main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    This is a really compelling story--I'm still trying to figure out who "he" is.
    Poor wobbler sticks with me.

2. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Just came across this- I'm hooked already. :D I also believe "he" is Anakin.....

Wonder what everyone's reaction will be when she shows up?

Please add me to your PM list! :)

3. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    This has got to be a record for you! Killing a character off in the first chapter, even if it isn't organic. Someone must not have liked Wall:e:p Anyway great chapter. You wouldn't think this chapter would have much, but it does. Rarely do good things happen to Jaina's friends, and you show that here. She doesn't think that the he is Jag, but that could possibly be misdirection. I'm really enjoying this Yobs!:)

4. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I Love Wobbler! even though he has to be taken apart. He kind of reminds me of 3PO in a very childish way. Great Job!

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    That must be the weirdest droid, ever :p

6. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Weird, but oh so adorably cute! [face_love] [face_love]

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wobbler is awesome! :D Sounds like just the kind of friend Jaina would need after everything she went through. ;) Too bad she has to take him apart. :( Definitely interested in where you're taking this. :D

8. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    I'm enjoying this immensely, and I really find Jaya's droid friend amusing.

A great post , and can I get on any pm list you've got going for this?

Thanks!

9. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Quite the yarn you're building, filled with all sorts of interesting tidbits, as usual. So far, Dagobah, the cave, her burns, Wobbler, the mysterious "he" she must save... all adds up to more mysteries. :) I look forward to more.

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    OOOO I am so glad I found this! It's a very different take on what will Jaina do next:

Instinctively she reached for her lightsaber and again felt silly. She'd dismantled the weapon when she left the Jedi Order and came to Dagobah to live in solitude. In order to defeat Darth Caedus? to kill her twin brother, Jacen Solo? Jaina had chosen to become something other than a Jedi. When it was over, there was no going back for her, and she was wise enough to know that if she continued, she would only be following her brother's path. She could feel that he had made a similar choice once, deciding that the Jedi way just wasn't enough, and that the ends justified the means to secure galactic peace...

There would never be peace for her, she knew, but she needed to be alone. It didn't matter where, Dagobah was simply the first planet that came to mind.

She left everything behind.

Excellent! So sad, but realistic.

The dream at the start was pretty intense. And I like Wobbler, she better not dismantal him, he's got personality.

Can't wait to figure out how the blood trail got on her again.

=D=

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    zonzo: I IZ DA WINNER!!!

Way to go =D=

Jaina is killing her only friend? How mean...

Well, dismantling him :p Hopefully we'll see Wobbler again.

Thanks for reading and your reply :)

Ant: Dammit!! Second.

Nothing wrong with that ;)

See, this is what happens when I take a 30-second chocolate break.

I endorse chocolate breaks no longer how long they take [face_flag]

Replying to some replies first..
    I seem to be. Just in the right place at the right time, I guess (until now, that is). :p

You were still pretty quick!

Well, you know what I'm talking about now!
    And yeah, I'd heard the news about Zekk. *sighs* Well, he was never a big favourite of mine, anyway.

Me either really. Though I thought he was pretty good in LotF.

Yeah, because he's awesome!

Agreed :cool:

Ah, ok, I'd not heard of that (should really read the books). Thanks for the clarification.

No problem. It was one of my favorite parts of the book.

Well, I've only read a handful of pages from the whole series, and what I read bored me. The NJO really kicked a** compared to LOTF. I think it had something to do with Anakin..

I think you're right [face_whistling]

Cool. I'm really looking forward to what you've got up your sleeve for Luke. If half the things I'm speculating about Luke come about in this 'fic, it's going to be an interesting ride, that's for sure. I really can't wait!!

We'll see Luke in a little while. We've got a couple other stops to make first...

Sil: Jaina Jaina...

She's only doing what she has to :(

Thanks for reading and replying!

Jag4Me: Dang it! How did you get me all mushy over a droid?!

I'm not sure [face_thinking]

He really won my heart when he asked her if it was Jagged.

That must be it then ;) Wobbler has a mind like a steel trap. I'm sure he won't be letting go of that.

Excellent update! You gave me just enough to keep me wanting more!

Thanks so much and thanks for reading :D

Ant: I'm too lazy to do another edit

I'm the same way :p

*hums LOST theme music*

[face_dancing]

*Checks calender and sees that it's 7 months until Lost comes back* :_|

Again, lovely opening paragraphs with amazing descriptions!! Feels like I'm on Dagobah, sweating my guts out with her.

