main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedlKnIghtDarthUnity

JedlKnIghtDarthUnity Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    LOL nice space battle Yobi. I liked the diolouge since Han + C3P0= Win
    I also likee how Jacen is helping Jaina
    Poor poor Cem (whispers:I dont think shes dead)
    Am I the only onee that remembers Jacen telling Jaina that she might want to watch out for Zekk. (Im guessing this will be explained in the sequel [face_thinking] )

LOL but Ben might be blind 8-}
    T:Anakin come back to the light side!
    B:Yeah come back or else!
    T:Uhh, Ben your facing the wrong way
    B:eek:h yeah, I new that

2. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    "Spare me the psychoanalysis, Jag,"

[face_laugh] Oh. Just like Jaina!

"That's a dirty trick, Fel."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh. that was even better!

There was no hint of emotion as Jag stared back at her, as though he was completely unbothered by the fact that their prospects for escape worsened with every moment they wasted arguing, and would stand there all day if he had to. Jag wasn't going to blink, no matter what she decided.

Jaina's gaze fell to the stone floor between them. "All right."

And he still wins in the end!!!!
    Fel is a master!

Loving the suspense,

Please bring Ben back!

JJB

3. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Blast!!! I am so out of date with this fic! Sorry yoda. I'll go play catch up and review when I've done so. might be tomorrow though. I might be getting drunk later.

Until then I'll just Up this and scurry off to read all the stuff I've missed!

Morgoth :)

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Loving the action and drama in these last couple of posts! I feel like I'm watching a movie, only this is much better than the movies I've seen lately.

"It's Jacen," she whispered without really meaning to. "He's helping us."

Awww, I got a little choked-up here. I'm still hoping that maybe Jacen can somehow find redemption, too.

Oh, poor Cem/Evlyn! :(

Fantastic posts! =D=

5. Flow-Walker

Flow-Walker Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2009
    Is it just me, or is Jag being a total jerk [face_thinking] ? Jaina better help Ben and Tahiri because she dragged them along in the first place. Also where is Zekk? Is he even alive in your fic? So many unanswered questions...
    I loved the Coruscant battle scenes. The dialouge from C-3P0 and Han was great. =D=
    Can't wait for the next post!

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    TSF: Well, that was rough!

Yeah, not a happy ending, I know, but I guess it was probably obvious this story wasn't going to have one :(

I'm hoping for people to be OK!

We'll catch up with everyone in the next couple epilogue-style posts... or at least, almost everyone.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Solo_and_Fel: Intense!

Glad you thought so [face_peace]

I especially liked the beginning part with Jaina - it was very cinematic. I could just see her getting dragged as they ran in one of those silent slowed down shots as she just keep staring back towards the camera - towards her sacrifices.

Wow, thanks. It's nice to know that came through visually.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :)

GMK: Wow. Intense action, fast pacing. great development.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :)

And that's just the Korriban scenes. The Flight From Coruscant scenes were meh, at best. Its just me, I've never like Han, Luke, Leia anyways.

I've always enjoyed them, ever since the OT. Anyway, we'll be seeing some different combinations of characters in the next fic. Maybe that will shake things up a bit for you.

Great post, can't wait for more.

Thanks and thanks for reading and replying :D

Magnuskn: Unless I see her beheaded corpse getting burned into ashes be written in the story by you, I don´t think Cem is really dead. Old comic book rule.

[face_laugh]

I'll make a note to make sure the next death is super-grisley and convincing :p

Man, intense stuff. Really, really intense. Everybody is in trouble, and things ain't looking good. Now, don't you dare let Jag die, too, that'd be too much.

Well, it looks like he'll survive this fic at least, unless his disease suddenly gets him in the epilogue... Seems unlikely if Jaina's vision of him can be trusted.

Great chapter!

Thank you!

*edit* Lol! Reading the responses above me, it seems that the word describing this chapter which is coming to everybodys mind is the same.

These are some intense replies! :p

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Rew: Excellent update, Yobi, and a worthy climax!

Thanks. I was afraid it would be a little underwhelming since the real climax of the story is probably the Anakin discovery like 12 chapters ago, but I promise the end to the second fic will be epic.

Just like Callista in The Lands of the Dead, I have full confidence that Evelyn is not dead. If there's no carcass, there's no death.

Yeah, I'm not arguing :p

Interesting dilemma for Jaina about whether to leave Korriban or not. And yet I was rather confused. Let me illustrate what I mean:
    This looks like a contradiction to me. Does Jaina believe escaping with Jag (and "sacrificing" Ben and Tahiri) is wrong or the right thing to do? Maybe you could explain it to me why she shifted so suddenly from wrong (with italics) to sort of right, and finally acquiescence?

