main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Interesting!:)

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    It looks like our heroes are in some really deep bantha poodoo now. [face_worried]

And it looks like Tahiri, Ben, and Anakin are all reunited nicely. I wonder what Anakin/Yammka did to Tahiri? Whatever it was, it was probably a good idea, lest she come out of the cell going "OMG ANAKIN!"

Also:
    "Oh yeah? Is that part of the curriculum here at Sith Charm School?" The Jedi said dryly. "I think I know this already? Day 1: Black Cloaks. Day 2: Practice Looking Stoic. Day 3: The Importance of Menacing Silences. After that I imagine you guys skip right ahead to vital Sith business like superweapons and Jawa-punting."

I loved that line! Classic Ben. [face_laugh] He forgot Day 4, though: Red Lightsaber Day. [face_mischief]

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I feel so bad for Jaina in this fic. [face_worried] Shw is really taking a beating, physically and emotionally.

Some great dry humor from Ben. :p

Ah, Evelyn is learning the joys of associating with Junng and Tarfang. [face_laugh]

4. Dark_Philosopher

Dark_Philosopher Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2009
    Interesting, YK, interesting...

So, I take it this AU is sort of an AU of your other AU? Wow, that was incoherent. What I mean to say is, is this what would have happened if the Sith had found Anakin in Revolutions, rather than the Jedi (minus the Raithians and all that)? Or are you just borrowing the concept of captured!Anakin from your other series and keeping the rest more or less canon-compliant?

Either way, good stuff. Looking forward to more!

5. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    I ... wow... what else is there to say. Ben is a smart@$$, Tahiri is a walking corpse (more or less), and Tarfang, Juun, and the kid are royally screwed. And Wobbler... Wobbler might die. And the others (Jaina, Jag, and Evelyn) are going to attempt a rescue. Meanwhile Darth Yammka might kill either Juun or Tarfang, depending on what he decides to do.

Great post, can't wait for more.

6. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    =D=

Love Ben, he had some great lines. How exactly Jaina, Jag & Evelyn are going to attempt a (successful) rescue is beyond me. Not only are they terribly outnumbered (yes, I know, don't tell a Solo the odds :) ), but niether Jag or Jaina is in any condition to do much. This should prove to be very very interesting.

Can't wait for the next update.

7. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Chapter 46:

Nah, man. :cool: He's just the stooge the real leader keeps using to confuzzle yer dad's visions of the future.

:p

*pats Ben on the head* Good boy. You're learning.

That's right, boy-o. Anakin Solo would pwn your arse five ways from Sunday. :cool: Sorry. Try again.

[face_laugh]

*jumps up and down* Oh! Oh! I know what's getting packed up! And it's not an extra set of clean knickers.

You're not going to like the carbonite Ben. *shivers*

:oops: No, not one of your better ideas, Evlyn. :p

Great update Wes!

Cyn

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    G__Anakin: Interesting!

Rew: It looks like our heroes are in some really deep bantha poodoo now.

This deal is getting worse all the time :(

And it looks like Tahiri, Ben, and Anakin are all reunited nicely.

Yep. Doesn't sound like there will be a lot of catching up though :p

I wonder what Anakin/Yammka did to Tahiri? Whatever it was, it was probably a good idea, lest she come out of the cell going "OMG ANAKIN!"

[face_laugh]

We'll probably get some of Tahiri's POV in the next chapter that will clear up that question.

Also:
    I loved that line! Classic Ben.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

He forgot Day 4, though: Red Lightsaber Day.

That is the best day of all [face_devil]

Thanks for reading and replying :D

TSF: I feel so bad for Jaina in this fic. Shw is really taking a beating, physically and emotionally.

Yeah, it's not a happy story at all, I guess, especially for Jaina :(

Some great dry humor from Ben.

Someone's gotta try :p

Ah, Evelyn is learning the joys of associating with Junng and Tarfang.

If only we could all have that privilage [face_love] It doesn't look like anyone will be associating with them after this though 8-}

Thanks for reading and replying! :D

Dark_Philosopher: Interesting, YK, interesting...
    So, I take it this AU is sort of an AU of your other AU? Wow, that was incoherent. What I mean to say is, is this what would have happened if the Sith had found Anakin in Revolutions, rather than the Jedi (minus the Raithians and all that)?

Nope, this is actually a canon fic, or at least it was when I started :p It's canon from Invincible.

Or are you just borrowing the concept of captured!Anakin from your other series and keeping the rest more or less canon-compliant?

It's all supposed to be canon compliant and doesn't really have anything to do with Revolution other than Anakin's miraculous survival :p When his story comes out though, I think we'll see that the means for that survival were very different.

Either way, good stuff. Looking forward to more!

