main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    YodaKenobiAnd also thanks for sharing the "Tales of the Hunter" throughout. I really enjoyed those.

its not over.. im trying to find out where i left off so i can give it a proper ending

2. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Awwwwwwwww, it's over already? :_|
    But it was a really good read.
    I just wish you hadn't left Ben in carbonite! Tahiri, sure. Gotta sacrifice for the story, ya know. But Ben! :eek: ;)
    It's nice to see that Jaina is coming back to the Force. Hopefully she is going to stay with the Light, though, and not let this drag her down to the Dark again.

Great story! I really enjoyed this fic!

3. Jedi_Vai

Jedi_Vai Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Ok, started reading this at work while waiting for my computer, and now, 4 days later, all I can say is, I wish the heck LFL would just hire about 5 authors here to write instead of the guys they have doing it, and you are now on my list!
    Imaginative, engrossing story with fantastic characterizations, suspense, action, and what's even more, FUN!
    Thanks for the entertainment. Can't wait for the sequel!
    Add me to your PM for the sequel, please!

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I finally caught up. Great ending, YK. And looking forward to the sequel :D

5. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    New Year's Resolution: catch up on this 'fic.

I realise it's a little early to start making resolutions (we haven't even gotten past Christmas yet) but I remember how awesome this was when I started reading it - before RL forced me to go AWOL - and I desperately want to finish this, so... New Year's Resolution...

But seriously, I'm currently catching up on pregnantpadme's A/T 'fic, so once I'm all caught up on that one, this is next in line.

And I really can't wait. :D

Ant.

6. roguefel

roguefel Jedi Master

May 16, 2008
    wow this story was great, cant wait for the sequal!!!

If you have a PM list for when you start the sequal could you add me to it??

look forward to the new story!!

Kat
    x

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So Caedus is finding redemption. nice work

8. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great final posts Yoda. Sorry I missed them DRL got in the way for a while!

Please put me on the PM list for the sequel. I look forward to it!

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great fic! Very interesting to see Anakin return and Jacen helping Jaina. I look forward to the sequel.

10. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    So I finally found the time to read this fic, and I'm glad I did.

In all honesty, I have a hard time enjoying any story that adheres to profic canon beyond the Thrawn Trilogy, and this story especially dwelt on my least favorite consequences of NJO & LotF. That being said, the story which was told in this fic felt like a legitimate turn of events for the characters as the exist by this point in the timeline. I haven't read a word of the 'Fate of the Jedi' series, but I can easily imagine that many of the events taking place in Blood Trail could occur as they are portrayed here - particularly the latest convoluted schemes of the One Sith and the behavior of Jaina, Tahiri & Ben if it were somehow possible that Anakin had actually survived due to some as yet unknown & extraordinary intervention by Darth Krayt.

It was aweseome to see Mandos get screen time in a Yobi fic, and I was pleased to see characters such as Daala, Jag, Allana and Saba get fleshed out a bit too. Just for fun I would've liked to see Allana toss Boba Fett out a window into a trash bin or something, so Han didn't have to actively choose to let him live like that.

It's a shame that the Jedi are on the run again, but maybe they'll finally learn their lesson and just stay the frak out of the core once and for all. I mean, seriously, what good ever comes of it? I genuinely think that the galaxy at large would be better off if Luke herded them all off to some tranquil planet in wild space while he still can, and just kept to themselves unless beings came to them for help, instead of spending their time wailing and gnashing their teeth in the luxury of their opalescent temple on Coruscant. They waste so much time & energy fretting over appearances, that they fail to uphold the most basic and sacred principles that the Jedi are supposed to represent in the first place.

Perhaps, If Jaina really can save Anakin, things will finally come full circle and these characters can be put out of their misery one way or another. It will be interesting to discover what Jacen/Cadeus is actually up to to, and what will become of Ben & Tahiri.

Great stuff as always Yobi, thanx for sharing it with us.

11. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Fantastic. Loved the creepy imagery, and action sequences, characterization, all of it. Thanks for posting this story, YodaKenobi!

