main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry it's taken me so long to do replies, everyone. Been a busy week for me [face_peace]

CelseteAntola: FIRST!!!

Nicely done =D=

Wow, major re-cap of the after-effects of the Jedi Temple attack there. Thanks for wrapping that all up so nicely for us and the parallel between that and Jacen's attack on Ossus was really cool.

Thanks. It seemed inevitable that the Jedi would be reminded of that.

I really liked how you set up the scene in the hangar, conveying the sense of urgency that the Masters' were feeling by having an impromptu meeting in the hangar. The fusioncutter, the coolant spill, etc., it was all great!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) They have a lot to discuss [face_worried]

Kyp!!
    But seriously, did you have to go with Denning's description of him being unkept?

Well, it is canon now :p Doesn't match up with Vector Prime Kyp at all, but I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense for the character. Kyp's one of my favorites, btw :)

I thought this passage was particularily brilliant. It is such a creative way to open a scene, and made me visualize it like a movie shot in my mind.

Aw, thanks [face_blush] I'm glad it came across well.

Ok, have I mentioned that I think the Death Carver is creepy? If not, I think he's creepy.

I do too [face_worried]

Actually, he's beyond creepy. He's downright frightening.

We'll be seeing a lot more of him in the sequel [face_batting]

I am enjoying how messed up your Daala is though!

That drunk :p

Woah. Those Sith certainly are good at cleaning up their tracks.... *shakes head in disbelief*

I know. Who'd have thunk it?

Poor Jag... When is he going to tell Jaina that he's dying? Or is he at all?

I think he's not planing on doing it, but I would be very surprised if Jaina doesn't find out at some point in the next story.

Great closing line for a great chapter. It's a really subdued chapter, but somehow that seems like more of a cliffhanger than any other device you've used so far.

Yeah, this is definitely not a story with a giant climactic ending. I really like the final post though [face_shhh]

How many more chapters do we have for this one? Or is it finished for now?

Just one. One very short post that will probably tell you a lot about what to expect in the sequel and what the entire point of writing the story was [face_whistling]

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

star_writer: Great Update!

Thank you very much and thanks for reading and replying :D

Master_Jaina1011: What a day.... Blood Trail was updated. Woo hoo!

Yeah, hasn't happened very often lately :p

And what an update it was.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

Well...its answered some question but left others unanswered (of course) and made new ones.

Yeah, that's usually the way it goes :p

Boy was I waiting for this one!
    Not nearly as long as Lands of the Dead but yay!!!

Yeah, hopefully I'm done with delays now and can get on my regular posting schedule the rest of the way. Only one post left in this story anyway.

I kinda like the mistrust Jaina's family has about her. She did see what she saw but seriously who expects to believe it when she did go off the radar.

She's done a lot of crazy stuff in the last week and it's been two years since most of them have seen her anyway. I can see why Han would be skeptical.

And isn't Korriban supposed to full of dark side energy or was that Ziost?

Both [face_devil] They were both the homeworld of the Sith for some time. Korriban is the original homeworld but it eventually became the Sith tomb world after the death of Adas.

As for Daala and the Blood Carver... she needs to stop hallucinating. She is def as crazy as they come. And i almost forgot about that damn Blood Carver who has the entire operation mov

2. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    *Dashes in*

Crap! YK was already here!!!

Oh well, better late than never.

Awesome update, YK. I'm really liking how this story is shaping.

But I'm still horribly upset about BEN! :_| Why, cruel world!

And Jaggy not siding with Jay! :eek:

Oh well. It's happened before. I mean, if I was Jay, I wouldn't trust MYSELF, let alone expect my ex to believe me!

Anyway, keep up the fabulous work!

JJB

3. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Jaya_Jag_Ben: *Dashes in*
    Crap! YK was already here!!!

It's okay, I come back :p

Oh well, better late than never.
    Awesome update, YK. I'm really liking how this story is shaping.