Sure. When Jaina says, she knows that "on some level, Jag is right," she's referring to what he said about her wanting to share Ben and Tahiri's fate. There's a part of Jaina that would rather die with them than leave them behind.

When she says she "just knows Jag is wrong," it's because it feels completely unnatural for Jaina to abandon her comrads and pretty much goes against everything she stands for. She can't really put that into words, but that's what she can't let go of (it wasn't explained very well in the chapter, but I kind of wanted to leave it to interpretation.

As for why she finally gives in, I think Jag finally wore her down and the threat of him staying behind was too much for her. She didn't want to see Jag die in what she knows (whether she'll admit it or not) would be a suicidal stand against the Sith in their own enclave.

Yeah, Jaina, just like you saved your other brother?

Yep...

I guess I just don't get why Jaina is so hellbound

7. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    ;) I think that you're saving the person you're meant to, Jaina.

Good update Wes... everyone's getting away... after a fashion. Poor Cem, Ben, and Tahiri. :(

Am I smelling a sequel here?

o_O

Cyn

8. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    :_| So much sadness in this chapter! At least Jaina and Jag got away. Maybe they will be able to find Luke and the other Jedi and get some help?

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    WIZARD!!!!

Do you still know me? :p

As I see, I return rightly for the climax of this and the end.

First things first:
    I think I told you way way way back in my first post here .. that must have been way right after your first post :p that the "save him" means Anakin :D [face_dancing]

And second:
    Absolutely mind-blowing awesomeness you've created here :D

Jaina is some blind dork that doesn?t even care what Jag is hiding from her and possessed by what her dead brother has told her.
    Tahiri is in her old form :D way to go girl ;)
    Jag is as stubborn and closed up as ever
    C 3PO and Han are the best love couple ever - you think those two are married with all their picking on each other
    Tarfaang should get a nice wupping for hurting poor Wobbler (who is just adorable cute [face_love] )
    Allana is all kick ass - and scared the mighty bounty hunter - brilliant.
    Very nice choosing of Anakin?s new name - Yammka :D

Well I could probably go on and on ... and write page long reviews and take up the precious time of yours and keep you from doing the most important thing - update this :p ;)

I?m eager to find out about the faith of those remaining with the Sith - Tarfaang, Juun and Wobbler - do the Sith have a heart for cute droids and put him back together or has poor Wobbler who has no arms at the moment - to wait for Jaya?s return? Then Anakin had a liking of putting things together when he was young [face_mischief] :->
    And also poor Cem who got shot down. Did she survive the crash?

That all reminds me why I read your stories when you?re done - there is nothing to wait for :p

Kudus to you, my friend! [:D]

Brilliant work of awesomeness :D =D= =D==D==D=

10. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great chapter Yoda

I can't wait to see what happens with Anakin and Tahiri as I notice she has not actually been frozen yet. I hope Cem survives even if that means she gets captured! At least she can be rescued later.

I loved the falcons escape - it reminded me of the original films - with parts breaking, being destroyed etc and Han carrying on regardless!

Looking forward to the next chapter!!

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Cyn: I think that you're saving the person you're meant to, Jaina.

I'm sure you do :p We'll have to wait and see if you're right [face_shhh]

Good update Wes...

everyone's getting away... after a fashion. Poor Cem, Ben, and Tahiri.

Yeah, not quite everyone :p

Am I smelling a sequel here?

Yep, there was always going to be a sequel. I just wasn't sure if this was going to be a two story series or three? should be 2.

Thanks for reading and replying :)

jedimasterjsa: So much sadness in this chapter!

Yeah, it's not a happy story :(

At least Jaina and Jag got away. Maybe they will be able to find Luke and the other Jedi and get some help?

Maybe. I imagine that's what Jaina and Jag will do next. Go find Luke & company and probably put together some sort of Remnant fleet to help as well. We shall see.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Maggy: Good to see you! :D

WIZARD!!!!

lol

Do you still know me?

Of course! :p

As I see, I return rightly for the climax of this and the end.

A good time to come back.

First things first:
    I think I told you way way way back in my first post here .. that must have been way right after your first post that the "save him" means Anakin

Yep, you guessed it right away :D Good job.

And second:
    Absolutely mind-blowing awesomeness you've created here

Thank you [face_blush]

Jaina is some blind dork that doesn?t even care what Jag is hiding from her and possessed by what her dead brother has told her.

I wouldn't say she doesn't care what Jag is hiding, she's just preoccupied with other things that are going on. She has no idea Jag is dying.

Tahiri is in her old form way to go girl

Glad you liked that. I was not a fan of LotF Tahiri.

Jag is as stubborn and closed up as ever

Yeah :(

C 3PO and Han are the best love couple ever - you think those two are married with all their picking on each other

Maybe some day Han will finally drop that dead-weight Leia and realize that he and the droid are meant to be [face_love]

Tarfaang should get a nice wupping for hurting poor Wobbler (who is just adorable cute)

Wobbler deserved it :p

Allana is all kick ass - and scared the mighty bounty hunter - brilliant.