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Finally finished this! Beautiful! Blooming beautiful ending! Had a bit of confusion at the Cem reveal, but otherwise, awesome. The Fett turnaround was completely unforeseen, and probably the best bit of the novel. Daala being slightly mad didn't always work too well for me, but if she's being Sith influenced it works. Now all we need is to see more of people like Wedge, Gavin and Niathal - the 'other side' of the line is filled with almost the entire cast!

10/10. I might even be tempted to tweak it so it fits into FotJ canon somehow. :p

13. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, can't believe I haven't done replies for this in almost 9 months... I apologize to everyone who replied in that time [face_blush] Your responses are very much appreciated.

Solo_and_Fel: I'm pretty sure this ending left me with more questions than answers. I'm more inclined to call it an intermission.

Sorry about that. All I can say is that I definitely have answers for all the little mysteries in this story and know where the storylines end, I just need the time to write it. Hopefully that will happen before the end of the year.

But it looks like from your note my questions will be answered in time. I look forward to the next installment. If you do a PM list for when the story starts up again, please include me. This has been a fun ride.

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I'll be sure to PM you when the story begins.

And thanks once again for reading and replying :D

GMK: its not over.. im trying to find out where i left off so i can give it a proper ending

I'm looking forward to that ;) You need to go back and collect them all so I can have the omnibus version!

:D

jedimasterjsa: Awwwwwwwww, it's over already?

Sorry. There will be more coming at some point :)

But it was a really good read.
    I just wish you hadn't left Ben in carbonite! Tahiri, sure. Gotta sacrifice for the story, ya know. But Ben!

lol! I'm sure Ben will be fine... or at least he'll make a fine coffee table :p

It's nice to see that Jaina is coming back to the Force. Hopefully she is going to stay with the Light, though, and not let this drag her down to the Dark again.

I hope so too. She looks like she's ready to be a Jedi again.

Great story! I really enjoyed this fic!

Thanks and thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Jedi_Vai: Ok, started reading this at work while waiting for my computer, and now, 4 days later, all I can say is, I wish the heck LFL would just hire about 5 authors here to write instead of the guys they have doing it, and you are now on my list!

Aw, thanks [face_blush] That's very kind of you to say, but in reality I'd probably end up screwing up the EU even worse :p

Imaginative, engrossing story with fantastic characterizations, suspense, action, and what's even more, FUN!

Thank you! :D Glad you had fun reading it and liked all those elements.

Thanks for the entertainment. Can't wait for the sequel!
    Add me to your PM for the sequel, please!

Will do. Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Spike: I finally caught up. Great ending, YK. And looking forward to the sequel

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. And thanks for reading and replying to yet another story :D

Ant: Good to see you! :)

New Year's Resolution: catch up on this 'fic.

I should make a New Year's resolution to write faster. I'm struggling.

I realise it's a little early to start making resolutions (we haven't even gotten past Christmas yet) but I remember how awesome this was when I started reading it - before RL forced me to go AWOL - and I desperately want to finish this, so... New Year's Resolution...
    But seriously, I'm currently catching up on pregnantpadme's A/T 'fic, so once I'm all caught up on that one, this is next in line.
    And I really can't wait.

Cool, I hope you like it. Thanks for reading and replying :D

roguefel: wow this story was great, cant wait for the sequal!!!

Thank you, I'm hoping to have the sequel going sometime this year.

If you have a PM list for when you start the sequal could you add me to it??

I certainly will, thanks for the interest :)

look forward to the new story!!

Thanks, and thanks again for reading and replying :D

Sil: So Caedus is finding redemption. nice work

Glad you liked that!

Thanks for reading and r

14. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't get on here much anymore but I thought "Blood Trail" was some of your best work, so I'm looking foward to the sequel. :D And what an interesting title choice, too! So many possibilities there! [face_thinking] :D

Ant.

15. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    ohhh...sounds awesome!
    rubbing my hands together in anticipation.

16. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, the title is okay. Kinda reminds me of "Moonwalk". [face_mischief] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.