But I'm still horribly upset about BEN! Why, cruel world!

This is not a happy story, I'm afraid :(

And Jaggy not siding with Jay!

Well, he just couldn't confirm the Anakin stuff and wasn't going to lie about it. I'm not sure if he believes her or not, but I kind of doubt it.

Oh well. It's happened before. I mean, if I was Jay, I wouldn't trust MYSELF, let alone expect my ex to believe me!

Yeah, there doesn't appear to be any explanation for what she saw, so it's going to be a tough sell to anyone.

Anyway, keep up the fabulous work!

Thanks :D There's just one post left, so I won't have to keep it up very long :p

Thanks again for reading and replying :)

The Epilogue should be up in a bit, and then "Blood Trail" will be all wrapped up. I hope you guys like the final post. It's my favorite :)

4. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    *takes seat in anticipation*

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  6. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
  7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Awesome ending! =D=

And it looks like Jacen may be gradually finding redemption after all. His eyes are still yellow, but there is no longer the sneer--and his spirit is not restricted to dark side places anymore, apparently.

Also, I loved Jaina channeling her inner Vong, embracing the pain! :p

But yeah, beautiful ending, what with Chewbacca's memorial (taking us all the way back to Vector Prime) and especially Anakin's lightsaber. I wonder what role that weapon will play in the sequel? Perhaps it will bring memories back to Lord Yammka? [face_thinking]

The most refreshing thing about this post (and the fic as a whole) is seeing Jacen and Jaina on the same side again, doing the right thing together. We haven't had that in pro-fic for a while. :mad:

Can't wait for the sequel! Have you decided on a title yet?

8. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    :eek: =D=

Awesome.

=D=

~Celeste

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Well, that's the end of Blood Trail. I had a lot of fun writing this one and it was a nice break from my other series. The sequel will begin posting some time in 2010, when all the dangling plotlines here will be resolved. You'll learn what happened to Ben and Tahiri, how it is that Anakin Solo is alive and kickin'?and evil?, whether or not Jag is going to tell anyone that he's sick ( :p ), and what Jacen and Jaina are going to do about it all. And most importantly, you'll find out the fates of Tarfang, Juun, and Wobbler.

I am going to be focusing on "The Lands of the Dead" and the last story in that series for a bit though, so I doubt you'll see anything before spring.

A special thank you to jagsredlady for her betawork.

Also, a big thank you to Maggy for the awesome cover. I think it's my favorite.

I want to thank, GrandMasterKatarn, TahiriSoloFan, Draconarius, canadianjedimama, Spike2002, Tahi, Diamond_Revelation, Clone_Cmdr_Wedge, jagsredlady, CelseteAntola, Magnuskn, Rew, corran2, amidalachick, jedimasterjsa, shahid_chestro, Jag4Me, Durroness, Maggy, The_PIED_PIPER, Jaya_Jag_Ben, Kailene, Solo_and_Fel, TelannaTani, Morgoth_The_Enemy, rebel_cheese, SilSolo, LittleMissNightsaber, SilverWolf77, padawan lunetta, Sticks, FORCEBlLADE, dancinut1080, Jedi-Ant, NightSword, Aracnid, Jaina_Solo_Goddess, Darth_Mediocre, iamobiwan1970, Dark_Philosopher, Vongchild, Sinrebirth, G__Anakin, Jaina_Jade_Fel, Vialco, blurt, The_Slilent_One, TheOnlyJediPrincess, Jaina_and_Jag, smash128, JedIKnIghtDarthUnity, star-writer24, brodiew, ccp, Pelranius, Kidan, zonzo, Thrawn McEwok, Ubersue, MarasFire, melino, UrbanJedi, amphetamine47, Sentenal, Flow-Walker, wac0782, Lola64, Darkwriter, JainaSolorocks, Ultima_1Master_Jaina1011, jadesabre75, DarthBellumSolo, SpiritofEowyn, angry_bendu1, DARTH_MU, Lightsaber123, THE_EVIL_CLIFFIE, OceanGipsy, Zardi, spiritweaver, littlefury, Hattrick, Allana_Djo_Solo, jedi_princess18, damienraw, cdphan79, Rivka, unfun, Earthknight, Astrids_Muse, jaina-Fett, Jedi-Sith, The-Chosen-One91, Stroja, Brown-Eyed_Girl, Rogue11JSF, Lordban, jedi_imp, TKeira_Lea, willowbeecat, carr3107, thebadge, filmsaboutghosts, and Aspiration for reading this story. Also, thanks to anyone I may have forgotten and any lurkers out there.

