main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Blood Trail (Post-LotF: Jaina, Tahiri, Ben, Jag, Han, Leia, Luke) Completed 11/4/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivka

Rivka Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2008
    Oh dear. I knew Daala'd lost her grip on reality when she called Jag a misogynist. Clearly she's never met Jaina. But that'll change soon, won't it? And there'll be explosions? Okay, good.
    (Please add me to your PM list!)

2. dancinut1080

dancinut1080 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    The plot thickens!
    The opening description of Courscant is awesome I feel like I'm standing next to Daala and you write Daala very well. Absolutely Incredible! Keep up the great work, I can't wait for more!

3. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Holy cow! Fantastic post. You know, there are two things profic authors can never get right: exposition in conversation, and writing from the perspective of the villain (be it Empire, Sith, or Yuuzhan Vong). I have never encountered a profic author who could handle both of those--at the same time, no less--as well as you just did. That post gripped me from start to finish. If I wasn't before, I am officially hooked now and I can't wait to see where this goes. :D

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    So Daala's like a puppet or at the very least, losting her mind? Interesting.. [face_thinking] Really loved that chapter. :D

5. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow, Daala is a real piece of work. :eek: So, she has dissolved the Jedi council, and is interning Force sensitives. I can?t wait to see how Luke reacts to all this. She is obviously a dangerous person to be in such a powerful leadership position, you did a great job showing that.[face_worried]

I was shocked when she had that memory ?rewind? at the end. Nice touch. =D=

I didn?t know the brain damage Daala suffered resulting in memory loss is canon-based. I bow to your superior EU knowledge.=D= It will be interesting to see how her character get handled by the pros, lots of intriguing possibilities. Maybe making her the CoS was a genius move on TD?s part after all. [face_thinking] 8-}

Fantastic chapter, Yobi. I loved your descriptions of Coruscant, very vivid. You made one of my current most hated EU characters come alive, and she?s finally not just annoying but is now interesting to me as well. [face_hypnotized]

Can?t wait for more! Is it the day after Katunda yet? :p

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    GrandMasterKatarn: FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

Great job =D=

OMG! Daala can't remember what day it is?

She seems to be having some problems here [face_whistling]

Was part of her memory brain damaged so that the Sith could easily control her?

Well, no. Daala suffered some brain damage 40 some years ago right before the Death Star was destroyed. The Sith didn't have anything to do with it, but if you're asking whether they're using that to their advantage, it's unclear at this point... Daala's not exactly doing something she wouldn't be for ordinarily.

As usual, Yobi, you've left off with a great cliffhanger. Can't wait for more!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it. We'll be getting answers slowly but surely.

Thanks for reading and replying :D More will be up on Tuesday.

Jag4Me: *shudder*She is kriffin' nuts!

She has been for decades :p

This is getting good but I have to know....will we see Wobbler again?

Hmm... definitely. ;)

Thanks so much for reading and your reply :D

Telanna: Edit: Third...

Nicely done =D=

Krayt, huh? I love the way your mind works, Yobi.

Aww [face_blush] Thank you.

The best place to hide is often in place sight. And the best lie is often based in truth, is it not?

That's very true. A name like Krayt for a corporation really wouldn't arouse any suspicion at this point. It'll be almost a hundred years before he reveals himself.

You've done anohter fantastic job of creating a clear picture not only of Daala's coniving plan and the world Jaina is returning to, but also Daala's fragile state of mind. Well done.

Thanks, it was really tough to write her. The idea of her being CoS is so stupid it makes it difficult to write.

Katunda. Also creative. It took me a minute to follow your meaning, but once I got it was a great touch.

It's actually canon. Katunda is the second day of the week in SW. I was afraid that would be confusing cause it's so obscure. I certainly had to look it up. I tried to use the word several times in a row to drive home that it was a day of the week because if you take any one of those statements by themselves you're left going, "What's a Katunda?" :p

Nice update.

Thanks so much and thanks for reading and replying :)

angry_bendu: Daala gosh darnit! You stop having thoughts about psychotic galactic domination this instant!

She's been doing it for so long, it's hard to just stop 8-}

And Krayt's popping up now?! That makes me really worry for Jaina.

Well, he's around. I'm going to try and stay in the bounds of canon with this though, so he won't be revealing himself to the galaxy or anything

And I think you're smart to be worried [face_whistling]

Excellent post!

Thank you and thanks for reading! :)

jedi_princess18: Daala's creepy.

No doubt about it [face_worried]

But it appears Rive is playing her- I wonder how she would feel about that?

Good question. I'm sure she wouldn't be too happy to know she was actually dealing with another Force-user since she hates them all.