Thanks! I'll get you a towel 8-}

While I'm on that train of thought, I'll make a random observation -- if Jaina's sweating this much, on a regular basis, she's kinda lucky she's in exile. I doubt after two years she's got much deoderant left, and those swamps don't exactly look like they'd cleanse the skin too well.

[face_laugh]

Perhaps Jaina makes her own deoderant and even soap. She's kind of like the Tyler Durden of Dagobah [face_mischief]

But seriously, we all know girls don't smell bad when they sweat [face_talk_hand]

Not Anakin?!? *is hopeful*

That would be cool...

Oh.. it's just a droid.. Oh well (but it was great to read the descriptions of Jaina's electronic friend -- brilliant writing there!)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. It was fun to write about.

Aww, this is really cute!! You're making me love a droid that's not R2 -- how dare you!

lol. It took me some time to decide what personality to give to Jaina's sidekick, and I wasn't even sure whether to make it a droid or not, but I think this one will work otu best.

Aww, again! Allana!! What a little sweetie! *hugs for Allana*

We'll be seeing her later as well.

This part made me LOL, though -- "having the voices in her head start answering"

Hehe. Jaina wasn't planning on using the Force to keep her sanity so she had to do it another way than Yoda and Obi-Wan.

LMAO!!

Glad you liked that.

*snorts*
    *spits coffee all over computer screen*

12. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    I was just thinking that you include Jaina in your stories a lot more then the others. I, Jaina Solo and Empire Of The Hand have centered almost exclusively on her. I'm not complaining(Jaina is one of my favorite EU character), just seems odd.

13. Stroja

Stroja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2008
    The droid made me think of Wall-E as well :p

I hope she follows through and puts him back together - having a nanny droid around Jaina has to be good for a few more laughs.

14. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! I never get sentimental over a droid, but DON'T KILL WOBBLER! I like the little droid. [face_love]

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Made it back.

Still no new grandbaby! Waiting . . . waiting. :)

The fog and steam that rose from the gurgling swamps coated the entire world in a cloak so thick that night and day were barely distinguishable, the slightest change in tincture above being the former Jedi's only hint that the sun had sunk somewhere else for the evening.
    That really sets the mood for the fic as well as evoking the landscape. :)

I guess it would be hard to cut yourself off from the Force completely having once been so strong. Especially on Dagobah.

Love the description of Wobbler - great name, too. :) Matches him perfectly.

she'd created the droid within the first month of landing on the swampy planet, piecing him together from junk and spare parts she'd found on her ship or scattered throughout the jungle, but mostly from Allana's parting gift when Jaina had informed her family that she was leaving? the little girl's beloved TD droid.
    Awwww. Cute.

Actually I would say that Jaina DOES need to be pampered, so the droid is perfect.

"But I'll die," the droid replied, his giant photoreceptors seeming to well.

Jaina stared down at him, contemplating how that was true of almost everyone who got close to her.

Now there's an ouchie. ;)

Poor wee Wobbler - such a life of sacrifice for droids.

Enjoyed that post a lot. :)

Could you PM me. :) The next few months are going to be busy.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    corran: I was just thinking that you include Jaina in your stories a lot more then the others. I, Jaina Solo and Empire Of The Hand have centered almost exclusively on her. I'm not complaining(Jaina is one of my favorite EU character), just seems odd.

Yeah, that's true. The story in "Empire of the Hand" was mostly Jaina's share of what was going to be in "The Age of Heroes" that I decided to make as a connector fic between my NJO series and LotS because everyone seemed really disappointed when I said I wouldn't be continuing the story for a good 6 months. I filled it out a little more to make it its own story, but originally Jaina and Wrev were going to go to Chiss space to see Fel, end up finding out about Thrawn, then getting captured by the Vagaari and so on.

I think it worked out better this way any way.

It wasn't that I wanted to write another Jaina-centric story as much as she was the obvious choice to connect to the two series when you look at the other characters' arcs.

This fic is an ensemble but Jaina is the main character. I guess I just like writing her as a hero. She's definitely one of my favorites, though I probably prefer Anakin and Mara as far as my top 3 EU favorite characters. But it's more by plot circumstance than me deciding I want to write Jaina fics.

Stroja: The droid made me think of Wall-E as well

I got to see the full trailer for that this weekend when I saw Kung Fu Panda and now I really, really, really want to see it :p Looks cute.