I'm really looking forward to writing the second and final part of this story, when we'll get to the real fireworks. For those of you who have asked to receive PM updates for this fic, you'll have to let me know if you wish to continue to receive them for the sequel. If I don't hear from you, I will assume that you do not.

Thanks again, everyone [:D]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  10. maplecroix

maplecroix Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2007
    I've totally been a lurker throughout this, but I've followed it from the very beginning, and love it. My favorite fic on the boards :) I'd love to be on the PM list for the sequel whenever it comes into being. I love how you're using Jacen, btw. I hope we get to see more of him~

11. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    loved the ending and the first half of the story. sign me up to receive PMs of the sequel.

12. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Sorry I haven't replied in a while, Yoda. Kinda fell into Lurker more there for a bit. [face_blush]

Like Rew, I love the little ways you're showing Jacen coming back from the dark side. No more Caedus sneers or glares.

Most certainly sign me up for the sequel. And, just for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if you just announced that Tarfang was killed trying to escape. You know, no need for him to actually appear in the story then. ;) [face_mischief] O:)

I know Yoda will probably pounce on this anyway, but what the heck: the second half didn't quite do it for you, then?

13. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    lol.. sorry. i was referring to the end of this story as the "first half", considering its a two part story.. sorry for the confusion.

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job! After reading this, I can't wait to see the epilouge for LotD.

15. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Whew... [face_hypnotized]

Awesome! :D

I've loved this since the beginning, and I HATE that you left me there, but I'm so excited to see it continue. [face_dancing]

[face_thinking] Interesting that Jaina picked up the "torch" of the last true light of the Jedi there at the end. [face_mischief]

Random thought: Is Jacen going to get less Sithly as he works with Jaina to stop evil!Anakin? Kind of like the better he looks, the closer he is to redemption in the Force? [face_thinking]

Thanks for the wicked story Wes! Looking forward to the PM in the spring! :cool: Any gross medical inspiration, you know where I'm at... [face_laugh]

=D=

Cyn

16. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    I have one thing to say: this is awesome. I sat down and told myself that I had to read it after just the first post. And I couldn't stop until I got to the end. I absolutely loved this story, and this is better, in my opinion, than a whole lot of the stuff I've read in the EU since the Dark Nest Trilogy was released. It even had Anakin in it! Albeit evil, but that just makes me want to know how it happened and what's going to happen next! PM me for the sequel, please?

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    =D=

Great ending to a great story. Cannot wait for the sequel and I wonder how Jaina and Jacen will get to Anakin! I loved it and I guess now I should go back and read your other series while waiting for the sequel!

Bravo on a job well done!

18. Flow-Walker

Flow-Walker Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2009
    A wonderful end to a wonderful story! =D= I need to know what happens next . PMs for the sequel please.

19. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    =D= Really like the idea of Jacen working on his redemption and helping Jaina. Nice! Can you put me on the PM list for the sequel? Looking forward to it! [:D]

20. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    WOW!!! short chapter but a great ending....
    the interaction between Jacen and Jaina was short and spot on. great characterization.
    i really hope that we see more of Jacen in the sequel and that he gains redemption. and ofcourse i want a PM.

