main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damienraw

damienraw Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2008
    Long time lurker coming out of the black void ==================>

Ive been enjoying the new story just finished chapter 2 after reading (takes deep breath)

revolution and the rest of your vong saga + empire of the hand and just finished exodus and the first one its nice to be nearly upto date with a fic though its taken me about 8 months to get their!, im saving the land of the dead for a rainy day,

I stumbled on your fics after searching though the fan fiction section for some anakin related goodness, really enjoyed all the previous stories, almost sad to catch up and not be able to read the next chapter straight away!

After been a little disapointed with legacy im interested to see where you take this series, you really make jaina come alive and live up to her name the sword of the jedi, which she hasn't in the normal EU apart from maybe the last 2 books of legacy of the force, and im excited to see your spin of tahiri after she became a sith hussy (recalls disturbing memories of her trying to seduce ben) , and to see what ben is like now hes what 16/17?

2. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    You're the only one who knows if Jaina hugged him or not. I clipped the answer off when I posted it cause I thought it made a better ending not knowing

[face_whistling]

The office was nowhere near as large or extravagant as Jaina had somehow expected it to be when the door slid away with a pneumatic hiss, revealing instead an austere chamber of whites and gray. It was clean? obnoxiously tidy, really? and it was grim, and cold. There were no holographs or paintings secured to the alabplast panels, no plush rugs unfurled across the gleaming gunmetal plates of durasteel flooring? nothing soft, or warm, or personal of any kind.

Grim? Cold? o_O Seriously, it?s obvious that Jag finds no pleasure in his unsolicited lofty new position. Great job showing that, Master Yobi. =D=

"So," the young leader of the Imperial Remnant began, "Why have you come? I have a feeling it wasn't just to see me."

"It's Zekk."

"Oh..."

Jag's gaze averted hers with a few rapid blinks, before he began to pace around his desk.

[face_frustrated] Gah!! I want to bang their heads together.

Jag nodded. "Of course, you've been here for ten minutes. Time to run away again," he said dryly.

*shakes head* [face_plain]

Jaina was surprised by how sharp his tone was and how much it stung. She knew that there was a lot of hurt there, the way she'd left things...

"I'm sorry... I wouldn't have come if it wasn't important."

"I know."

This is so frustrating. At least she said ?I know? ;) That?s practically a commitment in the Solo language. :p

"Cem?"

There was a slight pause before a female voice laced with static crackled over the comm.

"Yes, sir?"

[face_mischief]

I can?t wait for more! Tuesday, get here already. :D

3. willowbeecat

willowbeecat Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2008
    Very interesting start to the story. Although I do miss that droid already.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    corran: Now just who is this ancient civilization? My guess would be the Richard Others, but Widmore was probably involved too.

Maybe. He seems to claim ownership of the Island, but maybe he was involved in Dharma? We know from Bad Twin there is a Widemore/Hanso connection.

I think the civilization is the Hostiles, yeah.

Personally, the one I think she has to save is Ben. Just becasue he's the beginning of the next generation.

I think that's a really interesting guess. We'll be seeing Ben in a few weeks.

TSF: Ohhhh, poor Jaggie! I think he needs a hug.

You might get trampled in the mob of girls rushing to do the same thing when you make a suggestion like that :p

But yeah, I don't think Jag likes his new life much. Jaina showing up isn't helping :p

Well, I'm very interested to find out why you think Cem is a female.

It's actually canon:

This is Jag thinking, so there's no reason for him to lie to himself. For Cem to be a male, Jag would have to unaware of the existence of his brother, which doesn't make a lot of sense since Wyn is well aware of Cem, and it doesn't sound like the Fels are locking Cem in a dungeon or something when Wyn says Cem is "always taking out" the Starflare. (It's worth noting that Chak would have been alive during RSBF, but I guess Zahn didn't let Jag know about that... Anyway, this can be retconned as Jag simply believing Chak had died in battle for some reason. There might be some wiggle room here too if RSBF happens after SQ, which seems to be Sue's position now, as I don't think there's anything concrete that says Chak was alive during the YV war.)

