet she's still expecting her lightsaber? She has some issues, then?

Old habits?

... "him"?
    That's more than she should rationally know. Force instinct? Symbolism? Both?

Both. She either senses it's a male presence or maybe she knows deep down who is out there waiting for her.

Paranoid, Jaina. Perhaps being alone hasn't helped you. Last time we saw a Jedi girl alone on Dagobah, at least some of the Yuuzhan Vong who showed up HAD come randomly in peace and were coincidentally looking for her. Don't you talk to Tahiri?

Actually, no she doesn't talk to Tahiri these days :p

She can't think of any innocent reason why someone would come to see her at this point. We may find out more of why this is later.

And, then there's the Yoda analogy.

Someone coming to her to be trained?

She's not even consciously thinking. In spite of the metaphor, she's the top of the local food-chain.

I probably should have explained that better. The snake is dropping from the tree and running towards Jaina as if there is something ahead that scared it.

</Ewok>"She's wise."
    I never thought I'd call Jaina "Yoda-like", but there ya go. Your 'fic
  8. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    *pats bench beside her*

Sit down, Wes.

Now, the evil Stefano, determined to possess the beautiful Marlena, kidnapped her and imprisioned her in a gilded cage. Beautiful, luxurious but still without freedom. Eventually, the handsome and fearless John Black saves his one true love. Zekk=Stefano, Jaina=Marlena, and Jag=John Black.

As far as Victor/Nikki, they're like the Han/Leia of Star Wars, only with more marriages. Bumped and bruised, but always end up back at each other.

Sheesh...what did you do at college?o_O Don't tell me you actually did course work![face_laugh]

Cyn
  9. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4

Totally agree! :D

Unfortunately, Y&R has been cancelled here in Oz. :( Now all we have is B&B and DOOL, which really stinks, because I loved Y&R. [face_plain]

Cyn's was the Young and The Restless reference. ;)

This is what I meant about the love cage Days of our Lives reference. :p ;)

Ant.

EDIT:

Yeah, that's a very thorough explanation. :D There was also Jan's imprisonment of Shawn, which I linked for YK above. ;)

:eek: :eek:

Scandalous!!

:p
  10. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    PM me please. This is fantastic. You're really great and so is Maggy.
  11. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool bananas - I finally got here.

This looks great. No surprises there though. :D

I can relate to her leaving the Order, and the reasons make sense. It also adds an interesting dimension to the story having her NOT being a Jedi.

Jaina pulled her blaster from its holster and started forward into the murky grove ahead, her legs drowning in fog.
    Ooh - lovely image.

Loved the description of Jacen's manifestation, although it was pretty gruesome. And the "save him" business is intriguing. What does it all mean? Wow.

Great start. =D=
  12. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Cyn: *pats bench beside her*
    Sit down, Wes.
    Now, the evil Stefano, determined to possess the beautiful Marlena, kidnapped her and imprisioned her in a gilded cage. Beautiful, luxurious but still without freedom. Eventually, the handsome and fearless John Black saves his one true love. Zekk=Stefano, Jaina=Marlena, and Jag=John Black.
    As far as Victor/Nikki, they're like the Han/Leia of Star Wars, only with more marriages. Bumped and bruised, but always end up back at each other.

Ah, thanks :p

Sheesh...what did you do at college? Don't tell me you actually did course work!

I've missed out on so much :(

Ant: Cyn's was the Young and The Restless reference.
    This is what I meant about the love cage Days of our Lives reference.

Escape? Why would anyone want to?

Seriously, this is the weakest and dumbest dude in history.

GrandMasterKatarn: PM me please.

Will do :D

This is fantastic.

Glad you like it :)

You're really great and so is Maggy.

Maggy always does a great job.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Tahi: Cool bananas - I finally got here.

Hehe :cool:

This looks great. No surprises there though.

Aww, thanks [face_blush]

I can relate to her leaving the Order, and the reasons make sense. It also adds an interesting dimension to the story having her NOT being a Jedi.

I thought it would be interesting to see her as a non Jedi, yeah. And I'm glad you like the angle. I imagine Jaina will have a lot of baggage to carry around after Invincible.

Ooh - lovely image.

Thanks!

Loved the description of Jacen's manifestation, although it was pretty gruesome.

Yeah, he got pretty messed up in Invincible [face_hypnotized] Quite a brutal little fight.

And the "save him" business is intriguing. What does it all mean? Wow.

Have to wait and see on that one [face_shhh]

Great start.