Great work Yoda... you're really one of the best authors i've evr read, published or otherwise and its a pleasure to read ypur posts... [face_peace]

21. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Wobbler has been used as cyborg parts for Tarfang, calling it now. :p And he is still aware and always only can voice dismay at Tarfangs violent outbursts, mwahaha. [face_mischief]

This was a great fic and I can't wait for the sequel. Maybe when you are finished with it, I can convince you to write that "Anakin, Tahiri, Jaina and Jag go to the Legacy era" time-travel fic I want you to write so much. ;)

Cheers and many thanks for writing this excellent work. It was a pleasure to read it and I can only hope you'll stay many years with us, to regale us with more of your fantastic stories!

Magnus

22. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

Wizardy Devil

I would feel worse for Adam Sandler.

No no ? Sandler?s role is played by her one true love, Tarkin :p
    He can then suffer through being not recognized as her lover 8-}

We don't really know. It's either something he picked up on Tenupe or something Alema gave him?

*pokes* you better clear that up :p

Han's life would not be complete without suffering Threepio.

[face_laugh] of course!!!

Only drunker, crazier, and less capable :p

ROFLMAO!!

Excellent point...

[face_thinking]

Epilogue: The Need Arises

That causes more questions than anything :p
    *pokes*
    Don?t keep us waiting all too long with the next part ;)

Buried amongst the clusters of white stars sparkling through the void was a tiny, glaring flash of light?had anyone been watching, the short burst was all they would have seen of its arrival. The starfighter was as black as the abyss blanketing its fiberplast surfaces, its matte finish all but erasing it from the eyes of the galaxy. It reflected no starlight, showed not a glint of silver dancing off its wingtips or shimmer of heat from its hull armor. Even the efflux of its fusial engines burned so darkly that it was invisible in space.

:eek: wow awesome image here!!!!!

But no one saw the flash of hyperspace reversion.

No one on the little green planet was even looking.

The question is if the little flash would have even been noticed from the surface [face_thinking]

A web of black scars was slashed through the green of one hemisphere, reaching out and raking the planet's face like the crooked branches of a cold, barren tree. The scars and dark pits gave way to great swaths of black where acres and acres of forest had been scorched to ash, and what life had been there was long gone.

Hell! What have they done to this once beautiful planet ... it will take hundreds of years that the scorches vanishes with new grown trees.

Two years later, swirls of ash could still be seen above the trees, kicked up by Kashyyyk's winds and hanging over the desolation in a pall of smoke.

Oh wow :eek:

She wanted it to hurt.

Selfpunishment? o_O

There, on the branch in front of the memorial was a small silver object resting in a blackened groove.

Jaina bent down and wrapped her fingers around the grip before lifting the hilt from the hole her father had burned so many years ago, and rising. She studied the weapon for a moment, her dark eyes gliding over the heavy, rounded pommel, ridged handgrip, power cell housing, crystal field generator, adjust knob and activator, and the emitter ring at its peak, as memories flooded her mind. It was a well-constructed weapon that still gleamed after more than a decade exposed to the elements.

Came she here to see if Anakin fetched his weapon? To see if it is still resting there as would the previous events never have happened?
    A reminder of old and happy times ... when the Solo children were just that, children even though they never were just children.

She held her breath as she thumbed on the activator. A violet beam of energy flashed out with a loud snap-hiss that sent a flock of birds flapping away with irritated shrieks. Jaina didn't even notice, so lost in the white light and purple mist as the lightsaber blade hummed loudly in her ears, the violet light dancing in her eyes like smoldering embers.

Does she take it with her, to replace her own weapon?

"You're going to need my help, you know?"

And who might that be? Another lost brother?

The spirit nodded and turned back the way Jaina had come, walking down the long fallen branch of Chewbacca's memorial. Jaina tightened her grip around Anakin Solo's lightsaber and strode after Jacen.

She took it with her :D

Together, they disappeared into the trees.