In The Joiner King, Formbi simply says that "Cem" is a son's name. Personally, if Cem really is a "Shadow Child", it makes a lot of sense to give a girl a male name to make her harder to identify.

We'll get more into this later in the fic though...

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

And thanks to jagsredlady for hunting down that RSBF quote for me :p I couldn't find it.

Cyn: Well, looky here. You made Cem a girl.
    Nice.

See above :p There's way more evidence Cem is a girl than a boy.

And she's looking for Zekk? Or just thinks she is and she's going to find someone else?

Yep [face_whistling]

Zekk is the person that comes to mind for Jaina, having never found him. We'll have to wait and see if she's right and he's still alive and needing help.

Gah!

Sorry :p

Loving this one Wes!

Thanks for reading and replying :D

damienraw: Long time lurker coming out of the black void ==================>

[face_laugh]

Nice to meet you :D Thanks for checking in.

Ive been enjoying the new story just finished chapter 2 after reading (takes deep breath)

I'm glad you're liking it.

]i]revolution a

5. damienraw

damienraw Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2008
    Just read chap 3, I imagine if someone as much of a dufus as daala was in charge of the GA then luke would be butting heads with her, I still cant believe she got that position, I mean she is one of the worst military commanders Ive read about in star wars then she suddenly is head of the galactic alliance, I never liked Borsk Feyla but at least he was a character you loved to hate, it makes as much sense for squibs to be put in charge next time, they'd be selling coruscant to the empire in no time, sorry rant over

I love the awkwardness between jag and jaina, its realistic, I doubt jaina needs to help zekk
    my top candidates would be

Luke - pretty messed up without mara, though he seemed to be turning a corner in legacy of the force at the end, but maybe that dark path has continued to taint him

will we see leia and han soon and allana???

Anakin :)-))- if it is him their needs to be a solid reason reason for his absence, maybe he enlisted zekks help to combat some secret threat (begins praying to star wars gods)

Tahiri, after all that sith nonsense jacen got out of her she could still be on a confused path afterwards

ben - unless something we dont know about has happened he seemd a pretty level headed skywalker for his age so he is bottom of my list, I cant wait to see whats he like now

post soon!

6. dancinut1080

dancinut1080 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Ok YodaKenobi I'm officially intrigued by this story. Would you please add me to your PM list? Thanks and keep up the great posts! :)

7. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    YodaKenobi

No, I wasn't implying anything romantic between them. It will be clear what I meant soon.

It pleases. And that I was frightened... It is interesting, that you for them there have thought up. I hope, Luke will not be the second the Head of the state.

It's difficult to say how Jaina would react to that.

Yes, probably you are right.

Yep, according to Formbi, she may be the Fel's Shadow Child, as he's never heard of her.

Means, it really Jag's sister?

Ben is an interesting guess We'll be seeing him soon. And more Jag as well.

[face_thinking]

Thanks so much. There will be more on Tuesday.

Tuesday? It is a pity, that today even Monday...:_|

Thanks for reading and replying too

To you thanks. That you write!

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    damienraw: Just read chap 3, I imagine if someone as much of a dufus as daala was in charge of the GA then luke would be butting heads with her, I still cant believe she got that position, I mean she is one of the worst military commanders Ive read about in star wars then she suddenly is head of the galactic alliance,

Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more. I was apprehensive about writing this precisely because of that and how "believable" I can really make it. It's so off the wall.

I never liked Borsk Feyla but at least he was a character you loved to hate, it makes as much sense for squibs to be put in charge next time, they'd be selling coruscant to the empire in no time, sorry rant over

Well, I can't agree there. I would love to see the Squibs in charge of the GFFA [face_not_talking]

I loved Borsk though. He was the perfect politician :p

I love the awkwardness between jag and jaina, its realistic,

Thank you. I really enjoy writing those kind of scenes for some reason.

