main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    THE_EVIL_CLIFFIE: It's wednesday! *Pouts*
    Hang on...
    I'm seven hours ahead of you guys, right?
    Damn.

It depends on where you are :p

Glad to see you're so enthused though :D

amidalachick: Ben!

Yeah :( Poor kid.

Aaah, evil cliffy!

Sorry about that [face_peace]

I liked seeing Tahiri's perspective, though, and I absolutely loved this line and how it parallels Luke in RotJ: "No... no," Tahiri said, shaking her head before she looked back up at Anakin with sorrowful eyes. "Never... I'll never join you... I'm a Jedi."

Glad you liked that. It was important to me that Tahiri make a stand in the face of what would have been a bigger temptation than Jacen's manipulations and proved she learned from her mistakes.

Excellent chapters, as always, and now that I'm finally caught up again, I am very much looking forward to the next one!

Thanks so much and thanks for reading and replying :D

The new post should be up in a little bit.

2. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  3. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

JedlKnIghtDarthUnity Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
  4. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

Aug 25, 2009
    So theres going to be a space battle
    Nice :cool:
    I like how Luke thinks that Anakin might be symbolic. THough Luke p.s your wrong [face_laugh]
    Overall I liked the chapter alot. Cant wait for the rest.
    Especially if its true that theres going to be a space battle.
    Also I wonder if Jaina is going to get out of this one or not. Or Tahiri. Got to suck to be her right now. She goes to the dark side to try to find a way to bring Anakin back when hes still alive just to then find out that hes a evil Sith.
    Im also wondering how Darth Krayt (if it was indeed him) brought Anakin back to life.[face_thinking]

5. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    THIRD! :cool:
    Now I have to read it. BRB

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    FOURTH!!

In depth reviews go here...

7. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

Aug 25, 2009
    Actually you guys re Second and Third I believe [face_laugh]

8. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    *Emerges from shadows*

Man I am really Behind!

I'm loving this, YK! Keep it up.

BEN!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Please, Please don't let this be the end for him! Get the kid outta there! [face_praying]

Alright. Enough from me.

-JJB

*Returns to shadows*

9. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    :eek: Oh no you didn't!

:D

I like that.

:oops: Someone please sends this memo to FOTJ Luke...

I hope everyone gets away. [face_worried]

Nice update.

Cyn

10. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    wow, close calls for everyone then. can't wait to see what happens next.

11. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Geeze, Alema gets no love from her compatriots. And how would Han know about somthing like this, exactly? :p

You know, just once I´d see the GA fleet commanders show some common sense and not go all trigger-happy on the Jedi, whenever they have to flee from the latest madman to take charge of the GA. [face_shame_on_you] ;)

Nice chapter! :)

Magnus

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    DarthUnity: YES NEW POST!!

Glad you're excited :D

So theres going to be a space battle

Looks that way. We haven't really seen one of those in this fic.

Nice I like how Luke thinks that Anakin might be symbolic. THough Luke p.s your wrong

Yeah, poor, misguided Luke :p

Overall I liked the chapter alot. Cant wait for the rest.

Thanks, I'm hoping to have the next part up this week.

Especially if its true that theres going to be a space battle.

It's true ;)

Also I wonder if Jaina is going to get out of this one or not.

We'll find out in the next chapter.

Or Tahiri. Got to suck to be her right now. She goes to the dark side to try to find a way to bring Anakin back when hes still alive just to then find out that hes a evil Sith.

Yeah. There's some tragic irony for you :(

Im also wondering how Darth Krayt (if it was indeed him) brought Anakin back to life.

All the answers about Anakin's survival are going to be in the sequel, so don't get your hopes up on that one.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

THE_EVIL_CLIFFIE: THIRD!

Good job =D=

Now I have to read it. BRB

I hope you like it [face_peace]

CelseteAntola: FOURTH!!

Way to go =D=

In depth reviews go here...

I hope you like it :)

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Unity: Actually you guys re Second and Third I believe

You mind tricked them :p

Jaya_Jag_Ben: *Emerges from shadows*
    Man I am really Behind!