Thanks again and thanks and replying to another story :D
  13. jagsredlady Jedi Master

star 4
    *slides in before the next post goes up*

As always, Maggy's cover is fantabulous! =D=

This is just the result of a fifteen minute conversation with jagsredlady about the possibilities for post-LotF EU. It will probably be a trilogy.
    A trilogy?! 8-} You?re amazing! =D= And I?m so glad you posted this! :D

Special thanks to jagsredlady for her beta work and all her other help and inspiration.
    [:D]

I loved it from the start as you know since I was begging for more after reading the prologue for the first time. I was totally hooked right off the bat.

She palmed the toggle control for the door and crawled through the narrow passage into the fog-blanketed mud outside the home she'd built here two years ago. The stench of Dagobah's sweltering bogs mingled in the cold night air, and Jaina could tell from the musty aroma and faint hint of electricity in the shadows that it was going to rain. She unclipped a glowrod from her belt to help light her way and snapped the device on, casting a beam of golden light through the roving mists.

I loved the descriptions of Dagobah, I could almost feel and smell the place.

She paused when a vine snake dropped down and glided across the ground, as if being stalked by a predator.
    I like this sort of similitude. =D= A parallel to Jaina feeling like she's being stalked.

There would never be peace for her, she knew, but she needed to be alone. It didn't matter where, Dagobah was simply the first planet that came to mind.

She left everything behind.

Easily believable, same thing with dismantling her lightsaber. I imagine Jaina wouldn't want to use her it after killing her twin with it.

Burned into Jaina's skin were two words.

"Save him."

[face_thinking] Very intriguing. I'm loving the suspense and sense of mystery you've created here.

I absolutely can't wait for more, Yobi. :D

14. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    jagsredlady: *slides in before the next post goes up*

Nice slide [face_batting]

As always, Maggy's cover is fantabulous!

Yeah, she makes beautiful stuff :cool:

A trilogy?! You?re amazing!

Well, maybe it will be a duology. I haven't quite decided how to cut it up yet, but it seems unlikely it will just be one fic :p

And I?m so glad you posted this!

It's your doing ;)

I loved it from the start as you know since I was begging for more after reading the prologue for the first time. I was totally hooked right off the bat.

Aww, thanks [:D] Glad you like it so much, given the context we were discussing it in.

I loved the descriptions of Dagobah, I could almost feel and smell the place.

I'm sorry? :p

I like this sort of similitude. A parallel to Jaina feeling like she's being stalked.

Or they're being stalked by the same thing [face_whistling]

Easily believable, same thing with dismantling her lightsaber. I imagine Jaina wouldn't want to use her it after killing her twin with it.

It's hard to say, but I'm sure she'll be carrying around a great amount of guilt or the rest of her life because of it.

Very intriguing. I'm loving the suspense and sense of mystery you've created here.

Thanks! I really enjoy writing the mystery aspects of these stories. I think you know that though :p

I absolutely can't wait for more, Yobi.

I'm glad you're so excited. :D

Thanks so much for reading and replying [:D] And all your other help ;)

New post in a bit :)
  15. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  16. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 1: Shipwrecked

Rhythmic grunts and the clanging thump of metal banging against metal climbed above the grove of twisted gnarl trees and echoed across the mist-shrouded marshlands. Inspite of all the racket, only an unhappy bogwing and a flock of jubba birds seemed bothered, flapping away into the dense fog and disappearing along with ropey tree line.

Jaina hacked through the tangles of leathery vines wrapped tight by moisture with the makeshift blade she'd constructed? the filed down edge of a plasteel container she'd dismantled with a handle made of wound cord to keep from cutting herself. The first cut would fray the outer threads, sending them peeling back, before her second slash would snap the vine apart completely, forcing each end to whip free with enough force to break skin.

Sweat dripped from her brow and landed on the metal artifact she was crouched atop, and her bare arms glistened with perspiration. In two years, Jaina had never really seen the sun on Dagobah, but it was the most humid planet she'd ever set foot on. The fog and steam that rose from the gurgling swamps coated the entire world in a cloak so thick that night and day were barely distinguishable, the slightest change in tincture above being the former Jedi's only hint that the sun had sunk somewhere else for the evening.

She drew back and began to hew another of the vines when she heard an abnormal rustle of the starched leaves blanketing the ground beyond the jungle and a metallic scrape against the above-ground roots. Though Jaina had shut herself off from the Force as much as she could, she had still spent enough time in Dagobah's wilderness to recognize that it was not the sound of a sleen or a spade-headed smoka scavenging for eggs.

"Jaya?"