I doubt jaina needs to help zekk
    my top candidates would be
    Luke - pretty messed up without mara, though he seemed to be turning a corner in legacy of the force at the end, but maybe that dark path has continued to taint him

I think Luke is a really interesting choice with a lot of possibilities, especially given the whole "blazing sun" eyes and "Mine!" thing in Invincible. Arguably the coolest thing about that book.

will we see leia and han soon and allana???

Soon, but not as soon as Tahiri, Ben, Luke, and some others, I don't think. I'm still fiddling with the structure a bit though. I like following Jaina a lot in the beginning as we can catch up with the galaxy through her eyes.

Anakin :)-))- if it is him their needs to be a solid reason reason for his absence, maybe he enlisted zekks help to combat some secret threat (begins praying to star wars gods)

Yeah, this is my favorite one, but as you point out, probably the most difficult. Trying to make it believable after Anakin's been gone for so long would be a challenge.

Tahiri, after all that sith nonsense jacen got out of her she could still be on a confused path afterwards

Jacen said specifically to Jaina that she needed to save "him" so Tahiri would be a long shot, unless you think things are not as they seem with Jacen's message in the cave?

ben - unless something we dont know about has happened he seemd a pretty level headed skywalker for his age so he is bottom of my list, I cant wait to see whats he like now

I thought Ben was a mess throughout the LotF and have been extremely disappointed in him. He ended up in a pretty good spot though, you're right.

post soon!

I'm shooting for tomorrow.

Thanks again for reading and replying :D

dancinut1080: Ok YodaKenobi I'm officially intrigued by this story.

Aw, thanks :D It's nice to meet you!

Would you please add me to your PM list?

Sure thing, thanks for the interest :)

Thanks and keep up the great posts!

Thank you again, and thanks for reading and replying :D

Bellum: Love the new icon you're sporting ;)

It pleases. And that I was frightened...

lol, I would be too!

It is interesting, that you for them there have thought up. I hope, Luke will not be the second the Head of the state.

No, he will not be. Those of you who guessed there was a lot of friction between Luke and Daala are correct.

Means, it really Jag's sister?

That remains to be seen. All we know is that Cem is a girl and according to Wyn she likes to fly the family yacht...

Tuesday? It is a pity, that today even Monday...

Well, it is now, so just one day left :p

To you thanks. That you write!

Aww [face_blush]

New post tomorrow... I hope :p

9. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Love the new icon you're sporting ;)

To me too.:) I am glad, as it was pleasant to you. Soon again I shall change. At me it is a lot of favourite characters.

lol, I would be too!

;)

No, he will not be. Those of you who guessed there was a lot of friction between Luke and Daala are correct.

It too is pleasant to me. In general, Daala too impulsive woman, and the approach to all at it... Softly to tell, power. Clear business, hardly it is pleasant to Luke. (In general never understood, than they have won, having replaced Jacen on Daala. At it, unlike it, no political talents are present.) And still it one of my favourite heroines, and I with impatience wait, when it will appear in yours fic.

That remains to be seen. All we know is that Cem is a girl and according to Wyn she likes to fly the family yacht...

Under name Starflare... ;) That, one more thing which will force me to read through yours fic up to the end. Very much I love family Fel.[face_blush]

Well, it is now, so just one day left :p

=D=

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

10. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    (hiding, lurking in anticipation)

(waits for new post)

(SPRINGS INTO ACTION)

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Bellum: To me too. I am glad, as it was pleasant to you. Soon again I shall change. At me it is a lot of favourite characters.

Me too. A few years ago I just decided to stick with this one though :p

It too is pleasant to me. In general, Daala too impulsive woman, and the approach to all at it... Softly to tell, power. Clear business, hardly it is pleasant to Luke. (In general never understood, than they have won, having replaced Jacen on Daala. At it, unlike it, no political talents are present.) And still it one of my favourite heroines, and I with impatience wait, when it will appear in yours fic.

You consider Daala a heroine? [face_thinking]

Under name Starflare...

Yep ;)

That, one more thing which will force me to read through yours fic up to the end. Very much I love family Fel.

Hehe. They seem to have a lot of fans. Hopefully you'll like the explanation.