I hope she follows through and puts him back together - having a nanny droid around Jaina has to be good for a few more laughs.

I'd say there's a good chance we'll see Wobbler again. This story is going to be pretty dark, so it'll need him :p

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

GrandMasterKatarn: Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! I never get sentimental over a droid, but DON'T KILL WOBBLER! I like the little droid.

I'm glad to hear you like him so much :D Unfotunately, I think Wobbler is coming apart for now :( Hopefully Jaina will put him back together later.

Thanks for reading and replying :)

Tahi: Made it back.
    Still no new grandbaby! Waiting . . . waiting.

Aww. I hope Jess is doing well [:D]

That really sets the mood for the fic as well as evoking the landscape.

Thank you :) Dagobah's an easy planet to write about since we all know it so well.

I guess it would be hard to cut yourself off from the Force completely having once been so strong. Especially on Dagobah.

Yeah. Dagobah's got some creepy energies around it [face_worried]

Love the description of Wobbler - great name, too. Matches him perfectly.

Hehe, thanks. It took me awhile to decide on a name which is why he didn't appear in the dramatis right away :p I'm glad you liked him :D

Actually I would say that Jaina DOES need to be pampered, so the droid is perfect.

She would probably never let that happen :(

Now there's an ouchie.

[face_laugh]

You're right.

Poor wee Wobbler - such a life of sacrifice for droids.

They were made to suffer :(

Enjoyed that post a lot.

Thank you! :)

Could you PM me. The next few months are going to be busy.

I can only imagine [:D]

I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

New post on Tuesday. We'll be on a planet that isn't Dagobah and visiting another character [face_whistling]

17. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Maybe Grand Moff Fel on Bastion? o_O

Well, a girl can wish anyways..:p

Wes, Wobbler is so awesome! And the backstory of Allana giving him to Jaya so she wouldn't be lonely was just....[face_love] [:D]

It sounds like something my niece would do. [face_blush]

Can't wait for the next update! [face_peace]

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I'll join the crowd....Wobbler is great! [face_laugh] Jaina needs someone like that in her life and she should definitly put him back together. Couldn't she tie him into the ship's power and keep him "alive"? [face_praying]

19. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    This is a very promising start for this fic. I´m really impatient to see how the others have gone on with their lives in your story. :)

Magnus

20. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    YodaKenobi, Hi!
    Has read through, and now I can all is quiet as it is necessary to comment. The prologue has very much liked. This Jaina's dream with Caedus phantom, and all rest. Interestingly, who to it should be rescueed... Means, spots of Jacen's blood and were not erased from its neck? It is good. I certainly would write * the fratricide * that all life it was a shame to it with that that it has made... Excuse, has distracted. I wait for continuation! It is very intrigued. =D=

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Finally got around to reading and catching up with this fic. Quite the interesting ensemble of characters in the DP.[face_thinking] Oh, and after watching RotJ last night, I'm almost convinced that the "him" being refered to is Luke. Geez man, what happened to him to become so bloody minded? o_O

New post on Tuesday. We'll be on a planet that isn't Dagobah and visiting another character

Good, if we stayed on Dagobah any longer my skin might've turned green and my ears might've become long and pointy. Speak backwards, I might have as well.:p

22. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Chapter 1:

and its face was marked by a pair of oversized, extremely expressive photoreceptors and a misshapen voice slot.

He does sound a lot like Wall-E. :D

"I've been worried sick," Wobbler said in his child-like vocoder. "I was afraid you were lost... or you'd abandoned me."

Aww... :(

Allana had given it to her aunt as she was leaving, so Jaina "Wouldn't get so lonesome."

That is so sweet. [face_love] Sounds like Jaina and her niece are bonding already.

"Don't worry so much, you'll rupture a circuit,"

Same old Jaina. Tsk, tsk... [face_shame_on_you]

"Hug?" Wobbler asked, reaching his arms up and wiggling the fingers of his oversized hands in anticipation of Jaina scooping him up? he seemed to like that.

"No thanks."

"Kiss and make it better?"

"Absolutely not."

So adorable! I love Wobbler, I want one. :D

Wobbler turned to the ground dejectedly. "What are you doing way out here?"

"I have to leave," Jaina said, severing another vine from the white-plated hull. "I'm sorry."

"You should have taken better care of your ship," the droid observed.

"Yeah, thanks for the tip."

He?s smart, too!

"Is it Jagged?"

"What?"