Thank you very much and thanks for reading and replying :D

GMK: I ... wow... what else is there to say. Ben is a smart@$$, Tahiri is a walking corpse (more or less), and Tarfang, Juun, and the kid are royally screwed.

That sounds about right [face_worried]

And Wobbler... Wobbler might die.

That would be horrible... but I could totally see it happening [face_mischief]

And the others (Jaina, Jag, and Evelyn) are going to attempt a rescue.

You sure about that? [face_thinking]

Meanwhile Darth Yammka might kill either Juun or Tarfang, depending on what he decides to do.

They don't really have any value to the Sith, do they?

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

Kailene: Love Ben, he had some great lines.

Glad you like it. He can be a fun character to write.

How exactly Jaina, Jag & Evelyn are going to attempt a (successful) rescue is beyond me. Not only are they terribly outnumbered (yes, I know, don't tell a Solo the odds ), but niether Jag or Jaina is in any condition to do much. This should prove to be very very interesting.

Excellent points. It seems impossible to me. Then again, I don't think Jaina is really thinking logically at the moment, so it might not matter whether they can come up with a successful plan or not :(

Can't wait for the next update.

There should be more next week.

Thanks for reading and replying! :D

Cyn: Nah, man. He's just the stooge the real leader keeps using to confuzzle yer dad's visions of the future.

Poor Luke :p

*pats Ben on the head* Good boy. You're learning.

He is a slow learner?

That's right, boy-o. Anakin Solo would pwn y

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  10. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Apparently I am the first? [face_peace]

Greetings from Obligado, Paraguay, I will add something of substance later or tomorrow, I`ll read first. :-B

*edit*

Not nearly horrible enough. I demand more horrific things to happen to Wobbler! [face_beatup]

Damn, I was hoping for a more "Luke faces the Emperor" scene, especially in light off...

... a certain, ah, continuity ( although very fun inversion ) of older utterances. [face_laugh]

Excellent chapter! :)

11. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Oh NO! BEN! Hurry, somebody defrost him!
    JAINA! (at least, I think it was Jaina) How could you give away your position like that!? (Unless it is part of some clever plan that I can't fathom!)
    Way to go TAHIRI! She learned from her previous mistakes and made the right choice, even under these conditions!

Great job as usual. Sorry for missing a chapter (I think...)

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    (Second? EDIT: Make that third.)

Yes, very nicely done, Yobi! =D=

I like how this is all panning out to be an inverted The Empire Strikes Back (with some Return of the Jedi mixed in). We have the carbon freezing, the "I know" before freezing, the Big No!, and of course the shocking revelation (White Eyes = Anakin).

I'm very glad to get Tahiri's perspective in this chapter finally! I was actually surprised that she refused even Anakin of all people in her insistence on staying in the light. She truly has come full circle from her (rather tenuous) characterization in the LotF series.

I do wonder, what are these dark voices that are whispering to her? I'm thinking one of them has to be Jacen/Caedus?

Also, thanks for adding me to The Lands of the Dead PM list. :p Now I need to respond to that. [face_thinking]

[face_peace]

13. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    FOURTH!

Great :rolleyes: Ben is frozen, Wobbler is deformed, Tafang is rabid, Juun is being still and calm, Tahiri is now being frozen, and Jaina, Jag, and Cem Fel are now being attacked... or are they [face_thinking] . I just don't feel particularly happy for any of them. Great post, can't wait for more.

14. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    FIFTH!

Well, great. Ben's an icicle, and Tahiri's probably going to be one as well two or three sentences into the next chapter. Now, even if revealing their position wasn't part of the rescue plan, I think Jaina and the others have no choice but to launch a rescue now. Anakin did mention something about transport before, so if Jaina and Jag go for help I doubt there's going to be anything left when they come back. At least she's still got enough of herself together to know that joining Anakin would be the biggest mistake of her life right now (which I find kinda ironic).

Great update, Yoda.

15. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

16. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Several nice nods to the OT! =D=

Way to go, Tahiri! [:D] Thanks, Yobi! Tahiri hasn't gotten to show her true inner strength for a long time. Yes, she was better with Anakin way back when, but that doesn't mean she has to lose every vestige of backbone without him either.

17. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Good for Tahiri - I knew she wouldn't turn this time. I hope we get to see more of Jaina, Tahirir etc soon I look forward to seeing if they can do anything with Anakin.

18. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008

:eek:

:mad:

Tarfang hurt my Wobbler! [face_skull] Now he must die!

[face_laugh] And Tarfang starts the "Yo Mama!" fight! With Sith!

BTW... I love that you're referring to Anakin as the Imposter here!

:_| Dammit! I was so pulling for Ben/Tarfang to be the next Han/Leia. :_|

8-}

At least it would be better than the Ben/Tahiri that was going around.

Seriously though, nice sideways nod to ESB here.