No worries, there's no rush [face_peace]

I'm loving this, YK! Keep it up.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

BEN!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Please, Please don't let this be the end for him! Get the kid outta there!

Well, there's a sequel either way :p So even if he ends up in carbonite, there may be more to the story later.

Alright. Enough from me.
    -JJB
    *Returns to shadows*

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Cyn: Oh no you didn't!

Oh, he totally did!

I like that.

Someone please sends this memo to FOTJ Luke...

Even FotJ Luke has got to understand that after the events of Abyss... right?

I hope everyone gets away.

You'll find out in the next post ;)

Nice update.

Thanks, and thanks for reading and replying :D

GMK: wow, close calls for everyone then.

Yeah, typical Star Wars :p

can't wait to see what happens next.

The next post is kind of the climax of the story, so after that will be a couple epilogue-style chapters.

Magnuskn: Geeze, Alema gets no love from her compatriots. And how would Han know about somthing like this, exactly?

I think he's just making a joke about Alema's lustful ways :p

You know, just once I´d see the GA fleet commanders show some common sense and not go all trigger-happy on the Jedi, whenever they have to flee from the latest madman to take charge of the GA.

Unfortunately, the mdnman (or woman in this case) holds sway over who is in command, and that means selecting like-minded individuals at times. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Nice chapter!

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

I'm hoping to have a new post on Thursday :)

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Well, that was an exciting escape! [face_hypnotized] At least so far...

Things are bad when Luke is agreeing with Threepio! :oops:

14. Flow-Walker

Flow-Walker Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2009
    Ok, I found this a few weeks ago. I finally caught up! ITS AMAZING! I absolutely love your characters. I know this is almost over, but I'll definitly be here for the sequal!

15. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Yeah! I was wondering when we were going to see more of Luke, Han, Leia, and co. I was so hoping they'd escape now, but no such luck.
    And why is there still a Ben-sicle on Korriban? He was supposed to be thawed out by now! ;)
    Great job as usual!

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    TSF: Well, that was an exciting escape! At least so far...

There will be the conclusion of it in the next post :)

Things are bad when Luke is agreeing with Threepio!

Things are bad when anyone agrees with Threepio [face_worried]

Flow-Walker: Great name [face_laugh]

Ok, I found this a few weeks ago. I finally caught up! ITS AMAZING!

Thanks so much [face_blush] It's nice to meet you and I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

I absolutely love your characters.

Thank you [face_peace] It seemed like an unusual group to put together in a lot of ways (by that I mean the Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Wobbler, Juun & Tarfang side of things, not the standard Han, Leia, Luke stuff :p) but I enjoyed the dynamic between them.

I know this is almost over, but I'll definitly be here for the sequal!

Cool :D The sequel might be a ways off as I have another story I want to focus on for a bit first, but I promise I will get to it eventually.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :)

jedimasterjsa: Yeah! I was wondering when we were going to see more of Luke, Han, Leia, and co. I was so hoping they'd escape now, but no such luck.

Well, not yet. Han's pulled off some amazing feats in that old ship of his before. He might have something up his sleeve ;)

And why is there still a Ben-sicle on Korriban? He was supposed to be thawed out by now!

Hmm... What was it Jacen said about Ben and Tahiri earlier in this fic...? I can't remember [face_thinking]

Great job as usual!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

And thanks for reading and replying :D

New post tomorrow :)

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Well, that was rough! :eek: I'm hoping for people to be OK! [face_praying]

19. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Intense!
    I especially liked the beginning part with Jaina - it was very cinematic. I could just see her getting dragged as they ran in one of those silent slowed down shots as she just keep staring back towards the camera - towards her sacrifices.

20. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Wow. Intense action, fast pacing. great development. And that's just the Korriban scenes. The Flight From Coruscant scenes were meh, at best. Its just me, I've never like Han, Luke, Leia anyways. Great post, can't wait for more.

21. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Unless I see her beheaded corpse getting burned into ashes be written in the story by you, I don´t think Cem is really dead. Old comic book rule. :p

Man, intense stuff. Really, really intense. Everybody is in trouble, and things ain't looking good. Now, don't you dare let Jag die, too, that'd be too much.