Scared him? She beat his choobies :p

Very nice choosing of Anakin?s new name - Yammka

Glad you approve [face_peace]

Well I could probably go on and on ... and write page long reviews and take up the precious time of yours and keep you from doing the most important thing - update this

There might be a delay on that :p

I?m eager to find out about the faith of those remaining with the Sith - Tarfaang, Juun and Wobbler - do the Sith have a heart for cute droids and put him back together or has poor Wobbler who has no arms at the moment - to wait for Jaya?s return? Then Anakin had a liking of putting things together when he was young :->

This is a very good guess.

And also poor Cem who got shot down. Did she survive the crash?

Who knows? [face_mischief]

That all reminds me why I read your stories when you?re done - there is nothing to wait for
    Kudus to you, my friend!
    Brilliant work of awesomeness

Thank you [face_blush] And thanks for reading and replying. I hope you like the end :)

Diamond: Great chapter Yoda

I can't wait to see what happens with Anakin and Tahiri as I notice she has not actually been frozen yet.

This is true. Maybe she won't be [face_thinking]

I hope Cem survives even if that means she gets captured! At least she can be rescued later.

Some fates are worse than death though [face_worried]

I loved the falcons escape - it reminded me of the original films - with parts breaking, being destroyed etc and Han carrying on regardless!

I'm glad you like

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  13. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    FIRST!!! [face_dancing] :D

Reply in a bit!

-------

Wow, major re-cap of the after-effects of the Jedi Temple attack there. Thanks for wrapping that all up so nicely for us and the parallel between that and Jacen's attack on Ossus was really cool.

I really liked how you set up the scene in the hangar, conveying the sense of urgency that the Masters' were feeling by having an impromptu meeting in the hangar. The fusioncutter, the coolant spill, etc., it was all great!

A retort was perched on Leia's thin lips when Kyp Durron burst into the hangar, his dark hair disheveled and green cloak trailing him.

Kyp!! [face_dancing] [face_love] :D

But seriously, did you have to go with Denning's description of him being unkept? o_O

The empty bottle sleeping on the blood-red qashmel carpet at her feet gleamed with the warped reflection from the glowing vidscreen, the image of the holojournalist wrapped around the curve of the glass in a grotesque, and slightly comical, parody. Her bare feet nudged the bottle as she muttered to herself, watching the image stretch and distort until it was no longer recognizable, and Chief of State Daala no longer had to contend with more than one face in her apartment delivering the bad news.

I thought this passage was particularily brilliant. It is such a creative way to open a scene, and made me visualize it like a movie shot in my mind.

Ok, have I mentioned that I think the Death Carver is creepy? If not, I think he's creepy. Actually, he's beyond creepy. He's downright frightening. [face_worried]

[face_laugh] I am enjoying how messed up your Daala is though!

After more than a day of searching the enclave with an entire legion of stormtroopers generously supplied by Jagged Fel, they'd found no trace of the Sith cult Jaina claimed had been there taking young Force-sensitives prisoner? in fact, they found no trace that anyone had even been there in years.

Woah. :eek: Those Sith certainly are good at cleaning up their tracks.... *shakes head in disbelief*

"She's telling the truth," Jag said. The Remnant leader was using a walking stick to bear some of his meager weight though Luke hadn't heard exactly what injury he'd suffered to require it. "They were here."

Poor Jag... :( When is he going to tell Jaina that he's dying? Or is he at all? :(

The only answer was the howl of Korriban's winds.

Great closing line for a great chapter. It's a really subdued chapter, but somehow that seems like more of a cliffhanger than any other device you've used so far.

How many more chapters do we have for this one? Or is it finished for now? [face_plain]

~Celeste

14. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Great Update!

15. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    What a day.... Blood Trail was updated. Woo hoo! =D=

And what an update it was.

Well...its answered some question but left others unanswered (of course) and made new ones.

Boy was I waiting for this one!

Not nearly as long as Lands of the Dead but yay!!!

I kinda like the mistrust Jaina's family has about her. She did see what she saw but seriously who expects to believe it when she did go off the radar.

And isn't Korriban supposed to full of dark side energy or was that Ziost?

As for Daala and the Blood Carver... she needs to stop hallucinating. :p She is def as crazy as they come. And i almost forgot about that damn Blood Carver who has the entire operation moved... right?

All in all... it was great and well worth the wait? And how many more chapters only a couple right?

16. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Giant force illusion right under everybodys nose... they are standing in the midst of a group of very pissed off Sith. I called it first. :p

Well, well... things are proceeding, but I really want to know what happened to Tahiri. [face_worried]

Excellent chapter. :)

17. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Okay... I'm behind again on this one. Oh well... lol.