Thanks for reading and replying!

TKeira_Lea: Wow! Daala blew me away.

It was a tough one to write so that's good to hear.

Well done

Thanks! And thanks for reading :)

canadianjedimama: From a purely medical standpoint, would her brain injury make her more susceptible to mind suggestion?

I think it would. One of the tricks of the Mind-trick is making the person forget about it, so if Daala has trouble remembering things already and is king of all over the place, it would make a Force-users job easier.

Interning the Jedi, eh?

Well, that's what Daala thinks she's doing... [face_whistling]

Well, I guess there's one in every galaxy. Two, really

7. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    19th... I have been shamed.

When I first heard KraytCorp, I knew it'd be our friendly Tusken Sith.

8. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I'll join the crowd....Daala is nuts. :oops:

9. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_blush] YodaKenobi rocks my socks! [face_blush]

It will never happen again Wes trust me. :p

Very well done here. So much to be said but they don't say it. I don't know if it's Jag being prideful or Jaina being aloof and running...as always. This is a very believable reation from him if she just up and left after the end of Invincible.

:eek: Oh, these two. They give me gray hair.

Because she's Jaina. :(

Sneaky Jag...I love sneaky Jag. [face_love]

And Jaina being so closed off to everyone...I'm anxious to see how that works out. [face_peace]

I saw your comments on Cem and it would make since if Cem Fel is female. :) I had heard this theory before but I never seen the evidence laid out until you did so. Overall I like it, because that would close any doubt on who is Fel I, being as though Legacy 0 makes its clear that Fel I is male, and the ages don't add up for it to be Soontir. [face_whistling]

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I see that Daala's being her evil self again

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I like the story so far, very well thought out.

And just to show that I haven't been online or read a book all year long I'll say what I was thinking in chapter 1.

"Jaina killed Jacen?!":eek:

12. damienraw

damienraw Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2008
    Cool post especially the ending, though I didnt expect his involvment to be revealed so soon obviously the company names gave a big hit and it all feels like a natural extension of the stories in legacy

I dont think daala really believes the jedi will quietly be confined to a planet, she wants them to fight her so she can move against them

and I still dont like daala at all but at least she has an excuse for been a bit mental with the shrapnel that hasn't effected her at all ;-) , I wonder if her memory loss is what it sppears or perhaps the sith are mind rubbing her, though she has reason enough to dislike the jedi without that

looking forward to the next post

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    zonzo: 19th... I have been shamed.

No shame in that [face_peace]

When I first heard KraytCorp, I knew it'd be our friendly Tusken Sith.

Good guess :D Have to wait and see how much we'll actually be seeing that Tusken Sith.

Thanks for reading and your reply :D

Love the new icon, btw! :cool:

TSF: I'll join the crowd....Daala is nuts.

I think she's just misunderstood [face_not_talking]

... Okay, she's crazy :p

Thanks for reading and replying :D

PIPER: YodaKenobi rocks my socks!

Aww [face_blush]

It will never happen again Wes trust me.

You never know ;)

Very well done here. So much to be said but they don't say it. I don't know if it's Jag being prideful or Jaina being aloof and running...as always.

Probably both, though Jag seems to be making an effort.

This is a very believable reation from him if she just up and left after the end of Invincible.

Thanks. I'm kind of picturing her leaving a few weeks afterwards, trying to settle back into her life and realizing that's impossible.

Oh, these two. They give me gray hair.

I think I'm the only one who enjoys a scene like this :p

Because she's Jaina.

Yeah, she's got a lot of her mom in her. The kind of woman who takes charge of her own rescue :cool:

Sneaky Jag...I love sneaky Jag.

Hehe. He'll be up to a lot of stuff in this one...

And Jaina being so closed off to everyone...I'm anxious to see how that works out.

Hopefully it will have a good resolution.

I saw your comments on Cem and it would make since if Cem Fel is female. I had heard this theory before but I never seen the evidence laid out until you did so. Overall I like it, because that would close any doubt on who is Fel I, being as though Legacy 0 makes its clear that Fel I is male, and the ages don't add up for it to be Soontir.

The white streaked hair pretty much guarantee's that the Fel dynasty is at least Jag's off spring, IMO. I could be wrong, but it might be possible that Jag and Jaina's son is actually the first Emperor? I'll have to do the math.