Great chapter! :)

*edit* Lol! Reading the responses above me, it seems that the word describing this chapter which is coming to everybodys mind is the same. [face_laugh]

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Excellent update, Yobi, and a worthy climax! Just like Callista in The Lands of the Dead, I have full confidence that Evelyn is not dead. If there's no carcass, there's no death. :p

Interesting dilemma for Jaina about whether to leave Korriban or not. And yet I was rather confused. Let me illustrate what I mean:

This looks like a contradiction to me. Does Jaina believe escaping with Jag (and "sacrificing" Ben and Tahiri) is wrong or the right thing to do? Maybe you could explain it to me why she shifted so suddenly from wrong (with italics) to sort of right, and finally acquiescence?

Yeah, Jaina, just like you saved your other brother? o_O

I guess I just don't get why Jaina is so hellbound on saving Anakin but did absolutely nothing to save Jacen, her twin. She just went and slaughtered him, without the opportunity for escape, help, redemption, or even surrender.

Sorry, this is less a complaint toward you as it is toward Allston, Traviss, and Denning. The way Jaina is portrayed here is the way she should've been portrayed in LotF.

Although what will Jaina do if Anakin remains unrepentant and maintains his Sith allegiance? Will the Sword of the Jedi have to be prepared to slay another brother?

That being said, I really like the bit about Jacen/Caedus clouding the abilities of the other Sith (including Anakin, presumably) in order to aid Jaina and company. I do wonder what his overall intentions are with Jaina's mission, though? I doubt it's goodhearted sentimentality that's motivated him to get Jaina to save their brother. Even when he died to save Allana, that had been less a good natured fatherly deed (like Vader) and more to ensure that she took her place upon his forecasted throne than anything else. I wonder if Caedus now feels that Anakin enters this picture somehow? Does Caedus foresee Anakin's and Allana's futures coming together at some point?

Okay, sorry for rambling. :p Looking forward to more in the sequel--as well as the resolutions to this one! [face_peace]

23. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007

I guess I just don't get why Jaina is so hellbound on saving Anakin but did absolutely nothing to save Jacen, her twin. She just went and slaughtered him, without the opportunity for escape, help, redemption, or even surrender.

Maybe it's because she killed Jacen, then realized that she had a chance of saving him. Maybe she feels extremely guilty for killing her brother, and so wants to do anything possible not to make the same mistake again? Plus, it's almost like a redemption for her killing Jacen - not only is saving Anakin Jacen's [presumably] last request, it also prevents another sibling-death. Just my thoughts [face_peace]

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I have been bad on my replies. And I am doing this at 3am. :D

Ben and Tahiri in carbonite...[face_thinking]

Well Jacen did say they were gonna have to sacrificed. And they were. Are they gonna remain like that or are they gonna show up later.

As for the entire void in the force thing, uh... is that because they were dark side users or was it because some of them some kind offorce ghosts? Even Jaina had a uneasy feeling about it.

As for Jag beating down them, how DID he do that? I mean he's sick, weak, and not at his best. and he still beat Dark Side users. Jaina I am as confused as you are.

Awww... poor Cem. As for those two being in close quarters, and escaping...[face_laugh]

Now for the Coruscant fight, um Daala still needs to fall from space burn in the atmosphere and then fall splat on the ground. How dare you try to kill younglings?!

As for Han having faith in his beloved ship, and actually managing to over maneuver a Star Destroyer again, awesome!

And I love the fact you put Luke and Kyp in the turrets. nothing stood a chance against those two!

Now I am interested as to where both of them are going. Guess we will have to wait until next week!

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I like that theory. In fact, that's almost exactly what I was thinking when I was first reading this fic and when I first got to the big White Eyes = Anakin reveal.

I trust Yobi enough to do something really cool like that--or something else even better. :cool:

Actually, is Tahiri in carbonite yet? I don't think we've seen her get put in. Hmmm...which maybe means that Tahiri will somehow figure out a way to get out of it and/or be the one rescue young Ben and together confront Anakin. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.