And only 4 more posts?!? No noes! [face_worried]

Cyn

19. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

JedlKnIghtDarthUnity Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    Nice to see Tahiri learning from her mistakes.
    But more important than that is that you just made the best joke in fanic (probabaly) history.

"Tarfang wishes you to know that despite your bravery, he still hates you."

Ben nodded. "I know."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_flag] [face_dancing]

20. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    Sorry I haven'st replied in ages, but DRL ambushed me, so I've had a massive catch-up. I really like the story so far. I hope it gets even better from here. :)

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: Apparently I am the first?

Nicely done =D=

Greetings from Obligado, Paraguay,

Sounds nice :D I hope you're having a great time.

Not nearly horrible enough. I demand more horrific things to happen to Wobbler!

Should he be frozen in carbonite as well? Burned on Mustafar? Dumped in the sarlacc? :p

Damn, I was hoping for a more "Luke faces the Emperor" scene, especially in light off...

I think that's as close as we'll come.

... a certain, ah, continuity ( although very fun inversion ) of older utterances.

Yeah, I just couldn't help myself there :p

Excellent chapter!

jedimasterjsa: Oh NO! BEN! Hurry, somebody defrost him!

But he'll make such a nice coffee table :(

JAINA! (at least, I think it was Jaina) How could you give away your position like that!? (Unless it is part of some clever plan that I can't fathom!)

We'll find out in the next post ;) And I think you're right about it being Jaina [face_whistling]

Way to go TAHIRI! She learned from her previous mistakes and made the right choice, even under these conditions!

She is a true Jedi :cool: She's not going to fall to the dark side for Anakin again.

Great job as usual. Sorry for missing a chapter (I think...)

No need to apologize. Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Rew: (Second? EDIT: Make that third.)

Nothing wrong with the bronze

Yes, very nicely done, Yobi!

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it.

I like how this is all panning out to be an inverted The Empire Strikes Back (with some Return of the Jedi mixed in). We have the carbon freezing, the "I know" before freezing, the Big No!, and of course the shocking revelation (White Eyes = Anakin).

The Star Wars saga in one post :p

I'm very glad to get Tahiri's perspective in this chapter finally!

Deciding whose POVs to use where following the big Anakin revelation/show down was surprisingly difficult. I didn't want to have several scenes taking place where each character was thinking on it in their cells. A Tahiri scene like that would have been too close to Jaina's. I thought showing her POV her for the first time since the revelation would be the most effective. Jaina's needed more solitude since she had to have a conversation with Jacen.

I was actually surprised that she refused even Anakin of all people in her insistence on staying in the light. She truly has come full circle from her (rather tenuous) characterization in the LotF series.

Yeah, I didn't want to do a repeat of LotF. Tahiri already fell and was redeemed with Ben's help. If the same thing happened again, it would make her redemption and growth meaningless. I wanted to see her really tested here and it seems she passed.

I do wonder, what are these dark voices that are whispering to her? I'm thinking one of them has to be Jacen/Caedus?

I think it's just Korriban and the dark side calling to her. Kind of like Ben's experience on Ziost, or at least, that's what I was thinking of.

Also, thanks for adding me to The Lands of the Dead PM list. Now I need to respond to that.

No problem. It only took me a month to remember you'd asked :p That's some efficiency!

Thanks for reading and replying :D

GMK: FOURTH!

Good job =D=

Great Ben is frozen, Wobbler is deformed, Tafang is rabid, Juun is being still and calm, Tahiri is now being frozen, and Jaina, Jag, and Cem Fel are now being attacked... or are they . I just don't feel particularly happy for any of them.

[face_laugh]

"Tarfang is rabid" made me seriously lol.

But yeah, things are going pretty great for our heroes. I'm not sure there will be a happy ending here.

Draconarius: FIFTH!

Fift

22. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Could you manage all three? Preferably at the same time? :p

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    The "freezing in carbonite" while at the same time being in lava on Mustafar sounds a little difficult, but I could definitely work in the sarlacc to either situation :p

Hoping to have the new post up Wednesday :)

24. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    It's wednesday! *Pouts*
    Hang on...
    I'm seven hours ahead of you guys, right?
    Damn.

25. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ben! :(

It was the last thing Tahiri heard before she felt two pairs of hands grabbing at her arms and forcing her towards the smoking pit as its landing returned, waiting to lower her into its carbonite prison.

Aaah, evil cliffy!

I liked seeing Tahiri's perspective, though, and I absolutely loved this line and how it parallels Luke in RotJ: "No... no," Tahiri said, shaking her head before she looked back up at Anakin with sorrowful eyes. "Never... I'll never join you... I'm a Jedi."

Excellent chapters, as always, and now that I'm finally caught up again, I am very much looking forward to the next one! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.