As for Cem being a girl, I'm glad you liked that. Originally everyone assumed Cem was a girl back in 2003 when FH came out (IIRC), but the Formbi thing in TJK changed everyone's mind, I guess :confused:

One other thing I find interesting about it: One can assume that "Cem" is actually a Chiss name, as Formbi recognizes it as male but Mara and Luke assumed it was a female name. I find it interesting that Soontir and Syal would name one of their kids a Chiss name, but then, "Chak" sounds very Chiss too [face_thinking]

Thanks so much for reading and replying :D

Sil: I see that Daala's being her evil self again

It's the only way she knows how to be :(

Thanks for reading and your reply :)

SpiritofEowyn: I like the story so far, very well thought out.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

And just to show that I haven't been online or read a book all year long I'll say what I was thinking in chapter 1.
    "Jaina killed Jacen?!"

At the end of LotF, yeah. They had a pretty brutal duel that resulted in Jaina killing Jacen.

Thanks so much for reading :D

damienraw: Cool post especially the ending, though I didnt expect his involvment to be revealed so soon obviously the company names gave a big hit and it all feels like a natural extension of the stories in legacy

I thought about moving the comm call from Rive to later in the story, but there are a lot of other surprises on the way, so it seemed like the best place for it.

I dont think daala really believes the jedi will quietly be confined to a planet, she wants them to fight her so she can move against them

Probably. She'll move the non-jedi Force-sensitives off world where they can't spread out again and kill the existing Jedi. I think that's p

14. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Wow! What a twist! So Krayt s going to be seen in this story, and Daala is having memory issues? This is really getting me intrigued! Can't wait for tommorow!

15. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    What I was asking is if the Sith could me discretely pushing the part of Daala's brain that wants to exterminate the Jedi. Cuz I can see them prodding and pushing that part of her brain and watch her act.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    corran: Wow! What a twist!

Glad you liked it :D

So Krayt s going to be seen in this story,

Maybe... Going to try and keep this in canon so I can't contradict things established in the Legacy comics.

and Daala is having memory issues?

Yeah, she suffered a brain injury in the Death Star novel that I think was the authors' way of retconning why she was so crazy and stupid throughout the EU.

This is really getting me intrigued! Can't wait for tommorow!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you're finding it so interesting :D And thanks for reading and replying!

GrandMasterKatarn: What I was asking is if the Sith could me discretely pushing the part of Daala's brain that wants to exterminate the Jedi. Cuz I can see them prodding and pushing that part of her brain and watch her act.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood :oops: I think that could definitely be going on, especially since Daala is more than a little screwed up in the head already. We'll find out more about what's going on there eventually.

Thanks again!

Okay, new post will be up in a few minutes. I hope you guys will like it :)

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Removed

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  18. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    First![face_dancing]

And now with the review....

o_O Not you too? *shakes head*

:p

=P~ And I mean that in a totally inappropriate fangirly sort of way.

Darn it...:D

Seriously though, Jaina's come to break her out, eh? [face_thinking] Very interesting. Will Jaina's Imperial minder will be helping with this?

Jaina and Tahiri's Excellent Adventure. Awesome.

I really hope it's not a Bogus Journey.

Nice post, Wes!

Cyn

19. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Second.

Curiouser and curiouser. I would love to see Tahiri find some redemption - even if she has to break out of prison to do it. That's going to be a challenge, but nothing those two can't handle.

Interesting concept, the Nightsister Blood Trail thing. Is it canon or an original concept?

Are you sure you only want to post once a week? :D

20. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    tertius

what with you writing two fics of a similar nature....

I thought that this was Land of the Dead and figured that I missed the part where Tahiri was turned by Callista and Darth Havok before finally caught on that this is Blood Trail.

Oh man.

Even Luke forgive Tahiri, sort of. Who could figure that Han and Leia would be so...

unforgiving.

Geez, c'mon.

I guess blood is thicker than water. If that were Caedus locked in there, Leia would kiss his toes in a new yor, um, I mean Coruscant second.

night sister blood thingy: Canon!

21. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    It appears Jaina won't be leaving alone...

Tahiri's thought is an interesting one. I really like how this is unfolding.

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    is she breaking Tahiri out of prison?

23. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    It amazes me how you can write 2 stories so differently. This one is starting to feel a little noirish, with all the mysteries. Love your characterization of Post Invincible Tahiri. Laughed out loud at the wild night line. Great stuff. Is Jaina going to stage a prison break? Guess we'll find out soon enough, right?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You had me thinking she was actually going to see Aurra Sing.[face_thinking] I guess Tahiri makes sense...but what the heck is
    Ben going to visit her for?[face_shame_on_you]
    The wild night comment is priceless...sounds like banter from back when they were all friends.

Surely she's not going to break Tahiri out of there?[face_worried] Hopefully Cem is out there watching to cover Jaina's backside if things go bad.

25. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    See, now it's come to this.

There exist people who hate Tahiri.

Ius caecus est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.