Jaina had already leapt to the ground when she heard the voice through the trees, and she whipped around, freeing her blaster, spinning, and aiming all in one fluid motion. A small shadow appeared waddling through the fog at the base of a tree, and Jaina exhaled, lowering her blaster and shaking her head at her own skittishness. She'd been jumpy since the night before, when...

"Jaya?" The synthesized voice called as a little shape less than a meter in height stepped out into the marsh. Its body was an asymmetric jumble of spare parts, with spindly arms that had no covering, leaving electrodrivers and bundles of wires exposed, and one leg fashioned from a mangled landing strut that was slightly longer than the other. Its head was a half-constructed shell that left the back open, where one could see the currents of electronic impulses dancing over the central processor housed there, and its face was marked by a pair of oversized, extremely expressive photoreceptors and a misshapen voice slot.

"I'm over here, Wobbler," Jaina said, tucking her blaster back into her thigh holster.

The diminutive droid tottered out unsteadily on his incongruent legs towards her, his servomotors whirring and his photoreceptors radiating hints of surprise and concern. "I've been worried sick," Wobbler said in his child-like vocoder. "I was afraid you were lost... or you'd abandoned me."

While Jaina had come to Dagobah to be alone, she wasn't interested in talking to herself, or even worse, having the voices in her head start answering, so she'd created the droid within the first month of landing on the swampy planet, piecing him together from junk and spare parts she'd found on her ship or scattered throughout the jungle, but mostly from Allana's parting gift when Jaina had informed her family that she was leaving? the little girl's beloved TD droid.

The model was popular amongst the wealthy children of Coruscant, a cybernetic playmate that could tell stories, teach, and sing. Allana had given it to her aunt as she was leaving, so Jaina "Wouldn't get so lonesome."

Most of Wobbler's systems were that of the TD unit's? fairly rudimentary by droid standards, but Jaina had managed to upgrade the processor so that Wobbler was capable of many tasks. Unfortunately, his
  17. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I IZ DA WINNER!!!

Jaina is killing her only friend? How mean...
  18. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Dammit!! :oops: Second. [face_plain]

See, this is what happens when I take a 30-second chocolate break. 8-}

EDIT:

Replying to some replies first.. :p

You are on a roll these days!

I seem to be. Just in the right place at the right time, I guess (until now, that is). :p

Aww. Thanks for your enthusiasm

You're welcome. :) It's much deserved enthusiasm, too.

Hehe. Dagobah looks humid as hell. I imagine one would just sweat there all the time But we know Jaina would want to stay in shape

Yeah - to both of those. :p

You don't expect me to know what you're talking about, right? And, big Invincible spoiler here (don't read if you don't want to know) The book leaves the impression at least, that Zekk is dead.

Well, you know what I'm talking about now! ;)

And yeah, I'd heard the news about Zekk. [face_plain] *sighs* Well, he was never a big favourite of mine, anyway. 8-}

But he was so much fun

Oh yeah, he was a barrel of laughs. [face_plain] :rolleyes:

Anakin Solo made it through all right

Yeah, because he's awesome! :cool:

If Jorj Car'das is to be believed, it's all Yoda's fault.

Stupid green, wrinkly frog! :p

Thanks, and yeah, I'm sorry if it's confusing. This story will probably ruin Invincible for you. If you're interested in staying spoiler free, you probably don't want to read it yet.

Nope, spoil away! :D

Awesome guesses... What do you know about Invincible? Particularly Luke's role?

Hehehe.. [face_mischief] I know a bit, considering I've not read it. ;)

Yep, just a dream. Go back to sleep

I can't. It's not my bedtime yet. 8-}

Well, it's not a burn exactly. It's a Nightsister Blood Trail. Jaina was spattered with Jacen's blood in Invincible and he used this technique to track her. She did feel like it was very hot when it hit her though, like it was burning. By the end of the book the stains have vanished.

Ah, ok, I'd not heard of that (should really read the books). Thanks for the clarification. :)

I wish I could recommend them more enthusiastically. About half of them are some of the best EU books around, IMO, but the other half, not so much tongue Overall, I found it disappointing. Not nearly as good as the NJO.

Well, I've only read a handful of pages from the whole series, and what I read bored me. [face_plain] The NJO really kicked a** compared to LOTF. :( I think it had something to do with Anakin.. [face_whistling]

I think that's an incredible guess, especially since you haven't read Invincible. Luke is definitely a strong possibility.

Cool. I'm really looking forward to what you've got up your sleeve for Luke. If half the things I'm speculating about Luke come about in this 'fic, it's going to be an interesting ride, that's for sure. ;) :D I really can't wait!! [face_dancing]

Thanks so much And thanks for reading and replying!