Korriban! Oh man... I hate that place. Everytime it shows up you KNOW something bad is about to happen... Also, What's happened to Tahiri? Arghh, too many questions! Oh well, I'll just sit here and patiently wait for the next update!

Morgoth :)

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I'm sad after reading this. My two favorite characters have disappeared.

Great job!

19. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 50: Abandoned

Sounds not all too good [face_worried]

"We didn't know what was going on when our communications went out," Kam Solusar said, running a hand through his receding gray hair and releasing a sigh of bewilderment. "But given the way things were heating up with Daala and the way Jaina seemed to inflame the situation? no offense? we figured it couldn't be good."

With Daala good doesn?t mix at all. I suppose she is a bit nutters and it is surprising that she doesn?t call a ?hug-my-self?-jacket her own ;)
    Her case a bit worse and she can play the leading role in ?50 first dates? 8-}

Leia's imagination had turned especially grim since the Mandalorian/Galactic Alliance attack on Coruscant's Temple, fearing Daala might dispatch a fleet or band of mercenaries to the Academy simultaneously as a way of crushing the Order in a single, horrible day.

I suppose Daala has read up some stories about Order 66 and how it was pulled off. Simultaneously attacks prevent the possibility to warn someone. *sour face*

"If our hunch is correct, it's probably the Mandalorians," Luke explained, stroking his chin absently as he paced in front of the hangar's hatchway. "They tried to assassinate Tenel Ka and Jag Fel, as well."

Someone seems to have succeeded with Jag in a way ... what is with his illness?? [face_batting]

And apparently, haunting Jaina through the Force as well, if her story to Luke was to be believed. The former Princess of Alderaan found the prospect of Jacen's spirit reaching his twin sister extremely unsettling and hoped that it was simply some sort of hallucination Jaina was suffering from too many days alone by Dagobah's fume-belching bogs. In the midst of everything, all the anger she felt over the attack, the fear that plagued her in the wake of Jaina and Ben's disappearance, Leia's mind was still whirling with her brother Luke's revelation that the dark man he'd been seeing in visions for more than two years was actually her long dead son, Anakin. There was no way to make sense of it, and all it managed to do was add one more layer of confusion and open another old wound.

Now Jaina is hallucinating?? How nice, right blame it all on the toxins on Dagobah ... does that mean Luke was hallucinating everything too when he was there? :p Like his vision in the cave? *winks*
    So he did tell his sister about the visions [face_thinking]

"That," Leia's brother replied, his ice-blue eyes turning distant and pale, "I don't know."

:p that seems to be rather often the case 8-}

A little voice chased him moments before its owner scrambled through the rounded portal on much shorter legs. "Wait, Mister Solo! I wanna come with!"

awww

"Sorry, sweetheart, it ain't gonna happen. You've been in enough danger this week. Time for you to take it easy. Uncle Lando will look after you while me and Leia are gone. Sorry, we're taking Threepio with us?"

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]
    Of course he has to take along lovely Threepio XD.

"Hey, trust me, I don't like it any better than you do, but we might need a translator and old chip-for-brains if fluent in six-million forms of annoying."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Chip-for-brains
    brilliant name

"Sorry about that, Han," Lando said, reaching down and scooping Allana off of the deck before she could reach her grandfather. There were beads of perspiration glistening on the old gambler's brow, and Leia wondered if he'd been chasing the seven-year-old girl across half of the space station. "Tendra and I won't let her out of our sight while you're gone."

Even when he can?t keep up with her? :p

He spun around, his brow drawn down sharply as though the question were absurd. "To get Jaina."

[face_laugh] where else, looking for his ?little? girl.

"We'll figure something out? search every damn system if we have to," Han said.

That sounds after Han ;)

Han snorted. "The whole Force-thing gets a lot less impressive the more I'm around you people."

He is soooo funny XD.

20. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Drunken Daala, eh? o_O Nice one. And I just bet that she's not going to like what Rive has in store for her. If she survives it at all... O:)

Nice update.

Cyn

21. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
  22. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    good chapter.... i get that people would question Jaina but she has an alibi... JAG!!!! questioning two normally sane persons is well.... Stupid...
    i dont like the look of Daala's future (or lack thereof.... :p )

23. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Well.. I can certainly see it ending on a note like TESB: down but optimistic

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Aw, seeing Korriban abandoned and everything that Jaina and the others have been through just...erased from the landscape--in a way this is the saddest chapter to date. Of course, we the readers know this is an elaborate dark side trick to cover their trail, even if Jaina's parents think she's finally gone off the deep end.

But how will Luke forgive Jaina for what she's caused to happen to his son?

25. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Seeing how he let him go with a nudge and a wink, I think he'll be not as unforgiving as you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.