"You talk about him a lot," Wobbler replied.

"I mentioned him once."

LOL. Busted! I bet Jaina talks in her sleep the way her twin did. [face_mischief]

"Well, maybe it's just the way you said it."

Exceedingly smart and very perceptive, too.

"You want to remove my power core?"

"Well... yes."

"But I'll die," the droid replied, his giant photoreceptors seeming to well.

:( All of a sudden I imagined the robot from Short Circuit, ?Number Five is alive! No disassemble!? :_|

Jaina stared down at him, contemplating how that was true of almost everyone who got close to her.

There?s just no escape from the bitter truth for Jaina. Even alone on Dagobah with no one but a cobbled-together droid for company, the past is constantly at her heels.

"You'll put me back together?"

"As soon as I get to where I'm going, it will be the first thing I do."

I really hope she does. I?m already attached to Wobbler, I want to see more of him.

"Can I have a hug before you take me apart?"

Awww.... *huggles Wobbler to pieces* [:D]

Okay, Master Yobi, is it time for more yet? Can?t wait. :D

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    PIPER: Maybe Grand Moff Fel on Bastion?

You are a good guesser ;) Way to go =D=

Well, a girl can wish anyways..

And be right :p

Wes, Wobbler is so awesome! And the backstory of Allana giving him to Jaya so she wouldn't be lonely was just....

Thanks, I'm glad you liked him so much :D

It sounds like something my niece would do.

Aww, sweet!

Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks, and thanks for reading :D

TSF: I'll join the crowd....Wobbler is great!

Yay :D Glad you like him.

Jaina needs someone like that in her life and she should definitly put him back together.

Hopefully she will [face_whistling]

Couldn't she tie him into the ship's power and keep him "alive"?

I thought about that, Threepio has that "plug in" after all. But I imagine Wobbler has limited connectivity :p

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: This is a very promising start for this fic. I´m really impatient to see how the others have gone on with their lives in your story.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully you'll like the rest ;)

Thanks for reading :D

Bellum: YodaKenobi, Hi!
    Has read through, and now I can all is quiet as it is necessary to comment. The prologue has very much liked. This Jaina's dream with Caedus phantom, and all rest. Interestingly, who to it should be rescueed... Means, spots of Jacen's blood and were not erased from its neck? It is good.

Well, the blood trail disappeared after she killed Caedus, but now it's back, and a little different pattern, apparently. Or maybe it was always that way and she never noticed ;)

I certainly would write * the fratricide * that all life it was a shame to it with that that it has made... Excuse, has distracted. I wait for continuation! It is very intrigued.

Yeah, it was sad.

Thanks for reading and replying :D Glad you're enjoying the fic!

Wedge: Finally got around to reading and catching up with this fic. Quite the interesting ensemble of characters in the DP.

There will be more characters added soon. Juun and Tarfang for one :p

Oh, and after watching RotJ last night, I'm almost convinced that the "him" being refered to is Luke. Geez man, what happened to him to become so bloody minded?

I think Luke is a really interesting guess, given what happened in Invincible. What do you mean by RotJ, btw? [face_thinking]

Good, if we stayed on Dagobah any longer my skin might've turned green and my ears might've become long and pointy. Speak backwards, I might have as well.

[face_laugh] :_|

Already begun for me, it has :( Into exile, I must go.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

jagsredlady: He does sound a lot like Wall-E.

Hehe. I saw "The Happening" instead last night... it was not good :p

That is so sweet. Sounds like Jaina and her niece are bonding already.

We'll be seeing "Amelia" in a little while.

Same old Jaina. Tsk, tsk...

You didn't expect her to get all mushy, did you? ;)

So adorable! I love Wobbler, I want one.

I'll buy you one as soon as they're available ;)

I'm glad you like him so much [:D]

He?s smart, too!

lol!

LOL. Busted! I bet Jaina talks in her sleep the way her twin did.

I had the exact same thought when writing this [face_laugh]

Exceedingly smart and very perceptive, too.

;)

All of a sudden I imagined the robot from Short Circuit, ?Number Five is alive! No disassemble!?

OMG, I thought of having him say "No disassemble"! :eek: :eek: :eek:

There?s just no escape from the bitter truth for Jaina. Even alone on Dagobah with no one but a cobbled-together droid for company, the past is constantly at her heels.

Yeah. She's isolated herself and nothing has really changed :(

I reall

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yay! Need more Wobbler![face_hypnotized]

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.