You're very welcome! :* [:D]

Now, to read the latest update!! *rubs hands together* :D
  19. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  20. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Dang it! :_| How did you get me all mushy over a droid?!
    He really won my heart when he asked her if it was Jagged. ;)
    Excellent update! You gave me just enough to keep me wanting more!=D=

21. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm too lazy to do another edit :p

Chapter 1: Shipwrecked

*hums LOST theme music*

Sweat dripped from her brow and landed on the metal artifact she was crouched atop, and her bare arms glistened with perspiration. In two years, Jaina had never really seen the sun on Dagobah, but it was the most humid planet she'd ever set foot on. The fog and steam that rose from the gurgling swamps coated the entire world in a cloak so thick that night and day were barely distinguishable, the slightest change in tincture above being the former Jedi's only hint that the sun had sunk somewhere else for the evening.

Again, lovely opening paragraphs with amazing descriptions!! =D= Feels like I'm on Dagobah, sweating my guts out with her. :p

While I'm on that train of thought, I'll make a random observation -- if Jaina's sweating this much, on a regular basis, she's kinda lucky she's in exile. I doubt after two years she's got much deoderant left, and those swamps don't exactly look like they'd cleanse the skin too well. 8-}

"Jaya?"

:eek:

Not Anakin?!? *is hopeful*

Oh.. it's just a droid.. [face_plain] Oh well (but it was great to read the descriptions of Jaina's electronic friend -- brilliant writing there!) =D=

"I've been worried sick," Wobbler said in his child-like vocoder. "I was afraid you were lost... or you'd abandoned me."

Aww, this is really cute!! [face_love] You're making me love a droid that's not R2 -- how dare you! :p

While Jaina had come to Dagobah to be alone, she wasn't interested in talking to herself, or even worse, having the voices in her head start answering, so she'd created the droid within the first month of landing on the swampy planet, piecing him together from junk and spare parts she'd found on her ship or scattered throughout the jungle, but mostly from Allana's parting gift when Jaina had informed her family that she was leaving? the little girl's beloved TD droid.

Aww, again! Allana!! [face_love] What a little sweetie! *hugs for Allana*

This part made me LOL, though -- "having the voices in her head start answering" [face_laugh]

Unfortunately, his personality and vocoder were still that of the original design, and he seemed to think Jaina was a five-year-old child who needed looking after and lots of affection no matter how often she tried to explain otherwise.

Cute :p

The droid looked sad, before spotting something of interest. "Oh no, you got an ouchie."

Jaina followed Wobbler's gaze to her shoulder and neck. "It's not my blood," she said, before beginning to chop through a twisted vine.

"Someone else's fluids?" He sounded confused.

LMAO!! [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

"Hug?" Wobbler asked, reaching his arms up and wiggling the fingers of his oversized hands in anticipation of Jaina scooping him up? he seemed to like that.

"No thanks."

"Kiss and make it better?"

"Absolutely not."

*snorts*

*spits coffee all over computer screen*

[face_laugh]

This is great -- Wobbler is classic! :D

"I have to leave," Jaina said, severing another vine from the white-plated hull. "I'm sorry."

Ooh, so that's what she's doing. :oops: She's getting out of there.

"You should have taken better care of your ship," the droid observed.

"Yeah, thanks for the tip."

Hehe.

Now it was overgrown with vines and fungus, with several sections of the hull and its exposed alloy parts rusted, and mushrooms growing in the thruster banks. She didn't know if she'd be able to get it to fly, or even if it would be spaceworthy once it was off the ground, and with limited resources on the deserted planet, her chances of repairing any major damage were slim.

Ok, I just had a horrible thought. :( Wobbler's been constructed with various parts, right? [face_thinking] Is Jaina going to have to destroy him - her only companion for
  22. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool bananas - just peeping in in my lunch hour - will catch up later. :)
  23. Draconarius Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm actually really sad she's going to have to take poor Wobbler apart. I hope she does rebuild him.

Now, onwards to find out what that dream was about.

Can't wait for the next post.
  24. Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master

star 3
    and he seemed to think Jaina was a five-year-old child who needed looking after and lots of affection no matter how often she tried to explain otherwise.
    [face_laugh]

"Is it Jagged?"

"What?"

"You talk about him a lot," Wobbler replied.

"I mentioned him once."

[face_laugh]

Your descriptions are fantastic and I enjoyed the humor you've injected here. :)

"Can I have a hug before you take me apart?"
    Aw! I'm attached and in only one post!
  25. Sticks Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_love] I want a Wobbler!

Great update. Man, if you can make a droid seem this interesting and realistic, I can't wait to see what you do with characters that aren't constructed from scrap!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.