Sure thing :D Thanks for your interest.

GrandMasterKatarn: (hiding, lurking in anticipation)
    (waits for new post)
    (SPRINGS INTO ACTION)

[face_laugh]

It will be up in a bit. I appreciate your enthusiasm :D

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  13. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! :eek:[face_hypnotized] Daala can't remember what day it is? Was part of her memory brain damaged so that the Sith could easily control her?

As usual, Yobi, you've left off with a great cliffhanger. Can't wait for more!

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *shudder*She is kriffin' nuts![face_worried]

This is getting good but I have to know....will we see Wobbler again?o_O

15. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Edit: Third... [face_frustrated]

Krayt, huh? I love the way your mind works, Yobi. The best place to hide is often in place sight. And the best lie is often based in truth, is it not? You've done anohter fantastic job of creating a clear picture not only of Daala's coniving plan and the world Jaina is returning to, but also Daala's fragile state of mind. Well done. =D=

Katunda. Also creative. It took me a minute to follow your meaning, but once I got it was a great touch.

Nice update.

16. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Daala gosh darnit! You stop having thoughts about psychotic galactic domination this instant!:mad::p

And Krayt's popping up now?! That makes me really worry for Jaina.[face_worried]

Excellent post![face_peace]

17. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Daala's creepy.

But it appears Rive is playing her- I wonder how she would feel about that? [face_thinking]

18. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Wow! Daala blew me away.

Well done =D=

19. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    [face_thinking] From a purely medical standpoint, would her brain injury make her more susceptible to mind suggestion?

Interning the Jedi, eh? Well, I guess there's one in every galaxy. Two, really, in the GFFA.

You took that bit in Revelation and turned it into gold.

=D=

Cyn

20. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Damn... I knew Daala would be up to something, but turning the entire Jedi Order into slave labour isn't exactly what I thought she'd be trying. When will these maniacal political leaders realise that Jedi have a nasty habit of fighting back when someone attacks them.

It will be interesting to see how you fit this into the Legacy comics. The Jedi are still with the Alliance by then, I believe (never read them myself, so I don't know for sure).

Can't wait for more.

21. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    This vaguely reminds me of X-men and registering mutants... except with more evil intentions.

"Which is why they all need to be confined to one planet."
    Ooh. Now it gets really interesting. My mind is already reeling with the implications.

The galaxy was kept safe from the Jedi and the Jedi were allowed to live out a peaceful existence in seclusion.
    Slash go crazy from not being able to help anyone or follow the Force. :p But we don't talk about that last part. ;)

Although with her memory issue, maybe she'll think she got rid of the Jedi already. Heh.

"I have good news for Lord Krayt," Rive said.
    Bum bum buuuuuuum....

22. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wow, what a great two posts. One almost feels bad for Daala there... almost....

23. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    WOW!!!!!!!!
    Great Chapter...... so Krayt's involved huh???? didnt see this one coming
    loved how you portrayed Daala. cant wait for more Jaina and more Caedus ghost/spectre warnings.[face_devil]
    I wonder if anyone found Caedus's journal and his diary (containing his knowledge and his thoughts)?????? :confused: might be that Jaina finds them and utilises them??? [face_thinking]O:) update soon.[face_love]

24. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, that was very interesting ( I won´t use the word "nice", because the happenings are anything but ). So Daala is either doing this under her own volition or is being force-nudged into this? I am guessing its a mix of both things. I am very interested to see how the Jedi are reacting to this, if they have any idea of force-sensitives being rounded up...

Also, my guess is that those force-sensitives are the cause why Krayt has so many Sith at his disposal when Ossus happens in the future... from what we saw, he actually had not so many Sith on Korriban during the LotF novels, so it´s a logical conclusion. :-B

Great, but a bit disturbing, chapter! =D=

Magnus

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I never liked Daala. She is always causing trouble! I hope TK and Jag give her lots of trouble in the senate.

"I have good news for Lord Krayt," Rive said.

:eek: OMG! This is going to be intresting!

another great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.