Somehow strange to walk with a spirit 8-}

I want to know how this continues.
    *scowls at herself* Why do I not keep to reading when it is all done and wrapped up :p Now I?ve to wait to see what happens with Wobbler, J

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Amazing finish to an amazing story! =D=

The spirit nodded and turned back the way Jaina had come, walking down the long fallen branch of Chewbacca's memorial. Jaina tightened her grip around Anakin Solo's lightsaber and strode after Jacen.

I absolutely love this. Despite everything they've been through, and everything that's ahead of them, there's a little glimmer of light and hope, and that's enough for now.

Please keep me on the PM list for the sequel. I'm looking forward to it!

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    star_writer: Sweet!

Glad you liked it :) Thanks for reading and replying!

Rew: Awesome ending!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

And it looks like Jacen may be gradually finding redemption after all. His eyes are still yellow, but there is no longer the sneer--and his spirit is not restricted to dark side places anymore, apparently.

Yeah, there seems to be some sincerity showing through, and I guess we know now that his motivations throughout the fic were sincere. Unless there's some horrible twist coming :p

As for dark side restrictions, it may be that Jacen can appear there because the horrible things he did to Kashyyyk have created a dark side nexus there. [face_whistling]

Also, I loved Jaina channeling her inner Vong, embracing the pain!

Heh. Some physical strain can be theraputic.

But yeah, beautiful ending, what with Chewbacca's memorial (taking us all the way back to Vector Prime) and especially Anakin's lightsaber. I wonder what role that weapon will play in the sequel? Perhaps it will bring memories back to Lord Yammka?

Maybe. Jaina needed a new lightsaber and it seems fitting for her to take that one up now. I don't know if it's clear, but that's why she's holding the violet lightsaber on the cover.

The most refreshing thing about this post (and the fic as a whole) is seeing Jacen and Jaina on the same side again, doing the right thing together. We haven't had that in pro-fic for a while.

That was really my motivation for writing this. I wanted some peace there and to make them work together again.

Can't wait for the sequel! Have you decided on a title yet?

I haven't! If anyone has suggestions for a title for the sequel, feel free to post it or PM me. I am horrible at coming up with them.

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Celsete: Awesome.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

And thanks for reading and replying :D

maplecroix: I've totally been a lurker throughout this, but I've followed it from the very beginning, and love it.

Well, it's nice to meet you :) I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

My favorite fic on the boards

Thank you [face_blush]

I'd love to be on the PM list for the sequel whenever it comes into being.

Will do [face_peace] Might be six months or more before it starts, but I promise I'll get to it.

I love how you're using Jacen, btw. I hope we get to see more of him~

We will definitely be seeing a lot more of Jacen in the sequel. [face_mischief]

Thanks again for reading and replying :D

GMK: loved the ending and the first half of the story.

sign me up to receive PMs of the sequel.

Will do [face_peace]

Thanks so much for reading all of this and replying :D

And also thanks for sharing the "Tales of the Hunter" throughout. I really enjoyed those.

Draconarius: Sorry I haven't replied in a while, Yoda. Kinda fell into Lurker more there for a bit.

No need to apologize it. I appreciate it whenever you can reply.

Like Rew, I love the little ways you're showing Jacen coming back from the dark side. No more Caedus sneers or glares.

He's still in Chaos, but maybe there's a path for redemption for Jacen. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Most certainly sign me up for the sequel.

Cool beans :cool: Glad to have you aboard.

And, just for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if you just announced that Tarfang was killed trying to escape. You know, no need for him to actually appear in the story then.

[face_laugh]

I'll keep that in mind.

Sequel spoiler: I don't see that happening though. [face_mischief]

Thanks again for reading and replying :D

I know Yoda will probably pounce on thi

25. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I'm pretty sure this ending left me with more questions than answers. I'm more inclined to call it an intermission. :)
    But it looks like from your note my questions will be answered in time. I look forward to the next installment. If you do a PM list for when the story starts up again, please include me. This has been a fun ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.